Niomi Smart #24 Not-So-SmartSkin, posing naked to prove I’m thin, Joe put our photos in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At her age, if you don't have marriage/kids, you need a rock solid social circle (well, you need one of those anyway, but you know what I mean). She never really built one. In the break between Marcus and Joe, she was in her YT prime and life was full of work-based appointments and performative YT relationships. I think she must be pretty lonely now and trying to figure out why. I hope, for her sake, that she has friendships that are not just for the gram (intentionally or otherwise).

Reactions: 19
She must be absorbed with jealousy, seeing every other female influencer around her getting married and having a baby. At least that’s my impression, not that many I follow are still single. She even said it in a podcast: “most of my friends are either married with babies or at least engaged or in long term relationships and there are definitely moments when I’m like: okay I’m the single one, like what’s going on here *laughs maniacally*”
Hmm wonder why (absolutely not her fault at all...)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
At her age, if you don't have marriage/kids, you need a rock solid social circle (well, you need one of those anyway, but you know what I mean). She never really built one. In the break between Marcus and Joe, she was in her YT prime and life was full of work-based appointments and performative YT relationships. I think she must be pretty lonely now and trying to figure out why. I hope, for her sake, that she has friendships that are not just for the gram (intentionally or otherwise).
While I agree that you need a strong circle anyway, I disagree with the "at her age if you don't have marriage/kids". She's only 29, not 39. It's a bit archaic to think that if you're not married at 29, you're miserable (well, we know she is because her dream of the perfect family fell apart). Plenty of people are still single at 30 because they chose to focus on something other than relationships (generally, career oriented people). The issue is she doesn't have a passion for anything it seems. It's not like she has this amazing career that stimulates her intellectually and allows her to forget about the fact she's single. Her career revolves around her image. Nothing stimulating there. She could easily say she wants to focus on her career, but again, what is her job? She needs to figure out her overall direction in life, not just her relationships because galivanting around London is going to get old fast.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
She must be absorbed with jealousy, seeing every other female influencer around her getting married and having a baby. At least that’s my impression, not that many I follow are still single. She even said it in a podcast: “most of my friends are either married with babies or at least engaged or in long term relationships and there are definitely moments when I’m like: okay I’m the single one, like what’s going on here *laughs maniacally*”
I get such a bitchy vibe from this! I can totally imagine her passively aggressively saying to her friends can't believe all you girls have a relationship and I don't! With the implication being that if even they can do it, surely she should be married etc as the skinny "successful" one. She has strong wannabe queen bee vibes 🙄

Reactions: 18
Hmm wonder why (absolutely not her fault at all...)
It’s also a bit gross like is she implying she doesn’t understand why SHE is the single one when SHE is so much thinner/blonder/prettier/insert whatever dumb vacuous thing she values here? When is she going to clock that relationships based on appearance don’t last…she thinks so much of herself when she has the personality of a wet tea towel, it’s bizarre

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I get such a bitchy vibe from this! I can totally imagine her passively aggressively saying to her friends can't believe all you girls have a relationship and I don't! With the implication being that if even they can do it, surely she should be married etc as the skinny "successful" one. She has strong wannabe queen bee vibes 🙄
It’s also a bit gross like is she implying she doesn’t understand why SHE is the single one when SHE is so much thinner/blonder/prettier/insert whatever dumb vacuous thing she values here? When is she going to clock that relationships based on appearance don’t last…she thinks so much of herself when she has the personality of a wet tea towel, it’s bizarre
Great minds 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 7
While I agree that you need a strong circle anyway, I disagree with the "at her age if you don't have marriage/kids". She's only 29, not 39. It's a bit archaic to think that if you're not married at 29, you're miserable (well, we know she is because her dream of the perfect family fell apart). Plenty of people are still single at 30 because they chose to focus on something other than relationships (generally, career oriented people). The issue is she doesn't have a passion for anything it seems. It's not like she has this amazing career that stimulates her intellectually and allows her to forget about the fact she's single. Her career revolves around her image. Nothing stimulating there. She could easily say she wants to focus on her career, but again, what is her job? She needs to figure out her overall direction in life, not just her relationships because galivanting around London is going to get old fast.
I didn't say that without marriage at that age, everyone is miserable. I said that you need friends and I believe that to be true for most people.

Reactions: 6
I didn't say that without marriage at that age, everyone is miserable. I said that you need friends and I believe that to be true for most people.
Well, that's what it sounded like. Basically, if you're not married and by some unfortunate stroke of luck, have no friends, you're meant to be miserable. That's what it sounded like to me. You don't necessarily need friends either to compensate for your lack of partnership. It's just the way the sentence was formulated. The first couple of words just bring a whole different meaning to it, even if that's not what you meant. Besides, your explicitly said "at her age, if you don't have marriage/kids" and went as far as assuming "she must be pretty lonely".

