Niomi Smart #10 Tier 2 blues, a lot of booze and new screws...Dimbob no longer a snooze

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep, let us know. Just edited my post above to add my message to them. I clearly said she has been violating the rules. Like, I'm sure they were being careful but the point is she hasn't been! Obviously they are going to try to defend themselves but rather than claiming everything was all within the rules I would rather they just took in the feedback and said "We hear you. We will not be working with Niomi anymore"
Thanks for sharing!

100%, they're just defending her. I'm not sure if there's something in the contract/if they need to go through Niomi's PR person to figure out the best response?

The funny thing is that they could freaking easily just get her to promote a virtual video tour of the place and say "can't wait to go back once COVID is over" which may promote people who require essential travel to Cambridge, say for uni things, to stay there. Or, you know, she could just follow Tier 2 rules and then actually go to that hotel safely.

By the way, your message to them was amazing! Mine wasn't nearly as well-written.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm going to go against the grain here (contrary to the vegan jokes that prevail on every page - tattle's equivalent of writing 'bacon' on a vegan post) and suggest an alternative theory.

What if Joe wanted to become plant-based on his own accord? What if he remained predominantly plant-based after the breakup instead of binging on fast food like some people here suggest?

I noticed he's following David Attenborough on Instagram who constantly posts about the link between climate change and the consumption of animal products. Niomi is unnecessarily restrictive with her diet, I agree with that, but some people on this thread act like it's impossible for a man to be vegan/plant-based in the 21st century.

I posted about this on a previous thread and some people attempted to gaslight me, saying it was a one-time joke or something along those lines. I read some version of this 'joke' on every page and not only is it getting old but it's also quite ignorant.
It's genuinely ignorant because we don't know enough about Joey's food choices. Her extreme approach provokes extreme speculation, that's how I read it. I'm interested in what David Attenborough has to say but I won't ever follow a vegan or vegetarian diet.

Reactions: 6
I'm going to go against the grain here (contrary to the vegan jokes that prevail on every page - tattle's equivalent of writing 'bacon' on a vegan post) and suggest an alternative theory.

What if Joe wanted to become plant-based on his own accord? What if he remained predominantly plant-based after the breakup instead of binging on fast food like some people here suggest?

I noticed he's following David Attenborough on Instagram who constantly posts about the link between climate change and the consumption of animal products. Niomi is unnecessarily restrictive with her diet, I agree with that, but some people on this thread act like it's impossible for a man to be vegan/plant-based in the 21st century.

I posted about this on a previous thread and some people attempted to gaslight me, saying it was a one-time joke or something along those lines. I read some version of this 'joke' on every page and not only is it getting old but it's also quite ignorant.
Totally agree with you. Acting like Joe has been some starved carnivore these past four years is rather silly. I think these threads in general seem to praise Joe way too much. We barely know anything about him but I don’t see the point of putting him on a pedestal just to throw Niomi down. Maybe they’re both just crappy people. And Joe can easily just be a spineless git. Although I will say that Freddy did seem to be quite cool from the little we’ve seen of him.

Plus, as someone who eats meat, vegan food is actually delicious, and I often skip out on meat. Joe loved Indian food which people have countless times mentioned is primarily vegetarian or vegan, so I doubt he actually hated what they were eating.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
University Arms’ response to me. (+ my initial message to them)
I do feel sorry for them but do they even do proper research before they work with an influencer? Or do they just look at the subscriber count and think the ad will get across? People are so fed up with influencers thesedays sometimes it backfires.

Reactions: 13

Interesting point. Marbobs is vegan now, isn't he?

I do feel sorry for them but do they even do proper research before they work with an influencer? Or do they just look at the subscriber count and think the ad will get across? People are so fed up with influencers thesedays sometimes it backfires.
100% think this is the case unfortunately.

All you need to do is Google Niomi Smart and this thread comes up. Sure, lots of influencers have a thread but Niomi's has been BUMPING since the break-up, lots of the content referring to her breaking rules.

It’s a Friday miracle!! She is in a mask.
yet not when she was test driving a car.. honestly putting on/taking off masks like this is even worse as a) your hands aren't necessarily clean b) where are you putting your mask that is totally sanitary (just shoving it in a handbag isn't)

Reactions: 15
Playing devil's advocate here (because I also think Niomi is acting like a fool right now) but Joe seems just as calculated as her. If he really moved in with Freddie so he could dump her and have a place to live/roomie already set up, he played her. I'm sorry, but if he was feeling that way (wanting to break up) he should have communicated that to her (or better, if he did at all, because she seemed blindsided by the breakup) and not let her film a bridesmaid video, etc. Sure she's being "disrespectful" now but let's remember she doesn't owe him anything. I agree that she shouldn't be talking bad about him publicly, but he's kind of the one that publicly disrespected her by ending an engagement. The whole (digital) world saw it.

