Niomi Smart #5 Onwards, upwards, but not Woodwards

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole vlog was very strange. He was obviously unhappy and she was very off. The signing off at the end was all rather odd and unhappy.

Reactions: 5
I don't know if Joe cheated, but all this "you got to love yourself first" and "putting myself first" stuff makes it look like Niomi's sense of self and safety were pretty shaken. Knowing how controlling she is, I have to wonder if Joe maybe wasn't so dreamy and so much of a doormat behind the scenes. Maybe he was snarky and made fun of her. He never exhibited any personality on camera, but who knows.

Or... Maybe it's just the surprise factor of the breakup. But she definitely seems like someone who no longer knows what to believe of herself or of others. If only she had thrown us a bone in the shape of a video today.

I can't wait for her to move into another beautiful London apartment that I'd never be able to afford :p Her post-Marcus and pre-Joe phase was my favorite for her videos hahaha.

Reactions: 34
How gutted must she be though. I know her controlling perfectionist self would be gutted that she lost a guy who ticks all the boxes on paper and instagram.

Reactions: 24
Also you all must be knowing joe lost his job. I checked his linked in, he hasn't found anything yet. Being without a job and then being in search of it is hugely stressful. Also i felt she never really understood this and was busy planning her wedding. If i had lost my job, i would be in no mood to plan unless i crack an interview. And niomi was starting her smart skin brand. And tbh, most guys don't like women more successful than them. Ofcourse this would not b the case had he not lost his job

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Must have been infuriating for him. Pulling his tripes out all day doing all that donkey work .

While she does nothing but sit in on her arse in the park quaffing champers.
Gets him to ferry her back. For her to go and have afternoon nap and when wakes up , still tired!

Wonder whether they’d had a row about that .
He must have had the patience of a saint to put up with it so long. No idea how he’s done it.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
I think the director Joe Wright did that to Rosamund Pike a while back - broke it off after the wedding invites had been sent out.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
I think the director Joe Wright did that to Rosamund Pike a while back - broke it off after the wedding invites had been sent out.
Yeah ,she didn't tell him she was sending them, and the invites had a pic of them in a hot tub on them!

I feel a bit bad that Niomi had gotten special wooden plaques made and had already given most of them out.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Yes Jo was probs stressed about his job but don’t forget guys he comes from money. His parents are millionaires. He is hardly living pay cheque to pay cheque. To me he seemed like a typical toff guy - maybe he had more layers!

Reactions: 26
Yes Jo was probs stressed about his job but don’t forget guys he comes from money. His parents are millionaires. He is hardly living pay cheque to pay cheque. To me he seemed like a typical toff guy - maybe he had more layers!
But he can still have career aspirations and want to make his own money too right? I’m not saying he isn’t incredibly privileged of course! Plus obviously so many people are far worse off after losing jobs this year because of the pandemic :(

Reactions: 17
But he can still have career aspirations and want to make his own money too right? I’m not saying he isn’t incredibly privileged of course!
Of course but I think the point is that a) he’s very fortunate, many people who aren’t from wealthy families have lost their jobs during covid who don’t have that safety set so it’s not like he’s going to be stressed about financial commitments etc and b) he probably got these jobs off the back of who his dad is anyway, so it’s very likely similar opportunities will come his way in the future. What is there really to be stressed about for him tbh?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
But he can still have career aspirations and want to make his own money too right? I’m not saying he isn’t incredibly privileged of course! Plus obviously so many people are far worse off after losing jobs this year because of the pandemic :(
Oh for sure, it's still hard for you to lose your job, especially something you loved like Joe did his, and have that uncertainty of what comes next. But the stress levels aren't the same when you lose your job and know that, if need be, your parents can lend you money/ you can move back with them and rent your place or whatever than when there's absolutely no safety net and you have no clue how you'll make rent next time.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree ☝ i There must have been an argument of some kind and he just thought it’s not worth it. I personally think it’s the flat situation. Truth is if she was uncomfortable just find a rental property. It’s not like they aren’t both swimming in cash

Reactions: 8
ciramhn said:
There was something definitely off between them during the vlog where she gave a tour of Freddie’s (Lol) flat, they definitely had a row before she left to meet Charlotte. She was on a suppressed rage walking around with her camera making passive aggressive comments about it being boyish, wtf did she expect?! “that picture is the only touch that I’ve added SO FAR, so I think we...might need to...rearrange...” The bang of arrogance. Watch it again with the break up in mind.

Maybe they were going through a rough patch and she sensed that he was gonna call it off before she vlogged the whole “asking Charlotte to be her MOH” thing and just went and did it anyway so that Joe felt he couldn’t back out of it?
I think this is SPOT ON!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I genuinely think that he wanted to focus on his career/job for a while at least and put that first; perhaps post pone the wedding for a couple of years and that was the opposite of what Niomi wanted. I think she didn't want to wait too long for the wedding, told him that and was annoyed/sad that he was fine with it being postponed for his work, which maybe resulted in an argument about the whole waiting thing and what would be happening with both of their careers and it just unfortunately lead to a break up on the very common basis of them both wanting different things.

Reactions: 2
My brother is a millionaire but I still have to work and live paycheque to paycheque! I even lost my job because of coronavirus and seriously thought about suicide because I was in such a bad place financially. I even lost my home. Sure, I could ask for money, but I just can't.

He's 30. I seriously doubt his parents give him money. It's really embarrassing to ask for handouts.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
As his parents are so wealthy, it seems odd that joe has his own flat and Freddie doesn’t? Did joe buy it himself from his own wages, then rent it out to Freddie to rent a house with Niomi? Seems odd.

Reactions: 9
As his parents are so wealthy, it seems odd that joe has his own flat and Freddie doesn’t? Did joe buy it himself from his own wages, then rent it out to Freddie to rent a house with Niomi? Seems odd.
Exactly. I'd say their parents don't give them money. And why should they? Freddie and Joe should earn it themselves.

Reactions: 13
Long time lurker - finally joined the discussion because I'm shook!!

I read a few comments suggesting she was controlling his diet, which is honestly ridiculous. Even if he felt like he had to eat her cooked food to be polite, as a grown man he shouldn't have a problem eating some meat whenever he wants on other occasions. Even in the "asking my best friend" vlog they got burgers from Patty & Bun which is not a vegan restaurant! He could have easily gotten a beef burger if he wanted? Are we seriously to believe that he doesn't have enough of a backbone to eat non-vegan food around her even if it's from a restaurant and she doesn't have to cook it? If that's the case then he's 100% a man-child and she's better off without him. But I really don't think that's the case either. I think he genuinely just didn't mind vegan food. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 29
Exactly. I'd say their parents don't give them money. And why should they? Freddie and Joe should earn it themselves.
Maybe they don’t give them money but the point is Joe is always going to have that safety net behind him if something goes horribly wrong. Many during the pandemic who have lost jobs and homes don’t have any rich family to help them out. I don’t want to pry further into your family business but if you have one millionaire brother and not a wealthy family to the extent that Joe has that isn’t the same. His parents are never going to watch him be homeless or something when they have all that money and he will always get job opportunities others won’t simply by virtue of who his dad is - just looking at his LinkedIn for example he’s no way qualified to be a CMO.

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.