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Well, that's what it sounded like. Basically, if you're not married and by some unfortunate stroke of luck, have no friends, you're meant to be miserable. That's what it sounded like to me. You don't necessarily need friends either to compensate for your lack of partnership. It's just the way the sentence was formulated. The first couple of words just bring a whole different meaning to it, even if that's not what you meant. Besides, your explicitly said "at her age, if you don't have marriage/kids" and went as far as assuming "she must be pretty lonely".
I think @Pundertaker meant that she’s lonely because her YT career pretty much fell off, and so did all the YT events, “friendships”, and opportunities. So she’s nowhere as busy as she used to be, doesn’t have the social interactions from her YT career, and we’ve discussed at length that she doesn’t really have friends except maybe Charlotte because once she’s in a relationship, she dumps them all by spending ALL her time with her beau. I too think she’s lonely, not because she’s single, but because she doesn’t really have anyone close to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
First off, she has very obviously vertically stretched out the photos she posted to the grid in the green dress. She pulled a Tanya Burr and went even less subtle.

Next, her Instagram story of the dress is captioned: "Emerald is my birth stone, maybe it's no coincidence I'm always drawn to it". If the whole world saw me get proposed to with an emerald ring and dumped 7 months later I'd be a little hesitant to post about the gem stone lol. And it's actually my birth stone too!

• Haha
First off, she has very obviously vertically stretched out the photos she posted to the grid in the green dress. She pulled a Tanya Burr and went even less subtle.

Next, her Instagram story of the dress is captioned: "Emerald is my birth stone, maybe it's no coincidence I'm always drawn to it". If the whole world saw me get proposed to with an emerald ring and dumped 7 months later I'd be a little hesitant to post about the gem stone lol. And it's actually my birth stone too!
yes, her forehead looks ridiculously long!

Reactions: 4

Sounds like this stone is the bearer of bad luck. She needs to be careful or she might break a leg or a nail wearing that emerald dress.

Reactions: 2
I do wonder what she'd be like without the influence of her superficial sexist grandmother. I'm just imagining her grandma telling her to get cosmetic procedures to get a man, as if that's all that matters.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
She definitely thinks she the hottest and coolest of her friend group so no wonder she is jealous of them being in relationships. At this age, I would hope she had outgrown jealously, but I guess not. She is the worst of her friend group and that’s saying a lot!

Reactions: 11
6B1F83F1-EAA1-4F04-95D8-48E8504261E3.jpeg

Tell you’re bitter without telling us you’re bitter… “I’m loving my single life / I’m in a very happy place / I’ve never felt more loved in my life” Ok, whatever you say Nims.

I’m also still laughing at the idea she’s actually read a book. As if.

• Haha
If she was truly happy, why would she bother posting a long paragraph about it? Is she trying to convince us or convince herself?

She says there's not enough posts about "single joy". That's because truly happy singletons don't bother writing a long paragraph to tell the whole world they're happy. They're too busy living life. Her post clearly shows she's bothered by all those pictures of couples on IG.

Galivanting around London and Marbella masks-less in pretty dresses with fake friends around you is hardly proof of any happiness. Compensation, more so.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
When people talk like that, it indicates that they obviously see being partnered up as the norm, the way life should naturally be, so much that it doesn’t require special terms or a book to guide you through it….. while ‘single’ is a total aberration in status, unnatural, one that you must force yourself to grin and bear somehow until you can write a condescending Instagram paragraph about how you did it, you totally were sInGLe for one whole year of your adult life! I mean, who cares? I understand learning to deal with a big breakup, especially an engagement ending… but if you see singlehood itself as some strange existence to battle your way through, that’s an indication that something has gone wrong in your mindset. (Most likely you’ve been in near nonstop relationships from your teens through your adult womanhood, or you’ve placed an insane amount of value on being seen as one half of a couple). Ultimately, being ‘single’ isn’t being anything, it’s just existing as you and you alone. Shouldn’t being in a serious relationship be more unusual or in need of guidance?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Also, she had that belief, once you get a ring, you just catch the "fish" for life. You know what I mean ? She does not actually understand that BOTH sides need to work on the relationship and commit to mutual discussions. Being transparent, LISTENING and understanding each other . Married or not.
It goes the same with friendships.
She can't be even bothered to build real relationships with her so called close friends ( well like one but charlotte passing her Joey was like major wtf for me)
I see a problem with the relationship with her and herself and the constant seeking of approval from judging grandma terrina.
She grew up for sure with the imagine that only the look and glamor counts. Without it you are nothing and you achieve nothing . So be beautiful and show it !!

Reactions: 13
Terrina - I can't get over this name. Yuck. Imagine being plant based an having a grand-mother whose name basically sounds like terrine.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Terrina - I can't get over this name. Yuck. Imagine being plant based an having a grand-mother whose name basically sounds like terrine.
Haha yeah right ? I said that before.
She just scares me to the core . I would not wanna be next the her as from the photos I see piercing eyes of judgment .

But in overall, niomi would be more relevant if she would said from the beginning that she is not ok, not selling her journaling healing and moon path BS, just to switch to constant reminders she is single and so totally fine while having a breakdown with poll dancing on a yacht and edgy get away with her meat loving PT. Yes niomi you are extremely fine...

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.