Niomi Smart #30 She's licherally almost thirty but still clueless, bitter and thirsty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
100% on this. She seems to have a good relationship with Paul but it seems like her came into her life when she was an older child/teenager. He isn’t her father and she is perfectly entitled to call him whatever she chooses.
Nor do I think her Grandma snoops be pulling her up on camera about how she chooses to refer to Ian.
Niomi said something on one of the podcasts about craving a conventional family while growing up. The way she said it sounded really sad & also very honest. I know the Paris thing etc provides material for laughs but behind it is an insecure girl who grew up without a dad and seems to have placed huge value on romantic relationships and being married who has been left heartbroken. I feel really sorry for her tbh. I think she is easy prey for the likes of this PT guy.
As someone who grew up without a Mum (she walked out) your analysis hit me hard 🙈

When you grow up in a family which isn’t conventional you realllly crave it as an adult. It wouldn’t surprise me if Niomi never really recovers from her broken engagement especially as it was so public.

Her new BF must be a rebound as he seems like such a 🔔🔚 especially in comparison to Joe, but maybe she’s panicking that she will never be loved again and so is throwing herself at the first mildly attractive guy to show an interest 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Lol she seems really proud of her sick voice. This loser definitely thinks it makes her sound soooo sexy! :LOL: If you "literally can't talk" why even try then? Reminds me of that episode in friends where Phoebe's sick and she tries to catch another cold just to keep her sexy singing voice :ROFLMAO:
She just travelled and is home with cold like symptoms ! Isn’t she supposed to isolate herself regardless of she is having covid or not as she is having cold symptoms ? Why is she roaming around ? What if she gives what she have (cold /flu or whatever) to someone else who is outside at the same time as she is because they are working or outside because of necessity !

Don’t come at me with freedom talk , the woman just came back from a paid retreat and a Paris trip , she has enough freedom and can sit at home for 2 days ffs!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
Look, I can’t stand Niomi, but this criticism isn’t very fair. She has a right to choose what she calls her mother and grandmother’s partners. I have a step mother a lot like Terina, who tried to force me to call her Mum (unsuccesfully) and routinely snapped at me for not calling her siblings “aunty” or “uncle”. Well, they weren’t my aunties or uncles and she wasn’t my mother. My Dad married her when I was a teenager. The fact that Terrina corrects Niomi there shows that she is more interested in keeping up with appearances about the perfect family in her head than acknowledging her grand-daughter’s feelings.
Except Niomi titled a vlog with Ian "Wine Tasting with my Grandpa". So, she clearly IS interested in keeping up appearances herself sometimes and doesn't mind calling him grandpa when it benefits her, and has no qualms accepting expensive gifts and trips at Ian's expense. Ian ultimately seems completely unbothered about what she calls him, but it bothers Terrina and she clearly does it in front of her to annoy her.

And sure, she can call them whatever she wants and have whatever kind of relationship she wants with them, but the fact remains she keeps choosing guys who just aren't that into her, let's be honest, over her friends and family and then is shocked when she's miserable.

Yeah, her bio dad abandoned her, sad stuff indeed, but she has these other men in her family who at least from what she's shown are there for her when she needs them and she's like "Family celebrations? Nah, pass, I'm gonna go fork Forky all over Paris and take ridiculous half naked photos instead."

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She just travelled and is home with cold like symptoms ! Isn’t she supposed to isolate herself regardless of she is having covid or not as she is having cold symptoms ? Why is she roaming around ?
That's just Niomi, doesn't surprise me at all. :rolleyes: She is so selfish and actually sells it as a quality character trait. o_O

Reactions: 12
Yeah, her bio dad abandoned her, sad stuff indeed, but she has these other men in her family who at least from what she's shown are there for her when she needs them and she's like "Family celebrations? Nah, pass, I'm gonna go fork Forky all over Paris and take ridiculous half naked photos instead."
I agree with this. I don't know my biological Dad, so similar boat to Niomi. I've grown up with other good male role models in my life who I am very grateful for. The way some people go on, you'd think she has no family at all! She has what is clearly a very loving and supportive family, and regardless of what she chooses to call or not call her stepdad and 'Grandpa Ian' she is not short of good male role models in her life. Frankly I can understand why it would bother Terrina if someone who treats Niomi like a granddaughter for all intents and purposes is 'Grandpa Ian' when it suits Niomi and 'Ian' when it doesn't.

