Niomi Smart #3 Trouble in paradise, did Joey flee? We don't know yet but await the fennel tea!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know what you mean, but sometimes people really do just flip a switch and decide to break it off/leave very suddenly. It wouldn’t be the first time someone breaks off an engagement seemingly out of the blue, plus I think we have to keep in mind there’s so much we don’t see in their case. Who knows what was going on behind closed doors and how much they’d been arguing/having problems, especially given Niomi tends to portray a perfect/unrealistic picture of her life.
Agreed. With Marcus didnt they go on a 'perfect' holiday, vlog the whole thing then suddenly break up not long after? We only see a polished version of their lives on youtube.

Reactions: 11
I love how she said one week ago on insta 'please excuse my absence over the next few days. I haven’t been feeling great, and I think the best thing for my mind, body and soul, is to spend a few days offline', then proceeds to post not one but two posts. She should just stay offline like she said she would.
She hasn't really been absent at all. It is odd.

Reactions: 5
Agree with a lot of other tattlers, I know we're all speculating if its a break, break-up or he's moved for work, regardless something has gone down. But I just find it so sudden, usually with these things you can tell, I mean back on GG people had cottoned on to problems with Jim and Tanya literally the year before any kind of formal announcement about a split was made. I just find the timing of it very odd, surely he knew she was obsessive about food and wellness? I mean they lived together for years prior to this. And if it was lockdown that exacerbated her controlling behaviours, surely he was adult enough to realise that it was a product of lockdown and not her usual 'healthy, vegan goodness' crap, certainly not something to dump your fiancé over. I just can't believe that weeks ago they were talking about bridesmaids and wedding venues, and now we're wondering if they're over.
They were living in the grounds of his family home weren’t they? Perhaps seeing her behaviour through the prism of his family during lockdown made him realise things weren’t right...

And also like seeing her behaviour full time when he's not at work or either of them have a social life could be a totally different thing.

Reactions: 17
I get that, especially when people keep asking. But, she did plaster him all over her social media and he was in nearly every one of her vlogs since they got together and now he's suddenly vanished, I think it's natural people are curious and ask where did Joey Goey.
If we haven't found out by next thread, 'Where did Joey goey?' has to be new title :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I know what you mean, but sometimes people really do just flip a switch and decide to break it off/leave very suddenly. It wouldn’t be the first time someone breaks off an engagement seemingly out of the blue, plus I think we have to keep in mind there’s so much we don’t see in their case. Who knows what was going on behind closed doors and how much they’d been arguing/having problems, especially given Niomi tends to portray a perfect/unrealistic picture of her life.
Indeed, plus men tend to internalise issues - she may not have had a clue he was struggling until the last minute. I cannot picture them having particularly deep conversations generally anyway
JoEy's disappearance is going to become the next Youtube mystery after Jim and Tanya's dog 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Finally watched the one vlog of them in the London flat. That was posted July 19th and we haven’t seen Joey since. In that vlog, she spilled that he’d been the one who had set them up in London and was assembling furniture while she basically did nothing. She tore Freddie’s “boy decor” apart and said the only thing she did was organize/setup all her stupid spices!

Frankly, Joe looked annoyed at her when she came into the bedroom giving a video tour and I would be too. Moving is hard! She just waltzed around like a princess with a video camera worrying about her spice rack and day drinking champagne in the park, sans mask, with a friend. Meanwhile his dream job came to an end, he’s looking for work in a pandemic and managing their living arrangements on his own.

In the lockdown vlogs and that London vlog, I also noticed he started drinking at every meal with her... I’m not saying he has a drinking problem at all, but we all know we reach for a glass of wine or beer to relax if we’re feeling on edge. I feel for Joe and if he up and left her, I have to say I’d do the same!

Hopefully this is a wake up call for Niomi. His dream blew up in his face this year because of COVID and she’s been more worried about her spices and obsessive behaviors than supporting him. Marriage is about partnership and the way I see it, she’s been all about herself and not focusing on her partner at all.

Reactions: 18
Can't believe I took a break from Niomi after she just got engaged with the ring and all of that, thinking I am not going to miss much and I come back to this :eek:o_O

To be honest, I don't know much about relationships cuz I am chronically single. From what I have read online, like Reddit, a lot of people will pull up with a lot of things during a relationship, but all of that will come to an end. Either he had enough or he finally realized that they were not a good match for each other. It's better to call it quits before the legal stuff makes the breakup more difficult.

Now I have to catch up to this thread.

Reactions: 12
I wonder why she isn’t deleting the comments questioning the relationship? I know ‘influencers’ are a bit damned if they do, damned if they don’t but it’s just odd. She’s managed to be incredibly vague whilst somehow fueling the fire of speculation entirely on her own. I think there’s a good chance it’s a blip in the relationship (if that at all) and we’ll resume the normal show soon enough OR we’re all in for a lot of break up/balance/wellness advice!

Reactions: 7
Finally watched the one vlog of them in the London flat. That was posted July 19th and we haven’t seen Joey since. In that vlog, she spilled that he’d been the one who had set them up in London and was assembling furniture while she basically did nothing. She tore Freddie’s “boy decor” apart and said the only thing she did was organize/setup all her stupid spices!

