Niomi Smart #45 Fourchette la baguette and Donkey in the shed, are they engaged yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't agree, he could have known her character all along and simply wasn't able to put up with it anymore. Maybe he still loved her in the end but knew that this wasn't the right relationship for both of them. He got to be with her 24/7 when the camera wasn't rolling and knows stuff we don't. Also you can be engaged for years and still can change your mind. It's not a jail sentence, people shouldn't be forced to be together.

I think it's better to break up than get married knowing you're not happy. It's tough to face your fears and questions about your relationship when something is off. Nims herself said that she would have married him regardless of the issues. And we know it wouldn't last so at least he saved them both a messy divorce.
Of course, I agree with this, you can change your mind or fall out of love even after 10, 20, 30 years of being together. And it’s true that at least he spared her the divorce. I don’t know what rubs me the wrong way about him, after all, countless engagements have been broken off before and there’s no shame in that.

Maybe it’s what @QueenBW said about him being just as shallow as Dimbobs because after all he fell for and stayed with her for a while and given who he dated immediately after the break up. That’s why I don’t view him as dreamy either, but rather passive and bland. Who knows though, he may have been more communicative off-camera and Niomi was simply unable to take any criticism or talk about relationship issues since everything has to be paahfect at all times.

Reactions: 21
Of course, I agree with this, you can change your mind or fall out of love even after 10, 20, 30 years of being together. And it’s true that at least he spared her the divorce. I don’t know what rubs me the wrong way about him, after all, countless engagements have been broken off before and there’s no shame in that.

Maybe it’s what @QueenBW said about him being just as shallow as Dimbobs because after all he fell for and stayed with her for a while and given who he dated immediately after the break up. That’s why I don’t view him as dreamy either, but rather passive and bland. Who knows though, he may have been more communicative off-camera and Niomi was simply unable to take any criticism or talk about relationship issues since everything has to be paahfect at all times.
Hope I didn't sound harsh, sorry! But hey, he made her bed every morning and packed her bags and build her furniture, he was almost more of a parent in the relationship lol. I still feel like I know very little about him, he seems decent but we only have small bits of info. Nimbobs can bend reality better than Picasso, who knows what really goes on :p

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Hope I didn't sound harsh, sorry! But hey, he made her bed every morning and packed her bags and build her furniture, he was almost more of a parent in the relationship lol. I still feel like I know very little about him, he seems decent but we only have small bits of info. Nimbobs can bend reality better than Picasso, who knows what really goes on :p
Oh not at all, no worries! I realized my initial comment sounded as though once you’re engaged, you’re bound to be together forever 😄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
he may have been more communicative off-camera and Niomi was simply unable to take any criticism or talk about relationship issues since everything has to be paahfect at all times.
I feel like this photo perfectly captures what you just said lol
Screenshot_20220705-224910_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
^ Joe made a good prop, it's always about her. I always joked that Joey looked like a deer caught in headlights, but sheesh..

1657143790470.png

Also poor deer :(

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Confession: laid up with and injury so spent the evening down a YT rabbit hole and ended up watching a couple of Niomi’s Vlogmas videos from 2018. (I’m not proud of this…)
But the first I watched was one where Joey was coming back from a business trip and due home at lunchtime. Nims had a photoshoot in the morning and planned to spend the rest of the day with him. But then he phoned saying he had to work. I actually felt a little sorry for because she said she’s organised for the photoshoot to be in the morning and have the rest of the day free to welcome him home. She also called in to the shops on her way back to buy in his favourite foods. Then she cooked dinner for them both, but he was still at work and she ended up eating alone.
The next video he was out the door at 6am after getting back late the night before and she seemed really upset as she’d barely seen him. She then explained that they’d been invited to go ice skating and for dinner after - but Joe had to work. She ended the video by saying she was just going to have an early night. Judging by her face she’d clearly been sobbing. And I felt for her! If my bf had been away for weeks on business, and then spent the first 48 hours he was back at work when I’d prioritised to spend time with him, not gonna lie, I’d be really upset too.
But then came the next video: a festive family fun day, and oh my life I’ve never seen anyone work so hard at having fun!! It was awkward AF to watch - all was clearly not well between them but she was forcing the perfect family thing so hard. SO HARD.
You could see even then that those two were not meant to be.

Also… Forky, f*ck off with the Q&As. They were comical at first but now you’re just flogging a dead horse. Time to stop.

Reactions: 32
She probably wrote these messages herself. The one sent from Moorpak makes me think of the time Niomi bragged about having followers from all over the world, but particularly being in direct contact with some Ukrainians. An umpteenth lie, but still.

No wonder she looks more and more dreadful: everything she does is so wrong.

What does it even mean?

View attachment 1397391

He keeps saying that settling is a constraint that stops people from having fun, when it has absolutely nothing to do with that.

gorgeous family
enjoying being carefree

So, according to him, his future family has to be at least Instagrammable, since settling seems to cause trouble.

