Niomi Smart #35 if this is the year Forky will propose, Nimbobs will say yes in the flamingo pose

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She gets gifted so much food and I really do hope that if she doesn't eat the products they get donated to a food bank. I don't understand why companies gift food to influencers who can easily afford them when there are so many food banks up and down the UK that don't have enough food to give out.

I am trying Veganuary this year (I only eat chicken but around 4 to 5 times per week) and haven't purchased any of the brands that I have seen influencers promote! Then again I have bought a lot of stuff from the supermarket plant based ranges and I really don't think Niomi will be posting about Aldi or Morrisons any time soon.

Most of the products she has posted are unaffordable (I think?) - £3 for a 300g yoghurt tub!
I love this comment so much! Do you think it would be worth it to email this brand to make them aware? It's indeed true that she gets gifted so much food and with how little she is (eating) at home, I really don't think she eats any or most of it. Maybe a little bit. I really hope she gives the rest away, but she only sees forky on a regular and I don't think he wants to be her food trashcan every time he comes along and they don't seem to be spending time at her shed anyway. I'm sure she doesn't bring it to his place.
Honestly? I think she throws it all away. No way she can eat all that food she gets gifted.

I'm thinking of emailing them, but I'm not capable of finding her statistics atm. Who here emailed Wild deodorant back then or that dentist? I can't remember. Can that person give me her IG stats?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I love this comment so much! Do you think it would be worth it to email this brand to make them aware? It's indeed true that she gets gifted so much food and with how little she is (eating) at home, I really don't think she eats any or most of it. Maybe a little bit. I really hope she gives the rest away, but she only sees forky on a regular and I don't think he wants to be her food trashcan every time he comes along and they don't seem to be spending time at her shed anyway. I'm sure she doesn't bring it to his place.
Honestly? I think she throws it all away. No way she can eat all that food she gets gifted.

I'm thinking of emailing them, but I'm not capable of finding her statistics atm. Who here emailed Wild deodorant back then or that dentist? I can't remember. Can that person give me her IG stats?
I have messaged Nush Foods on Instagram.

I am going to be sending this message to companies when I see that they have gifted influencers free food.

To be honest it bothers me so much when influencers get free food because there are people literally starving in this country. If I was in Niomi's position I would calculate the cost of the food that I have received, then double the value and donate it to a food bank.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Little update from me, too. I emailed Nush Foods through their website! I told them that on one of her recent ADs she only got 40 comments, an engagement of only 0.0028% 😂 that's so pathetic!
I wonder if I will get a reply, I will let you know.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That’s insane! These influencers have been sent so many freebies for so long that they have never learned the value of money, like a certain influencer with silver hair who keeps buying luxury items as if her credit card was unlimited.
I hate hate this too. In current times it is even more disrespectful to give away items for free to privileged spoiled lazy people.

• Heart
I got a reply! I removed my own name and the person responding out of respect and privacy:

"Hope you’re well and having a good day so far?

I want to introduce myself…I am X and handle the marketing for Nush Foods.

Firstly, let me thank you for taking the time to explain your thoughts and feelings on the below and apologise for any offence caused here…as it was not my intention. As a small brand, we sadly don’t have the same budget as other companies in the industry and we allocate most of our monthly spend to creative influencer giftings and events as well as social competitions for our followers.

A lot of time and effort goes into these giftings that are sent to a range of individuals with an online presence (with no obligation to post or payment to receive). The people receiving range from micro influencers to larger influencers in the effort to increase brand exposure, brand awareness and create an authentic online community. Niomi has supported our brand in the past, and therefore I selected her to receive our Veganuary package last week which contained 1 x350g yog and two pots of cheese spreads with a 21 day shelf life only as I agree…food waste is completely unsustainable and we would not want to encourage waste or sending products that would not be used.

Throughout the pandemic we worked with NHS and key workers to send care packages to their departments and homes for them to enjoy. If there are any food banks you can recommend, I would love to look into this also?

I really hope you accept my apologies for any offence caused here as it truly was not my intention and know I have taken this feedback on board.

Many Thanks,"

What do you guys think? I am not from the UK myself. Who here is from the UK and can recommend me a good food bank? I will recommend it to them ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I got a reply! I removed my own name and the person responding out of respect and privacy:

"Hope you’re well and having a good day so far?

I want to introduce myself…I am X and handle the marketing for Nush Foods.

Firstly, let me thank you for taking the time to explain your thoughts and feelings on the below and apologise for any offence caused here…as it was not my intention. As a small brand, we sadly don’t have the same budget as other companies in the industry and we allocate most of our monthly spend to creative influencer giftings and events as well as social competitions for our followers.

