Niomi Smart #16 Why am I hungry I had a banana, and why is Freddie following Anna?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Anna is trying to "mark her territory" with Joe, that strikes me as soo immature and a high school thing. Like girl, he was ENGAGED to Niomi/lived with her for like four years. I mean obviously Joe dumped her (...) but I'm sorry, Anna is clearly a rebound?

At the same time, I still think there's a strong possibility that Anna is dating Freddie. They seem more on the same level energy-wise, and maybe Joe is just always around because he has nothing else to do right now lol.

Niomi is definitely in a privilege bubble. Honestly, in her world she's probably the "poor" one, so she probably doesn't see the things she says as offensive in the same way we do. Not excusing them, I just think that's her reality. But she should really take it upon herself to look around a bit more, it's very easy to see all of the people struggling right now, and her inability to look outside of herself is pretty sickening.

I agree with whoever said that they're all awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Someone commented on her video that they are disappointed that she says the "media has been fearmongering" about Covid.... Oh dear. I wouldn't be surprised if Niomi was susceptible to conspiracies such as "Plandemic" and Qanon...anything to "make sense" of it as she is seeming so lost right now.

Reactions: 18
I don't think Niomi was trying to be insensitive when she discussed her current living situation.
She wasn’t trying to be intensive, she just naturally is insensitive. It's clear that's just who she is at this point. Her behavior over the past 7 months has shown just how ignorant, self-centered, and out-of-touch with really she is. This video, along with the rest of her content as of late, is just another illustration of it. I don't recall her ever acknowledging other people's difficulties throughout this pandemic? Every time she's addressed the situation (which has been a rare occurrence in itself as she's mostly been acting like nothing was happening at all), it was always about her. In December she was all "I'm so exhausted, I'm so overworked, typical me teeheeee I've taken on too many things all at once;" now it's "I'm so bored, every day is the same, I'm stuck here with my mom." When has she ever mentioned people losing their jobs, people not being able to see their families for a whole year, people dying, students being left behind, essential workers being under strain, people having to juggle working from home and child care all at the same time? Meanwhile, her financial situation has been intact, she's gotten to see friends and family on a daily basis all year long (by breaking the rules), she has a large mansion to stay in with plenty of space to exercise/work/relax, she has a large garden that allows her to go outside and get some fresh air everyday, and she has no one else to take care of but herself. I really don't think she realizes how good she has it compared to 99.999999% of the population. She legitimately thinks being single is equivalent to the situations I described above.

And because she genuinely believes her situation is similar to the rest of us (cue "we're all in this together," "we're all in the same boat"), because she believes her life is oh so terrible just because she's been dumped, she thinks it's appropriate to talk at us and tell us how we should feel / how we should cope / how we should deal with everything going on. As someone above rightfully pointed out, she gives so much unsolicited advice and it frankly comes across incredibly tone-deaf, sanctimonious, and just offensive. She keeps saying "I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I think this is the final hurdle, we just need to power through and soon we'll get back to normal life." That might be the case for her but it literally won't be for millions of people? People have lost their livelihood, people have lost their family members, people have lost everything--it's not going to all just come back the minute lockdown is lifted? These comments just show the extent to which she doesn't get it. Not to mention, I swear every single video includes some kind of self-love spiel at this point. Every single one. I don't quite know how to describe it, but every time she goes on these rants it sounds like she's trying to make it out like the advice applies for everyone, every situation, when it's actually clear it's only relevant for breakup type of situations? It was the same in her instagram live with that woman the other day. She throws these big words around like they are relevant for any type of hardship, but in reality it's so relationship focused. Practicing self-love and putting myself first is not going to solve anything as regards the fact that my parents are on the brink of eviction due to severe financial struggles, that I'm basically supporting my entire family and myself, that I have my own student loans to pay off, and that I haven't seen my family in a year and a half? It sounds like she’s constantly in her own mind and comes up with these wanna-be inspirational thoughts, which she thinks are groundbreaking but really just lack any kind of depth. I'm sorry but she's just so dim, complete airhead who thinks she's some kind of intellectual. I can't stand it anymore.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I’m 32 and living with the parents and probably on about 10% of her salary, she needs to get in the real world. They say money can’t buy happiness but it makes your life a hell lot more easy and comfortable.
If she couldn’t afford facials ,getting her hair done, buying designer clothes then she would be really miserable. This is only a short term problem for her!
yeh exactly, obviously no one thinks money can buy happiness as such, but not having it, having to stress about how to pay rent and bills has a huge negative effect, not having these concerns automatically does make life easier, just one less worry