Talk about intelligence 🤦🏻‍♀️ same level as Niomi’s jokes.
No point valuing intelligence if it's not exactly something that you can bring to the table :ROFLMAO: I know I'm being harsh but he asked for it, constantly asking himself questions like a weirdo.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Confession: laid up with and injury so spent the evening down a YT rabbit hole and ended up watching a couple of Niomi’s Vlogmas videos from 2018. (I’m not proud of this…)
But the first I watched was one where Joey was coming back from a business trip and due home at lunchtime. Nims had a photoshoot in the morning and planned to spend the rest of the day with him. But then he phoned saying he had to work. I actually felt a little sorry for because she said she’s organised for the photoshoot to be in the morning and have the rest of the day free to welcome him home. She also called in to the shops on her way back to buy in his favourite foods. Then she cooked dinner for them both, but he was still at work and she ended up eating alone.
The next video he was out the door at 6am after getting back late the night before and she seemed really upset as she’d barely seen him. She then explained that they’d been invited to go ice skating and for dinner after - but Joe had to work. She ended the video by saying she was just going to have an early night. Judging by her face she’d clearly been sobbing. And I felt for her! If my bf had been away for weeks on business, and then spent the first 48 hours he was back at work when I’d prioritised to spend time with him, not gonna lie, I’d be really upset too.
But then came the next video: a festive family fun day, and oh my life I’ve never seen anyone work so hard at having fun!! It was awkward AF to watch - all was clearly not well between them but she was forcing the perfect family thing so hard. SO HARD.

Also… Forky, f*ck off with the Q&As. They were comical at first but now you’re just flogging a dead horse. Time to stop.
Yep, I remember that vlog well. I felt sorry for her too. She couldn't comprehend that his job might come before her. It was telling in terms of how they both felt about the relationship. I often wonder why she published that vlog; was it to punish him?

Reactions: 19
I often wonder why she published that vlog; was it to punish him?
I thought this too, very odd to put something so personal out there like that. Maybe to get sympathy or prove a point that she was justified in her reaction/being upset?

I only started following her in late 2019 so hadn’t seen much of their relationship prior to engagement/India/covid. It’s only now I’m delving back, it’s like watching the early series of a boxset 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She looks rough 😮
'Bali wasn't welcoming me back in the same way' - what did she expect??? Bali being the place where her hopes and dreams come true is something that she's made up in her head, and losing luggage is just part of flying especially now given the utter chaos across all major airports. Shut up and stop complaining.

Reactions: 15
I dont remember who (My bad!) had said a few pages earlier that being back in Bali wasnt going to feel the same for her. That the first trip always feels wonderful and magical but once youre there long enough, the novelty of it wears off. Im like 150% sure that's whats starting to happen to her, but she's so desperate to portray this perfect, carefree, island girl life that she'll never let on that she's actually miserable there. If she did, she would have to admit to yet another decision of hers amounting to failure.

Reactions: 32
I dont remember who (My bad!) had said a few pages earlier that being back in Bali wasnt going to feel the same for her. That the first trip always feels wonderful and magical but once youre there long enough, the novelty of it wears off. Im like 150% sure that's whats starting to happen to her, but she's so desperate to portray this perfect, carefree, island girl life that she'll never let on that she's actually miserable there. If she did, she would have to admit to yet another decision of hers amounting to failure.
The first trip is always magical, people are welcoming and want to show you the island and spend time with the newbie. But now she is no newbie anymore and Sophiedear is also leaving to London. I thought that she went for Sophie to be with her on the island and do yoga with her. If she wont give her attention she will seek attention from Lordon and he will get fed up with her because she is clingy.

Reactions: 19

Could you share the link to this video? I can't remember that part at all.

Reactions: 2
The first trip is always magical, people are welcoming and want to show you the island and spend time with the newbie. But now she is no newbie anymore and Sophiedear is also leaving to London. I thought that she went for Sophie to be with her on the island and do yoga with her. If she wont give her attention she will seek attention from Lordon and he will get fed up with her because she is clingy.
I found it really strange that sophie is leaving right as Niomi got back. I wonder if they had communicated at all before Niomi returned cuz she was one of the few friends that Niomi had there for sure.

Reactions: 6
Wasn’t Vlogmas 2018 when he did the gift hamper and we all thought he was going to come home from India to propose? She thought so too and I think that added to her disappointment. Instead it was a year later and possibly out of a sense of obligation due to moving. A let down for us all!

One thing I will say is I never realized how isolated she was while she was with Joe. Sure, she’d go on the odd press trip or to workout classes, but she really spent so much of the relationship alone, pretending to be busy with “emails” and killing time until he was finished work. That’s not to say that these friendships she has now aren’t superficial, because they definitely are. But she never even really pretended to make an effort beforehand with any of these girls. I get why she was so obsessed with Joe - she made the idea of him the centre of her universe and she had nothing else going on. Her content revolved around showing him off. Life with Joe became part of her brand. I admittedly bought into it a bit too. I was initially very sympathetic to her after the breakup until she showed her true colours. Her instagram was a much more pleasant place during the Dreamy Joe era than it is right now though that’s for sure. Maybe he liked that she was so into him at first but I can also imagine he found it all a bit much.

Reactions: 44
Not the cyclops look again. Also the caption showing she has oh so many followers from all over the world. What an amazing content creator.

060EBB0C-309A-4023-B4C6-57338375A815.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
She doesn’t look relaxed to me, more constipated actually.. and so angry.

View attachment 1396831

All these selfies have been taken this year, but she doesn’t even look the same than a few months ago.
She really lost herself, you can see that in her eyes. They do not sparkle. Funny when I moved to south east Asia for a boy I was the same. I was following my ego not my heart and los the spark too.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.