Niomi Smart #38 My bum is out, my trip was free, why's everyone so mean to me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow 😂
They're both ignorant and gross and deserve each other.
Praying they fade into obscurity already (along with 99% of other influencers lol).

p.s. love the thread title and recap đŸ€­

• Heart
Reactions: 32
IG can request providing an ID before validating your account (I believe Facebook has this protocol in place already), but as far as "joining the Internet" goes, it's almost impossible to regulate with the existence of public Wifi, VPNs and other various technicalities. Your broadband provider sure requests your ID when setting up your contract.

No one on this thread (or on Niomi's IG) supports bullying. As far as I can see, the comments left on her IG are not vile comments meant to shame her (as compared to the usual "you're ugly", "you're fat" etc that you can see all over IG / Twitter). The criticism I saw on her IG was quite polite and simply illustrated opinions in a civilized manner. No one called her names or insulted her. She is acting as though people are bullying her mercilessly, but it is simply not the case. When you release a song, a movie, a book, a product, you receive good and bad reviews publicly. It's part of working in a client facing business (because yes, she works in a client facing business given she has a sales / promotion function on behalf of all the brands she represents). She simply has unrealistic expectations.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
A more valuable addition to the internet would be an Ofcom hotline to voice complaints. Hiding food from her ex and broadcasting the flubs and faux pas of her current boyfriend, no matter how kind Niomi thinks she is, is worrisome.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Lol those commenters are part of the people who constantly make those petitions asking for it to be mandatory to need ID for social media. (Same breed who probably do petitions to shut down tattle lol)

Not only is lack of anonymity not going to stop bullying (not that nims is being bullied in this case lol) but IDs also come from a place of privilege and as with everything those at risk or who are marginalised would suffer. Victims of abuse, those who are LGBTQ, non white people, people who do sex work etc. We all have the right to anonymity. And it's not like we can trust the likes of mark zuckerberg with our personal data anyway.

(In a broader sense outside of niomi/influencers having tantrums over anything not kissing their arses, yes bullying, trolling, death threats, racism, sexism, hate speech etc all need to be addressed. But this wouldn't be a magic solution...)

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The majority of influencers, Nims included, in a weird way made themselves the product/service to be ‘consumed’ by the followers/customers.

So I find it absolutely normal for the ‘customers’ to leave both positive and negative comments.

It’s like buying any product online. You’ll see all kinds of reviews. But never does a company go up in arms when they see a bunch of 1 star/bad reviews (like ‘omg I feel bullied and shamed because no one likes my vacuums’ or something đŸ€Ș)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
The majority of influencers, Nims included, in a weird way made themselves the product/service to be ‘consumed’ by the followers/customers.

So I find it absolutely normal for the ‘customers’ to leave both positive and negative comments.

It’s like buying any product online. You’ll see all kinds of reviews. But never does a company go up in arms when they see a bunch of 1 star/bad reviews (like ‘omg I feel bullied and shamed because no one likes my vacuums’ or something đŸ€Ș)
At this rate, she'll soon start promoting vacuums if her followers start losing interest and drop like flies.

From Dior to Dyson lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I can't imagine Joe having a serious conversation with her if this is how she handles anything that's not praise.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Reading the comments on the post shows people are still calling her out.

It’s so insane to be a female influencer and say “would a man have this happening to him?”, probably not because a man probably wouldn’t have made it. It’s an industry built on the backs of successful women, most famous and successful influencers are women, she comes from a group of YouTubers where Zoella had more followers than all the men in the group put together.

It infuriates me so much when people use gender, race and sexuality as a means to ignore valid criticism because it invalidates the actual struggles faced by those groups and makes it difficult to get people on side that don’t think they have struggles. Imagine trying to convince someone that women still have it rough because this white, attractive millionaire was sent on a free holiday with her rich boyfriend and got some bad comments questioning her morals and ethics.

Last edited:
Reactions: 50
Reading the comments on the post shows people are still calling her out.

It’s so insane to be a female influencer and say “would a man have this happening to him?”, probably not because a man probably wouldn’t have made it. It’s an industry built on the backs of successful women, most famous and successful influencers are women, she comes from a group of YouTubers where Zoella had more followers than all the men in the group put together.

It infuriates me so much when people use gender, race and sexuality as a means to ignore valid criticism because it invalidates the actual struggles faced by those groups and makes it difficult to get people on side that don’t think they have struggles. Imagine trying to convince someone that women still have it rough because this white, attractive millionaire was sent on a free holiday with her rich boyfriend and got some bad comments questioning her morals and ethics.
Niomi the feminist.
"Why aren't men getting hate too?"

lol... gosh she's exhausting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I wish I took stock of her followers before and after that this “poor me I work soo hard as an influencer and women don’t support women anymore” post
 I feel like she’s lost a lot lately but especially after that one.

Reactions: 13
forky’s 3 go-tos in an argument:
- wow
- you have a problem
- you need help

sensational

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
forky’s 3 go-tos in an argument:
- wow
- you have a problem
- you need help

sensational
I don't even feel that he truly cares about her, he's enamored with her booty and her followers... any Nims criticism is a dig at his accomplishment of finally being with her so that he can get up on another step of some narcissistic ladder he's on. It's all an ego trip. How dare people critique his current catch lol, it's a dig at him! He calls her a machine all the time, not a kindred soul he bonds with..... He's a personal trainer that can't string a sentence together and his advice sounds like a drunk text send at 3am, he's not Gandhi, Jesus or Mozart, he's not changing the world. He's a parasite with a big mouth and sadly really bad influence on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I wonder if she really is that thin-skinned that she can't handle any level of constructive criticism, or if she's hurt by these criticisms because on some level she knows they're true.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
When you try so hard to be good and do good, you also accept the fact that not everyone will fully agree with you. It’s not about doing whatever you want and expecting people to follow on your terms.

Everyone is allowed to do mistakes, but when you screwed up, you should feel lucky to be advised by followers who care enough to tell you what’s wrong. And when they take time to make constructive criticisms and feedbacks, the least you can do is considering them as an opportunity to improve and do better, instead of whining and feeling attacked by those who contradict you.

1645335863290.png

1645335871139.png

• Heart
Reactions: 77
I’m so tired of spoiled influencers crying “anti-feminism” whenever anyone offers valid criticism in a comment. Feminism has nothing to do with blindly following those who share your genitalia.

Feminism is about one thing and one thing only — equal rights for men and women. It’s really not any deeper than that.

Same as we think Bradley is a total embarrassment we’re also able to equally think Niomi is one too. 👍

Can you imagine if those of us who live in the real world and work real jobs cried out that someone was “anti-feminist” because they didn’t like a presentation or report we did đŸ€ŁđŸ˜‚ The many women who paved the way for us to have equal rights weren’t fighting so hard for our comment sections to be all butterflies and brown nosing.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I hope she reads all the comments calling out her bullshit post, because to my surprise there were quite a few. Even long time followers are disappointed and can’t connect to her and her content anymore. She thinks she’s entitled to constant praise, no matter what she does. Sorry Niomi, that’s not how this works.

Also, I hate it when fanatically loyal fans tell people to just quietly unfollow and shut up “if you have nothing nice to say” - newsflash, IG is a public platform, people can and will express their opinions, especially when it’s about a person they thought they knew and liked. None of the comments she received was actually malicious - that’s such a strong word. I’m sure a lot of people did unfollow, but not before expressing their disappointment in her, which they are absolutely entitled to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I’m happy I’ve taken a step back from the threads and only pop in now and again. She has become desperately unlikeable, very quickly.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.