Niomi Smart #45 Fourchette la baguette and Donkey in the shed, are they engaged yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
While it wouldn’t be my taste either way, a green or emerald ring could work if it was a darker green IMO. That particular green was just way too… idk, ostentatious, like it could never blend in with anything nor could it just have a classic everyday feel to it… and if you want to wear it every day for the rest of your life, it’s a very particular bright green to wear. Kate Middleton does have sapphire blue but it’s a deeper blue that kind of stands the test of time.

And Niomi definitely seems the type of girl to just want a classic gold band and diamond. However, apparently that type of green indicates it is more expensive? Just goes to show money doesn’t do everything.

And yes I remember her breakup announcement was just the most obvious sign she had t dealt with it, and also another sign of her perfectionism, it’s like she wanted people to be jealous she was with Joe and then she wanted them to be jealous got dumped. And it’s kind of how she’s continued to act.

Reactions: 20
OK don't hate me but I got her "eat smart" cookbook, it was like a $1.50 used and finally arrived. Super curious about the recipes, she also mentions Marcus in the acknowledgments at the end haha.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Idk if I'm being too ~ armchair psychologist or reading too much into things here but I feel like she looked okay after the break up because it was so fresh she thought in time she really would be over it. Now, I feel like she's given up ever feeling okay about it. She looks depressed constantly and flitting from one loser to another. When she posted Vienna by Billy Joel recently and said she related to it, she didn't mean it this way, but I was thinking there's that part 'you can get what you want or you can just get old'. And I kind of get the feeling she's internalised the idea that she will never get over Joe now, so she can either just get old on her own, or she can find whatever loser will have her to settle down with and have the kids and Mummy lifestyle that she wants. I do really wish for her sake she would seek therapy and just accept being single until she's in a better place. I don't think any relationship will last with this foundation either.

Reactions: 29
I loved the ring - it was eye catching. Niomi has a bohemian streak & I think that part of her appreciated its uniqueness

As a follow up to my thought vomit from before, I want to share a get out of cult free website I found 🙂 It’s called ic.org. It breaks down assorted intentional communities by location. Some are nonstarters (anything Bruderhof organization) but a few look downright interesting. I’ve found 3 that I would consider. Niomi if you’re reading this, I hope you explore more before settling in.

So sad 🙁

All this talk about Niomi joining a cult has me thinking of someone I know. He cut ties with everyone and enjoys his days talking about feelings. He nearly divorced his wife because she wouldn’t get on board with the language the movement uses. It’s so toxic and manipulative.
I get why cults have appeal and why Niomi isn’t freaked out. She feels good in the moment but later on it’s really going to hurt her.
It’s crazy that Instagram inspired this devotion to aesthetics and “self improvement” in a way that’s biblical in spirit & proportions. Like this feels insanely pagan (“one who has little or no religion and who delights in sensual pleasures and material goods : an irreligious or hedonistic person.”)
I know believing in God is extremely personal and controversial nowadays but crossing God just never seemed like a smart risk to take. I’ve operated under the notion that one day I’ll have to answer for myself and there needs to be good reasons where I fall short. These festivals are exactly the sort of thing that pissed off God in the Bible.
OK don't hate me but I got her "eat smart" cookbook, it was like a $1.50 used and finally arrived. Super curious about the recipes, she also mentions Marcus in the acknowledgments at the end haha.
🤣 make sure to tap excess cocoa off the bon bon / truffle recipe!!

Reactions: 6
Idk if I'm being too ~ armchair psychologist or reading too much into things here but I feel like she looked okay after the break up because it was so fresh she thought in time she really would be over it. Now, I feel like she's given up ever feeling okay about it. She looks depressed constantly and flitting from one loser to another. When she posted Vienna by Billy Joel recently and said she related to it, she didn't mean it this way, but I was thinking there's that part 'you can get what you want or you can just get old'. And I kind of get the feeling she's internalised the idea that she will never get over Joe now, so she can either just get old on her own, or she can find whatever loser will have her to settle down with and have the kids and Mummy lifestyle that she wants. I do really wish for her sake she would seek therapy and just accept being single until she's in a better place. I don't think any relationship will last with this foundation either.
Aww..My step dad owns a music store where they sell and repair mostly woodwinds and Billy Joel came by last month to play the piano there and hang out, very nice guy they said. I've chatted with his ex wife Katie Lee on Instagram a bit over the years too, she's a cook and she's often replying to DM's about recipes.

Sorry that was super random!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
When did she say that she didnt think that the proposal was romantic? I remember that I read that somewhere
She said it on a podcast. It may have been Caggie's Saturn Return or the Millenial Love podcast - I'm not 100% sure. She has talked about Joey on a lot of podcasts!

• Sick
Reactions: 9
I'm embarrassed to say that I actually used to make smoothies from her book all the time 🙈 They helped me put on weight after I went through a bad breakup because it was all I could stomach.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm embarrassed to say that I actually used to make smoothies from her book all the time 🙈 They helped me put on weight after I went through a bad breakup because it was all I could stomach.
Aww well I'm glad that you got some good use out of it and sorry to hear that <3 I love collecting cookbooks and figured that money spend on a book is never money wasted.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I did the sundried tomato muffins not too long ago, altered the recipe some, but they were nice. But I remember finding that always to be the case for me, I needed to make alterations or everything would be bland. But that might just be my taste preferences.

I just saw that the book is actually available on Scribd if anyone has a subscription and is tempted to take a look.

Reactions: 10
I did the sundried tomato muffins not too long ago, altered the recipe some, but they were nice. But I remember finding that always to be the case for me, I needed to make alterations or everything would be bland. But that might just be my taste preferences.

