Niomi Smart #28 Still smarting over dreamy Joe, giving fascist Forky a go.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the proposal not being too romantic, does it really have to be?
I actually think it was romantic. It was just the two of them on a quiet weekend away on an English beach. I'm sure most people would love that, and that seems exactly like the kind of guy Joe is - just more private, that's all. But it's not showy offy enough for Dimbobs, which says it all about them

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I actually think it was romantic. It was just the two of them on a quiet weekend away on an English beach. I'm sure most people would love that, and that seems exactly like the kind of guy Joe is - just more private, that's all. But it's not showy offy enough for Dimbobs, which says it all about them
Seems very sweet to me and romantic, too. They clearly have different ideas of what's romantic. A huge gesture with millions of people is not my idea of romantic either. I don't think the more you show off the more romantic it is, but clearly she has this dream scenerio in mind that didn't fit at all with the man she was dating. Niomi wanted a show boat, I feel bad for Joe. Imagine planning out something so sweet only to hear later on that the woman you proposed to didn't like it. Even if you think it, you don't have to say it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Seems very sweet to me and romantic, too. They clearly have different ideas of what's romantic. A huge gesture with millions of people is not my idea of romantic either. I don't think the more you show off the more romantic it is, but clearly she has this dream scenerio in mind that didn't fit at all with the man she was dating. Niomi wanted a show boat, I feel bad for Joe. Imagine planning out something so sweet only to hear later on that the woman you proposed to didn't like it. Even if you think it, you don't have to say it.
Exactly, and now she's going on about being respectful to exes when you break up :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Agreed.
For me, when something is private it makes it more special.
Forky, on the other hand, is the type of guy to propose with a Flash Mob.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
just rewatching her Engagement vlog (bored at work of course) I'm only 2 mins in, when he comes back from India.... even though she is just as insufferable, she genuinely seems excited to see him. They seem more relaxed around each other, compared to the carcrash of the lockdown vlogs.

Shame all round, he does seem like a nice guy.

Reactions: 11
On the proposal not being too romantic, does it really have to be? The whole thing with the daily gifts was so sweet, I would love to receive something so incredibly thoughtful and romantic! It's a shame he wasted it on someone who clearly didn't appreciate it. In my opinion, that's a really grand gesture and so sweet.

