Niomi Smart #35 if this is the year Forky will propose, Nimbobs will say yes in the flamingo pose

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She can afford a lot of things, and these brands are legit saying they have NO money to spare and instead spend it on people like Niomi who don't need it and most likely don't even eat the food, and people are aware of that, now some will probably not buy this brand because she's now attached to it.
Do you really think any brand cares if the influencer eats the food? Of course they don’t.

Reactions: 11
Do you really think any brand cares if the influencer eats the food? Of course they don’t.
Well this brand did reply to another poster with " food waste is completely unsustainable and we would not want to encourage waste or sending products that would not be used. " so I hope that some do.

Reactions: 15
I have messaged Nush Foods on Instagram.

I am going to be sending this message to companies when I see that they have gifted influencers free food.

To be honest it bothers me so much when influencers get free food because there are people literally starving in this country. If I was in Niomi's position I would calculate the cost of the food that I have received, then double the value and donate it to a food bank.
Ultimately it's about profit for them so they're looking for maximal exposure, it's really depressing. The thing is, I don't even think she has that big of a reach. Most people are likely to scroll on without a second thought.
Anyway even though I strongly disagree with brands gifting influencers, I can KIND of get why they would want to because they do need to make a profit to survive, so I think it's on her to send the items onwards to foodbanks. She often gets multiple items and can easily do a review then donate the rest as a compromise. She's just a selfish human being 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 14
Does anyone know how this stuff works like does Niomi/Gleam have to approve items to come in? How are they getting her address if not, is it published somewhere? I have no idea. There are times she’s been extremely greedy like when she gets sent a tonne of plant milk for example, she could accept one to try and donate the rest. I think it’s a bit of both. I’d love to know if the impact of influencers showing products can be measured tbh, I actively avoid a lot of brands that give stuff to them free.

Reactions: 14
Does anyone know how this stuff works like does Niomi/Gleam have to approve items to come in? How are they getting her address if not, is it published somewhere? I have no idea. There are times she’s been extremely greedy like when she gets sent a tonne of plant milk for example, she could accept one to try and donate the rest. I think it’s a bit of both. I’d love to know if the impact of influencers showing products can be measured tbh, I actively avoid a lot of brands that give stuff to them free.
Yeah I remember her hoarding those free cartons of plant milk, the level of greed is simply shocking. Like you spent almost £800k on a shed, don't be such a bleep!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
A lot of stuff is probably sent unsolicited to a P.O. box c/o Gleam. She'll be on a tonne of PR mailing lists too. I would think for stuff like fresh foods she would have to pre-approve them but not 100% sure on that.

Reactions: 10
Yeah I remember her hoarding those free cartons of plant milk, the level of greed is simply shocking. Like you spent almost £800k on a shed, don't be such a bleep!
I remember both Niomi and Estee Lalonde getting cases of the Rude health milks, I was like what the hell is going on...

Reactions: 11
I remember years ago they each had a specific bin filled with things that was sent to them at the Gleam office and they would go there to see what they got.
They would have tons of stuff and unbox everything in the office. I would always feel bad for the office people looking on. I prolly would have given them so much of my loot but Niomi and I also remember Jim and Tanya bringing everything back with them. I never understood this. You get so much....it's not hard to be a decent person and share with others.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Same! It would be such an interesting research! You would have to survey all the people who have seen Niomi's post/content. In this case it's difficult to measure, but when they have those coupon codes for %off your purchase they can see how much impact and reach an influencer has.
I'm super curious if she influences people to buy these products. Honestly I don't think so. Especially with how little effort she puts into her content.

Reactions: 7
I remember years ago they each had a specific bin filled with things that was sent to them at the Gleam office and they would go there to see what they got.
They would have tons of stuff and unbox everything in the office. I would always feel bad for the office people looking on. I prolly would have given them so much of my loot but Niomi and I also remember Jim and Tanya bringing everything back with them. I never understood this. You get so much....it's not hard to be a decent person and share with others.
Yeah I remember that when they were vlogging in the office. It made me feel uncomfortable with all the display of consumerism at its finest. The worst was zoella with tit ton of things at her house . Why do you need so much stuff? even if she was donating some she still had a room full of pr stuff.
They all got lazy over the years of such privileges. I hate as well that they are calling places to get free stuff just because they are iNfLuEnCeRs and can tagg the hotel, cake, spa or whatever. They could support small business for free or do giveaways ...but it means commitment and work. Why bother, better just keep on taking.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I would respect Niomi is she wanted to help small brands on her own, she can go to the store and film herself buying 3 of their products and paying for them herself and not make it an ad. That would be considered charitable of her, research what the brands are and take those small brands that need help and help them, instead of pocketing the few pennies they have to spare on a gift for her.
Can you imagine Niomi researching a company and doing actual work? 🤭 I literally can't. :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Forky's done another podcast if anyone wants to listen and report back. It's 'The moments that made me' - I think Nims has also been on this podcast in the past.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.