Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
How about a thread on this lot? Tomorrow could be a big day.

20210225_111114.jpg

26435862.jpg

I've never fell for the praise of sturgeon during covid, her communication has been much better than Johnson. But she had the very enviable position of being included in private UK meetings and then running away to use this information to her own diversive gain. The actual results show she's done no better. But anything that ever goes wrong is Westminster's fault and anything that goes well she takes the credit for.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Meh

Chatty Member
I wish Scotland would just f*ck-off. And I love the Scots. But I'm tired of this Independence cr@p. Just go. Unless the EU change their entry rules (which they probably will just to p1ss-off us English) it takes 10 years to apply to be a member state of the EU and all members have to vote for it. Spain will never vote, because it'll mean the Basque's will leave Spain. It's a joke. Plus Scotland will need their own currency. LOL. At the moment my English tax is paying Scotland for free University fee's and healthcare prescriptions.
Sigh.

As a Scot all I hear is how poor England/English feel unwelcome in Scotland by the bad SNP supporters. Sadly, there is anti English sentiments but there is also a huge anti Scottish view that comes from many in England. Your post amplifies this. Saying “I love the Scots” but telling us to fuck off and calling us scroungers doesn’t wash. It’s on par with “i am not racist BUT” 🙄

Ah, the good old “my English tax” argument. Christ! Who do I phone about the HIGHER THAN ENGLAND rate of tax I pay each month?! Can I get this back? If I’m a pariah within a scrounger nation who is taking this money? What does it pay for? 😂 🤷🏻‍♀️

A lot of our country would love to “just go” but anytime we near that horizon, somehow, all the leading Unionist parties up sticks, fly to Scotland with their begging, pleading and broken “Vow” promises. Sadly people fell for it in 2014.

Ask yourself one fundamental question: if Scotland really is such a burden, such a taker, such a drain on finances. Then why, oh why, are all main WM parties terrified of Scottish separation?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

YellowMellow14

Chatty Member
Well that post just sums up your ignorance and the media narrative.

Spain have never said they would veto Scotland rejoining the EU. They would not acknowledge our independence if we had an illegal Referendum yes as they have done so with the Catalans but have confirmed if everything was done legally they would accept Scotland into the EU if it met the criteria and requested to join.

Your English tax? You do know we pay tax in Scotland too? Our tax is paying for free prescriptions and free university. It's not our fault you keep voting for a party that gives tax breaks to their rich pals and gives nothing to the worse off in society.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Ilovemusic

VIP Member
I think it's the right choice. I'm not saying I think Humza is brilliant, but he's the 'best' of a bad bunch.
The man who stood up in Holyrood to give a speech and said Scotland was "too white". The man who proved incompetent in every ministerial post he's held. Aye, he's just perfect :mad:

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

shushablay

Chatty Member
I just hope that whoever replaces her just stops with the indyref2 for now. Scotland may have had a chance of going it alone in the 70's when the oil was first discovered, we could have had a Norwegian economy, but it's way too late for that and considering that the success of the SNP in recent times has been bolstered by the Greens, that puts fossil fuels out of the equation.

The division and hatred caused by the indyref in 2014, still simmers today and there needs to be a stop to it. We need, as united nations of the UK to work together to solve the issues and create a better future for everyone, and no, I have no clue how to do that, and I don't think any political party have the will or ability to do that, but splitting the UK up is not the answer.

The constant bleating from the SNP about wanting to be in Europe, why? Their main argument for independence is base on not being ruled by democratically elected politicians in Westminster, yet they seem quite happy to be ruled by unelected quangos in Brussels. That seems totally counterproductive to me, and we wouldn't meet the requirements to rejoin the EU anyway. I don't know if the SNP thought that by remaining in the EU they would continue to receive handouts, erm nope, those days are well gone, the EU itself is struggling and I think ultimately it will be a failed experiment.

Finally I would so like to see and end to the xenophobia and hate towards England and the English, it really boils my piss, particularly when it is claimed that the Scottish are the friendliest and least hateful people in the world..unless you live south of Birmingham (the northerners get a pass from the hate because they are apparently just as oppressed as the Scottish :eyeroll

• Heart
Reactions: 22

glasgow27

VIP Member
I don’t have much input but one thing that bugs me about Sturgeon is how unwelcoming she’s making Scotland seem. Is it just me? I know we shouldn’t be going there at the moment anyway, but even before, she made it seem like we’d be shot for going over the border! She’s changed the image I have of Scotland in my head like I’m just not welcome.
Not just you - she is not at all welcoming, especially not to English people. The subtle xenophobia in Scotland makes me want to leave at times.

Reactions: 21

TeaNoSugar

I don't know much about politics but I detest Sturgeon and her super injunctions and hypocrisy over wanting independence from the union and yet wanting to remain with the EU. Will she give Scottish voters a referendum regarding the EU should Scotland win independence from England?

Reactions: 21

gigi_93

VIP Member
I don’t have much input but one thing that bugs me about Sturgeon is how unwelcoming she’s making Scotland seem. Is it just me? I know we shouldn’t be going there at the moment anyway, but even before, she made it seem like we’d be shot for going over the border! She’s changed the image I have of Scotland in my head like I’m just not welcome.

