Nicola Bulley Missing #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a strange speech from the police commissioner… sounds like they are throwing the towel. But I hope they are just trying to protect some massive evidence they have. Ball in the water? The doggy would have been the first to jump in. And if she had been in difficulties in the river, let’s say the most fearful dog would still have tried to get in, he would be filthy in mud. The dog was without his harness. If the leash was still attached to the harness, it means whatever happened, it was almost immediately after the second witness saw her. She hadn’t removed the leash and whoever took her, they were in a pretty hurry and couldn’t get that finicky clasp to open. They set up the scene to look exactly like that: she sat down, removed the dog harness and somehow fell into the water. I also wonder what happened in that call… I still have a feeling regarding mental health issues…

Reactions: 8
Someone said to me that the weir would have stopped her body, but aren’t weirs like mini waterfalls?

Reactions: 2
new to thread - have been following this on the news but didn’t know it was being discussed here. I reckon the simplest answer is unfortunately the correct one, she was on her work call and the dog either took off after a bird or something towards the water or was runnning around and maybe barked which she thought was distress and went down to look for it in a panic (leaving her phone on the bench). That bank of the river looks v steep and with her wearing wellies you could assume it was muddy/slippy.
then there the element of cold water shock and currents, I also don’t know if her family mentioned she was a strong swimmer or not?
I think, sadly, she’s in the river and I hope they find her soon for the family’s sake ❤

Reactions: 24
It's only natural for people to speculate on a case like this when it is so mysterious and high profile but when there has been such massive resource put into the search, the police have analysed all the evidence and scrutinised the scene etc it's a bit mad how many people who only know about it from reading about it online think they have a better grasp of it.
Not particularly aimed at people on here but I completely agree , it's laughable when people on social media think they know better than the Police and comment on their posts with how they would do it or telling them what crimes they should be looking at. It doesn't help when there is one dodgey Police officer and they're like "see ALL Police are corrupt" 🙄

(Sorry off topic there)

Reactions: 31
Not particularly aimed at people on here but I completely agree , it's laughable when people on social media think they know better than the Police and comment on their posts with how they would do it or telling them what crimes they should be looking at. It doesn't help when there is one dodgey Police officer and they're like "see ALL Police are corrupt" 🙄

(Sorry off topic there)
Well said. You get dodgy professionals in all walks of life but on the whole I would say the police know exactly what they are doing, it's not their first rodeo after all.
Whatever the outcome I hope it concludes soon so the family at least have answers.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s so confusing because at first they said her phone was on the bench, then I read somewhere her phone was actually not on the bench but near it ?

Reactions: 3
It’s the dogs harness being off for me ….. why????
I don't necessarily find this that strange however the partner/family would be able to confirm if this was normal.

I would remove my dogs harness when being off lead if:-

1) It was particularly muddy
2) I knew there was fox poo about
3) Near water (if a material harness and dog goes in water it would chaffe on walk back home)

Sorry to say though I am one of "those" and I do think there is something suspicious with this although i won't go blasting my opinions on social media/forums because it is just my opinion on the limited info given and it could be hurtful to family.

Reactions: 14
I’ve never heard of someone remove a dog harness when walking their dog. Taking dog off lead YES. Taking harness off dog? Pointless

Reactions: 13
Unless the police have put out a false timeline and they have put out a totally false outline of what likely happened, it's clear that she ended up in the river and drowned.

The only people who will have reasons to reject that hypothesis is her family, and anyone else who loved her.

They are going to hold out hope that the reason for her disappearance is anything but drowning as they will not give up hope she is alive.

I lost my Mum a month ago and its the worst thing I have ever gone through and I'm still struggling to function. I cannot even begin to imagine what her family are going through.

I'd love to come up with some convoluted scenario that meant there was a chance she was still alive but nothing other than drowning makes sense.
I’m so sorry. It’s been a year since I lost my Dad and it’s changed me forever.
I too completely understand why her Family can’t accept the Police theory. Of course they want to cling to the hope that she’s alive.
I just wish them, and you, and everyone who has experienced the awfulness of loss, strength and peace x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I would say the police know exactly what they are doing, it's not their first rodeo after all.
I disagree with this in parts to be honest. For the police there this is their first event with dealing with a huge media storm and often this does change how they conduct.
The police are professionals and their working conclusion has a high % of being right, but doesn't make it 100%. The most likely scenario is probably what happened, but there's still a chance it could be something else.

Reactions: 11
I think the other question is it a busy place cause if it is surely someone would have seen/heard her fall into the water.

Reactions: 5
Someone said to me that the weir would have stopped her body, but aren’t weirs like mini waterfalls?
Depends on the design of the weir. It might only let through 2" of water at the top and anything bigger wont pass.

Reactions: 2
I disagree with this in parts to be honest. For the police there this is their first event with dealing with a huge media storm and often this does change how they conduct.
The police are professionals and their working conclusion has a high % of being right, but doesn't make it 100%. The most likely scenario is probably what happened, but there's still a chance it could be something else.
Fair point. You are right.

Reactions: 3
Jeez Louise. Why are people so obsessed with the flamin' dog harness? I can't imagine one single officer involved gave a damn about it but you all go on as if it's a crucial key to solving this "mystery". :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think the other question is it a busy place cause if it is surely someone would have seen/heard her fall into the water.
Could have easily been no one within shouting distance at the time. Sadly with cold water it can take you in seconds.

Reactions: 7
I don’t think she’ll be found far from where she disappeared. There was another poster who mentioned another man going missing and his body being found 2 miles away weeks later.

the tide goes back and forth all the time and her clothing is probably getting caught up on debris or rocks in the water. I think that’s what the press conference was for today too, to stop speculation but to tell people what she was wearing so they can look out for it when the time comes.
Yes you're right. That's the most likely outcome, the river is so deep, and currents aren't usually a straight flow out to sea. When we were searching for a kiddie a couple of years ago, there was an undercurrent flowing one way, and the current flowing the other. The river team were adamant he would be found in a certain area not far from where he fell in. And eventually, a week later, what happens around that time, is that the body decomposition leads to gas build up and the body floats to the surface. I won't ever forget that day, we had gone to back up the river search teams, were standing near the river having a handover, someone shouted there he is, and the lad just floated downriver having been freed by his body 'blowing up' with gas exactly where the experts knew he would be.. Not sure whether this would likely happen with Nicola, given all the clothing she was wearing, she may be more entangled than he was, but I do hope she is found soon.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
lancs police dealt with the media storm around poor Lindsay Birbeck too.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.