Nicola Bulley Missing #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re the harness, there are pics of the dog on her social media without the harness on walks or with her partner carrying the harness on a walk.

Whether or not it’s logical to you, it is something that was completely normal for them.

Reactions: 30
To be fair I never take my dogs harness off on normal walks as it’s a faff, I’d rather wash it because I’m lazy 😅 but everyone’s different! I do see people removing harnesses. If they’re going into water it should be removed as well. My dog is some sort of ninja and has also managed to squeeze herself out of her harness a couple of times, for example when she tried to get under a gate 🙄 so there’s maybe lots of reasons why the harness wasn’t on. The phone being left on a bench would be more strange to me than the harness, simply because I work from home sometimes and take calls, I always carry my phone (and laptop sometimes) round the house even if I’m just listening in to a call in case I need to quickly unmute or have an input, I definitely wouldn’t leave it on a bench either, not even for two seconds unless I’d asked someone to watch it for me.
I take my dogs harness off because she loves rolling in fox poo 🤦

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
What I find most strange is in the interview he said “it is like a dream” - such an odd choice of words. Surely it would be a “nightmare” and far from a dream. I watched the interview very carefully and some of his eye movements are when you are retrieving a memory. I really hope I am wrong and he was just nervous and in a state of shock.
There is literally no evidence he has done anything wrong. None. When my mother was told her father had died, she laughed. A shock reaction. She didn't murder him, I assure you.

Reactions: 40
Do you not think that the police would have quickly eliminated him from their enquiries by ensuring they knew exactly where he was during that period of time?
He would have been the first person they would have looked at plus he can't have been in two places at once. Wasn't he at work when he was contacted and also on cctv I believe.

Reactions: 13
Do you not think that the police would have quickly eliminated him from their enquiries by ensuring they knew exactly where he was during that period of time?
Not necessarily. Plenty of other big cases where they didn’t know it was the partner until further along the line. He didn’t even say it was like a bad dream. Just a dream!?

Reactions: 4
People can go round in circles over the harness, phone, dog and bench but that lady is almost 100% in the river. It was a terrible accident and there is no evidence of anything else.

If partner was suspected the house would have been searched by now. The police know he’s not involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Obviously it’s not always the case, but generally the most simple scenario is the true scenario, she was last seen near water then went missing.. she’s very likely in the water somewhere. A boy I went to school with went missing years ago after a night out in Amsterdam, he had somehow got separated from his friends but he was last spotted by the canal, it was a month later that they found his body in the canal

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Not necessarily. Plenty of other big cases where they didn’t know it was the partner until further along the line. He didn’t even say it was like a bad dream. Just a dream!?
People don’t get convicted of murder on the basis of a clumsily made sentence whilst they’re in the throes of grief.

Reactions: 28
Do you think this was rehearsed? Do you think someone with this amount of trauma has all the right words? With a camera on him, his wife missing and two devastated children? Do you think he thinks in any way in a coherent and well considered way? This is not a movie or tv show you know? I feel that even if he sobbed and broke down on his knees screaming for her to come back there would be internet sleuths that would say: well he’s acting and putting it all on. He really can’t win. But rather than worry about the word “dream” maybe look at how likely it is in the timeline and the area being covered by cameras that he would have gone after her and killed her, to be back in time to receive the call that she was missing.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
This really isn't the "thing" you think it is. People frequently say it feels like a dream when their loved one dies, as in they feel it isn't real. It's a common thing to say.

Reactions: 31
It is likely the most simple and plausible explanation which I saw someone else mention - she was on her work call on mute, threw a ball for the dog it went near the river, she placed her phone down on the bench to quickly retrieve it, lost her footing or tripped knocked her head and fell in, she was unconscious which is why she didn’t get out? It’s hard to bare as naturally we like to think that there has to be another explanation that is more complex.
I do think they should have checked that abandoned house out properly though instead of taking the owners word for it

Reactions: 8
Yes, you’re right. He nipped down to the river, completely unspotted on the way by other dog walkers in an area where he was well known, pushed her into the river and/or murdered/ abducted her and hid her somewhere, all in 10 minutes and somehow the dog didn’t follow him, got back in short order, AND the police completely forgot to find out where he was during that time. He gave it all away when he said “dream” instead of “bad dream” during a 2 minute interview. Case closed! 🧐

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
This also isn't really true tbh. In most of those cases the police knew full well it was likely the partner but didn't have enough evidence to arrest. If they thought he'd done anything they wouldn't be saying there was no evidence of a crime.

I really think there is a seriously unsavoury element here amongst armchair online detectives where they WANT some awful crime to have been committed because they enjoy the drama and the most likely explanation (that she fell or entered the river) is not as interesting.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Sky news article her friend confirmed Nikki stopped taking balls on their walk a year ago as it disturbed the walk so there was ‘definitely no ball’. If that is true she maybe just lost site of the dog and went to look

Reactions: 14
It is likely the most simple and plausible explanation which I saw someone else mention - she was on her work call on mute, threw a ball for the dog it went near the river, she placed her phone down on the bench to quickly retrieve it, lost her footing or tripped knocked her head and fell in, she was unconscious which is why she didn’t get out? It’s hard to bare as naturally we like to think that there has to be another explanation that is more complex.
I do think they should have checked that abandoned house out properly though instead of taking the owners word for it
They probably have searched it more throughly. They’re not keeping the general public up to date on everything so who knows if they did go round and turned the place upside down. There’s so much they’re not revealing in an ongoing investigation that I don’t want to judge whether they did their work properly. They most likely did. I think with the press covering this so extensively they’re not likely to be complacent in this investigation.

Reactions: 8
Dream as in he can't believe its real probably. The poor chap is in shock. One minute his life is normal, the next it's all gone badly wrong. He must be reeling but at the same time has to hold it together for his kids.

Reactions: 22
Since the press conference I'm leaning towards her just falling in. However there is no evidence of either and accident or an abduction- and neither are impossible or improbable and I feel for the police because if they have no leads all they can do is search the area. It must be so hard to see the family in utter despair. The one thing that does play in my mind is that they said the dog was found distressed and running from the bench to the gate didn't they? Can anyone confirm this?
I just question that as usually when I go out of my dogs sight, he stands/ sits in the last place he saw me head to/ go. And so my thought process is if she went in the water he would be sitting at the waters edge, maybe?
I mean who knows, it's just a thought.

Wow this thread really has become quite nasty hasn't it, it seems if you don't agree that it was an accident you're some crazy armchair detective whos obsessed about true crime and you get shouted down.
Why can't we all just have our own opinions we don't have to agree.
There's no evidence to suggest anything sinister happened but there's also no evidence yet to suggest it was an accident either.
There are things about the situation that seem a bit odd or don't add up I guess time will tell.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Yes, you’re right. He nipped down to the river, completely unspotted on the way by other dog walkers in an area where he was well known, pushed her into the river and/or murdered/ abducted her and hid her somewhere, all in 10 minutes and somehow the dog didn’t follow him, got back in short order, AND the police completely forgot to find out where he was during that time. He gave it all away when he said “dream” instead of “bad dream” during a 2 minute interview. Case closed! 🧐
Have you told Facebook? I really think you’ve cracked this yanno 😜

• Haha
I sometimes hide behind a tree to see if my dog misses me when I walk him. He never ever does. He looks around, and then sees other dogs and off he goes. Specially if there’s a ball. Not all dogs are the same. Not all people respond in the same way. I sometimes worry my dog is more like a cat, because he’s very affectionate but when we’re out he’s in his own world.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.