A lot of time and effort goes into these giftings that are sent to a range of individuals with an online presence (with no obligation to post or payment to receive). The people receiving range from micro influencers to larger influencers in the effort to increase brand exposure, brand awareness and create an authentic online community. Niomi has supported our brand in the past, and therefore I selected her to receive our Veganuary package last week which contained 1 x350g yog and two pots of cheese spreads with a 21 day shelf life only as I agree…food waste is completely unsustainable and we would not want to encourage waste or sending products that would not be used.

Throughout the pandemic we worked with NHS and key workers to send care packages to their departments and homes for them to enjoy. If there are any food banks you can recommend, I would love to look into this also?

I really hope you accept my apologies for any offence caused here as it truly was not my intention and know I have taken this feedback on board.

Many Thanks,"

What do you guys think? I am not from the UK myself. Who here is from the UK and can recommend me a good food bank? I will recommend it to them ☺
The Trussell Trust?

Well done you! 🥰. I'd say that was a heartfelt and considered reply.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Check out Quasimodo with his codes, he's trying to capitalize on something he doesn't eat or believe in. I can't stand him. Also for an alpha male wanna be he has a voice of a child.

1643124472777.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
The Trussell Trust?

Thank you! I will email them! I think so! And so fast, too. I was shocked I already got a response so quickly.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The Trussell Trust?

Influencers are cheap marketing for small business who can’t afford TV, billboard etc. It seems to me that a lot of people posting here forget that.

Influencers are cheap marketing for small business who can’t afford TV, billboard etc. It seems to me that a lot of people posting here forget that.
Really? Who knew?🙄
Glad that oshare contacted them so something positive can happen 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's not that I'm against them using influencers, i'm against them using the wrong kind of influencers. There are many out there who could and would promote their brand a lot better, who align more with their ethics etc. Their response seemed good to me, so I really think they are taking it into consideration.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Got a response back so quickly on Instagram! Very impressed with their customer service.

I appreciate that small businesses have limited funds for marketing but so many foodbanks, hospices, charities, community centres etc. have social media. I follow the local ones in my area for updates / news and so many other people do the same.

I don’t think Niomi and other influencers like Amelia Liana and Inthefrow are effective at promoting stuff.

Niomi has just posted a picture on her story which is going to disappear in 24 hours - how many people are going to view that? She hasn't shown us the yoghurt or a recipe in which it is used and she definitely isn't going to specifically mention it again until she gets another gifted package. Other than a link to the Instagram page of Nush there is no other information provided such as which supermarkets stock it, nutritional information etc. From Niomi's post I think hardly 10 people will go and buy something from Nush.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It's not that I'm against them using influencers, i'm against them using the wrong kind of influencers. There are many out there who could and would promote their brand a lot better, who align more with their ethics etc. Their response seemed good to me, so I really think they are taking it into consideration.
I agree with you. I don't mind them using influencers but why are they using someone who has been very openly non-vegan?

She can afford a lot of things, and these brands are legit saying they have NO money to spare and instead spend it on people like Niomi who don't need it and most likely don't even eat the food, and people are aware of that, now some will probably not buy this brand because she's now attached to it.

Reactions: 15
I'll much rather buy a product to indirectly make a donation ("x proceeds go to x charity to support x!". Influencers like her shilling it actually makes me more keen to avoid that brand.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'll much rather buy a product to indirectly make a donation ("x proceeds go to x charity to support x!". Influencers like her shilling it actually makes me more keen to avoid that brand.
I would respect Niomi is she wanted to help small brands on her own, she can go to the store and film herself buying 3 of their products and paying for them herself and not make it an ad. That would be considered charitable of her, research what the brands are and take those small brands that need help and help them, instead of pocketing the few pennies they have to spare on a gift for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Funny to see her talk about her "Mumbai days" so fondly. I vaguely remember him from her vlogs. I think he was a photographer.

5308C755-7A29-4DEA-BAAE-2C6A3EE4540E.jpeg
9FF2B701-928C-4B1F-ACF0-F6926B51F8DE.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Why does he keep wearing HOODIES with a trench coat? :sick: I'm sorry, but that it the worst thing about him for me (worse than eating sushi with a fork), why does he have such horrible fashion sense? o_O Who wears a freaking trench coat (so classic and elegant when worn right) and pairs it with a hoodie or some sweatpants (who could forget his outfits from Paris?!)? I just can't get over this. 🥴
The sweat suits are probably by expensive brands, so he thinks they are great to wear as a fashion statement and status symbol. He obviously didn't grow up in a household where people had good taste and / or manners, or he just doesn't have the ability to see what is suitable on different occasions.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.