Nicola Bulley Missing #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
100% possible she could of fallen in but I think most people are confused by what she was actually doing so close to the bank. I walk along a river quite often but walking along the river where I walk and being on the actual river bank so I’d fall in, there’s a big difference between. I’ve never, ever, gone down the bank because I know it’s dangerous. I’m sure other people will say they have though. I think because the phone was left on the bench as well people are just curious what she was doing and what lead her to go close to the river.
It's just people's opinions they are allowed to have them you know
Just as people are allowed to respond and critique those opinions, and take the piss if they're daft ones. It's not a one way street.

Reactions: 11
I'm not talking about critising it's calling people names etc for having a different opinion
Those "different opinions" ie wild speculation based on literally nothing, are harmful to the actual family at the heart of this case.

Don't like it, don't post.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Wow this thread really has become quite nasty hasn't it, it seems if you don't agree that it was an accident you're some crazy armchair detective whos obsessed about true crime and you get shouted down.
Why can't we all just have our own opinions we don't have to agree.
There's no evidence to suggest anything sinister happened but there's also no evidence yet to suggest it was an accident either.
There are things about the situation that seem a bit odd or don't add up I guess time will tell.
Well said and exactly this..It feels like we are being bullied into accepting of the accident/ fell into the river theory. But until this is proved we can all have our own opinions and we can ALL state them freely and clearly. Foul play by the husband or an accomplice and a staged missing person is my theory and that's that. Until I'm proved wrong but not by people who only know as much as me . 👍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Maybe we should all calm down! Let’s all agree we’d make a crap police team okay? We’re not going to solve it on tattle. But if comments get thrown around like: 100% sure it was the husband and things like that, expect people to tell you to sit down Agatha. Most of us accept its an accident. Some say there’s more to it. Meh. Fact is, she’s still not been found and it’s harder to find a body that’s ended up in a river than someone who has been killed near that spot.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
This situation is similar to the one my family found ourselves in, many years ago. Despite extensive police investigations, we have devastatingly never got any answers about what happened and have had to learn to live with that. We got closure of sorts by a body being found and a cause of death (drowning) but it is still a mystery as to what happened.

The period in which my close family member (a parent) was missing was extremely traumatic. We were watched very closely by the police, hounded by the local media and it was the closest thing to hell on earth that I could imagine. I am remain traumatised by the experience over two decades on. To go through this experience with the intensity of the online conspiracy theories and scrutiny of the family members doesn't bare thinking about.

I couldn't think straight, couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, could barely string a sentence together let alone a coherent one. I remember nervous laughter, my external emotional reactions not matching my internal ones (smiling when dying inside to try and project an image as 'ok' when I was anything but). I remember a police officer staring at me when my sister said something that made me smile, it felt like I shouldn't possibly be able to smile in that situation.

I am glad that most of you have no idea how you would react, but I can tell you it might not be exactly as you think it would be. If Nicola's partner said something you believe you wouldn't have said, or did something you think you wouldn't have done, you may judge him but you probably shouldn't. We react in different ways when we are under intense stress. I have some insight but it wasn't the media storm that this is.

My heart goes out to Nicola's family and friends. They may read the online comments and theories. They will undoubtedly be affected by them, especially her partner and children. It WILL add another layer of trauma. It's already an extremely traumatic thing to live through.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 80
Well said and exactly this..It feels like we are being bullied into accepting of the accident/ fell into the river theory. But until this is proved we can all have our own opinions and we can ALL state them freely and clearly. Foul play by the husband or an accomplice and a staged missing person is my theory and that's that. Until I'm proved wrong but not by people who only know as much as me . 👍
Based on what evidence that isn't more likely to be explained by a river fall?

Reactions: 6
This is gonna end up shut down if everyone keeps arguing 😬

we are all allowed our opinions however daft they may seem to other people

Im sure we can all agree that we want answers for her poor family

What a strange speech from the police commissioner… sounds like they are throwing the towel. But I hope they are just trying to protect some massive evidence they have. Ball in the water? The doggy would have been the first to jump in. And if she had been in difficulties in the river, let’s say the most fearful dog would still have tried to get in, he would be filthy in mud. The dog was without his harness. If the leash was still attached to the harness, it means whatever happened, it was almost immediately after the second witness saw her. She hadn’t removed the leash and whoever took her, they were in a pretty hurry and couldn’t get that finicky clasp to open. They set up the scene to look exactly like that: she sat down, removed the dog harness and somehow fell into the water. I also wonder what happened in that call… I still have a feeling regarding mental health issues…
Not necessarily dogs can sense danger and although Willow had probably been in that river before it’s less likely in such cold weather and perhaps where it wasn’t so steep. She could have seen Nicola go in and not come up and that panicked her, as one newspaper stated Willow was found running between the bench and the river.

Reactions: 7
Well the main three situations of what happened are likely to be....

1. she fell in the river
2. suicide
3. something sinister

Reactions: 6
Just adding my 2pence, wellies leave quite a obvious footprint
Would they though if the ground was hard and she was quite petite. That’s not a criticism of your comment just a thought, also lots of walkers in this weather would wellies.

Reactions: 3
Maybe we should all calm down! Let’s all agree we’d make a crap police team okay? We’re not going to solve it on tattle. But if comments get thrown around like: 100% sure it was the husband and things like that, expect people to tell you to sit down Agatha. Most of us accept its an accident. Some say there’s more to it. Meh. Fact is, she’s still not been found and it’s harder to find a body that’s ended up in a river than someone who has been killed near that spot.
Yes, didn’t someone on the previous thread post something long the lines of “the partner did it - mark my words!”
They may *think* he did but stating it as if it is a fact is wrong.
Likewise I *think* it was an accident but I cannot state that as fact. I would not or could not post “it was an accident - mark my words” because I don’t KNOW. Unfortunately none of us know and sadly, unless she is found, we possibly never will.

Was it reported that she was wearing AirPods?
Is it feasible that one could have fallen out and she went to retrieve it and slipped? She’s more likely to take a risk near the rivers edge to retrieve an AirPod than a tennis ball because they’re so expensive.

• Heart
100% possible she could of fallen in but I think most people are confused by what she was actually doing so close to the bank. I walk along a river quite often but walking along the river where I walk and being on the actual river bank so I’d fall in, there’s a big difference between. I’ve never, ever, gone down the bank because I know it’s dangerous. I’m sure other people will say they have though. I think because the phone was left on the bench as well people are just curious what she was doing and what lead her to go close to the river.
I just wonder if she was trying to stop her dog entering the water and attempting to put the harness on her. Bent forward stepping on the ankle length gilet and lost her footing. I believe the harness was found in between the bench and the riverbank.

Reactions: 8
How long until the ‘Nicola’s army’ shows up? I think unless her body is found soon, this is a very likely scenario as there are plenty of people out there eager to ‘solve it’ their own way without any involvement from the police.
This must be a pain in the arse for police and terribly hurtful for her family.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.