Niomi Smart #17 I’m not an influencer! But please buy these vitamins and mop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm, that transcript of the ‘i’M nOt aN iNfLuEnZa’ video that @palmer posted is very interesting (I’ve never watched the video, couldn’t bear to). So, here’s my spitball.

It really does seem like it was in a business context that Niomi was likened to other influencers and she didn’t like it because she’s created this little narrative for herself that she’s ‘making a difference and helping her followers’ (🙄🙄🙄 x1000). I also never knew she ramped up to discussing Stupidskin at the end. That also makes it feel like the whole damn thing was a marketing ploy to dupe her her followers ahead of her skincare line launching. Something along the lines of, ‘I’m not an influencer, I don’t just sell to you without discernment. So, you must know then that my skincare line is not just another influencer line, it’s special. I care about you, we’re a community. Vegan vegan vegan.’

I’ve said this before, but I do not think Joe or his family had a problem with the self-promotion or selling part of her job. His father might be an OBE and Niomi might’ve thought they were the poshest in all the land, but they’re really not and Sir Clive is a MASSIVE fan of self-promotion. And Joe himself works/worked in marketing (plus, potentially, might be dating a marketer of influencers?—not exactly heading in the right direction if he or his family has a problem with influencer culture). Joe definitely seemed to have a problem with being on camera and having their relationship on display, but I don’t think he (or Fredward) had a problem as such with her making a ridiculous amount of money, getting them sponsored trips all over et cetera by selling random tit (whether or not he appreciated that the latter requires the whoring out of the former is moot).

With that said though, @Shutterbug99 is right, Niomi certainly seems to have greatly upped her ads since the breakup. Since I don’t think Joe had a problem with that part of her job and I thus don’t think she’s doing it to spite him or because she’s ‘free from his influence’ in that respect, I’m going to suggest a different, more sinister reason for it. Interest in her (of which this forum, which was previously as dead as her scarecrow hair, is a prime example) increased significantly in the wake of the breakup. I mean, the clicks on her Instagram must have SKYROCKETED, video views, likes, comments et cetera notwithstanding. I think she quite simply decided to capitalise on that. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think she’s not hurting about the breakup, she clearly is, but I think she decided she might has well benefit from the attention and rake it in. Whether the increased attention actually results in sales I cannot say. The fact that she has been and still is haemorrhaging followers, as well as the (lack of) performance for Stupidskin might suggest not, that the interest in her now is largely negative or at least ambivalent, but be that as it may it seems, to me, that she has tried to leverage the breakup attention.

TL;DR: I do think Joe did not enjoy being on camera or having their relationship pimped out for views and it may even have been a point of contention in their relationship, but I don’t think he minded the selling (and associated benefits) part of her being an ‘influencer’. I agree with Palmer that the ‘nOt aN iNfLuEnZa’ video was business-related and I reckon her increased number of ads since the breakup is a calculated decision based on the increased attention she has received.

Whatever the case may be, whether the video and the ironically increased ads were a personal or business decision, Niomi chose the absolute WORST time to embrace being an influencer and start posting a spammy level of ads. As we know, the pandemic saw the rise of a big pushback against influencer culture, with a great many people realising what unnecessary, useless leeches on society influencers are. A ‘Smart’ (LOL) influencer would have cut back on ads in 2020, not the opposite. I can’t figure out if Niomi’s just that unaware, that she didn’t know this, or if she’s so deluded that she buys her own bullshit and thinks she and the ‘helpful’ crap she sells are somehow set apart from other influencers and the stuff they sell and that it thus does not apply to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She was always such a bore, with Joe's family, on brand trips, Gleam party etc. "Everyone is hanging out tonight but I'm so tired from my 6am yoga" "Everyone's enjoying the gleam party but I'm trying to upload my vlast minute vlog" "the girls are going out but I haven't exercised in a day so I need to wake up early and hit the gym so I need an early night". Like I'm not exactly a party animal either but she always isolated herself and stopped herself participating in things because of her diet/exercise.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
I just watched the moving in vlog and her mother send her flowers and signed it "Mummy ( Verity)" lol.. how odd! She has more than one mom?
I think it’s because the flowers are to Niomi and Joe? And she isn’t Joe’s Mum so to him she’s Verity. My Mum always does the same on stuff she addresses to me and my partner 😂 even though he obviously knows she’s not his Mum idk 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 20
That old vlogmas made me so sad!

