Niomi Smart #5 Onwards, upwards, but not Woodwards

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe they don’t give them money but the point is Joe is always going to have that safety net behind him if something goes horribly wrong. Many during the pandemic who have lost jobs and homes don’t have any rich family to help them out. I don’t want to pry further into your family business but if you have one millionaire brother and not a wealthy family to the extent that Joe has that isn’t the same. His parents are never going to watch him be homeless or something when they have all that money and he will always get job opportunities others won’t simply by virtue of who his dad is - just looking at his LinkedIn for example he’s no way qualified to be a CMO.
Yes. Even though I lost my home, I'm not homeless - I'm allowed to live in one of my brother's houses. So yeah, I'm insanely privileged. But doesn't mean he gives me money. I still want to make my own way. I think Joe is the same. Losing a job is hard for anyone.

Reactions: 11
Yes. Even though I lost my home, I'm not homeless - I'm allowed to live in one of my brother's houses. So yeah, I'm insanely privileged. But doesn't mean he gives me money. I still want to make my own way. I think Joe is the same. Losing a job is hard for anyone.
You seem to be taking this really personally. Sorry but I see little difference in someone directly giving you money or giving you a place to live for free. It’s like when people buy a house really young and say ‘wow it’s so easy all you have to do is move back in with your parents!!’ Whether it’s giving you money directly or saving you a hell of a lot in rent it’s all much of a muchness. Nobody said losing a job isn’t hard, and yeah I guess you can commend him for wanting to work but personally I don’t feel much sympathy towards someone who has an extremely rich family losing a job when he will most certainly get another (that he probably isn’t qualified for either) because of his surname. There are many people who don’t have those securities that’s all we’re pointing out. He can be sad about it but he will be totally fine when many many others won’t. The fact that it’s even a choice whether to ‘make his own way’ or live on his family’s money is a massive privilege. Not sure what’s controversial about that to be honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Rewatching the "telling my best friend" vlog and I find it so strange that they moved into that tiny flat with Freddie! Especially considering their previous living space the flat would've been too small for just the two of them but to squeeze in with Freddie is very very odd. This flat is actually tiny!! It defo wasn't for financial reasons - obviously. And they previously rented a bigger space despite Joe having this flat then too. They did the move in 3 weeks so they weren't crunched on time either. Very bizarre! I agree with the comments saying Joe didn't want to commit to a lease because he was considering a breakup. But what I can't understand is how Niomi agreed to this arrangement! 😬 I really wonder what he said to her to convince her this move was the best option for them.

Reactions: 15
You seem to be taking this really personally. Sorry but I see little difference in someone directly giving you money or giving you a place to live for free. It’s like when people buy a house really young and say ‘wow it’s so easy all you have to do is move back in with your parents!!’ Whether it’s giving you money directly or saving you a hell of a lot in rent it’s all much of a muchness. Nobody said losing a job isn’t hard, and yeah I guess you can commend him for wanting to work but personally I don’t feel much sympathy towards someone who has an extremely rich family losing a job when he will most certainly get another (that he probably isn’t qualified for either) because of his surname. There are many people who don’t have those securities that’s all we’re pointing out. He can be sad about it but he will be totally fine when many many others won’t. The fact that it’s even a choice whether to ‘make his own way’ or live on his family’s money is a massive privilege. Not sure what’s controversial about that to be honest.
I'm not taking it personally... I'm just saying that Joe probably doesn't want to live off his parents which is why they moved back in with Freddie. Losing his job probably brought stress into his relationship because he felt like he couldn't provide for her.

Anyway, moving on...

Reactions: 15
I'm not taking it personally... I'm just saying that Joe probably doesn't want to live off his parents which is why they moved back in with Freddie. Losing his job probably brought stress into his relationship because he felt like he couldn't provide for her.

Anyway, moving on...
Yep, and that’s fine. You’re entitled to your opinion, as if everyone else. Personally I’d be surprised if money troubles had anything to do with the breakdown of the relationship as they are both loaded. He didn’t need to provide for her, she has plenty of her own money in the bank!

Reactions: 18
Yeah ,she didn't tell him she was sending them, and the invites had a pic of them in a hot tub on them!

