Niomi Smart #16 Why am I hungry I had a banana, and why is Freddie following Anna?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just her latest AD, I mean 'routine video' and was so distracted by the decor in that house!! The black and white mural on one wall with some butterflies on another and the faux aged whitewashed furniture and ceiling. I know it's super bitchy but I guess money really can't buy you taste.
I agree, her family has astoundingly bad taste. They dress okay, but their house looks super trashy. Every photo taken there gives me big cringes.

Reactions: 21
I feel the same way about that. I turn 40 at the end of the year and I’m still at home due to mental health reasons for which I finally got help for last year after a breakdown at the end of 2019. In the middle of 2020 I felt I’d made so much progress and was in the best mental space I’ve ever been in and started to feel that I had a future, but then I was made redundant and now any plans I may have been forming have came crashing down.

I realise I’m in a lucky position that I don’t have to worry about keeping a roof over my head on my own, but it does feel as if there’s a stigma around it. I understand that everyone has a right to feel about their situation the way they do, but when I hear ‘ugh, I had to move back in with my mum’ I bristle at it. I get what she’s saying about missing her old routines, but I’m sure a lot of people out there in dire straits would love to be in her position right now.

Anyway, that’s my rant for the day.
Well, there might be a stigma around your situation but something I can share. For 30 years I worked outside the UK/Europe. I lived and worked in cultures where the extended family was EVERYTHING. Living together, multi generational was and is normal. The support structure up and down the age groups was always there. This really aligned with my own values so I loved to see this. They could hardly comprehend that I lived alone and had no family with me. Always the 1st question, 'When is your family coming?'.

When my mum had her stroke, back in the UK, I was there, between contracts. It was a no brainer to become her carer. I am now NEVER on my own and that was quite an adjustment tbh. But, 7 yrs on, it works. I have no career but still get offered great and interesting jobs, like a tantalus!!

Comments I had were interesting. 'Oh, what a bummer. There are some great care homes in the UK. You gave up your life! You'll go mad' blah blah.

Any stigma is ignorance of the cycle of life. You take good care.🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I don’t judge anyone living at home. It means you’re fortunate enough to have a family home to go back to. I don’t, so going back home was never an option for me and I financially and emotionally struggled a lot because of it. It bears a lot on your psyche knowing that you don’t have a stable “base” to retreat to. I’m often very envious of people who move back home for whatever reason.
*Don’t let Naomi’s narrow views shame you for that.*

It’s also nigh on impossible to save for a house deposit (especially in the south), without moving back home.

Like others said, Naomi’s success (both her personal perception of what constitutes success and job successes as a blogger) has been defined by the men in her life. Marcus her ex obviously introduced her to blogging and she owes her blogger gig to him almost completely. Since then her romantic life has been a strong part of her paaaahfect brand. She isn’t the strong singleton, she’s the prim-proper-pretty yoga princess with the “perfect” life we should all envy.

She hates being at home in part I imagine, because lockdown inhibits her from being able to find a guy to feed into that narrative.

I also just think she’s one of those girls that have to have a boyfriend.

I don’t think Anna is much different tbh. She seems like a wannabe influencer to me based on her posts.

The trio all seem like pretty shallow people.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Comments I had were interesting. 'Oh, what a bummer. There are some great care homes in the UK. You gave up your life! You'll go mad' blah blah.

Any stigma is ignorance of the cycle of life. You take good care.🤗
I'm really sorry to hear you are going through this. Here you are doing so incredibly much for your mother and in stead of praising you for your kindness, dedication and love for your family they just shame you! That's absolutely awful and you don't deserve this kind of treatment.
People don't understand that to some people giving up on their family members is MUCH worse than giving up a job or a life outside of their family. I wish people would just accept that and show compassion and kindness.
I think you are doing a wonderful job and I hope those kind of nasty comments didn't get to you too much 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I guess she's one of those people who just can't be single.
She was great at being single when she first moved to london. I think that this time around she is heartbroken, and humiliated from being publicly dumped. Compounded by knowing she's been left for another woman is hurting her, and she has to carry on and be normal on the outside. She has pride and doesn't want everyone to see her lying under a weighted blanket wailing that she can't understand when the pain will end and has no appetite. That being said, she has swung too far the other way I to denial.

