Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

YellowMellow14

Chatty Member
🤣 aye, here I am just hating all the English including my own family because I want independence.

We don't hate England or the people that live there. We hate Westminster, the Tories, the inequality in the political system.

I live in an area of Scotland that has a huge English population and everyone is treated with respect.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
FFS how many times do we need to say this, Scottish independence isn't just about the SNP, its about self determination for Scotland.

When we get independence, we (hopefully) will get parties who will start to address these issues.

But I know one thing for certain, there's no betterment for normal people in the UK. Our only way is down.
who is we? i'm Scottish and you do not speak for me!

YellowMellow14

Chatty Member
The finest politician this country, in modern times, has seen and include the UK.

Angus Robertson to lead us to independence 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Haha

Blurp

VIP Member
I wish Scotland would just f*ck-off. And I love the Scots. But I'm tired of this Independence cr@p. Just go. Unless the EU change their entry rules (which they probably will just to p1ss-off us English) it takes 10 years to apply to be a member state of the EU and all members have to vote for it. Spain will never vote, because it'll mean the Basque's will leave Spain. It's a joke. Plus Scotland will need their own currency. LOL. At the moment my English tax is paying Scotland for free University fee's and healthcare prescriptions.
And all our tax from exports such as whisky is classed as English because it leaves the UK through English ports. That's outright theft. Even with that, we pay more tax to the UK than we get back.

We can have these things free because our government is more competent and more concerned about its citizens than about wringing out as much money into the pockets of themselves and their pals.

Last edited:
  • Heart

shushablay

Chatty Member
Hmm and not forgetting the news from yesterday, where a 21 year old got community service for raping a 13 year old, because at the time of committing the crime he was 17 and too young for prison under the criminal justice reforms introduced in January this year, where the reforms aimed to reduce re-offending in youth, that provided new court guidance, where criminals under the age of 25 are treated more leniently because of their alleged brain immaturity.

Yet they can vote and change gender at 16? ...more efforts to try and force independence by brainwashing the young, glad this will see the end of this particular brand of the snp.

• Heart

EasterEggs

Chatty Member
I hope that £20mil that was set aside for a referendum in 2023 can now be used for something actually beneficial to the country.

i10gal

I have a few die hard SNP friends on FB who are normally very vocal indeed re Saint Nicola and Independence. Since her resignation a few weeks ago, I think these people have been taken by aliens as I have seen absolutely no posts whatsoever :ROFLMAO: Nothing even to welcome our new FM.

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
Coincidence that Murrell's arrest happens AFTER Sturgeon's resignation and AFTER the election for a new FM? The investigation into the missing £600,000 began in July 2021!
If this was any other party sturgeon would be calling for another vote and calling out the corruption . 48/52 would most likely have not gone to her preferred successor if this had of come out before the vote.

Whatsallthis

VIP Member
She looked so rough today and out of control . I must say I didn’t believe a word of it. She looked like she was lying through her teeth the whole time .
I completely disagree.
She held her own, apologised where she should have and took every question and handled it.

By the end she looked shattered and yes you could say rough but she had just underwent 8hours of questioning. I was burst just watching it.

• Haha

discodanman

I will be voting for independence. I’ve never voted Tory in my life. Neither has my family. I voted to remain in Europe, as did most of Scotland. Why is it that Scotland must be robbed of our opportunity within the EU just because England wants out. I get that 2014 was supposed to be a one off but so much has changed and the fact we may have another chance to be free from the disgusting government in Westminster then I am all for it.

• Heart

Blueballs

The SNP are rotten and corrupt. They go on about fairness and democracy but they get less than half the votes but hold most seats due to splitting the opposition.

• Heart

shushablay

Chatty Member
But the whole point of politics is to vote for what you think will benefit you.

I'm in my 50s, work for a voluntary organisation and care for my elderly mum.

I'm going to vote for parties who promise increased pensions and prioritise health and social care.

If you own a business that provides health services, you don't want the government putting money into the NHS cos you want the business.

I'll never vote Tory because they don't offer what I want. But I live in Scotland so I end up with a Tory government. Hence why I voted for Scottish independence.