What I’d give to be in a busy restaurant, during winter, packed in and happily singing and then off travelling so see another household without a second thought 😭😭😭

off topic but that life seems so far away right now

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
What is with her insane contempt for bread and the constant need to specify it’s not hers??? God forbid someone thinks for a second that she could have a tiny crumb!! 🥲😱 why is she soooo insecure 🥴
Anyone remember during lockdown when Joe ate some crumbs of bread that they made. Not only did he check to see if she was looking before he ate it but she then made a big deal when editing to say she caught him, I mean WTF

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Am I misremembering or did she not also make popcorn in a video and then hid it somewhere ON THE FLOOR to keep it away from him until it was ‘time to eat the popcorn’?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
The one I always remember is when they were in lockdown and Joe wanted a snack, but he had to like, crouch down and hide behind the cupboard door and she still found him eating.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
The one I always remember is when they were in lockdown and Joe wanted a snack, but he had to like, crouch down and hide behind the cupboard door and she still found him eating.
Wow, all this sounds great. I can't wait for Niomi to completely duck up her children, if she has them.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Wow she's so controlling and toxic.
To whomever still wonders why Joe didn't say anything and just adjusted to Niomi's ways, sometimes you aren't really aware when it happens and suddenly you wake up and realise you were being controlled for months already. It's absolutely an awful feeling and very difficult for the self esteem to. I've had this kind of relationship with my mom and even though I considered myself a strong person I've been under her control for years without even realising it until eventually I did and decided to move out and limit our contact. The problem is I don't think Niomi (and my mom) realises she is this way or maybe she just doesn't want to realise it and she will continue hurting people that way.

Reactions: 32
I think it is actually reasonable that someone who eats PB might not want meat in their home but in that case why get engaged to a carnivore 🤷🏻‍♀️
Exactly! Niomi put pretty-boy looks and status over her actual values when choosing Joey. She needs to figure out what she really wants from a life partner. I always thought she really didn't mind others not eating plant based, since she wasn't in it for the ethics. But if there is a disorder going on, that explains a lot. A personality disorder will override everything.

Reactions: 10
Why is Fredward eating a pizza by himself while Joe & Niomi eat curry? I didn’t watch the whole video, but kinda rude to get a pizza takeaway at someone’s house who is cooking.

But also makes me wonder, whilst living at Fred’s apartment it would have been a similar situation every night. Joe watching Fred eat normal dinners every night in hunger…

The night they broke up they were having vegan burgers, maybe there was an argument previously about Joe wanting to eat with Fred? So Niomi cooked him her safe version of burgers?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Wow she's so controlling and toxic.
To whomever still wonders why Joe didn't say anything and just adjusted to Niomi's ways, sometimes you aren't really aware when it happens and suddenly you wake up and realise you were being controlled for months already. It's absolutely an awful feeling and very difficult for the self esteem to. I've had this kind of relationship with my mom and even though I considered myself a strong person I've been under her control for years without even realising it until eventually I did and decided to move out and limit our contact. The problem is I don't think Niomi (and my mom) realises she is this way or maybe she just doesn't want to realise it and she will continue hurting people that way.
Yeah it seems extremely obvious to me that it was a classic 'frog in the pot' situation here. She sold him a relationship based on many lies about her personality and lifestyle. She went from being happy for him to eat what he wanted, go to food places that weren't just health cafes, do her own exercise without making him do it, to forcing him to eat plant based (not only that but her limited 'version' of PB eating) not even allowed snacks or toast, forcing him to get up early to go on a run then left him behind when injured etc etc...if this was the other way around everyone would've been screeching about abusive behaviour and rightly so. But because he's a man for some reason people are like 'he should've been more resilient to it'. Yeah...that's really not how this works.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
What? Can someone post in here pls??
I’m sorry, I don’t remember which video it was. I tried finding it now, checked a few videos (probably giving her some ad revenue in the process as I don’t have ad blocker 🤮), but I can’t find it. Does anyone else perhaps have an idea? I’m 99% sure it was pre-February 2019 (don’t ask the sad reason why I know this).

Reactions: 4
Am I misremembering or did she not also make popcorn in a video and then hid it somewhere ON THE FLOOR to keep it away from him until it was ‘time to eat the popcorn’?
Omg yes she put it on the floor behind the dining table and put a tea towel on top of the bowl!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
It's this one around 18:00
OMG, thank you! The more I thought about it, the more I thought *I* was going mad and had dreamt it or something because it’s so absolutely ludicrous. But nope, just Nimsy being bonkers. Hiding it on the floor (hygienic!) so Joe will stop eating it! ON THE FLOOR.

My best is Joe saying they should just forget about the soup and have popcorn for dinner instead. I love soup, but looking at that bland, soggy bowl of vegetables she served as soup I’d rather have had the popcorn too. Still, at least they had approximately 1.178 slices of bread with the ‘soup’.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.