Flashing her trim bod, she's just trying to feel attractive again. Maybe wanting to grab dr Alex George's eye for bit of sexting??

Overall she is just so ungrateful at the moment and it's leaving a sour taste. She will never get family time like this again, her parents house is spacious and ina beautiful location. They and she are wealthy. She's better off without Joe now, he was wasting her time and she can afford some private talking therapy to help her moving on.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She was great at being single when she first moved to london.
Was she though? Or was she just on the hunt for another boyfriend? How long was she single for?

I had only really heard of Naomi recently and because of tattle so I don’t know.

I think you’re right about her putting on a brave front though.

Reactions: 6
Oh thank you. The second I saw Anna’s story I knew I recognised the table from the other video as I used to have the exact one. Joe certainly isn’t starving now. I wonder how long it took him to kick the vegan diet, my guess is ASAP :ROFLMAO:
Potentially unpopular opinion, but what doe this say about him if he just adopts whatever diet his current squeeze is eating. Does he have a personality of his own, or does he just absorb traits of those around him??

Lastly no way anna eats like that regularly. the whole over indulgent spread reeks of 'I'm the cool girl' she'll be a meal skipper in favour of coffee, vapes or cigarettes a lot of the time so she can be 'seen' to be eating these calorie dense meals. She is posting it to show off and mark her territory! She knows full well if naomi doesn't see it,she'll hear about it from a mutual friend and she wants her to know!

They all seem awful tbh.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm really sorry to hear you are going through this. Here you are doing so incredibly much for your mother and in stead of praising you for your kindness, dedication and love for your family they just shame you! That's absolutely awful and you don't deserve this kind of treatment.
People don't understand that to some people giving up on their family members is MUCH worse than giving up a job or a life outside of their family. I wish people would just accept that and show compassion and kindness.
I think you are doing a wonderful job and I hope those kind of nasty comments didn't get to you too much 💕
Thank you! No, the comments slid off my back. I just got stuck in, learning about neuro plasticity. Found a great neurophysio and set about getting as much mobility back for my 87 year old mum as possible. Bought an adapted Fiat Doblo for her wheelchair which she HATED!!She had always been fiercly independent. BUT I kept my original car so her aim was to learn, with me, how to transfer to the 'normal' car safely. 4 months later da dahhhhh. She was back in the car and we sold the Doblo back.

Other people's perceptions were the interesting part for me. The stroke consultant just literally wrote her off as did their physio team. His sole advice, on leaving hospital was, 'Dial 999 if she relapses' 😳

6 months later, back for her only check up, he passed us 3 times in the reception area because he didn't recognise her-dumbstruck best describes his reaction.

I really now don't think I gave anything up. I have had the chance to get to know my mum- tricky before the stroke. She was brought up not to hug.If anyone went to kiss her cheek at any time, she'd shove them away.After the stroke, the 1st time she said, OK love', I stopped dead in my tracks!Now I can kiss her any time I like.

She's now 94 and dementia is part of the picture- up and down but still a lovely mum.😁