• Heart
Reactions: 14
At the same time, I still think there's a strong possibility that Anna is dating Freddie. They seem more on the same level energy-wise, and maybe Joe is just always around because he has nothing else to do right now lol.
yeah i'm starting to think this. They uploaded the same photo when it snowed, and looks like she was round at their flat last night (plus someone said Joe had moved out). Hmm. Anyone know if Freddie wears a pinky ring, as he could be the mystery man in Anna's october photo.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Every time she's addressed the situation (which has been a rare occurrence in itself), it was always about her.
Yes!! It's actually quite clever (for her) because what she actually says a lot is 'this has been hard for us all' and similar. So, if you're a fan or you're viewing her charitably, she's making it sound like a) she cares about 'all of us' and b) she's acknowledging other people's suffering. But actually..knowing what she's like, placing it in the full context, what she's saying is 'hey guys this is hard on me too! I miss cocktails and seeing my pahfect frahnds and that's just as hard as you losing your Mum to COVID and you not being able to afford to feed your kids and that's The Same because don't forget it's hard for us all!' She clearly does not give a tit about anything else going on. Like I said earlier I don't think she is wrong or bad to be down about what she's missing out on, and I agree with QueenBW that depression and anxiety affects everyone regardless of their social/financial status. But she has a choice not to keep harping on about her situation that is comparably much much more favourable than most others, and she's choosing to keep going on about herself. Says a lot I think.

Reactions: 13
She wasn’t trying to be intensive, she just naturally is insensitive. It's clear that's just who she is at this point. Her behavior over the past 7 months has shown just how ignorant, self-centered, and out-of-touch with really she is. This video, along with the rest of her content as of late, is just another illustration of it. I don't recall her ever acknowledging other people's difficulties throughout this pandemic? Every time she's addressed the situation (which has been a rare occurrence in itself as she's mostly been acting like nothing was happening at all), it was always about her. In December she was all "I'm so exhausted, I'm so overworked, typical me teeheeee I've taken on too many things all at once;" now it's "I'm so bored, every day is the same, I'm stuck here with my mom." When has she ever mentioned people losing their jobs, people not being able to see their families for a whole year, people dying, students being left behind, essential workers being under strain, people having to juggle working from home and child care all at the same time? Meanwhile, her financial situation has been intact, she's gotten to see friends and family on a daily basis all year long (by breaking the rules), she has a large mansion to stay in with plenty of space to exercise/work/relax, she has a large garden that allows her to outside and get some fresh air everyday, and she has no one else to take care of but herself. I really don't think she realizes how good she has it compared to 99.999999% of the population. She legitimately thinks being single is equivalent to the situations I described above.

And because she genuinely believes her situation is similar to the rest of us (cue "we're all in this together," "we're all in the same boat"), because she believes her life is oh so terrible just because she's been dumped, she thinks it's appropriate to talk at us and tell us how we should feel / how we should cope / how we should deal with everything going on. As someone above rightfully pointed out, she gives so much unsolicited advice and it frankly comes across incredibly tone-deaf, sanctimonious, and just offensive. She keeps saying "I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I think this is the final hurdle, we just need to power through and soon we'll get back to normal life." That might be the case for her but it literally won't be for millions of people? People have lost their livelihood, people have lost their family members, people have lost everything--it's not going to all just come back the minute lockdown is lifted? These comments just show the extent to which she doesn't get it. Not to mention, I swear every single video includes some kind of self-love spiel at this point. Every single one. I don't quite know how to describe it, but every time she goes on these rants it sounds like she's trying to make it out like the advice applies for everyone, every situation, when it's actually clear it's only relevant for breakup type of situations? It was the same in her instagram live with that woman the other day. She throws these big words around like they are relevant for any type of hardship, but in reality it's so relationship focused. Practicing self-love and putting myself first is not going to solve anything as regards the fact that my parents are on the brink of eviction due to severe financial struggles, that I'm basically supporting my entire family and myself, that I have my own student loans to pay off, and that I haven't seen my family in a year and a half? It sounds like she’s constantly in her own mind and comes up with these wanna-be inspirational thoughts, which she thinks are groundbreaking but really just lack any kind of depth. I'm sorry but she's just so dim, complete airhead who thinks she's some kind of intellectual. I can't stand it anymore.
exactly, all she means by "back to normal" is her being able to go to pilates classes and get comped holidays/meals. She would never be able to cope with what you and millions of others are facing because of this crisis
I hope things get better for you soon ❤

• Heart
As someone who grew up in the care system, I wish I had parents that I could just go live with, just a support network in life when things crash down because I know that if I lose everything, then I'm on my own. Complaining that you're whatever age living with your parents Naomi is the epitome of privilege, you have people who love you so much they let you stay in their house without a question and yet you're online complaining about it? Just grow up and gain some prospective about your life, it's insulting at this point how ignorant you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Well, there might be a stigma around your situation but something I can share. For 30 years I worked outside the UK/Europe. I lived and worked in cultures where the extended family was EVERYTHING. Living together, multi generational was and is normal. The support structure up and down the age groups was always there. This really aligned with my own values so I loved to see this. They could hardly comprehend that I lived alone and had no family with me. Always the 1st question, 'When is your family coming?'.

When my mum had her stroke, back in the UK, I was there, between contracts. It was a no brainer to become her carer. I am now NEVER on my own and that was quite an adjustment tbh. But, 7 yrs on, it works. I have no career but still get offered great and interesting jobs, like a tantalus!!

