Nicola Bulley Missing #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jeez Louise. Why are people so obsessed with the flamin' dog harness? I can't imagine one single officer involved gave a damn about it but you all go on as if it's a crucial key to solving this "mystery". :LOL:
Killers always stop to remove a dog's harness to give the dog more chance of attacking them. FACT.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Jeez Louise. Why are people so obsessed with the flamin' dog harness? I can't imagine one single officer involved gave a damn about it but you all go on as if it's a crucial key to solving this "mystery". :LOL:
And quite a few people here have stated they’d remove their dog’s harness to avoid it getting muddy or wet.

Reactions: 10
Her family have said the same thing. They don’t believe the police have evidence to support the theory. It sounds like they have no evidence at all.
That’s exactly why the police did the press conference yesterday. To stop the family from turning this into something it isn’t.

Reactions: 12
I disagree with this in parts to be honest. For the police there this is their first event with dealing with a huge media storm and often this does change how they conduct.
The police are professionals and their working conclusion has a high % of being right, but doesn't make it 100%. The most likely scenario is probably what happened, but there's still a chance it could be something else.
Which is exactly what the PS at the briefing said yesterday. Having examined all the evidence their working hypothesis is she fell into the river, but they are open to other lines of enquiry and appealing for help in trying to fill in the missing 10 minutes.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I guess when a family member just disappears your mind can’t work it out so you must jump to all conclusions. I know even when my daughter doesn’t answer her phone for a while I immediately jump to all different scenarios and never think of the basic that she’s ran out of charge. I think the most likely scenario is she took the harness off to preempt the dog may get messy whilst she was sitting down on a call then for whatever reason she fell into the water and most likely has been swept out to sea. Maybe sometimes the most basic, preventable ways are the most saddest.

Reactions: 13
And quite a few people here have stated they’d remove their dog’s harness to avoid it getting muddy or wet.
To be fair I never take my dogs harness off on normal walks as it’s a faff, I’d rather wash it because I’m lazy 😅 but everyone’s different! I do see people removing harnesses. If they’re going into water it should be removed as well. My dog is some sort of ninja and has also managed to squeeze herself out of her harness a couple of times, for example when she tried to get under a gate 🙄 so there’s maybe lots of reasons why the harness wasn’t on. The phone being left on a bench would be more strange to me than the harness, simply because I work from home sometimes and take calls, I always carry my phone (and laptop sometimes) round the house even if I’m just listening in to a call in case I need to quickly unmute or have an input, I definitely wouldn’t leave it on a bench either, not even for two seconds unless I’d asked someone to watch it for me.

Reactions: 6
Apparently this is where the river wyre leads to, into the sea. oh my god i hope they extend their search. it’d be bad enough thinking she’s in a river but the sea?!
That makes it all the more likely that under currents are strong in that river. There are ways to read the tides and currents etc to establish where something that got carried away is likely to wash up. I'm sure the police will be consulting with the experts.

Reactions: 7
People watch a few true crime documentaries on netflix and all of a sudden they're Sherlock Holmes.

When a person goes missing next to a river, the most likely outcome is they're in the river.

Reactions: 44
That’s exactly why the police did the press conference yesterday. To stop the family from turning this into something it isn’t.
I can perfectly understand the family keeping all options open because I think I would too. Anything but face the fact she probably drowned and isn’t coming back. You can’t blame them for that (not saying you are). Some complete strangers find it impossible to imagine that a silly thing like slipping into a river and drowning can cause someone to die, let alone being a loved one of hers. But people do die from silly things. That must be the hardest ones to accept as it makes you scared of how random life is and that there is no such thing as reason to it. It can end at any minute and I often fear that myself.

Reactions: 31
Also people who can swim tend not to see drowning as a risk. They don't realise exactly how easy it is to drown, especially in cold water with strong currents, fully clothed.

Reactions: 21
I just find it so tragic what true crime culture (and viewing the tragedy of others as salacious escapism rather than an upsetting real life incident) has done to some people.

Now every Sue from Cleethorpes believes that each death they hear about will be the same as the ones they “consume” on Netflix and YouTube. Nobody ever passes away in a tragic accident, it has to be a grizzly murder or a grand conspiracy. And because they are so used to viewing these real life events as content to be consumed rather than grief to be respected, there is little regard for the personal dignity of the families left behind (who are often accused of murder, despite all the evidence pointing to the contrary).

The sooner this genre fades away, the better.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
I can perfectly understand the family keeping all options open because I think I would too. Anything but face the fact she probably drowned and isn’t coming back. You can’t blame them for that (not saying you are). Some complete strangers find it impossible to imagine that a silly thing like slipping into a river and drowning can cause someone to die, let alone being a loved one of hers. But people do die from silly things. That must be the hardest ones to accept as it makes you scared of how random life is and that there is no such thing as reason to it. It can end at any minute and I often fear that myself.
How long until the ‘Nicola’s army’ shows up? I think unless her body is found soon, this is a very likely scenario as there are plenty of people out there eager to ‘solve it’ their own way without any involvement from the police.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
How long until the ‘Nicola’s army’ shows up? I think unless her body is found soon, this is a very likely scenario as there are plenty of people out there eager to ‘solve it’ their own way without any involvement from the police.
I fear even if she is found people will then say she was pushed or something. Some people just can’t accept that there is such a thing as accidents and not everything is a Netflix documentary in the making.

Reactions: 18
What I find most strange is in the interview he said “it is like a dream” - such an odd choice of words. Surely it would be a “nightmare” and far from a dream. I watched the interview very carefully and some of his eye movements are when you are retrieving a memory. I really hope I am wrong and he was just nervous and in a state of shock.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Her family have said the same thing. They don’t believe the police have evidence to support the theory. It sounds like they have no evidence at all.
I’m sure that a working hypothesis that she drowned accidentally with no actual physical proof of that must be completely unacceptable for that dreadfully traumatised family.

That doesn’t mean that the police, and the hypothesis they’re working with based on the evidence they have reviewed, are wrong.

Reactions: 14
Regarding the harness. The only person who can say if it's normal for Nicola to have removed it is her family.
For me walking my dog , yes it would weird. It would also be weird for me to let my dog off the lead near a fast flowing river though (not sure what this particular river is like).

Reactions: 14
I’ve never heard of someone remove a dog harness when walking their dog. Taking dog off lead YES. Taking harness off dog? Pointless
To be fair, it depends on how good the dog is off lead. I would never take my puppy's off because I'll always want to be able to grab him (plus he hates having it put on 😅)

But harnesses can be a pain to dry so if she was planning on the dog going in the water, maybe that's why it was off? It is a big mystery though and that may not be the explanation at all!

Reactions: 5
What I find most strange is in the interview he said “it is like a dream” - such an odd choice of words. Surely it would be a “nightmare” and far from a dream. I watched the interview very carefully and some of his eye movements are when you are retrieving a memory. I really hope I am wrong and he was just nervous and in a state of shock.
Do you not think that the police would have quickly eliminated him from their enquiries by ensuring they knew exactly where he was during that period of time?

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.