• Heart
She just travelled and is home with cold like symptoms ! Isn’t she supposed to isolate herself regardless of she is having covid or not as she is having cold symptoms ? Why is she roaming around ? What if she gives what she have (cold /flu or whatever) to someone else who is outside at the same time as she is because they are working or outside because of necessity !

Don’t come at me with freedom talk , the woman just came back from a paid retreat and a Paris trip , she has enough freedom and can sit at home for 2 days ffs!
In her pea sized 'brosh brain' she wouldn't see any connection or cause for caution. 😜🤪

Reactions: 9
I agree with this. I don't know my biological Dad, so similar boat to Niomi. I've grown up with other good male role models in my life who I am very grateful for. The way some people go on, you'd think she has no family at all! She has what is clearly a very loving and supportive family, and regardless of what she chooses to call or not call her stepdad and 'Grandpa Ian' she is not short of good male role models in her life. Frankly I can understand why it would bother Terrina if someone who treats Niomi like a granddaughter for all intents and purposes is 'Grandpa Ian' when it suits Niomi and 'Ian' when it doesn't.
Agreed! I'm also remembering from her vlogs last year that she described coming home after being dumped and the first thing she did was fall into her step-father's arms and cry and he hugged her. Nearly every time she's moved house Paul has been there to drive her around and carry boxes. It's not like he's just her mum's partner, he's known her since she was a child and he's the father of her sister. They have a close relationship. His insta profile photo is of himself, Verity, DM and Niomi. Meanwhile, Grandpa Ian bankrolls the family and seems to spend more time with the Smarts than his own children. Him and Terrina took her on a beach holiday after she got dumped. She's had 29 years to process her Daddy issues and she's got a wonderfully supportive extended family. She's just a brat.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Agreed! I'm also remembering from her vlogs last year that she described coming home after being dumped and the first thing she did was fall into her step-father's arms and cry and he hugged her. Nearly every time she's moved house Paul has been there to drive her around and carry boxes. It's not like he's just her mum's partner, he's known her since she was a child and he's the father of her sister. They have a close relationship. His insta profile photo is of himself, Verity, DM and Niomi. Meanwhile, Grandpa Ian bankrolls the family and seems to spend more time with the Smarts than his own children. She's had 29 years to process her Daddy issues and she's got a wonderfully supportive extended family. She's just a brat.
Exactly. Honestly, I can't put into words how ungrateful I feel she is for other people around her. The one thing I feel really strongly about from not knowing my biological father is that people committing themselves to you - and by choice, because they don't have to if you're not related - is more important than a blood tie. If she values Paul and Ian less because they're not 'her family' by blood then she has the mindset of a literal child and needs to grow up. She is so lucky to have those relationships in her life. Also, she has more than enough money to get therapy if she's affected by not knowing her biological Dad. With this kind of thing it gets to a point where people who refuse to help themselves when they have the means to do so become partly responsible in whatever effect it has on them.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Where did you all get the feeling she valued her stepdad less? This convo is interesting, and I got the part about Granny Facelift's husband, but I just missed the part about her stepdad. I too don't think it's an issue at all that she calls him her stepdad, that's who he is, and he seems like a particularly good one too.
As for the downgrade comment, the only reason I don't think it's mean is that this guy is not "only" a downgrade in the subjective terms of Joe being more good looking, classier, from a more elegant family (Niomi's criteria, clearly), but in the still mind-boggling terms of him being a Trump supporting, covid-denying (or at least maskless and disrespectful of protecting others) fascist. Let's not forget he was Fascist Forky before being Dick von Forky! And yes, the commenter is perhaps not a tattler, but 1/ he gives those vibes and 2/ a quick look at his Twitter for a curious person, invested enough to leave a comment like that, is easy.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Sounds like laryngitis rather than a cold, from experience it sounds more dramatic than it makes you feel and I'm not remotely surprised that she's enjoying drawing attention to it.

