Niomi Smart #30 She's licherally almost thirty but still clueless, bitter and thirsty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed! I'm also remembering from her vlogs last year that she described coming home after being dumped and the first thing she did was fall into her step-father's arms and cry and he hugged her. Nearly every time she's moved house Paul has been there to drive her around and carry boxes. It's not like he's just her mum's partner, he's known her since she was a child and he's the father of her sister. They have a close relationship. His insta profile photo is of himself, Verity, DM and Niomi. Meanwhile, Grandpa Ian bankrolls the family and seems to spend more time with the Smarts than his own children. Him and Terrina took her on a beach holiday after she got dumped. She's had 29 years to process her Daddy issues and she's got a wonderfully supportive extended family. She's just a brat.
I don't agree with the last two sentences. It's not about "processing" daddy issues. Some issues are deeply rooted and they never really go away. You have to understand that despite all the love she gets from her stepdad, mother, sister, grandparents etc, she still had a void no one else can fill. Each parent has their own spot in one's heart and it cannot be replaced. She's been dealing and living with his rejection her entire life. It's not something you process and forget about. It's something you live with. Sure, you may need to work on related issues such as fear of abandonment or fear of rejection, but it's not something you're done with after X amount of years in therapy or love from other family members. Yes, a solid family unit can help her cope, but this an issue no one in her family can relate to because she's the only one experiencing it. It both destroyed and shaped her identity to the core. Whenever she sees her sister with her father, it must trigger certain feelings at times. If she had siblings from the same father and therefore all were in the same boat, maybe things would have been different, but imagine being the only child and your parent abandoning you, it's not something you get ever over.

I think it's unfair to call her a brat when the issue is far deeper than that.

On top of this, the failed engagement destroyed her dreams of the perfect family unit she's been dreaming of her entire life. Joey's rejection may mirrored her father's rejection on a subconscious level and that's why she is going downhill and sticking with Forky. She simply wants to feel worthy. It's her own self-worth that she subconsciously questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Childhood neglect or abuse can be a reason, but not an excuse, for being as selfish as she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don't agree with the last two sentences. It's not about "processing" daddy issues. Some issues are deeply rooted and they never really go away. You have to understand that despite all the love she gets from her stepdad, mother, sister, grandparents etc, she still had a void no one else can fill. Each parent has their own spot in one's heart and it cannot be replaced. She's been dealing and living with his rejection her entire life. It's not something you process and forget about. It's something you live with. Sure, you may need to work on related issues such as fear of abandonment or fear of rejection, but it's not something you're done with after X amount of years in therapy or love from other family members. Yes, a solid family unit can help her cope, but this an issue no one in her family can relate to because she's the only one experiencing it. It both destroyed and shaped her identity to the core. Whenever she sees her sister with her father, it must trigger certain feelings at times. If she had siblings from the same father and therefore all were in the same boat, maybe things would have been different, but imagine being the only child and your parent abandoning you, it's not something you get ever over.

On top of this, the failed engagement destroyed her dreams of the perfect family unit she's been dreaming of her entire life. Joey's rejection may mirrored her father's rejection on a subconscious level and that's why she is going downhill and sticking with Forky. She simply wants to feel worthy. It's her own self-worth that she subconsciously questions.
I didn't mean to brush off her abandonment issues as not a big deal. It's a big deal. I can understand the void she feels not having her biological father in her life. My point is that she doesn't make any effort to appreciate the people that ARE there and have made a real effort to show up for her time and time again. She's very lucky to have the family that she does have and she takes it for granted. And beyond that, she's been open about the fact that she's never seen a therapist to work out her issues. She's not made an effort to develop healthy coping mechanisms in regards to any of the things that have gone wrong in her life. It's all avoidance and denial and bratty behaviour. She skips out on family events, she calls Ian by his name in front of her Grandma despite knowing it bothers her, she goes on podcasts calling Joey toxic and shares instagram stories of song lyrics as a "duck you" to him. She's not someone who has taken her lot in life and made the best of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Can I just ask...are you an only child who was abandoned by her father at a very young age? I'm asking as someone who is (from what little we know) in the same boat as Niomi regarding her Father and upbringing.

Reactions: 1
Can I just ask...are you an only child who was abandoned by her father at a very young age? I'm asking as someone who is (from what little we know) in the same boat as Niomi regarding her Father and upbringing.
Not me directly, but one of my parent is in the same boat as Niomi and it had a huge impact on my upbringing (unfortunately).

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.