Niomi Smart #16 Why am I hungry I had a banana, and why is Freddie following Anna?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I went on Smart Skin's instagram just to see if their content had got any less dull.

It has not.

Poor grammar in that post too.

The end of this caption doesn't even make sense:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I have an answer for you, Niomi:

E0FA91D3-C498-4687-8300-030B24CED20E.jpeg

Niomi’s diet (She’s said she’s plant-based, right? Not vegan?) is one thing, but for her to preach to us ALL THE TIME about vegan ingredients AND to have a WHOLE VEGAN SKINCARE LINE purporting a certain ethos and then buying (well, being gifted, but she was only gifted a voucher—she still chose that bag herself) a fugly CALFSKIN BAG still makes my blood boil.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Niomi’s diet (She’s said she’s plant-based, right? Not vegan?) is one thing, but for her to preach to us ALL THE TIME about vegan ingredients AND to have a WHOLE VEGAN SKINCARE LINE purporting a certain ethos and then buying (well, being gifted, but she was only gifted a voucher—she still chose that bag herself) a fugly CALFSKIN BAG still makes my blood boil.
Very well said. It doesn't necessarily annoy me if someone eats plant based but uses leather products. But she's so preachy about her meals and snacks and skincare being vegan that I'd expect her to stick to her faux-ethics. Not that she gives a tit about any of that obviously. It's another buzzword, just like yoga flow, self care and #growth.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Don’t know if anyone is subscribed to Obese to Beast, but this subject kinda reminded me of Niomi, and the fact she clearly isn’t an ethical vegan and the control she has over what she eats. Not diagnosing her or anything, but thought it interesting.

Reactions: 4
Very well said. It doesn't necessarily annoy me if someone eats plant based but uses leather products. But she's so preachy about her meals and snacks and skincare being vegan that I'd expect her to stick to her faux-ethics. Not that she gives a tit about any of that obviously. It's another buzzword, just like yoga flow, self care and #growth.
Also, most vegans, who still use leather, are using their old leather items, not buying / being gifted new ones all the time. Niomi is inconsistent with all her philosophies. Her own product line needs to be vegan, but she accepts brand deals for non-vegan products. She makes a big fuss about a used-clothes event every two years, yet amasses piles of new clothes in the meantime. She's just not someone you want to trust or take seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
She panders to Dior which INSISTS on cruel animal testing... she's just monopolizing on trendy stuff, it's not a reflection of her actual ethos.

Reactions: 19
My friend became a vegan shortly after she had 'recovered' from her eating disorder. She's nowhere near as ill as she was then but I do unfortunately think the veganism was just a legitimate way for her to cut out foods without accusations of controlling her calories.

Reactions: 23
do u think she secretly loves it when a place struggles with vegan meals so she doesnt have to eat as many calories?

• Sad
Reactions: 17
And I’m betting she’ll be more smug than usual to prove that despite the backlash against her recently, she couldn’t be bothered and it only makes her stronger. Hehe I’m calling it!

Btw I come bearing gifts - Vox published this about whether manifesting really works. Spoiler alert: nah. In fact, research suggests that often it has the reverse effect because it makes us complacent and we make less efforts to reach our goals.

I've always thought this. I hate astrology too, just makes people fatalistic. Doesn't help that all of my awful exes seemed to be obsessed with it and used it as the reason we argued rather than anything they had done wrong :LOL:

My friend became a vegan shortly after she had 'recovered' from her eating disorder. She's nowhere near as ill as she was then but I do unfortunately think the veganism was just a legitimate way for her to cut out foods without accusations of controlling her calories.
yeah I know people like this too, either that or they suddenly become gluten intolerant

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
It's called "plant-based" though when you just do it for dietary reasons and not for ethical reasons.

Reactions: 6
It's crazy how these influencer girls who seem so blessed and have easy, fun lives full of riches and gifts often end up so completely miserable in the end. Zoella is desperate for a family but is stuck with manchild Alfie who will not propose. Niomi's pahfect engagement to her dreamy prince shattered as she is suddenly dumped. Tanya divorced, dog I think is presumed to be dead, and don't follow her closely but she looks miserable too. At the end of the day the fame, instagram likes, and free beauty products don't leave you with much.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I think a big difference that I've seen is that ethical vegans I know still eat junk, chips can be vegan, oreos are vegan, every burger place does a plant based patty now. These plant-based influencers don't eat any of that because for them it's a restriction diet, not a lifestyle.

Reactions: 35
It's crazy how these influencer girls who seem so blessed and have easy, fun lives full of riches and gifts often end up so completely miserable in the end. Zoella is desperate for a family but is stuck with manchild Alfie who will not propose. Niomi's pahfect engagement to her dreamy prince shattered as she is suddenly dumped. Tanya divorced, dog I think is presumed to be dead, and don't follow her closely but she looks miserable too. At the end of the day the fame, instagram likes, and free beauty products don't leave you with much.
Well said, you hit the nail on the head.
I think the internet ""fame"" made them stuck-up, too. everybody has a good and a bad side, but some things are hard to ignore.
Not saying Joe was right or wrong here, but I couldn't live with Niomi either. Her controlling and boasting personality, constant vlogging, lying about how things really are etc. must really get to you at some point.