My theory: Joey only proposed to her because he felt obligated to when she decided to move to India with him. He told her this when he called things off. That's why she says in hindsight the proposal wasn't romantic. She's not talking about the actual proposal itself/how he chose to propose - but the reasons behind it.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
All her captions about Joe making her so unbelievably happy and like she's living in a dream and even the fact that she called him "Dreamy Joe" always seemed OTT and I wonder if Joe himself also got tired of it. I think it would make someone sort of uncomfortable to placed on a pedestal like this all the time in their own relationship. It goes beyond being kind or lovey-dovey. It was like she was smugly walking around every day in disbelief that she'd scored this big prize - a good looking man from a wealthy family who all her friends and followers ogled at. I would just imagine someone like Joe would be used to this attention from girls but find it a little much if his partner was constantly talking about him and their relationship like fan-fiction. IMO his romantic gestures, from what we saw, were quite lovely and I'm sure he was happy to be with her for a good chunk of their time together but he never matched the level of proudness she had about him.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Long time lurker here but have never actually posted. So… hello 👋🏻 (This is a long post, I’m sorry)
Nothing too exciting to report but a few years ago I actually bumped into Niomi & Joe while I was abroad. This was when I really idolised her and couldn’t believe it when I saw her. I was with my boyfriend and he told me to say Hi.. (so cringe and awkward I know!) but after a lot of encouragement I thought, what have I got to lose?
She was sat with Joe and all I said, very politely, was that I really enjoyed her videos and it was nice to meet her. Joe was sooo lovely and had a big smile on his face. He thanked me for coming over but Niomi looked at me like a piece of poop! I felt instant regret! It was so awkward I wanted the ground to consume me. What’s funny is I remember thinking it’s odd they don’t seem that into each other? They weren’t talking (which is fine.. I suppose we aren’t always in gripping conversations with our partner) but I remember thinking it was really odd. She was posting photos of their trip like they were the most in love couple you’d ever seen.
I get the impression even Joe found her posts cringe/not true to their reality. She created this over the top ’perfect couple’ persona which even they weren’t living.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
All her captions about Joe making her so unbelievably happy and like she's living in a dream and even the fact that she called him "Dreamy Joe" always seemed OTT and I wonder if Joe himself also got tired of it. I think it would make someone sort of uncomfortable to placed on a pedestal like this all the time in their own relationship. It goes beyond being kind or lovey-dovey. It was like she was smugly walking around every day in disbelief that she'd scored this big prize - a good looking man from a wealthy family who all her friends and followers ogled at. I would just imagine someone like Joe would be used to this attention from girls but find it a little much if his partner was constantly talking about him and their relationship like fan-fiction. IMO his romantic gestures, from what we saw, were quite lovely and I'm sure he was happy to be with her for a good chunk of their time together but he never matched the level of proudness she had about him.
This. I'm no fan of Niomi's, but I have definitely been in a relationship where I was much crazier about my partner than she was about me. It is quite painful, and when the relationship inevitably fizzles it is pretty soul crushing. You feel like you've wasted your love and attention, not to mention your time. I am sad for her that she had to go through that, and it kind of makes sense she would be trying to fill the void with affection from her followers etc. Still cringe and pathetic, but it makes a bit more sense looking back at some of her old posts etc. I've often heard it said that the more someone posts about how happy they are in their relationship/flaunts it all over social media, the less likely they are to be truly happy. It's overcompensation 101.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My theory: Joey only proposed to her because he felt obligated to when she decided to move to India with him. He told her this when he called things off. That's why she says in hindsight the proposal wasn't romantic. She's not talking about the actual proposal itself/how he chose to propose - but the reasons behind it.
Yeah, I think it might also be referring to what he said when he proposed, which we have no way of knowing. Because she said something like on the surface it seemed very romantic (beach walk, just the two of them, etc) but thinking back, it wasn't. Maybe she started dissecting the words he chose and realized it had been a kind of "might as well" proposal.

Also, I'm with you that Anna is nothing special. Some comments here make it sound like she's Margot Robbie or something when, really, she's just normal pretty with a lot of sexy airs put on. Not that Niomi is an outerworldly beauty either.

Reactions: 18
Long time lurker here but have never actually posted. So… hello 👋🏻 (This is a long post, I’m sorry)
Nothing too exciting to report but a few years ago I actually bumped into Niomi & Joe while I was abroad. This was when I really idolised her and couldn’t believe it when I saw her. I was with my boyfriend and he told me to say Hi.. (so cringe and awkward I know!) but after a lot of encouragement I thought, what have I got to lose?
She was sat with Joe and all I said, very politely, was that I really enjoyed her videos and it was nice to meet her. Joe was sooo lovely and had a big smile on his face. He thanked me for coming over but Niomi looked at me like a piece of poop! I felt instant regret! It was so awkward I wanted the ground to consume me. What’s funny is I remember thinking it’s odd they don’t seem that into each other? They weren’t talking (which is fine.. I suppose we aren’t always in gripping conversations with our partner) but I remember thinking it was really odd. She was posting photos of their trip like they were the most in love couple you’d ever seen.
I get the impression even Joe found her posts cringe/not true to their reality. She created this over the top ’perfect couple’ persona which even they weren’t living.
And the time a follower posted on her IG that she'd seen Dimbobs with a guy, after being dumped. Dimbobs posted,' should have said hello'. Right, just so she could be the witch in public!!
Your experience confirms what I've always thought of her- pure waste of space.
WELCOME TO THE THREAD!!🥰🤗

