Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JuneJuneHannah

VIP Member
Could not be happier right now but who do we get next? Swinney could be a disaster but I can't think of who else would take over?

For the likes of Opticians yes that is the case. However with increasing costs of prescriptions which are only likely to increase then it is something that should be looked at. The problem you have is the SG similar to the UK government is useless when it comes to implementing major IT systems. If Scotland had followed the likes of Estonia years ago in introducing a digital government as well as increasing accessing in the general population things like introducing means testing would be straightforward as all the govt departments would be linked.

the decision rested with the UK government who allowed it but the SNP who have long championed our oil reserves said it should not be explored.
It was sanctioned years ago. The sanction still stands. Scotgov wouldn’t have been able to change anything and UK government didn’t want it stopped.

It wasn’t stopped by anyone other than Shell who were the minority stakeholders.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Well, I mean at least you guys won't kill each other over the issue. Silver linings.
Thanks for answering my question.

TheShire

I completely disagree. We are clearly looking in different places.
Also what are you basing SNP support on? The Scottish Parliament electoral system is designed so that it is almost impossible for a one party runaway majority.
Many of the electorate know that and loaned their 2nd vote to the greens (myself included). There is a clear Pro Independence majority at Holyrood - this is more important than any one party having the majority.

And let’s face it, if we had the same election system as Westminster that would be even bigger as the like of Douglas Ross and his cronies wouldn’t have a look in
Almost impossible yet the SNP got a majority in 2011 😆. It's designed to make it more difficult, not impossible at all.
Yes a clear majority of 50.1% voted for pro independent parties at a regional level😆

Looking at the regional vote share, while the SNP’s list vote fell by 1.4% to 40.3%, the Scottish Greens obtained 8.1% and Alba obtained 1.7% giving pro-independence parties a 50.1% return at the regional list level.

I'm English and I've lived in Glasgow but now live outside of a city further north. I've been subjected to a fair bit of anti English stuff. The snp has made it get worse and have been very effective at mobilising people to cause division and chaos that benefits them.
SNP voters and Brexit voters share a lot in common. Often about soundbites that don't stand up to critical thinking but tug on the heartstrings. Easy to blame all your problems on someone else.

Glortard

VIP Member
Hasn't it been proven it costs more money to make it means tested than to just give everyone prescriptions free?
For the likes of Opticians yes that is the case. However with increasing costs of prescriptions which are only likely to increase then it is something that should be looked at. The problem you have is the SG similar to the UK government is useless when it comes to implementing major IT systems. If Scotland had followed the likes of Estonia years ago in introducing a digital government as well as increasing accessing in the general population things like introducing means testing would be straightforward as all the govt departments would be linked.

Cambo is back on by the way. New operators.
the decision rested with the UK government who allowed it but the SNP who have long championed our oil reserves said it should not be explored.