I feel a bit bad that Niomi had gotten special wooden plaques made and had already given most of them out.
Oh wow I didn’t know that about Rosamund Pike, thanks for the tea!

When was the wedding set for? If like next summer, surely you just send out a save the date card for now? Even if Joe was committed to Niomi maybe that was a sign that he wasn’t in as deep as her. Sending out wooden plaques to people? Way too much imo!

Reactions: 6
Oh wow I didn’t know that about Rosamund Pike, thanks for the tea!

When was the wedding set for? If like next summer, surely you just send out a save the date card for now? Even if Joe was committed to Niomi maybe that was a sign that he wasn’t in as deep as her. Sending out wooden plaques to people? Way too much imo!
I think she said the plaques were just for the bridesmaids and her sister. I’ve seen people have little things like that made for the bridal party when they ask them to be bridesmaids etc, I think she said her cousins, Charlotte and then Daisy May (sp?) as flower girl

Reactions: 10
Ahhh ok!!! I thought she’d sent them out to all the guests haha!! Ok that’s a lot more normal.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Omg, I don’t think I ever watched the bridesmaid video because it looked boring to me. The way she spoke about the flat stinks! ‘Joe’s flat’ and ‘Freddie is going to be our flat mate’ wtf? Joe might own it but if Freddie has lived there since what 2017? 2016? I’d say that’s Freddie’s flat and he’s very kindly letting us move in with him? You don’t refer to a flat as being whoever the landlord’s name is. Then saying first night in ‘our’ flat...just gave me the ick actually watching it, yikes.

I think Freddy/flat situation has a lot to do with the break up.

The last post on the balcony with the pizza, she again captioned it as " a place to call home". Every opportunity she got, she tried her best to emphasize that its her and Joe's flat.

What if Freddy was being left out in that house almost all days ?

N and J was eating dinner for two there (not saying Freddy should invade their privacy), but Freddy is not just another roommate, he is Joe's brother , his born sibling. The constant avoidance, the constant emphasize on "our flat" "new home", the rearrangement in a video which the whole world could watch (like telling the world , it is me and my fiance's flat , his brother lives here, we are great for "Allowing that" mentality)

I mean can you imagine if N had a flat and Daisy Mae ( just assuming her to be a grown up) was using it, will N take it well if he constantly tried to be the emperor of that flat or if he takes initiative to ignore N's sister and act like she is not living there at all?

Niomi sure does comes across as sweet , but she could be the not so sweet person we see on screen. Who knows! Her flat and events associated with gives her a rude vibe . If she could post that much online about it, I wonder how bad it was offline. I mean, don't we all know 10000% polite people to outsiders but not actually very nice ppl? it is easy to disguise rgt, and since there is lot of ppl who agree she is fake , may be she is not all that sweet as she come across. And don't forget the fact that she is a Gemini, Gemini's are known for having two different personalities.

We know she is bossy and controlling, its just the flat situation just made her bring that out more.

I would have stood up to my sibling in such a situation, doe not mean I disrespect my partner, but as a sibling ain't that the right thing to do? Niomi would have, if Daisy Mae was in Freddy's shoes.

Niomi also mentioned that Joe and her never had a cross word- in a 4 year relationship!! How is that even a true relationship? She either lied, or Joe had his first cross word and she could not handle it.

ABOUT Joe's job; may be RR asked him to resign to leave India or stay there until further notice?? That is why he does not have his job back now even though IPL is starting in Dubai? May be Niomi had a hand in making him resign?

All these, plus the lock down, plus her constant control over what he ate, how much he ate, controlling over his brother must have had Joe explode (probably for the first time) and she could not, would not take it or accept it.

That is why probably Freddie put a post to show , hello madam and brother is still chilling and she immediately unfollowed them both!

She should loosen up, yes do her self care and find out who she is, what she wants.

I unfollowed her soon after she started dating Joe, could not relate to her or her content. Like many said I liked her when she was living alone after break u with Marcus.

Why is she even vegan? For health? then she should stop eating all fake "vegan" things and heavily processed things.
for environment? Her lIfe style sure does not agree to that either
for animals? Nope. She worked with million brands who does animal testing to say the least.

It looks like trying hard to maintain the vegan brand name and stay on that because that is her income is from.