Comments I had were interesting. 'Oh, what a bummer. There are some great care homes in the UK. You gave up your life! You'll go mad' blah blah.

Any stigma is ignorance of the cycle of life. You take good care.🤗
That’s such a good perspective, I’d never thought of it like that (of having live in support network). From things that happened to me as a kid I just never saw the positive in anything, but I’m learning to change my frame of mind. Thank you for sharing, and good for you supporting your mum and fighting for her ❤

@palmer you’re spot on with her ‘return to normal’ comments. Anyone who’s been touched by the pandemic and lockdowns will not return to normal, those days right now are long gone. As for fear mongering... it’s a scary situation so obviously the news is going to reflect that. I truly think she probably thought that covid was nothing but a cold hence her hopping around London.

Reactions: 6
Just fast-forwarded through the last video. Wow, her hair looks bad! How did that happen so quickly?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just fast-forwarded through the last video. Wow, her hair looks bad! How did that happen so quickly?
Probably because she isn’t going to the hairdressers every other day for free hair treatments and blow dries.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
As someone who grew up in the care system, I wish I had parents that I could just go live with, just a support network in life when things crash down because I know that if I lose everything, then I'm on my own. Complaining that you're whatever age living with your parents Naomi is the epitome of privilege, you have people who love you so much they let you stay in their house without a question and yet you're online complaining about it? Just grow up and gain some prospective about your life, it's insulting at this point how ignorant you are.
I think this just proves she basically doesn't watch news/anything outside her very priviledged bubble etc.
I have (luckily) been very fortunate with parents who can support me if I need help etc, but even so I would like to think I am very aware that I am VERY lucky because I am aware of other people who do not have this advantage and can see that... her lack of awareness is really unbelievable. If she doesn't have perspective now at this age will she ever?! Even me, as someone who is very priviledged, I find her content offensive, especially seeing as she has broken so many rules.
Just know that you are clearly a more intelligent/strong person than her ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
yeah i'm starting to think this. They uploaded the same photo when it snowed, and looks like she was round at their flat last night (plus someone said Joe had moved out). Hmm. Anyone know if Freddie wears a pinky ring, as he could be the mystery man in Anna's october photo.
I did think this at first and it could totally be true but then why would they be hiding it ( well what we speculate is them hiding it). The photo when it snowed, the dinner table, mystery man photo - which could have been fancy dress hence the ring. It makes more sense for it to be Joe as didnt Anna unfollow Dims, she liked a bunch of photos when they were together but none since they broke up. Also do we know if Joe actually moved out? Seems a bit strange as he just moved all of his stuff in and was planning to be there for at least 18 months...

Reactions: 9
It's one thing to complain about having to move back in with family if it really inconveniences you in some way - for instance, I ended up with my parents in March while we all "worked from home" in our limited house space. And we still have a decent sized house, there's just nowhere for all 3 of us to be that are totally separate rooms where you can't hear when other people are on a call. Having my mom come talk at me EVERY SINGLE TIME she came into the kitchen when I'm trying to work (I've been working at the kitchen table) is frustrating, but that's the kind of situation where I think it's appropriate to say you're annoyed/frustrated but recognize that you've been relatively lightly impacted by the pandemic. Niomi has none of that going on, and isn't living with her parents out of a financial need AT ALL. She thinks whining about it will make her relatable, but it's too easy to see that her situation isn't related to us peasants' situations at all.

• Heart
I did think this at first and it could totally be true but then why would they be hiding it ( well what we speculate is them hiding it). The photo when it snowed, the dinner table, mystery man photo - which could have been fancy dress hence the ring. It makes more sense for it to be Joe as didnt Anna unfollow Dims, she liked a bunch of photos when they were together but none since they broke up. Also do we know if Joe actually moved out? Seems a bit strange as he just moved all of his stuff in and was planning to be there for at least 18 months...
Also, someone on this thread claimed they saw Anna and Joe all over each other in public.

Probably because she isn’t going to the hairdressers every other day for free hair treatments and blow dries.
I'm honestly surprised. She has such thick, strong hair, and she didn't color-treat it for several years and used an iron only a couple of times a week. Now one or two expensive salon lightening procedures turned parts of it into a fried mess. How does this happen?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Also, someone on this thread claimed they saw Anna and Joe all over each other in public.

I'm honestly surprised. She has such thick, strong hair, and she didn't color-treat it for several years and used an iron only a couple of times a week. Now one or two expensive salon lightening procedures turned parts of it into a fried mess. How does this happen?
Maybe not enough SELF LOVE!!😜🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Her hair was always quite frizzy naturally. Back when she was with Marcus it looked exactly like that. I actually didn’t like her hair at all back then (though a lot of it had to do with that horrid blonde color). In recent years she seemed to have found products to address this, achieving a more sleek/silky look and her hair looked really good. But it looks like her recent balayages may have brought out her natural frizzy texture / she hasn’t been doing whatever she was doing to her hair previously, and now she looks like a scarecrow again.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.