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh, FFS. My motto has always been ‘suffering is relative’, but damn, twats like Niomi have REALLY tested me on that throughout this pandemic.
I think the thing is, that motto makes sense most of the time when we aren’t all in the same horrible situation. People all deal with things in different ways and some people are more affected by things than others. But when we are sitting almost a year into lockdown measures - that Niomi has consistently shown little to no respect for, which is lengthening the whole thing for us all - and she’s in essence whining that she’s missing out on dating, can’t go drinking with her friends and living in Mummy’s mansion boo hoo, it’s hard to feel any sympathy for her. To keep going on about it when people everywhere have dead family members, lost their jobs, on the brink of losing their homes, people have had covid and have long term health issues as a result...it seems in very poor taste. She’s trying to be relatable like ‘lockdown is bad for me too!’ And it’s just totally off the mark. I’m not saying she’s wrong to feel sad about missing out on those things, just that at the moment, it’s hard not to compare people’s situations and it makes the contrast very stark. I’m actually getting tired of hearing influencers moan about covid full stop tbh, most of them have gone on holiday or ignored other rules which is making it all go on longer, and they can all carry on doing their stupid overpaid job from home.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
I feel the same way about that. I turn 40 at the end of the year and I’m still at home due to mental health reasons for which I finally got help for last year after a breakdown at the end of 2019. In the middle of 2020 I felt I’d made so much progress and was in the best mental space I’ve ever been in and started to feel that I had a future, but then I was made redundant and now any plans I may have been forming have came crashing down.

I realise I’m in a lucky position that I don’t have to worry about keeping a roof over my head on my own, but it does feel as if there’s a stigma around it. I understand that everyone has a right to feel about their situation the way they do, but when I hear ‘ugh, I had to move back in with my mum’ I bristle at it. I get what she’s saying about missing her old routines, but I’m sure a lot of people out there in dire straits would love to be in her position right now.

Anyway, that’s my rant for the day.
Hugs to you and @Chattyman321.
I just got stuck in, learning about neuro plasticity. Found a great neurophysio and set about getting as much mobility back for my 87 year old mum as possible.
This has inspired me to do more to help my mum recover from a significant injury she got just over a year ago. It’s 90% better (which to the NHS is enough) but the remaining 10% gives her low level chronic pain and she’s desperate to be able to jog and play golf etc again. I don’t really know why it hadn’t occurred to me to do more research for her on what might help. So thank you for sharing your story, it was really interesting and showed me a different perspective on lots of things.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hugs to you and @Chattyman321.

This has inspired me to do more to help my mum recover from a significant injury she got just over a year ago. It’s 90% better (which to the NHS is enough) but the remaining 10% gives her low level chronic pain and she’s desperate to be able to jog and play golf etc again. I don’t really know why it hadn’t occurred to me to do more research for her on what might help. So thank you for sharing your story, it was really interesting and showed me a different perspective on lots of things.
My pleasure!Well, it can be overwhelming when someone is in a serious medical situation. I think we can definitely do a lot, if we have time, to find out more. The NHS can be good but I felt with my mum her age brought down a kind of barrier. My work always involved operating in situations where a man was expected but it was me who showed up 🤣. I've always been focussed on how to get round negative perceptions, diplomatically, to get the job done. I applied the same approach to my mum's situation. I read and read and read and Pam, the neurophysio, was very helpful. We paid for her, found her, and she was a gold bar. At one point we had 3 different hoists in the house. After 6 months, we gave them all back. I use body balance to 'walk' my mum. I'm her left foot (sounds like a play title) so we can get in and out of bed/wheelchair. It's not conventional but works for us.

If you can find a way to help your mum it would be great. Just caring enough to do it will help her too.🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just had a quick skim of the video - why are so many people saying her hair looks great? Omg, stop the lies 😴 so stripy I’m getting major badger vibes here and somehow I doubt that’s what she was going for

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Does he have a personality of his own, or does he just absorb traits of those around him??

Lastly no way anna eats like that regularly. the whole over indulgent spread reeks of 'I'm the cool girl'
Anna is for sure trying the whole cool girl vibe, her insta is full of it. As for Joe I think he likely felt he had to eat plant based for an easy life, we all saw how she reacted to him wanting toast. We don't know what he ate when not around her but it does show that he lacks some sort of back bone, what man is happy to eat endless meals without carbs, when they were use to eating it before.