Reactions: 19

glasgow27

VIP Member
SNP are like a cult, can't side with them over anything. If Sturgeon lied about Salmond to further own career, she should no longer have one. I'd say that's totally fair. And I'd definitely celebrate it because Sturgeon has really tested my patience with her handling of COVID, it's one thing to have measures to combat the virus but another to use them for her own political gain and to try and one-up other leaders in the UK when in a national emergency, politics and differences should have been put aside and it should have been a joint effort.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Javier Arturo

VIP Member
I'm Scottish, live in Glasgow and don't recognise any of this stuff that various posters had claimed has happened!!! Particularly not the Twitter posts claiming that English people will rounded up and sent back to England.

Anybody with an ounce of common sense would realise that a large number of English people living in Scotland actively support independence. For a lot of them it seems to be part of reason they've left England.

I've no doubt that there are tensions between people who want independence and people who don't. But I genuinely feel that some posters are gilding the lily here.

If anybody has suffered people shouting at them for having an English accent, that should be reported to the police.

Personally, I am a supporter of independence but not a supporter of Nicola Sturgeon. But there's no doubt the SNP have now lost their figure head and have potentially troubled times ahead.
I’m sorry but do you walk around with your eyes shut? I’m Scottish and live in Glasgow and the hatred and divide the national movement has caused is disgusting.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

geeforthetea

Chatty Member
She has done more damage in Scotland than anyone in recent history, she's divisive, created a culture of hate and demonising if you so much as disagreed with her agenda. spent money on a self gratifying independence drive that could have been spent on public service, education, nhs and blamed it all on the bad torries and westminster. You just need to look at some of the crime and living standards in her own constituency, she does nothing for the people and only furthers her own agenda, this recent gender reform carry on is another example. The old phrase folk in glass houses and all that so glad her number is finally up.

CookieZippy

VIP Member
Like I say, he's not great. I just think he's preferable to a homophobe (Forbes) and an even less experienced politician (Regan).

Just my view, though, and I didn't get a vote!

What and you think Humza won't be a homophobe, probably far stronger a homophobe behind closed doors? How very naive. Really annoys me how it's fine to criticise Kate for her religion but you can't dare do it to him, for obvious and cowardly reasons. Such hypocrisy.

To be honest though. Kate doesn't even strike me as a homophobe anyway.

Last edited:
  • Angry

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
I’m sorry but do you walk around with your eyes shut? I’m Scottish and live in Glasgow and the hatred and divide the national movement has caused is disgusting.
I was in Glasgow a couple of weeks back, there was a homeless person or beggar sat in nearly every shop doorway on Argyle St.
It was shocking and sad to see.
Rubbish everywhere
Roads that a 3rd World Country would be ashamed of
Homelessness figures at an all time high
9,000 children in temporary accommodation
1 in 5 living in poverty in Scotland
Highest drug death rate in the Western World over the best part of 2 decades
Bent Ferry contracts, secret loans, missing funds, not to mention the state of Scottish NHS under Humza Useless a failed transport minister who almost destroyed the rail network

These are just some of the SNP's legacy of being in power for so long.

• Sad

Yel

Chatty Member
Love it how yesterday we had live pictures of trumps private 757 at La Guardia and huge motorcades in NYC. Today we've had nearly an hour of live video of police standing and a tent outside a new build in Glasgow 😆
Screenshot_20230405_104649_YouTube.jpg

• Haha

Bonnie Bisou

Let’s hope Salmond proves she broke ministerial code and she has to resign....I live in hope 🙏🏻

Reactions: 16

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
Happy, happy day! An absolutely awful politician who seems to exist solely to create division and hatred.

I just worry whoever replaces her could be even worse but hey ho, for the moment it's great news!

YellowMellow14

Chatty Member
I think the whole idea of Scottish independence is even more daft than Brexit. I just don't understand the point at all, they have a population smaller than Yorkshire and will go from being part of the 5th biggest Economy in the world to god knows what. Probably akin to some small Eastern European nation. They pretty much have full control of their country anyway as it is. Ridiculous.
We have nowhere near full control of our country. Would you accept giving all your money to your neighbour and them only giving you a percentage of it back to pay for everything you need? What if you wanted a really big purchase but you needed to borrow the money for it, except your neighbour won't allow it! Your neighbour dictates your wage, a lot of the taxes you pay, who can and can't live on your street, they tell you you have to pay for things you don't need or want. That's what we have currently and it sinks.

Mon October 2023 and to finally end this unfair union.

• Haha
  • Heart

Wind Fish

Finally I would so like to see and end to the xenophobia and hate towards England and the English, it really boils my piss, particularly when it is claimed that the Scottish are the friendliest and least hateful people in the world..unless you live south of Birmingham (the northerners get a pass from the hate because they are apparently just as oppressed as the Scottish :eyeroll
It really is the most unfriendly and unpleasant place to live if you have a non northern English accent.
All this talk of Scotland being a welcoming, friendly country is a load of bull💩.
People like Nicola sturgeon have encouraged this hatred with lies and cheap tricks.
She's as bad as Nigel Farrage.
Scotland has a real problem with unfounded hatred and they need someone in to sort it, not someone that will further use it as a tool for their own benefit.

Reactions: 15