Niomi Smart #16 Why am I hungry I had a banana, and why is Freddie following Anna?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly her cooking looks so sad to me. Cooking tempeh with no seasoning, in no oil on non-stick and calling it stir fry. Sad mushy bean burgers with no bun. She adds a lot of spices to her curries yet they all somehome look bland, there never seems to be much thought to the flavour profile and they all look the same. And half of them are served with no rice or naan. Watery souless soup. There is no joy to her food, no crunch, and no carbs...

When you watch other vegan cooks/nutritionists like Pick Up Limes there is so much vibrance in the food. Cornstarch on the tofu to make it nice and crispy. Vegan spicy mayo. Breadcrumbs. BREAD. She uses oil, flour, salt, and you wouldn't call her food anything but wholesome and nutritious.
Love Pick up Limes!

Reactions: 10
There is no finesse to Dimbobs cooking. Very basic. Usually mushy and heaped. Not the least bit appetising. I don't think her cook book was authentic was it? Copy and paste - very creative- not!!

Reactions: 9
Honestly her cooking looks so sad to me. Cooking tempeh with no seasoning, in no oil on non-stick and calling it stir fry. Sad mushy bean burgers with no bun. She adds a lot of spices to her curries yet they all somehome look bland, there never seems to be much thought to the flavour profile and they all look the same. And half of them are served with no rice or naan. Watery souless soup. There is no joy to her food, no crunch, and no carbs...

When you watch other vegan cooks/nutritionists like Pick Up Limes there is so much vibrance in the food. Cornstarch on the tofu to make it nice and crispy. Vegan spicy mayo. Breadcrumbs. BREAD. She uses oil, flour, salt, and you wouldn't call her food anything but wholesome and nutritious.
As an ethical vegan, I cringe at Niomi's bland recipes. Tempeh is so bitter if it hasn't been marinated or spiced up! I, like the other ethical vegans mentioned in this thread, have junk food sometimes because life is for living and I am doing this to help reduce animal cruelty and don't use veganism as a means to restrict myself and eat flavorless food and minimal calories all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
First Bruce the spruce, then James Bond the chair, now Shaun the sheep, not forgetting Noodle the dog. Man, Niomi's companions sound like a whole lot of fun. Guess actual humans can't handle her top-notch sense of humor.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I used to like her cooking videos years ago ( I just love watching people cook) but now she legit takes any joy out of food and cooking and makes it this alarmist, guilty thing that should be avoided or it will duck you up!

That said I'm making this recipe today, it has puff pastry loaded with butter, two of her greatest enemies lol...

Huge fan of Emma, she can take two random ingredients and make dinner.
How to Make Easy Mushroom Puffs | Big Little Recipes by Food52

Reactions: 4
Oh look, out for a run in the morning and then out again in the afternoon. Still only meant to be once a day ffs. Give me strength.

Reactions: 18
What did she have for lunch? A huge, nutritious glass of water?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Adorable sheep in her story, would have been even better if she could just stfu in the background.

Also does anyone else get the impression that her dog really can't be arsed with her :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
And also, the weight loss its starting to show on her face, and boy, it doesn't look good.
I agree it does really show on her face now. It's particularly obvious when her hair is tied. Her chin area is getting narrower and her face looks more and more unbalanced as her forehead is big.
Also her eyes have gone so dull...

I agree it does really show on her face now. It's particularly obvious when her hair is tied. Her chin area is getting narrower and her face looks more and more unbalanced as her forehead is big.
Also her eyes have gone so dull...
Gaunt. The word we’re all thinking. I wish she’d just address it, as someone said recently on here, because a lifestyle influencer needn’t always be the picture of health.

I think a big difference that I've seen is that ethical vegans I know still eat junk, chips can be vegan, oreos are vegan, every burger place does a plant based patty now. These plant-based influencers don't eat any of that because for them it's a restriction diet, not a lifestyle.
I covett thee Alix is a mostly plant based vegetarian, she was totally plant based for a year or two, and i think she was a great example of how to do plant based 'normally' she isn't a wellness person, more fashion/beauty.

Her what I eat in a day videos are so boring and repititive. In half of them she ends up at a restaurant or cafe and promotes their plant based menu. Most vloggers show us the actual recipe from scratch, alternatives, yummy junk food options etc. I’ve never seen niomi eat fries 🍟 or cookies/desserts that are vegan unless she was given them for free. Her diet is worrying and the young women who follow the crap she does are being negatively influenced towards an eating disorder for sure. A true vegan who is conscious about the environment would never be a hypocrite with an ED who wears calf skin. If she’s going through something she should just seek help or get therapy and not waste our time with stupid sponsoref reels and posts that scream “i am over my break up, look at me guys”. Her sunday video is definitely gonna show us a glimpse of her cooking and she is gonna overcompensate the ED comments by saying look at my “big bowl of soup!” Someone get this girl a therapist pls. (Sorry for the long rant🤪)

Reactions: 14
Her what I eat in a day videos are so boring and repititive. In half of them she ends up at a restaurant or cafe and promotes their plant based menu. Most vloggers show us the actual recipe from scratch, alternatives, yummy junk food options etc. I’ve never seen niomi eat fries 🍟 or cookies/desserts that are vegan unless she was given them for free. Her diet is worrying and the young women who follow the crap she does are being negatively influenced towards an eating disorder for sure. A true vegan who is conscious about the environment would never be a hypocrite with an ED who wears calf skin. If she’s going through something she should just seek help or get therapy and not waste our time with stupid sponsoref reels and posts that scream “i am over my break up, look at me guys”. Her sunday video is definitely gonna show us a glimpse of her cooking and she is gonna overcompensate the ED comments by saying look at my “big bowl of soup!” Someone get this girl a therapist pls. (Sorry for the long rant🤪)
I reckon it will show her making that mushroom soup, sorry..... 'broth'

This!

I remember that curry she made in lockdown and thinking how odd if was she didn't serve it with rice. It's in this video at 21:50.

On that day she even did a 10K run and a yoga session.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Love getting ads about her crappy skincare, and 10% off! She’s spoiling us!

Love getting ads about her crappy skincare, and 10% off! She’s spoiling us!
10% off because it's an absolute flop. She didn't market it, she didn't dedicate herself to it. In fact, she rarely ever mentioned it that anyone who didn't already know it was her brand, wouldn't have a clue. They're obviously trying to flog it quick cause it's not selling by itself. Both her skincare/beauty lines have been a total failure and its down to her and her team.

Has anyone seen Niomi eat a potato. A white potato, instead of a sweet potato. Even her mash tends to be sweet potato. She's probably scared of them too.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Has anyone seen Niomi eat a potato. A white potato, instead of a sweet potato. Even her mash tends to be sweet potato. She's probably scared of them too.
Nope. I remember her having them on her plate at Christmas and then the next shot was her saying how she couldn't eat it all and didn't show the plate so I'm guessing she left them all. She very obviously has a fear of sugars/carbs and natural fats. I've never seen her use anything other than coconut oil, she never eats a root veg other than a sweet spud. She just lives off of dry pulses and high fibre veg. She's not healthy. She needs fat, carbs and a lot more protein in her diet. For someone who apparently exercises regularly, she has zero muscle definition.

Reactions: 20
Nope. And if she has fries it's always sweet potato fries.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.