Now, it might be that in an independent Scotland, we still end up with a Tory parliament (highly unlikey - Scotland hasnt voted a tory major for over 60yrs). But that's different to having another country making decisions for you.
Unfortunately though, many people vote for the SNP simply to push for independence, and sadly as has been proved over the last few years, the SNP seem to be incapable of providing any effective services. The ferry fiasco is one, considering that the west coast has been served by an effective ferry service for over 160 years, now replacing two boats seems to be beyond their capabilities and after late and over budget, still these ferries are not in service.

I too am in my mid 50's and yes, healthcare is an important one for me, but so are many other things,, for example housing, transport, education and a generally good standard of living for everyone, I hate inequality and as I've said, I know that there is inequality in the UK and some benefit way more than others..though I have to have a gripe here about the leftie lovies, such as Emma Thomson, who is worth £40 million, and was preaching the other day that due to the 5 mins Liz Truss was PM, several of her friends had to sell their houses, due to the pressure her mini budget put on their mortgage payments, I have to assume that is either A) a blatant lie or B) her friends were so stretched with their mortgage payments, that even the thought of a minor increase had them panicking (lets face it, those issues were quickly resolved and the market didn't go haywire as expected). The point I am making there is that Labour generally do no better, how many times have they almost bankrupt the country? Similarly it would seem the SNP are also incapable of setting and keeping to budgets and the Tories are just disliked because they are Tories and tend to make decisions based on profit rather than people. To be fair the whole thing is a mess and I think the truth is that you cannot please all of the people all of the time, but if we all do our best to look out for each other, whether we benefit personally or not, then surely that is a better way.

As for another country making decisions for you, that is exactly what happens in the EU, and considering Scotland has had its own devolved parliament since 1997, many of the day to day decisions are made in Scotland, in fact the only Bill that has been blocked by Westminster was that ridiculous Gender Recognition shite, and I am really glad they did, the whole thing was preposterous and as I said previously, seemed to me like a manipulative tactic to force indyref2...didn't work though because the majority of Scottish people were indeed against the full Bill without any amendments, and I fully believe that is what led to Sturgeon's resignation yesterday. Her plan failed.

And telling people you'll drive them to the border when Scotland gets independence is exactly the immature, nasty attitude that others have complained about, it is not helpful and I'm sure if people want to leave Scotland they are quite capable of doing so under their own steam. I'm sorry but I was quite disappointed when I read that this morning, I have interacted with you in other threads here and believed you to be an intelligent, caring, considerate individual. That reply from you to another poster was unacceptable in my opinion.

• Heart

Superdude

It's not possible to have a political conversation with half my family, as they idolise Sturgeon and the SNP. And indeed Salmond, so recent events must have shaken them somewhat!
I think there's a number of good things the SNP have done, but they seem to inspire a cult like devotion, so their supporters attack anyone who looks at their policies with a critical eye. Not sure we have any decent alternatives in Scotland though ... I might be more inclined towards independence if it wasn't entirely driven by the SNP.

• Wow

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
Absolutely this. I am English, have lived in Scotland since 2013, and during the first indyref I was shouted at multiple times simply for being English, including being told to go home (home was a tenement in Edinburgh so I'm not sure it would have had the desired effect). More recently I have seen people on twitter saying they can't wait until the English get kicked out when Scotland is independent and that they will help "round them up". It's actually low-key frightening to think what they would do if indy happened to people like me, who live, work, pay taxes in Scotland but have an English accent.
My sentiments too! their behaviour makes me ashamed to be Scottish! and often have thoughts of wanting to leave Scotland if they were to get Independence

i10gal

Another happy Scotlander here too. Knew it was coming but I thought she might wait until the next election. Also reading today that support for Independence has dropped recently to below the 2014 vote. I too think it is due to a multitude of things like the transgender row, the loan from her husband which wasn't declared then when it was found it she said she couldn't remember it, the disaster with the ferries etc.

Ilovemusic

VIP Member
Humza Incompetent Yousaf has thrown his hat into the ring for FM position. Even Rab C. Nesbitt would be a better candidate!

• Haha
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Full on forensic tent at their house too.
Nicola has had years to prepare for this, I think she'll of shredded anything that would land her trouble a long time ago.

I wonder why it's come up now as it must be back in 2020 or 21 that police said they were investigating the missing 600k.

• Wow
Reactions: 11