I do feel somewhat sorry for her though, it's bad enough when you get dumped but for it to happen when your engaged and publicly...just think of Jen and Brad it took her years to get over

Reactions: 13
I don't think Niomi was trying to be insensitive when she discussed her current living situation. It must be hard to be away from your home "base" and your closest friends. I think there are a lot of people who could relate to that sentiment as much as there are people who can't relate. She did say she was lucky. It's okay to at the same time be grateful for one thing whilst also missing something else.

I didn't enjoy the AD in her latest video though. Or her hair.

Reactions: 6
Potentially unpopular opinion, but what doe this say about him if he just adopts whatever diet his current squeeze is eating. Does he have a personality of his own, or does he just absorb traits of those around him??

Lastly no way anna eats like that regularly. the whole over indulgent spread reeks of 'I'm the cool girl' she'll be a meal skipper in favour of coffee, vapes or cigarettes a lot of the time so she can be 'seen' to be eating these calorie dense meals. She is posting it to show off and mark her territory! She knows full well if naomi doesn't see it,she'll hear about it from a mutual friend and she wants her to know!

They all seem awful tbh.
Completely agree. I know so many girls who do this

Reactions: 13
What rubs me the wrong way about the complaining about living with her mom is that she truly thinks it’s some sort of self deprecating humor when she doesn’t have an ounce of humility in her. It all reeks of, “teehee but I also have a flat in London because I’m an independent good looking girl, I just happen to be single.”

Also, she should drop the act that she loves her little sister so much because it’s clear she wanted to escape to London the minute she got bored of jumping in puddles and giggling.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
What rubs me the wrong way about the complaining about living with her mom is that she truly thinks it’s some sort of self deprecating humor when she doesn’t have an ounce of humility in her. It all reeks of, “teehee but I also have a flat in London because I’m an independent good looking girl, I just happen to be single.”
Yes 100% this. I watched the whole video and I honestly don't see any genuine acknowledgement of privilege? She's literally laughing/smirking as she says 'I'm so lucky...oh who would've thought I'd be 28 living at home with my Mum' can we please stop praising influencers for paying lip service to acknowledging their privilege? If they say one bland sentence like 'I'm so lucky' yet the rest of the video is just whinging, that clearly outweighs the pretence of recognising the fortunate positions they're in. I'm so tired of it, like is the bar seriously that freaking low.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I've been told by leadership consultants that if you are giving feedback, you should avoid the word "but" because it negates whatever comes before it. Like, "you're great, BUT you screwed up in this and that". It's like... then I'm not so great, right? I think that "I'm lucky" is used by influencers as a cover-all to negate whatever comes AFTER it's said. Like, oh it doesn't matter that I was tone deaf and whiny because I said "I'm lucky". I "admitted" my privilege. And... No, Niomi. Especially not when she says things with so much disdain. She was basically curling her upper lip when she said the thing about living at home with her Mom. Even the I'm lucky is said like, "I deserve to be this lucky."

I've previously defended Niomi's right to feel depressed or anxious despite of her privilege, and I continue to do so. Mental health does not care if you're in a mansion. But in this particular scenario, she really needs to think of how her words will land among her viewers. Not to mention, she should truly have a think as to how actually lucky she is.

She's clearly continuing to think of happiness as something you achieve or somewhere you arrive at. She thinks if she's back in London, going out every night, dating whichever handsome rich guy falls for her pretty facade, she'll be happy. She won't. And she, someone who is a "qualified yoga teacher" should know this. But she doesn't, because she's a total fraud.

Rant over!

Sending much love to @Coldfeet @Chattyman321 @Pixi and anyone else who needs it this Monday morning :)

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Guys I think we finnally have proof...that at least Joe and Anna are hanging out.

Same table and same plates! The first was from Dims bridesmaid video the second was from Anna's story a today. Dectective I hear to say :cool:
The food looks gross, though. At least to me. I hope Joey finds a happy medium between health- and junk food.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.