Frankly, Joe looked annoyed at her when she came into the bedroom giving a video tour and I would be too. Moving is hard! She just waltzed around like a princess with a video camera worrying about her spice rack and day drinking champagne in the park, sans mask, with a friend.
I know we have no idea what actually happened and this could well have nothing to do with it, but the behaviour you described is indeed recurring for Niomi, at least in this relationship. Always these references to Joe ‘sorting things out’ for them, it’s very weird. I remember people were surprised how last minute she left their moving to India, for such a control freak you’d think she’d be on it. But she was scrambling to pack up their stuff at literally the last second and that’s when she’d had months of advance notice.

In that latest vlog she already says that JOE has been the one making multiple trips to London to move them in slowly, then later in the vlog it’s almost comical the way she’s going on about being ~so tired~ because she had a champagne picnic in the park all while Joes been setting up furniture. He’s always shy and awkward on camera so I try to not read too much into his behaviour usually but he definitely seems pissed that she’s vlogging while he‘s legit cleaning their room lol.

Reactions: 14
I have had disorded eating patterns pretty much ever since I was a teenager and in a way I feel sorry for Niomi. Regardless of her snobby attitude I believe she must feel exhausted all the time. She might not do much, but she barely eats anything and exercises a lot. That’s maybe part of the reason why Joey is in charge of the moving etc.

She needs to go to therapy and sort herself out. I feel sorry for Joe as well. They aren’t a fit and to be fair unless she pairs with a disordered person as well, no one will put up with her limited super controlled way of living.

Reactions: 9
I know we have no idea what actually happened and this could well have nothing to do with it, but the behaviour you described is indeed recurring for Niomi, at least in this relationship. Always these references to Joe ‘sorting things out’ for them, it’s very weird. I remember people were surprised how last minute she left their moving to India, for such a control freak you’d think she’d be on it. But she was scrambling to pack up their stuff at literally the last second and that’s when she’d had months of advance notice.

In that latest vlog she already says that JOE has been the one making multiple trips to London to move them in slowly, then later in the vlog it’s almost comical the way she’s going on about being ~so tired~ because she had a champagne picnic in the park all while Joes been setting up furniture. He’s always shy and awkward on camera so I try to not read too much into his behaviour usually but he definitely seems pissed that she’s vlogging while he‘s legit cleaning their room lol.
You’re so right. He seemed to line up everything for India as well. He really seems conscientious, hard-working to me.

Maybe he got of tired of lugging Niomi and her beloved spices around like a hefty ball and chain!

I also rewatched the moving to india video now and they moved a lot of stuff to Joe's apartment from the house, she showed what would be their 'London' room and it was totally different than the one few weeks ago, at least furniture. So maybe poor Freddie had to move rooms overnight, that would cause tension. He's been affected by the lockdown as well 🤯

May have already been mentioned I’m not sure so forgive me if so.
But from her instagram she hasn’t been wearing her engagement ring since 21st July... she has however been wearing a plain style band like a wedding band, until recently as she now isn’t wearing anything. This band is very clearly visible on a post from 28th & 30th July. Joe liked a post about her moving home on 31st July, but again on that photo a silver plain band is worn, her engagement ring was gold.. so it’s not as if it’s only the stone that’s turned around during wear.
Are they already married? Have they broken up? Who knows ??? I for one am baffled by this realisation

May have already been mentioned I’m not sure so forgive me if so.
But from her instagram she hasn’t been wearing her engagement ring since 21st July... she has however been wearing a plain style band like a wedding band, until recently as she now isn’t wearing anything. This band is very clearly visible on a post from 28th & 30th July. Joe liked a post about her moving home on 31st July, but again on that photo a silver plain band is worn, her engagement ring was gold.. so it’s not as if it’s only the stone that’s turned around during wear.
Are they already married? Have they broken up? Who knows ??? I for one am baffled by this realisation
Interesting...
Perhaps the move to a plain band was really the first sign of things breaking down, but her still trying to hold things together and hoping they'd work it out. Sort of saying 'we're on a break but still together'.
They are definitely not already married though, of that much I think we can be sure! Niomi would be sure to instagram every perfect second of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I have had disorded eating patterns pretty much ever since I was a teenager and in a way I feel sorry for Niomi. Regardless of her snobby attitude I believe she must feel exhausted all the time. She might not do much, but she barely eats anything and exercises a lot. That’s maybe part of the reason why Joey is in charge of the moving etc.

She needs to go to therapy and sort herself out. I feel sorry for Joe as well. They aren’t a fit and to be fair unless she pairs with a disordered person as well, no one will put up with her limited super controlled way of living.
I’m in recovery from disordered lifestyle as well, but don’t accept that as an excuse for letting him “handle” everything as usual.

The girl can run a 10k in 45 minutes. If motivated, surely she could help assemble a piece of furniture or transport some boxes in a move. She puts her energy where she wants to and stepping up to support her partner in a move is clearly not a priority for her. She’d prefer to have him sort it out and then make him a smoothie as a reward.

That said, I do feel for her. She clearly loves Joe and if they’ve split she is no doubt heartbroken and probably in shock. I wish nothing but happiness for her and hope whatever is going on, she uses it as an opportunity to grow.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Maybe that delusional video about how she thinks she's not a sell-out influencer came from a defensive place after talking with Joe?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I stalked Charlotte (sorry Charlotte!) Niomi left her a comment in 2019 I think saying she can’t wait until they move to a country village together with their OHs. I’d imagine poor Niomi had envisaged her & Joe’s life together going a certain way & now this. From a YouTube point of view she’s already done the break-up, move into a lovely apartment & be single.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.