Reactions: 28
Does she get lip fillers? They look quite puffy, I always thought hers were naturally thinner.
I’ve just gone down a rabbit hole on insta trying to work this out now 😂 I don’t think she has though. She overlines her lips and they look bigger when she has any kind of colour on them, it’s quite subtle as she does wear more neutral colours most of the time. But there’s a few things that make me think she doesn’t have filler (I’ve had it a couple of times). Her top lip hasn’t changed shape, not to be overly critical here but she doesn’t have much of a Cupid’s bow - one of the main reasons some people get filler is to get a more defined bow. Her top lip is an odd shape IMO and if she had filler surely she would want it sorted out. Then she also doesn’t have any kind of ‘raised’ edge around the top lip that nearly everyone with filler has, it’s inevitable. Finally, people who administer lip filler (decent filler anyways) will give you the ‘golden ratio’ where your top lip : bottom lip is 1:2 approx, and hers aren’t quite that either.
I reckon she will end up getting some work done in the future like her Grandma though, just hope she goes elsewhere 🥴

Morning run guys! Got to burn off all that oxygen I’ve inhaled this morning!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I think a big difference that I've seen is that ethical vegans I know still eat junk, chips can be vegan, oreos are vegan, every burger place does a plant based patty now. These plant-based influencers don't eat any of that because for them it's a restriction diet, not a lifestyle.
This is exactly an observation I had too. People who are comfortable in their bodies are open, and actually enjoy and WANT fatty food etc. I was sort of friends with a vegan girl and she was constantly talking about vegan junk food she can have etc etc. since she doesn’t have food hang ups in a distorted way. She has a healthy relationship with food, she ate enough calories for what a vegan needed and enjoyed herself. It’s not the case here. It’s very ridged and she has ALOT of anxiety tied with food. I don’t think she uses oil to cook much either if I remover correctly? That’s a big “ED” thing is to cook with water not oil. I know it’s common for diets too, but when I see regular woman do it, I look a little closer at their behaviors.

Reactions: 17
What does Nimoi has to offer as a Youtuber? Like seriously, what?
That's a good question and as time goes on it seems less and less! I thought of this when I was watching Sanne Vloet's "What I eat in a week" video today. Sanne actually filmed EVERY meal she mad that week, which included oils, fats, cheese, but also lots of nutritious foods. She even filmed some healthy (and substantial) take-out, and a bacon breakfast burrito on Friday even though she's plant-based. Sanne is also really skinny naturally, which you can tell, and she does a normal amount of exercise (it seems like pilates everydayish but doesn't do multiple workouts a day). You can tell she puts so much effort and helpful information into her videos (and her skin glows with health lol) and the comparison with Niomi's "vlogmas" or even Niomi's old videos is just pathetic, especially given Niomi had her own *cookbook*. But Sanne's viewership has been increasing a lot and from what I hear on here, Niomi's is going down, which is how it should be. Sanne also launched a new matcha tea company with her boyfriend and the graphics, roll out, etc. all look well thought out and professional. They also traveled to Japan to source the best matcha and they genuninely use it every day themselves. (I sound like a walking advert lol). But the contrast is just so GLARING. I can't believe Niomi is still "successful". I think the grieving/covid pass I gave her last year has long expired...

Reactions: 13
This is exactly an observation I had too. People who are comfortable in their bodies are open, and actually enjoy and WANT fatty food etc. I was sort of friends with a vegan girl and she was constantly talking about vegan junk food she can have etc etc. since she doesn’t have food hang ups in a distorted way. She has a healthy relationship with food, she ate enough calories for what a vegan needed and enjoyed herself. It’s not the case here. It’s very ridged and she has ALOT of anxiety tied with food. I don’t think she uses oil to cook much either if I remover correctly? That’s a big “ED” thing is to cook with water not oil. I know it’s common for diets too, but when I see regular woman do it, I look a little closer at their behaviors.
Honestly her cooking looks so sad to me. Cooking tempeh with no seasoning, in no oil on non-stick and calling it stir fry. Sad mushy bean burgers with no bun. She adds a lot of spices to her curries yet they all somehome look bland, there never seems to be much thought to the flavour profile and they all look the same. And half of them are served with no rice or naan. Watery souless soup. There is no joy to her food, no crunch, and no carbs...

When you watch other vegan cooks/nutritionists like Pick Up Limes there is so much vibrance in the food. Cornstarch on the tofu to make it nice and crispy. Vegan spicy mayo. Breadcrumbs. BREAD. She uses oil, flour, salt, and you wouldn't call her food anything but wholesome and nutritious.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Honestly her cooking looks so sad to me. Cooking tempeh with no seasoning, in no oil on non-stick and calling it stir fry. Sad mushy bean burgers with no bun. She adds a lot of spices to her curries yet they all somehome look bland, there never seems to be much thought to the flavour profile and they all look the same. And half of them are served with no rice or naan. Watery souless soup. There is no joy to her food, no crunch, and no carbs...

When you watch other vegan cooks/nutritionists like Pick Up Limes there is so much vibrance in the food. Cornstarch on the tofu to make it nice and crispy. Vegan spicy mayo. Breadcrumbs. BREAD. She uses oil, flour, salt, and you wouldn't call her food anything but wholesome and nutritious.
YES! She'll literally just fry some veg in coconut oil and eat that and say it's "mmm... so good." :sick: :sick: :sick:

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.