Reactions: 6
Does she seriously think London is the only place on earth where one can find vegan cafes / food? She's acting as though it is an extraordinary thing to find a "vegan" bakery in Paris. France is known for its gastronomy in case she did not realize (and not only frog legs and snails). London is not the center of the world (as great as London is). She came across as incredibly ignorant during this trip. Forky's lack of brains is obviously contagious. You are who you surround yourself with after all. While I'm not the most patriotic individual (I'm not at all actually) and don't live in France anymore, as a French-born person, I find her Paris shenanigans distasteful and she's almost making a mockery out of the culture with all these clichés! Dior and Longchamp must be underwhelmed.
OT but I'm also French and also haven't lived there in a while, and also dislike Niomi, so we should be friends!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She has been plant based for about five years and used to build her life around finding vegan options for everything, so why is it suddenly hard to believe people sell vegan baked goods? This woman is such a moron. I wonder what she is going to eat at her family's house this Christmas. I remember she used to make her own vegan roast and trimmings. This year, after all the animal products she has eaten, I expect her to eat whatever her mom serves. Anything else would be rude.

Reactions: 14
Where did you all get the feeling she valued her stepdad less? This convo is interesting, and I got the part about Granny Facelift's husband, but I just missed the part about her stepdad. I too don't think it's an issue at all that she calls him her stepdad, that's who he is, and he seems like a particularly good one too.
As for the downgrade comment, the only reason I don't think it's mean is that this guy is not "only" a downgrade in the subjective terms of Joe being more good looking, classier, from a more elegant family (Niomi's criteria, clearly), but in the still mind-boggling terms of him being a Trump supporting, covid-denying (or at least maskless and disrespectful of protecting others) fascist. Let's not forget he was Fascist Forky before being Dick von Forky! And yes, the commenter is perhaps not a tattler, but 1/ he gives those vibes and 2/ a quick look at his Twitter for a curious person, invested enough to leave a comment like that, is easy.
I don't know if she values him less as much as she doesn't seem to value any of the people who are actually there for her.

The bit with "grandpa Ian" vs "Ian" is just meant to showcase how she likes to separate herself from the "not biological" members of her family. It's like she can't stand someone running into one of her vlogs and thinking he's her grandpa sometimes, but then she goes and uses grandpa as a title. She's odd. And missing his birthday when he doesn't always live in the UK so it's probably unusual to have him be in the UK for his birthday, to me, just seems cold, especially when everyone else in the close family was there. If it was a work trip or something she couldn't have helped, okay, but she literally chose Sinister Forky over her family.

It's a pattern with her, both for her bio family, her non bio family, and hell, even for her friends. She only uses them when she's in need (like staying with her mom and stepdad when Joe broke up with her, getting them to help her move stuff, reconnecting with friends only because she was lonely and dumping them again the minute Bradley forked onto scene).

And people like to project on her and cut her some slack because, hey, her dad abandoned her (which we don't really know, we just know he's not in the picture. For all I know, he could be dead). Like, sorry, but my own dad walked out TWICE on us and I'm not a tit human. I'll feel more sympathy for her the day she takes herself to therapy to deal with all her emotional baggage.

• Heart
Yesterday I was laughing, now I'm sitting here reading this thread with wet eyes. Thank you for sharing friends ❤.

I wonder if Granny Terrina was checking Niomi's Instagram over and over while they were having that birthday dinner for the grandfather. Maybe that's why she wrote " Celebrating Ians birthday with some of the children & Grandchildren ".

• Heart
Yesterday I was laughing, now I'm sitting here reading this thread with wet eyes. Thank you for sharing friends ❤.

I wonder if Granny Terrina was checking Niomi's Instagram over and over while they were having that birthday dinner for the grandfather. Maybe that's why she wrote " Celebrating Ians birthday with some of the children & Grandchildren ".
I do love our Tattle community <3

It totally sounds like something Granny T-Rex would do. Be all passive aggressive and tsk-tsking. But on this one, I'm with her lol. Granny T > Forky McGetItDone

• Heart
Quite sad you dont know where the most scenic spot is. I suppose Bradley filmed you by accident as well :D

When your Uber drops you right in front of Forky with his phone out for the money shot. There, fixed it for you Niomi.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.