And re: Freddie in the flat, again I would NEVER in a million years post something publicly about that like Niomi did, but shouldn't he be grateful? Lol unless he's paying rent he had a FREE two-bedroom flat in a nice area of London... arguably Joe could have rented that out and used the money to help pay for a place for him and Niomi. I'm not totally sure of their financial situation obviously (like how much he's been given by family or not.. a lot of wealthy families don't actually just give their kids money for a house or something because they want them to earn it themselves). Again Niomi had no right to post anything about that publicly, but Freddie had to expect that if his brother (who OWNS the place) and his fiance moved in she might want to put up their own stuff too? I think she could have handled it more delicately, and I'm all about helping family out, but there's a difference. When Joe asked Niomi to marry him he was putting her on the level of family, and she shouldn't have been second priority to Freddie. Just my opinion 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Also lol how she has 'Bad Girls' playing in those stories. Like she's ever done anything remotely rebellious. Her guilty pleasure is watching Bake Off.
"Bad Girl" Niomi... Send help LMAO. She's not even vanilla, she's downright flavourless. Who is she kidding? This is the person who had a spasm when Joe wanted to have some toast with his smoothie. The only things she's rebelled against are the pandemic rules.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think Joe may well have enjoyed eating vegan/vegetarian for health or environmental or whatever reasons. I don't think he necessarily was gagging for meat, but it's clear to me that he was a starving man haha. Her tiny portions were not enough for a man double her size yet she fed him the same as her, she was so critical and policing of him, and he was always saying he was starving and hunting for snacks. And he looked haggard with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I think these threads in general seem to praise Joe way too much.
To be fair, Tattle opinion of Joe fluctuates quite a lot. At the start of the break up we even had people saying 'Joe could never have gotten an eating disorder from Niomi because he's a big autonomous man' and other garbage. I think people are being more positive about Joe now because he's not the one behaving so embarrassingly on Instagram now, the longer it goes on and he's quiet, the more embarrassing it is for her (just my opinion).

I'm sorry, but if he was feeling that way (wanting to break up) he should have communicated that to her (or better, if he did at all, because she seemed blindsided by the breakup)
As we've said before, though, we have no idea what has or hasn't happened. I think someone mentioned the speculation being annoying - most of what we say on here is just speculation, that's part of the fun of it, no? Look at the way Niomi is responding to criticism about COVID, sticking her fingers in her ears and shouting 'lalalala' there's no way she would've listened to Joe whether he did try to tell her or not! I feel like she is the kind of person where you are almost forced to dump her by phone at a distance because she just won't listen or engage with what you're saying otherwise.

I think Joe may well have enjoyed eating vegan/vegetarian for health or environmental or whatever reasons. I don't think he necessarily was gagging for meat, but it's clear to me that he was a starving man haha. Her tiny portions were not enough for a man double her size yet she fed him the same as her, she was so critical and policing of him, and he was always saying he was starving and hunting for snacks. And he looked haggard with her.
Yeah I think he obviously did enjoy some vegan food - we all do, it's stupid to say vegan food is crap as if you don't eat bread, potatoes, beans etc ever then - but she was so controlling of his food even when it was vegan. The time he wanted toast and PB for example, that would've been vegan and she still didn't want him to have it. I hope he's eating whatever he wants now, vegan or not, as much of it as he wants as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
And re: Freddie in the flat, again I would NEVER in a million years post something publicly about that like Niomi did, but shouldn't he be grateful? Lol unless he's paying rent he had a FREE two-bedroom flat in a nice area of London... arguably Joe could have rented that out and used the money to help pay for a place for him and Niomi. I'm not totally sure of their financial situation obviously (like how much he's been given by family or not.. a lot of wealthy families don't actually just give their kids money for a house or something because they want them to earn it themselves). Again Niomi had no right to post anything about that publicly, but Freddie had to expect that if his brother (who OWNS the place) and his fiance moved in she might want to put up their own stuff too? I think she could have handled it more delicately, and I'm all about helping family out, but there's a difference. When Joe asked Niomi to marry him he was putting her on the level of family, and she shouldn't have been second priority to Freddie. Just my opinion 🤷‍♀️
What makes you think he wasn't? Niomi responded to her own follower asking if Freddie didn't mind her walking into the place as if she owned it herself entirely. She could have easily just scrolled past it, but instead she had to be quick with her thumbs to reply with her disgusting attitude. We can't judge Freddie on speculation, but we can judge Niomi for how she responds and handles questions.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
What makes you think he wasn't? Niomi responded to her own follower asking if Freddie didn't mind her walking into the place as if she owned it herself entirely. She could have easily just scrolled past it, but instead she had to be quick with her thumbs to reply with her disgusting attitude. We can't judge Freddie on speculation, but we can judge Niomi for how she responds and handles questions.
Exactly. She clearly has no problem ignoring her followers’ comments 99% of the time (including repeated comments pointing out that she’s violating COVID rules), yet for some reason that one random comment she felt compelled to reply to? 🤔 Hmm