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
That is so telling! I mean, everybody can have an awkward moment or be sitting at a table and not really talk, but the way they reacted to you coming is so interesting. So glad to know Joe was the one being nice and that she was bitchy, actually, that goes more with my instinct on who they both are. He may have been private, but he looks like he's actually nice to strangers/followers and to service staff. She on the other hand looks so fake in all her positivity and self-care BS. I'm more and more convinced that the issues they had (which she was aware of, but at the same time was blind-sided by) are totally about her job and the way she conceived of it (with a helping side of food issues). The last video before the breakup was the BS honest chat about influencing, which many of you have already pointed out was surely some comment made my Joe that made her get all prissy about it. And look at her a year or so after the breakup of the engagement: she went full-on influencer (just watch that video again, it's completely cringe-inducing), with all the flaws and all the selfies and duck faces and random luxury gifts and entitlement etc. Clearly, her job was the issue: maybe he said a few things about his being private, maybe he also saw clearly through her lies about herself and how she presented herself online. So in a way, she may have though oh I guess I'll be marrying Dreamy Joe even if he's not super into my influencer lifestyle but he must at least see I'm a digital content creator and how early I wake up to work out, but then was completely blind-sided when he broke things off because actually she's full of tit and he couldn't see himself in a life of constant online BULLSHIT. Think about it; marrying someone who's an influencer but actually has a conscience and is honest may be okay, but if Joe was seeing the same cracks we have been seing for a few years, then he probably wanted an escape.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
She also said that, in hindsight, Joeeeeeey's proposal wasn't that romantic. All the times he orgnised daily gifts and flowers for her when he was away clearly counted for nothing with Dimbobs!!
I always thought she did those for content and I’m more convinced than ever!

I can just picture her being so smug about her proposal and how pahhfect it was at the time, and I bet she probably thought it would indicate something more solid in contrast to Amelia Liana’s (in case anyone doesn’t know about that one, she got proposed to in a very OTT way in Paris after not being with the guy very long, only for him to end the engagement 6 months later) If she was still with Joe she would of course be saying it was exactly the right way to do things.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Her latest stories.... she's at the park with Rosanna but she's preoccupied making an instagram story to tag the brand of the toddler's wellies... What is wrong with her?!

Untitled 26.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I just realized there was no Forky content (any story, nothing) since they were in Cornwall. Before that trip they were going out together pretty often. So maybe they realized they are awkward together

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Hey! Hope everyone is doing well. First time poster here but have been reading these threads since Niomi and Joey broke up.

I have some suggestions for the next thread title.

I'm 29, look how far I can bend my spine, here is some miso soup and in my selfies I look like I'm about to poop 💩

Feeling (not so) fine, off to meet Forky time and on Monday mornings I drink wine

Everything is gifted yet Niomi thinks no one better has existed

The car is a undisclosed gift, anyone need a lift? Listening to Taylor Swift like Joey doesn't exist

Hanging with Brad, here's another ad promoting the next fad, I'm not sad, don't you know I'm a law grad?

Turned blond, going to be in the next Bond, Larry King fixes my roots so I can pose in swimsuits

Duck lips, solo girl trips, Joey broke my heart and now I dress like a tart

A mane of blond hair with a vacant stare, Niomi only eats air, ads she can't declare and Joey left her in despair

Bought a new house but what I wanted was a spouse

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Wtf Anna's had more work done than I realized! In some of those pictures, she looks nothing like her selfies on Instagram. I really need to stop trusting everything I see on social media.
I feel bad for her , when you google her name Niomi's threads and Joe are the top results. I'm sure she'd rather not be associated with NimBobs

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I feel bad for her , when you google her name Niomi's threads and Joe are the top results. I'm sure she'd rather not be associated with NimBobs
I feel bad for her a bit, but that's kind of what you get when 1) you've followed the influencer girl for years & end up with her ex right after they break up 2) you keep a public profile and occasionally feature the guy...

Reactions: 14
I’m finally back, once again, after disappearing lol. Uni has been killing me.
1C9D8A5C-8929-460B-A0A5-0661A1FB8E22.png

What the hell is this?! Is this supposed to be funny? And that caption is making me cringe so hard

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.