May be she should rebrand, she can eat non vegan, or may be vegetarian and live concisely contributing to environment, sustainability.

Doe not have to stick with her current image but rather be true to herself. Do what she want, eat what she wants. She is hopping from brands to brands , because she does not have a genuine identity.Hope her self care session helps her to revamp and rebrand and become a true to self person!

Ok, thank you so much if you read all of this! I could write a movie now😆😂

• Heart
Reactions: 24
What if Freddy was being left out in that house almost all days ?

N and J was eating dinner for two there (not saying Freddy should invade their privacy), but Freddy is not just another roommate, he is Joe's brother , his born sibling. The constant avoidance, the constant emphasize on "our flat" "new home", the rearrangement in a video which the whole world could watch (like telling the world , it is me and my fiance's flat , his brother lives here, we are great for "Allowing that" mentality)
Totally agree with your whole post and this in particular - when she showed the vegan burger at the end of the bridesmaid video, I thought the nuggets were a third plate of food and assumed they were going to eat dinner with Freddie. But nope. The way she was saying it was boyish and loads of new furniture had been bought, the spice rack, talking about decorating the terrace, it all just showed no respect at all for Freddie who was already living there. It must feel very intrusive having someone barge in and start moving all your stuff around!

Reactions: 10
My brother is a millionaire but I still have to work and live paycheque to paycheque! I even lost my job because of coronavirus and seriously thought about suicide because I was in such a bad place financially. I even lost my home. Sure, I could ask for money, but I just can't.

He's 30. I seriously doubt his parents give him money. It's really embarrassing to ask for handouts.
I think he's 32, since he turned 30 in 2018 as per Niomi's post, and the fact that he owns an apartment in an expensive part of London and has owned it for years makes me think he's not too ashamed of handouts or just financial help. Not many twenty somethings can afford their own two bedroom in an extremely expensive city without the Bank of Mum and Dad.

Totally agree with your whole post and this in particular - when she showed the vegan burger at the end of the bridesmaid video, I thought the nuggets were a third plate of food and assumed they were going to eat dinner with Freddie. But nope. The way she was saying it was boyish and loads of new furniture had been bought, the spice rack, talking about decorating the terrace, it all just showed no respect at all for Freddie who was already living there. It must feel very intrusive having someone barge in and start moving all your stuff around!
I really wish Freddie/Joe gave their side of the story on that front. Niomi and Joe moving into Freddie's flat, whether owned by Joe or part-owned, will never cease to baffle me. The only way it makes sense is if Joe already had his doubts and didn't want to co-sign a lease with Niomi. Because otherwise... these people must have savings of some sort. No need to go make things awkward with your brother.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think when she got back to london she also had to make the rounds and tell people/her bridesmaids the wedding was off- hence the thriving social life. she randomly met up with her cousin arabella for tea, then venetia and rosanna and thelondonchatter. i’d imagine her friends all wanted to be supportive and now constantly ask her to come out with them. as immature as she’s being on some levels it’s nice she has a group of girlfriends to spend time with right now.

Reactions: 14
I think he's 32, since he turned 30 in 2018 as per Niomi's post, and the fact that he owns an apartment in an expensive part of London and has owned it for years makes me think he's not too ashamed of handouts or just financial help. Not many twenty somethings can afford their own two bedroom in an extremely expensive city without the Bank of Mum and Dad.

I really wish Freddie/Joe gave their side of the story on that front. Niomi and Joe moving into Freddie's flat, whether owned by Joe or part-owned, will never cease to baffle me. The only way it makes sense is if Joe already had his doubts and didn't want to co-sign a lease with Niomi. Because otherwise... these people must have savings of some sort. No need to go make things awkward with your brother.
Someone pointed out Freddie doesn’t seem to have his own flat and it just occurred to me perhaps Joe bought the flat with an inheritance? And Freddie spent his money some other way or saved it. Does seem a bit odd for them to buy only one brother a flat. Still family money must’ve been involved, like you say it’s so expensive.
And yes definitely re the moving in, I thought it was incredibly odd she said they were planning to live there for 18 months to 2 years. Clearly wasn’t intended to be a short term arrangement. I have no idea how it didn’t occur to her there and then how weird that was when they’d obviously rented a flat together before...

