Niomi Smart #3 Trouble in paradise, did Joey flee? We don't know yet but await the fennel tea!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest, I don't think she owes anyone an explanation and I think its quite unkind to harass her on social media about it. I can't imagine being dumped by someone I was engaged to, as much as I think she is a vapid, money grabbing control freak, she must be in a lot of pain and I probably wouldn't want to broadcast that to people either.
I get that, especially when people keep asking. But, she did plaster him all over her social media and he was in nearly every one of her vlogs since they got together and now he's suddenly vanished, I think it's natural people are curious and ask where did Joey Goey.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
To be honest, I don't think she owes anyone an explanation and I think its quite unkind to harass her on social media about it. I can't imagine being dumped by someone I was engaged to, as much as I think she is a vapid, money grabbing control freak, she must be in a lot of pain and I probably wouldn't want to broadcast that to people either.
She was so arrogant about him, and was pushing him in her vlogs. This is the obvious reaction of her viewers. Off course it's hard for her, but she is still worried about her image. I think she would gain respect if she would be honest and say: we broke up, i need time for myself I hope you respect that. But no: Niomi's life is still perfect (she thinks), she is still happy and running in the fields and being so happy. But it's getting harder and harder to keep up this image.

Reactions: 15
People are forgetting that she’s been putting little hints out and ‘look how beautiful I am/care free/I’m feeling down’. If she wanted privacy she should’ve just gone about her daily instagramming of her lunches, and nobody would have noticed she’d moved home or there was trouble in paradise.

Reactions: 22
If it’s a break up she needs to get the hell offline. She’s obviously seeing and reading the comments. She need to spend some time with family friends, laugh, cry, go through all the normal emotions rather than having to put on a brave face for her online audience.

Reactions: 12
Maybe, but he's followed MySmartSkin way after he followed Tinder. Tinder was one of the first accounts he followed on Instagram (before he was following Niomi).
This is going to make me sound like a legit stalker: but he definitely followed someone. He was at 844 before and now he’s at 845.

I need psychiatric help.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
This is going to make me sound like a legit stalker: but he definitely followed someone. He was at 844 before and now he’s at 845.

I need psychiatric help.
Oh I noticed it too, don't worry. Or maybe both need help 😂

I think you can tell who someone's followed most recently as when you click 'following' it lists in order of date followed.

Reactions: 5
Wow what fresh content to drive engagement, someone give this social media person a raise :rolleyes:
Shocked there are over 200 likes. On 🍊🍊

If it’s a break up she needs to get the hell offline. She’s obviously seeing and reading the comments. She need to spend some time with family friends, laugh, cry, go through all the normal emotions rather than having to put on a brave face for her online audience.
Yeah, but it's her (weird) job to be online. She probably isn't using her personal accounts but the others she needs to ise for work. Smart skin too, if people loose interest in jer or forget about her they won't be interested in the skincare.

Plus, she'll naturally want to save face. I mean it's devastating to be dumped publically, but also it is embarrassing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
She should take a leaf out of her Mum’s book & stay offline. Then call Charlotte & get drunk. I’d say Charlotte is well able to have fun.

I still think Niomi may never fully get over this she was so so proud to be with Joe.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if she’ll post any sort of a YouTube video this week.....

*sips my fennel tea*

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Will she recognise what she needs to change though, if (as we assume) her controlling behaviour was a major factor in the split?

I am not a psychologist but there is an unhealthy level of obsession over control and getting things 'perfect' and 'right' all the time; in her case this seems to manifest in food and exercise. Although she appears to be a healthy person with a good diet, her attitude is certainly not healthy.

Reactions: 13
Will she recognise what she needs to change though, if (as we assume) her controlling behaviour was a major factor in the split?

I am not a psychologist but there is an unhealthy level of obsession over control and getting things 'perfect' and 'right' all the time; in her case this seems to manifest in food and exercise. Although she appears to be a healthy person with a good diet, her attitude is certainly not healthy.
As someone who has had control issues and had it sink relationships it is really hard to realize that sometimes you are the problem! It takes a lot of going through past trauma and unraveling everything. My father left when I was young and wasn't present, like Niomi's and I definitely think that played into my controlling behaviour. I basically had a fear of losing them so would try to control everything and we all know that doesn't work out well...it pushes people away instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Shocked there are over 200 likes. On 🍊🍊

Yeah, but it's her (weird) job to be online. She probably isn't using her personal accounts but the others she needs to ise for work. Smart skin too, if people loose interest in jer or forget about her they won't be interested in the skincare.

