Niomi Smart #19 It’s not sustainable but I love it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
^ So true, she only hates the word "influencer" because she is one. She's basically a billboard selling ADs barely disguised as organic content, no wonder she's not very happy and has to pretend that she is to sell more stuff. I think this joke of a job is all wrong for her, she might be an airhead but some actual hard work would probably give her an actual sense of self and accomplishment.

What the hell is this lol, Yoga with Liberace?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I think she is doing the pose 🤷‍♀️ once again trapped in the bathroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Good grief. She is an influencer whether she wants to accept it or not. She’s not selling things for the fun of it, is she? She isn’t authentic at all, everything is scripted or curated. Showing off your highlights on social media is fine, everyone does it, but to say that she’s being authentic on social media when she disappeared for weeks and then came back to only do ads... that’s not being authentic.

I do think that people are allowed their privacy online, but when your job is literally sharing your life then I think the hardships should be addressed in some way rather than glossed over as she did, then you could call it ‘authentic’. It’s obvious there were problems, you could see it in her videos, but she was pretending everything was hunky dory when it wasn’t, and that’s not being authentic.

Reactions: 18
Whaaaaat? Hair like straw, bashed up teeth, big RED bag????? AND her voice........unrecognisable!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think those who have said Niomi is anti-therapy could be right. She sells a life where "optimum" nutrition* and exercise solve your problems. Good food and exercise are great for body and mind, but they don't treat trauma the way therapy can.

*It's debatable as to whether this exists or is possible for the average joe (sorry, couldn't resist).

Reactions: 13
I think those who have said Niomi is anti-therapy could be right. She sells a life where "optimum" nutrition* and exercise solve your problems. Good food and exercise are great for body and mind, but they don't treat trauma the way therapy can.

*It's debatable as to whether this exists or is possible for the average joe (sorry, couldn't resist).
yeah if she was suddenly going to and promoting therapy, then it would show that her whole "WELLNESS / SELF-LOVE / PLANT-BASED" bs isn't a cure-all. Wellness+self-love are enough only when life is easy-breasy and when everything is going right

Reactions: 11
I can’t really believe the gall of this woman tbh, how many times she’s implied she’s better than other influencers - aka her colleagues, who all leave gushing comments on her photos and vice versa - she’s absolutely no better than any of them. She was flogging a fricking mop not too long ago for crying out loud. It’s actually laughable she thinks she isn’t an influencer. Basically just means modern day internet sales person.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
You can elevate something by technique, Niomi lacks that, she has to rely on her eh looks and her body. Yawn.

Reactions: 6
Honestly if she's not putting up the "holier than thou" act i wouldnt mind her just being a regular, basic influencer -i mean what are the other options for her?

At least some other influencers have taken to posting "ad break" on their stories before they post them. To me that is a lot more "authentic" and honest than any of the stuff she does.
Just because content of your life and ads constantly intermingle doesn't mean it's organic, real, honest or genuine. What would be a refreshing video to see is someone saying they will consciously only use things and products that they themselves paid for. Eliminate all the gifted, sponsored stuff and see what is the stuff they actually had to pay for and realize how many of their every day things other people paid for. I would watch that.
In Niomi's case I would wager that not a lot is left.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
At least some other influencers have taken to posting "ad break" on their stories before they post them. To me that is a lot more "authentic" and honest than any of the stuff she does.
Just because content of your life and ads constantly intermingle doesn't mean it's organic, real, honest or genuine. What would be a refreshing video to see is someone saying they will consciously only use things and products that they themselves paid for. Eliminate all the gifted, sponsored stuff and see what is the stuff they actually had to pay for and realize how many of their every day things other people paid for. I would watch that.
In Niomi's case I would wager that not a lot is left.
I have more respect for influencers who openly admit to sponsors, are proud of a particular brand working with them, who tell you when a link is an affiliate link and use ad breaks. They actually treat being an influencer as a job - and show the work ethic behind it. I've seen some influencers/instagrammers who are genuinely creative and put a lot of work into campaigns they do.

The problem with Niomi is that she has zero work ethic and zero consistency to what she does. She could never compete with people who actually put the work in. Been sent a free pair of knitted knickers or a mop? Get the photographer over to the flat, strike a pose and that's work for the day. Her brand is being lazy. She's a lazy influencer - and it says a lot about her that she doesn't like being called an influencer.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
So confused, I keep seeing her in an origins advert. Has she given up with her skincare brand? Seems like an odd thing to endorse unless you are just in it for the money?

Reactions: 4
So confused, I keep seeing her in an origins advert. Has she given up with her skincare brand? Seems like an odd thing to endorse unless you are just in it for the money?
how many other skincare products has she advertised since she launched her own?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
🤔 it's strange isn't it, obviously Niomi is in it for the humanitarian work yet it's just not adding up.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
how many other skincare products has she advertised since she launched her own?!
Authentic in her vocabulary means I will advert whatever they pay me even other skincare brands 🤦‍♀️ she has no respect for her own brand

• Heart
Authentic in her vocabulary means I will advert whatever they pay me even other skincare brands 🤦‍♀️ she has no respect for her own brand
it is just so embarassing, do gleam have no prospect of future longevity of her brand?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.