Reactions: 13
Playing devil's advocate here (because I also think Niomi is acting like a fool right now) but Joe seems just as calculated as her. If he really moved in with Freddie so he could dump her and have a place to live/roomie already set up, he played her. I'm sorry, but if he was feeling that way (wanting to break up) he should have communicated that to her (or better, if he did at all, because she seemed blindsided by the breakup) and not let her film a bridesmaid video, etc. Sure she's being "disrespectful" now but let's remember she doesn't owe him anything. I agree that she shouldn't be talking bad about him publicly, but he's kind of the one that publicly disrespected her by ending an engagement. The whole (digital) world saw it.

I respect your opinion, I like seeing alternative theories. Personally I do not think that Joe publicly disrespected her by ending the engagement. Niomi was not forced to publicize their relationship, it was a conscious choice and she was clearly doing so to increase engagement (lol) on her socials. Their breakup would have been publicized regardless by no fault of his own. I also think Freddie should be grateful but it would be kind of a dick move by Niomi and Joe to use Joe’s generosity against him and point out how grateful he should be for them letting him live in the apartment (not gonna pretend I’m british by saying flat haha). At that point it can turn to gaslighting. There’s no evidence Freddie was taking advantage of them, and if you are benefiting someone by true generosity you don’t use it as a sword whenever it’s convenient for you. Just my opinion as well!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think people forget that Joe could've broken up with Niomi whenever he wanted, it's his own free will and unfortunately sometimes people get hurt along the way. If he, for example, wanted to feel things out by moving in with Freddie and then end it with Niomi, that is entirely up to him. There is no rule book saying that he should've dumped her before. There's no telling as to when he felt certain he wanted to leave her, for all we know it could have been the second she put the spice rack up. What happens then is that Niomi has the privilege of ridding him of her life. She chose him, likely, based on looks and life-position, and that came back to bite her in the ass. Hopefully she thinks twice next time and goes for someone who will worship her against all odds instead like another poster suggested.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
To be fair, Tattle opinion of Joe fluctuates quite a lot. At the start of the break up we even had people saying 'Joe could never have gotten an eating disorder from Niomi because he's a big autonomous man' and other garbage.

i think the "big autonomous man" thing is a variation on something i said because i was just bewildered by people painting Joe as this super vulnerable person (even a victim of abuse) who was completely under N's thumb. which did not ring true to me, especially because [thankfully!] adults can't simply catch an eating disorder by living with someone , unless they were already pre-disposed to that.

and i was also bewildered that people were more concerned about this one man called Joe (who gives off no predisposition-to-eating-disorder-vibes to me anyway) and who has no markers of vulnerability at all (in terms of age, support system etc) - rather than the hundreds of thousands of viewers she has, many of whom may include children, many of whom may be pre-disposed to EDs, and who are being exposed to her highly-problematic-about-food-and-body-image content (as discussed in detail throughout these threads) disguised as health and wellness. [obvz N is "just" one part in a big problematic system but, yeah, a particularly egregious one for many of us i'm sure)

people still might not agree but just wanted to clarify :)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Why are we assuming that Joe didn't just choose her for her looks too? What else did she have to offer when they first started dating other than being internet famous and pretty? He seems just as superficial so I don't think it's fair to blame her for doing the same thing. And yea he could break the engagement whenever he wanted technically, but it's still crappy... I'm just going to assume it's crappy when we DON'T know the circumstances (as much fun as re-watching vlogs for clues is lol). And regarding her parading him around social media, again I feel like we're not giving enough autonomy to Joe. He's a grown ass man, he could've said no a long time ago. It's not Niomi's fault he doesn't have a backbone and can't communicate his needs. Or maybe he did and she didn't listen? But I find that hard to believe... if that's the case he's a major pushover. Also again what could he expect for being the partner of a youtuber. If he didn't like it that should have been an issue a longgg time ago. I thought she had him in a normalish amount of videos given the fact that they were quarantining together and no one else was around lol. But I do think she got very very smug with him which was annoying AF. I get this is kind of an extension of a trash thread which is what I was originally looking for lol, but sometimes I feel like these convos stray too far into the territory of blaming a woman and her wants/needs/even sexuality on issues in a relationship. Maybe I'm extrapolating all of this but I'm uncomfortable COMPLETELY trashing her during a really sensitive time. But I do think most of what we say is just for fun :)

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.