Nicola Sturgeon, SNP, Scottish Politics and Scottish Independence

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's the right choice. I'm not saying I think Humza is brilliant, but he's the 'best' of a bad bunch.
The man who stood up in Holyrood to give a speech and said Scotland was "too white". The man who proved incompetent in every ministerial post he's held. Aye, he's just perfect :mad:

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
The man who stood up in Holyrood to give a speech and said Scotland was "too white". The man who proved incompetent in every ministerial post he's held. Aye, he's just perfect :mad:
Like I say, he's not great. I just think he's preferable to a homophobe (Forbes) and an even less experienced politician (Regan).

Just my view, though, and I didn't get a vote!

Reactions: 2
Like I say, he's not great. I just think he's preferable to a homophobe (Forbes) and an even less experienced politician (Regan).

Just my view, though, and I didn't get a vote!

What and you think Humza won't be a homophobe, probably far stronger a homophobe behind closed doors? How very naive. Really annoys me how it's fine to criticise Kate for her religion but you can't dare do it to him, for obvious and cowardly reasons. Such hypocrisy.

To be honest though. Kate doesn't even strike me as a homophobe anyway.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
What and you think Humza won't be a homophobe, probably far stronger a homophobe behind closed doors? How very naive. Really annoys me how it's fine to criticise Kate for her religion but you can't dare do it to him, for obvious and cowardly reasons. Such hypocrisy.
I absolutely would say exactly the same about him if he'd said he would vote against gay marriage.

But I'm not going to make assumptions about him based solely on his religion. I go by what people say. My mum is a practising Catholic but she doesn't share all the views of the Pope for example. Not all Muslims are against same sex marriage either.

I'm not going to keep arguing about it anyway. I think the right decision was made, you don't and that's fine. Nothing we say will change it.

I absolutely would say exactly the same about him if he'd said he would vote against gay marriage.

But I'm not going to make assumptions about him based solely on his religion. I go by what people say. My mum is a practising Catholic but she doesn't share all the views of the Pope for example. Not all Muslims are against same sex marriage either.

I'm not going to keep arguing about it anyway. I think the right decision was made, you don't and that's fine. Nothing we say will change it.

Her religion meaning she'd vote against gay marriage does not mean that she hates gay people though. It's a false equivalence.

Reactions: 6
Her religion meaning she'd vote against gay marriage does not mean that she hates gay people though. It's a false equivalence.
I didn't say she hates gay people, but in my opinion being anti same sex marriage (for whatever reason) is a homophobic stance, because it's clearly saying that same sex couples shouldn't have the same right to get married as opposite sex couples do. How is that right or fair? Someone in favour of that view is clearly against equality for gay people, ergo they're homophobic.

If someone's religion meant they were against interracial marriage I'm sure no one would have any problem highlighting that as a racist viewpoint. But when it comes to gay people being denied rights, some think it's seemingly okay as long as the belief is based in religion? I don't see why and never will.

Reactions: 9
I didn't say she hates gay people, but in my opinion being anti same sex marriage (for whatever reason) is a homophobic stance, because it's clearly saying that same sex couples shouldn't have the same right to get married as opposite sex couples do. How is that right or fair? Someone in favour of that view is clearly against equality for gay people, ergo they're homophobic.

If someone's religion meant they were against interracial marriage I'm sure no one would have any problem highlighting that as a racist viewpoint. But when it comes to gay people being denied rights, some think it's seemingly okay as long as the belief is based in religion? I don't see why and never will.
Humza went out of his way to avoid the vote on same-sex marriage.
Even SNP MSP Alex Neil called him out on it.
snapshot_www.thetimes.co.uk_1677412621605.png

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I refuse to believe the SNP doesn't have people many multiples more competent than useless and co.

They may not want the poisoned chalice at the moment, but if they wait it out there might not be much left to lead.

Reactions: 6
Kate Forbes to leave Government after Youseless offered her Minister for Rural Affairs.
Imagine not keeping an intelligent financial brain by your side, what could possibly go wrong.
🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Would she have taken any job he offered her? Given some of the comments she made in the leader debates, she made it clear she thinks he's useless. It's hard to then work for that person.

Reactions: 3
Would she have taken any job he offered her? Given some of the comments she made in the leader debates, she made it clear she thinks he's useless. It's hard to then work for that person.
Yeah, she absolutely rinsed Humza during the debates, highlighting his abysmal record in high office.

Reactions: 8
How long do we think Humza will last ? Longer than Truss, but not after next elections ??
I still think more to come out about Sturgeon and husband !

Reactions: 7
How long do we think Humza will last ? Longer than Truss, but not after next elections ??
I still think more to come out about Sturgeon and husband !
Until Labour take some seats from the SNP in an election?
Humza is carrying on as before, Shona Robison appointed as his Deputy, one of Sturgeon's closest friends.
It's an absolute cabal

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I think Humza is David Moyes to Nicola's Sir Alex Ferguson.

Think he's just keeping the seat warm till Mhari Black find a Scottish Parliament seat.

Reactions: 1
I don't know the ins-and-outs ... but I saw the guy on TV yesterday and he came across as a bit of an arrogant prick. I know ... very superficial initial thought, but first impressions do count. I'll keep my eye on him. I'm already missing Nicola's power-suits. 🤪

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.