Someone pointed out Freddie doesn’t seem to have his own flat and it just occurred to me perhaps Joe bought the flat with an inheritance? And Freddie spent his money some other way or saved it. Does seem a bit odd for them to buy only one brother a flat. Still family money must’ve been involved, like you say it’s so expensive.
And yes definitely re the moving in, I thought it was incredibly odd she said they were planning to live there for 18 months to 2 years. Clearly wasn’t intended to be a short term arrangement. I have no idea how it didn’t occur to her there and then how weird that was when they’d obviously rented a flat together before...
Maybe he told her that since IPL was off and his job plans were uncertain during the pandemic, he didn't want to rent an apartment in an expensive (it would have to be posh for Niomi) neighborhood so they'd have to stay with Freddie?

But it's just so odd that she was still caught off guard? Did she not think this was strange? I don't know if she's that out of touch. Maybe she noticed but avoided a real conversation for where she thought it might lead?

Reactions: 5
Maybe he told her that since IPL was off and his job plans were uncertain during the pandemic, he didn't want to rent an apartment in an expensive (it would have to be posh for Niomi) neighborhood so they'd have to stay with Freddie?

But it's just so odd that she was still caught off guard? Did she not think this was strange? I don't know if she's that out of touch. Maybe she noticed but avoided a real conversation for where she thought it might lead?
She's rented her own flat in an expensive part of London by herself before, I don't understand why she couldn't have done it again. Like, if Joe had told her about not wanting a big lease while he was unemployed, I would have thought she'd have offered to rent a place herself vs. piling into a flat with his brother. This is the real mystery hahaha not where did Joey goey.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Maybe they don’t give them money but the point is Joe is always going to have that safety net behind him if something goes horribly wrong. Many during the pandemic who have lost jobs and homes don’t have any rich family to help them out. I don’t want to pry further into your family business but if you have one millionaire brother and not a wealthy family to the extent that Joe has that isn’t the same. His parents are never going to watch him be homeless or something when they have all that money and he will always get job opportunities others won’t simply by virtue of who his dad is - just looking at his LinkedIn for example he’s no way qualified to be a CMO.
All the more incentive for him to prove himself professionally. If Niomi felt the same way, that they aren’t in a desperate situation so why should he be stressed, he’d have room to be angry with her.

She's rented her own flat in an expensive part of London by herself before, I don't understand why she couldn't have done it again. Like, if Joe had told her about not wanting a big lease while he was unemployed, I would have thought she'd have offered to rent a place herself vs. piling into a flat with his brother. This is the real mystery hahaha not where did Joey goey.
She overestimated her familiar relationship with Freddie. She was always trying to ingrain herself. She probably thought she’d fit right in.

I feel like the weirdness did occur to her which is why she was being so passive-aggressive immediately after moving in. My gut feeling is that they argued about this and he put his foot down on his decision. She probably didn't want to push him too much so ultimately agreed but wasn't happy with the situation. Or it could also be possible that Freddie had plans to get a place of his own.

Reactions: 5
At this point I feel like she must’ve known something was up - depending when the wedding was, 18 months to 2 years would take them past their wedding. Like did she really think as a newly married couple with tonnes of money it would be normal for them to stay with his brother. Either she’s very dense or was feigning ignorance hanging on as much as she could!
All the more incentive for him to prove himself professionally. If Niomi felt the same way, that they aren’t in a desperate situation so why should he be stressed, he’d have room to be angry with her.
Eh, if the industry he works in is literally not functioning during the pandemic what’s the point in being stressed about it when you don’t stand to lose your home or be able to survive. And regarding proving himself professionally - I’m sure he’s a big boy who knows he isn’t qualified to be a CMO, he seems more than happy to dine out on Daddy’s name when it comes to jobs. If he wanted to really prove himself I’d expect him to do something unrelated to sport where he isn’t going to get jobs just because of who he is, personally. Really go his own way.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
In this video from 2016 (the year she met Joe) at around 18:10, she talks about learning her lesson and wanting to keep her private life private in the future. I really hope she actually learns her lesson this time around, breaking off an engagement is hard enough without it being in the eyes of thousands of people.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.