Niomi Smart #19 It’s not sustainable but I love it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey sorry I'm late to the party here but could anyone give me some context on the references people have made to Anna being cruel to cats?
she posted a video of her in a car with her kitten not in a carrier or anything just running around and looking scared

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Niomi says she only shares things she is super passionate about and how authenticity is key. People notice when it's not the real deal and when you only do it because you want to sell something.
This is the most basic witch marketing crap imaginable.

Marketing is far more nuanced and complex than this. "Authenticity" is an empty buzz word (ironically it used to be used by industry twats who couldn't figure out how a working class image could be successful. Being poor is, indeed, authentic). People can always tell when you're selling something; the trick is to make them not care.

Reactions: 16
This is the most basic witch marketing crap imaginable.

Marketing is far more nuanced and complex than this. "Authenticity" is an empty buzz word (ironically it used to be used by industry twats who couldn't figure out how a working class image could be successful. Being poor is, indeed, authentic). People can always tell when you're selling something; the trick is to make them not care.
Yes! I think there are some no-brainer situations - like any influencer who tries to sell an Android when they're all walking around with the latest iPhone. It's clearly not genuine.

Reactions: 17
tbh I wonder why influencers are so sketchy about whether something is an ad or not - do they get more/better deals based on how discreetly they manage to do it because that seems like it wouldn't be legal? i don't really care if people take ad deals for anything so long as they give full disclosure (and it's nothing that's going to be actively harmful to the consumer), i don't think many would care if that ad money allowed them to make real content but the main issue really is this ongoing trend of creators merging ads with content because i guess they think we're stupid and they can't be bothered to do something that doesn't result in immediate payment? imagine if you purchased a magazine and the entire thing was advertorials.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
she posted a video of her in a car with her kitten not in a carrier or anything just running around and looking scared
To be fair that was her sister and her sister's cat. Not sure if Anna was present for that one. But it was appalling. The poor kitten was on the dashboard in the car while it was driving walking around and looking scared as can be. And then in another video Anna held the kitten when it was obvious it didn't want to be there whatsoever.

tbh I wonder why influencers are so sketchy about whether something is an ad or not - do they get more/better deals based on how discreetly they manage to do it because that seems like it wouldn't be legal? i don't really care if people take ad deals for anything so long as they give full disclosure (and it's nothing that's going to be actively harmful to the consumer), i don't think many would care if that ad money allowed them to make real content but the main issue really is this ongoing trend of creators merging ads with content because i guess they think we're stupid and they can't be bothered to do something that doesn't result in immediate payment? imagine if you purchased a magazine and the entire thing was advertorials.
I had to stop the podcast after about 15 minutes because I couldn't take it anymore.
I completely agree with you. People can post ads if they want to as long as it's disclosed properly.
I also appreciate when influencers say that they were approached by a brand first and then looked into it, thought it was nice and then did the ad. Instead of the "I was already using the product anyways, so it was the perfect fit". Sometimes that might be the truth and then other times people do it so damn often that I don't trust any thing they say anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Did someone already listen to the podcast?
I will give it a whirl and report back.

Ok, so she says how she got into YouTube and how she was "there from the beginning" which is a bunch of bull. She saw that Marcus and all of his friends were successfully doing it and then jumped on the bandwagon. At least she admits that she "kind of fell into it".

Then they talk about how sometimes you feel silly doing yoga poses in the street or similar things but with time you feel better about it and get better at doing this. And Niomi talks about how she is now so much more bubbly and open than she was before and how she was very vulnerable the last few months. If that is bubbly and open........
If anything to me her content has become more stiff and controlled with the years.

Now they're talking how important it is to be authentic in the things you show and promote. Niomi says she only shares things she is super passionate about and how authenticity is key. People notice when it's not the real deal and when you only do it because you want to sell something. She says integrity is the main thing for her and she's glad she created her whole brand around these values. Say what? Let's rewind the last few months and look at how many of her posts, videos and stories were either sponsored or gifted or from her own brand, shall we?
The absolute lack of self awareness is what is so stunning to me
You mean OUTRIGHT LYING!!🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She is more bubbly and open?! Who posted a video whining all the time about how things are awful because of the pandemic? Open because of posing in underwear/swimming suit all the time ?
She switches the narrative adapting to different events She is invited. Zero authenticity or consistency at all.

