Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

glasgow27

VIP Member
If we were to get an independent Scotland, I would 100% be heading south and would not accept a Scottish passport, and I've lived here all of my life. Though we may be rid of Sturgeon, the SNP in general hate being challenged and essentially have created an echo chamber, plus they are very much in favour of the nanny state. I'd be very, very concerned about the direction it would take.

Reactions: 15

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
...She needs to get a grip on Scottish education otherwise no one will be able to read the fucking ballot when and if it ever arrives. She seems fixated on Independence to the detriment of the citizens of Scotland here and now, it's utterly bonkers.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Yel

Chatty Member
Nice of them to wait until the day after trump's arrest so this news didn't slip under the radar 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Superdude

Sturgeon & Murrell had a good few weeks warning of the searches - the police investigation was paused for the leadership election 😲😠 🤯 - and she was spirited away half an hour before the police arrived this morning. Police Scotland are involved in the SNP corruption. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Angry
I wish Scotland would just f*ck-off. And I love the Scots. But I'm tired of this Independence cr@p. Just go. Unless the EU change their entry rules (which they probably will just to p1ss-off us English) it takes 10 years to apply to be a member state of the EU and all members have to vote for it. Spain will never vote, because it'll mean the Basque's will leave Spain. It's a joke. Plus Scotland will need their own currency. LOL. At the moment my English tax is paying Scotland for free University fee's and healthcare prescriptions.
How to push people more toward a yes vote .
You attitude is the epitome of Westminster rule.

• Heart

YellowMellow14

Chatty Member
Oh and can I just say that if you found indyref unpleasant it's probably more to do with the people you spent your time with. I found it very enjoyable. I hated politics before it. The debate was great and I think we now have one of the most politically engaged countries in the world.

I was on the losing side and I cried. Cried for hours. I cried all day at work. Pathetic maybe but being independent means a lot to me. A lot of friends and family voted No. I speak to them all. Respect their views and we still have great debate over the constitution. It's what politics is about.

shushablay

Chatty Member
The amount of racism I've seen on twitter directed at The First Minister is disgusting.
That's why I don't use twitter, it's not a nice place. And to be fair you don't need to make racist remarks against the guy, there are plenty of examples of his total incompetence in politics that you can use to slate him with,

As for this morning's news...quelle surprise! This was one of the reasons that the new independence drive bothered me, it felt really underhand, the Scottish people voted in 2014, they didn't want independence, democratic vote, and suddenly democracy was being undermined and the whole circus started up again, meanwhile the people in Scotland were being pushed to the side, services for the people were collapsing, and no it was not the fault of the tories in westminster, these were all completely devolved matters, and the snp managed to fuck them all up, with only one vision in sight..independence at any cost, I didn't trust them, and now it looks like I was right not to trust them, bunch of self serving morons. Whilst I understand that very few people will vote tory in any elections, labour must get its act together and get the lot of them out of power. For Scotland's sake.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Starfishface

Finally I would so like to see and end to the xenophobia and hate towards England and the English, it really boils my piss, particularly when it is claimed that the Scottish are the friendliest and least hateful people in the world..unless you live south of Birmingham (the northerners get a pass from the hate because they are apparently just as oppressed as the Scottish :eyeroll
Absolutely this. I am English, have lived in Scotland since 2013, and during the first indyref I was shouted at multiple times simply for being English, including being told to go home (home was a tenement in Edinburgh so I'm not sure it would have had the desired effect). More recently I have seen people on twitter saying they can't wait until the English get kicked out when Scotland is independent and that they will help "round them up". It's actually low-key frightening to think what they would do if indy happened to people like me, who live, work, pay taxes in Scotland but have an English accent.

• Wow

MidnightAura

VIP Member
Stronger together? Unionists have had nearly a decade to prove a case for this and have offered nothing expect empty promises, brexit. More austerity and just a blatant joke of a government
Under the SNP we have:
The highest drug death rate in Europe
Education standards slipping at an incredible rate.
An NHS being brought to its knees.
Two ferries costing millions but still not a reality,
A children‘s hospital that cost millions and was delayed repeatedly not to mention all the scandals.
”Missing“ party money
An FM who was proven to have misled the Scottish government.
A former FM with multiple sexual assault charges.
MSPs messaging young boys inappropriate images and still keeping their cushy jobs.
embezzlement within the party.
Spreading covid on trains at the height of the pandemic.
One of the highest income tax rates, possibly the highest in the U.K.
An increase in all types of poverty consistently since the snp have been in power.
Surveys asking children how many times they have participated in anal sex and how many partners they have had.
A complete disregard for women and girls rights.