Plus, she'll naturally want to save face. I mean it's devastating to be dumped publically, but also it is embarrassing.
I was curious if she was still posting on her private personal account so I took note of how many posts it showed she had, and sure enough there was a new post either today or last night. It went from 89 posts to 90. She only has 80 followers and follows 81. I know a lot are Joe’s family that follow her there. I wonder if she posted an announcement there? I know that’s a big reach. Lol. I’m just curious. I mean what could have possibly happened for their seemingly perfect relationship to break up so abruptly? Only weeks ago they were loved up on social media posting lovey-dovey responses to each other. Unless it was all for show online and it had been gradually breaking down behind the scenes when they were forced to be together 24/7 in lockdown? Is that where he realized he could not actually marry her because of how she is? I mean Joe must’ve strategically moved back with his brother so that he could break it off. He must’ve been planning and thinking about this for a while if they actually broke up. The only thing I can think of is that it’s just a break and he got cold feet. Or like people said, he took the job far away and they both decided to take a break. Could Niomi have caught him hitting up other women? I’ll be honest he must get lots of attention from women. She was head over heels for him. I think she ‘loved’ him more than he cared about her. So it’s harder for her. I’m actually impressed she’s up and about staying busy all day. When I’ve had horrible break ups the first week I just want to stay in bed and hide from all life. I guess people cope in different ways and she has work obligations. And if it was a break up -what horrible timing !Because she’s just about to launch her crappy skin care. If this is all a PR stunt to gain attention for her launch I will never watch her videos again

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I was curious if she was still posting on her private personal account so I took note of how many posts it showed she had, and sure enough there was a new post either today or last night. It went from 89 posts to 90. She only has 80 followers and follows 81. I know a lot are Joe’s family that follow her there. I wonder if she posted an announcement there? I know that’s a big reach. Lol. I’m just curious. I mean what could have possibly happened for their seemingly perfect relationship to break up so abruptly? Only weeks ago they were loved up on social media posting lovey-dovey responses to each other. Unless it was all for show online and it had been gradually breaking down behind the scenes when they were forced to be together 24/7 in lockdown? Is that where he realized he could not actually marry her because of how she is? I mean Joe must’ve strategically moved back with his brother so that he could break it off. He must’ve been planning and thinking about this for a while if they actually broke up. The only thing I can think of is that it’s just a break and he got cold feet. Or like people said, he took the job far away and they both decided to take a break. Could Niomi have caught him hitting up other women? I’ll be honest he must get lots of attention from women. She was head over heels for him. I think she ‘loved’ him more than he cared about her. So it’s harder for her. I’m actually impressed she’s up and about staying busy all day. When I’ve had horrible break ups the first week I just want to stay in bed and hide from all life. I guess people cope in different ways and she has work obligations. And if it was a break up -what horrible timing !Because she’s just about to launch her crappy skin care. If this is all a PR stunt to gain attention for her launch I will never watch her videos again
If he was getting cold feet and thought moving in with his brother would be preferable than commiting to a new flat for just him and Niomi, then I think he played it wrong and did her dirty. He should have been honest with her beforehand as I am sure the living-with-Freddie situation caused some sort of argument.

Reactions: 8
I love how she said one week ago on insta 'please excuse my absence over the next few days. I haven’t been feeling great, and I think the best thing for my mind, body and soul, is to spend a few days offline', then proceeds to post not one but two posts. She should just stay offline like she said she would.

I love how she said one week ago on insta 'please excuse my absence over the next few days. I haven’t been feeling great, and I think the best thing for my mind, body and soul, is to spend a few days offline', then proceeds to post not one but two posts. She should just stay offline like she said she would.

With the kind of lifestyle she leads, she could have easily said she was taking a 🌟 social media detox 🌟 to realign and focus on veganism/yoga/fennel tea or some BS and people would have thought ‘yeah, fair’, and not even questioned their relationship. But she’s being deliberately evasive now!

Yeah I just don't get it. If they have broken up surely she would be a mess and not be able to post on SM at all with seeing comments about their relationship status. Maybe they're on a break and she wants Joe to see her posts.

Reactions: 3
Agree with a lot of other tattlers, I know we're all speculating if its a break, break-up or he's moved for work, regardless something has gone down. But I just find it so sudden, usually with these things you can tell, I mean back on GG people had cottoned on to problems with Jim and Tanya literally the year before any kind of formal announcement about a split was made. I just find the timing of it very odd, surely he knew she was obsessive about food and wellness? I mean they lived together for years prior to this. And if it was lockdown that exacerbated her controlling behaviours, surely he was adult enough to realise that it was a product of lockdown and not her usual 'healthy, vegan goodness' crap, certainly not something to dump your fiancé over. I just can't believe that weeks ago they were talking about bridesmaids and wedding venues, and now we're wondering if they're over.

Reactions: 26
Agree with a lot of other tattlers, I know we're all speculating if its a break, break-up or he's moved for work, regardless something has gone down. But I just find it so sudden, usually with these things you can tell, I mean back on GG people had cottoned on to problems with Jim and Tanya literally the year before any kind of formal announcement about a split was made. I just find the timing of it very odd, surely he knew she was obsessive about food and wellness? I mean they lived together for years prior to this. And if it was lockdown that exacerbated her controlling behaviours, surely he was adult enough to realise that it was a product of lockdown and not her usual 'healthy, vegan goodness' crap, certainly not something to dump your fiancé over. I just can't believe that weeks ago they were talking about bridesmaids and wedding venues, and now we're wondering if they're over.
I know what you mean, but sometimes people really do just flip a switch and decide to break it off/leave very suddenly. It wouldn’t be the first time someone breaks off an engagement seemingly out of the blue, plus I think we have to keep in mind there’s so much we don’t see in their case. Who knows what was going on behind closed doors and how much they’d been arguing/having problems, especially given Niomi tends to portray a perfect/unrealistic picture of her life.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.