I just saw that the book is actually available on Scribd if anyone has a subscription and is tempted to take a look.
No way, I have Scribd but didn't realize they had cookbooks, thank you! Listening to an audiobook on there now haha, thank you for letting me know!
I often have to adjust things too I like salt but some recipes can really be a little bland. Those muffins sound very interesting! It's funny watching Niomi's old videos where she's like "I love to cook" and now she doesn't do it anymore.

1657321802414.png

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve been thinking along the same lines. In the early weeks after the break up, despite being devastated she could cling on the the hope/fantasy of meeting someone new. She met Joe within a year of breaking up with Marcus and took great pleasure in showing him off. She thought “ok, that was a tit thing to go through, but hey what an upgrade!”
So I would bet that following the Joey break up she thought, “it’s ok next year the universe will send me someone even better!”
Sadly for Nims the universe missed the memo second time around and instead she spiralled into oblivion and a Balinese commune/weird orgy cult.

And don’t feel embarrassed about using her recipes and cook book. Her cooking content was one of the things that started my interest in her. I used to really admire her and think, wow this woman is a natural, she makes healthy eating and cooking look so effortless and easy, she’s so pulled together and I aspire to that!!
I still aspire to have a better diet and be better in the kitchen, but not so much to be like Niomi.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
i bought it almost full price I think - tell me whhyyyyy - made the carrot cake porridge asap and it was terrible
fed it to others who agreed it reeeked
i went exactly by the book
she used nutmeg, ginger powder and cinnamon
but aaa it was so so so bad
not even a hungry dog would eat it

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
No way, I have Scribd but didn't realize they had cookbooks, thank you! Listening to an audiobook on there now haha, thank you for letting me know!
I often have to adjust things too I like salt but some recipes can really be a little bland. Those muffins sound very interesting! It's funny watching Niomi's old videos where she's like "I love to cook" and now she doesn't do it anymore.

View attachment 1403068
Very welcome! Scribd is such a joy in my life haha.

Niomi has fully shed the personality she had with Joe. She doesn't cook, isn't vegan, isn't into sustainability, isn't prim and proper, isn't family oriented, isn't dressy, isn't brunette, etc.

Reactions: 21
I’ve been thinking along the same lines. In the early weeks after the break up, despite being devastated she could cling on the the hope/fantasy of meeting someone new. She met Joe within a year of breaking up with Marcus and took great pleasure in showing him off. She thought “ok, that was a tit thing to go through, but hey what an upgrade!”
So I would bet that following the Joey break up she thought, “it’s ok next year the universe will send me someone even better!”
Sadly for Nims the universe missed the memo second time around and instead she spiralled into oblivion and a Balinese commune/weird orgy cult.

And don’t feel embarrassed about using her recipes and cook book. Her cooking content was one of the things that started my interest in her. I used to really admire her and think, wow this woman is a natural, she makes healthy eating and cooking look so effortless and easy, she’s so pulled together and I aspire to that!!
I still aspire to have a better diet and be better in the kitchen, but not so much to be like Niomi.
you guys make really excellent points, I didnt even think of it that way. She'll probably spend the rest of her life convincing herself that she's happy with where she's at in life, when in reality shes going to be miserable for a long long time. I also think its rather pathetic that the breakup became such a defining part of her personality. I know a broken engagement is horrible, but it just goes to show that she used that relationship to define her entire sense of self. She was (is) no one without him. I know people who've gone through horrible breakups too but they come out the other end better because they had careers they were proud of, friends who *actually* stood by them, and were able to maintain a sense of self that did not depend on being with the other person.

Reactions: 22
@Callan @QueenBW I’d love to discuss Scribd more in general - I’m stuck sometimes because I’ll pick something at random and the algorithm seems to learn from it? Would either of you want to do a thread in the Rave forum ?

Reactions: 2
@Callan @QueenBW I’d love to discuss Scribd more in general - I’m stuck sometimes because I’ll pick something at random and the algorithm seems to learn from it? Would either of you want to do a thread in the Rave forum ?
Oh I just type in there any book or audiobook to see if they have it before I purchase it and it seems to set the algorithm right.

Had no idea they had cookbooks, ah so happy!

Reactions: 3
Oh I just type in there any book or audiobook to see if they have it before I purchase it and it seems to set the algorithm right.

Had no idea they had cookbooks, ah so happy!
Yeah haha I’ve found cookbooks on there before. Very convenient! Did you download the free ConTV+ app that comes with? It’s all horror films. I think you’d 💙 it

ETA: I’ve run into problems with the algorithm. I read Planet Funny by Ken Jennings, which was good, but literally all of the recs started to come from just one genre.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Ahaha I think they held a manifestation session for her !

She really does not seem herself at all.If you look at her old videosits such a different vibe. I think she really needed therapy after Joe broke it off. I think she will now get into some mistakes that will hopefully open her eyes.

Yea I think she built het new version on a flawed foundation because she never fully healed. I think she will make big mistakes and falls flat on her face. To then finally seek therapy and realise she has to heal all over again and now for real.

I also think the Bali lifestyle in general is sooo cringe. Why are these people taking over another country’s island with all this tit. Its disrespectful and another form of white priviledge and colonialism. Like completely neglecting the local culture and overtaking it with your own culture … thats not adventure.. adventure is exploring a new culture and country not moving yours to a better climate.I haven’t seen her showing her the “real” Bali once, doesn’t even eat Balinese food. This lifestyle is also sooo unsustainable, flying around, eating non local foods. Also,as many backpackers, forget they are in a foreign country like wearing no helmet acting yolo. Most people realise they are in a foreign country when they end up in the hospital or get arrested.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.