I could go on?

The Government is not perfect, I can’t stand Boris Johnson and I’m not keen on his replacement. However this isn’t about them. This is about our administration that calls itself a Government. Education and health are devolved issues. Why does everything the snp touch turn to shit? Perhaps it’s because they aren’t focused on the Day to day issues that affect us all but are too busy covering up scandals and telling lies knowing they won’t be questioned whilst moaning that everything is the fault of Westminister and trying to stir up hatred. At the height of covid where did we get our funding from? The U.K. government. Our Government. She wasn’t too proud to go cap in hand and ask for more money then, happy to accept help then even when it was getting to the point of Scotland having more lockdowns than England just because she could do that. But of course England had to pay for that of course.

Sturgeon once said ‘Judge me on my record” and I have. And evidence shows she is failing Scotland. Again, the U.K. government has many skeletons in its closet but so do the SNP and its under their power that is affecting me personally And my loved ones. The Tories are a different arguement for a different day.

• Heart
  • Wow

JuneJuneHannah

VIP Member
I was told, during the last indyref, that my mum would have been ashamed of me. I've given my mum a few face palm moments in my time but voting No wasn't one of them.

It was such an unpleasant time to be Scottish. I respected peoples yes vote but many of those people didn't respect my No.

Ilovemusic

VIP Member
Oh come on. Do some research before you post. He's on record saying he's in favour in same sex marriage and voted on it when he was available to do so!

I'm not a Humza fan btw. I don't want him to be first minister more because he's incompetent.
HumzaYousaf...
"Convicted for driving without insurance. Caught whilst heading to an overnight stay with a woman in the car not his then wife.

The man who, because he and his wife could not secure a space in a nursery, then resorted to shysters phoning up the nursery masquerading as parents trying to entrap the nursery.

And the nursery then mysteriously turned over by the Scottish Government inspectors and put through the mill.

And Humza’s cousin, a one time candidate for Ayrshire very much in the circle of knowledge and advanced vetting, trading under a different name from the name he was known by when hundreds of thousands of pounds of Government Grant to an Islamic charity could not be accounted for. And a wife who also sailed through vetting whilst others struggled."

"Check out his history. It’s in the press."

Also...

"In their urgency to foist Sturgeon’s nominated devolutionist successor on Scotland, the media are going all out against Kate Forbes for saying she could never vote for gay marriage. But they have not noted that Humza Yousaf also did not vote for gay marriage, he absented himself.

It is absolutely plain that he did this on a totally false pretext. He claims he had an urgent meeting with the Pakistani Consul General to discuss the case of a man on death row in Pakistan for blasphemy.

How can anybody argue with such a crucial mercy dash?

Except that the appointment was arranged, deliberately to coincide with the gay marriage vote, almost three weeks in advance. The chap could have been executed in the intervening period, if that was genuinely the concern.

The evidence that it was a deliberate ruse is cast iron solid.

The Equal Marriage vote took place on 4 February 2014. On 14 January 2014, three weeks in advance, the Minister for Parliamentary Business had entered it into Humza Yousaf’s ministerial diary (as all other ministers).

Just two days later, on 16 January 2014, Humza arranged his “urgent” meeting with the Pakistani Consul General for 19 days later, to miss the gay marriage vote.

This could not be an accident. The conflict would instantly have been highlighted in the ministerial diary – that is what they are for.

At 19 days’ notice it plainly was not an urgent dash to save somebody’s life. The awful cynicism of using such an excuse and sheltering behind the suffering is breathtaking.

Everybody at the time knew that Humza had deliberately dodged the vote, after criticism from the Muslim community in Glasgow (on which he depended electorally) for supporting the earlier stage of the Bill.

That is why this parliamentary question was asked, establishing beyond doubt these inconvenient facts.

View attachment 1978040"

• Angry
  • Wow

Wee Nora

VIP Member
They should let the English, Welsh and N. Irish vote on whether we still want the Scots or not 😂
Sorry to burst your bubble but I think Northern Ireland will be off the first chance they get. The Good Friday Agreement allows for a referendum on a United Ireland when there’s a good chance it will pass. Considering Sinn Fein are now the biggest party North and South of the border the demographic is shifting thick and fast.

The Scottish people should have a right to decide. It shouldn’t be up to London. There’s people who are eligible to vote now who would’ve been 8 years old when the first referendum was held. They deserve a say in their future. Too much has happened since to just assume that the last result is still what people want.