Reactions: 13
Listening to the podcast. The host talks about her own breakup and how it forced her to really look inwards and work on her own problems so she can be healthier in the next relationship. Niomi agrees and says she's "so grateful" this happened to her as it forced her to grow as a person. The host asks what Niomi learnt about herself from looking inward, and instead of finding a fault, Niomi's answer is "I never realised how strong of a person I am." 🙄

Host also says she personally is much calmer due to a combination of yoga, meditiation, and therapy. Niomi says yeah, yoga and meditation are great! Doesn't even acknowledge the T word. Do you think she would see therapy as a failure or form of weakness? Because girl really needs some. Nothing herbal tea and sleep spray can't fix eh Noiomi?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Listening to the podcast. The host talks about her own breakup and how it forced her to really look inwards and work on her own problems so she can be healthier in the next relationship. Niomi agrees and says she's "so grateful" this happened to her as it forced her to grow as a person. The host asks what Niomi learnt about herself from looking inward, and instead of finding a fault, Niomi's answer is "I never realised how strong of a person I am." 🙄
She is SO obnoxious it's laughable at this point 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Host also says she personally is much calmer due to a combination of yoga, meditiation, and therapy. Niomi says yeah, yoga and meditation are great! Doesn't even acknowledge the T word. Do you think she would see therapy as a failure or form of weakness? Because girl really needs some. Nothing herbal tea and sleep spray can't fix eh Noiomi?
I have a feeling she has some really negative biases towards therapy, probably sees it as a failure. It would simply not fit in with her amazing lifestyle that’s filled with #gifted tea, half-assed yoga (is she even doing something with that certification?) and meditation, though I really can’t imagine her taking the latter all that seriously. I think she would be ashamed to even admit seeing a therapist.

Reactions: 17
Niomi thinks she is authentic because she picks the greenwashed, expensive or posh version of things to shill. Advertising a rose gold refillable deoderant doesn't make her more authentic or morally better than someone advertising Sure deodorant, but she believes it does.
1000% spot on

Reactions: 7
Still listening. She said she would never in a million years call herself an influencer and she hates being called that, she doesn't want to be known as one because it has negative connotations. Never mind that the negative connotations are absolutely true and accurate to what she posts. She thinks she doesnt fall into that bracket because there is more “depth” to her content. Yes really. Then she said she would instead call herself a content creator, author and founder.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
I wish I could ask her about her mop ad every time she says something that implies she’s better than others. If she’s being called an influencer and she’s aware of negative connotations why can’t she just connect the dots??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Still listening. She said she would never in a million years call herself an influencer and she hates being called that, she doesn't want to be known as one because it has negative connotations. Never mind that the negative connotations are absolutely true and accurate to what she posts. She thinks she doesnt fall into that bracket because there is more “depth” to her content. Yes really. Then she said she would instead call herself a content creator, author and founder.
Yep, she hates accurate descriptions of what things are, too flippin bad Niomi. Maybe it has something to do with her last name which is the exact opposite of what she is. She's against substance but all for appearances.

Reactions: 13
Oh lord, okay I have a few things that are burning a hole in my chest right now:

First, I’m glad she’s SoOoOo passionate about mops, that’s great.

Second, WHY would anyone in their right mind and sound body take trauma advice from a woman who is dealing with her own in the most unhealthy, denying, and stifling way??? Girlie to this day cannot bring herself to utter the words break-up or ex-fiancé. All she does is sit in the bath and pretend everything is pahfect and Gosh, she is just so strong! 🙌🏼 The way to healing of course is NOT therapy, no no! It’s denial and repression of true feelings ☺ You heard it here first, folks, don’t thank me

Third, she hates being thought of as an influencer because she KNOWS she is one. She’s insecure as hell about being a human billboard. She knows in her heart of hearts that her “job” comes down to shilling product for cash; she’s a glamorized version of a man in a big coat who comes up to you in the dark alley, opens his big ole coat and it’s full of tacky watches. The only way she can handle being a cheap telemarketer is by assigning some sort of false ethos to what she does — ONLY things I am REALLY passionate about!!! (Read: mop, deodorant).

There are so many more things I want to say, but I need to go lower my blood pressure before I explode 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.