Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SmudgeTheCat

Chatty Member
Where that gate is on the upper field there is actually fencing although it has barbed wire, you could get through it

Reactions: 2

Sunday Girl

When did Mr fluffy dog come onto the scene? Was it when string lady tied Willow up, before dashing off to her appointment or was it later on when the DIL showed up?

Was DIL there with string lady?

I thought I read that string lady and fluffy dog man were together at the bench at some point?
Yeh I read that they’d met and chatted briefly and Mrs string told him what she’d found, he then went home, in the direction on Rowan water

• Wow

Stormintowonderland

The thing that is very strange about all this (and apologies if it’s been mentioned before) is how well he knew her routine -it seems like the relationship was a bit controlling. My husband by his own admittance wouldn’t even think to check on me after being 15 min late, he said he might send me a text after an hour and certainly wouldn’t know what I was wearing. Why did Nicola keep to such a routine? I know with work etc… but she was at work on a Teams call she could be as long as she wanted

Ireckon

VIP Member
Yeah maybe. Not sure social services would allow this to happen. Police even. I could ask my cousin who’s a detective and see what he says around legality of it.
Do we know if they’ve contacted the nearest women’s shelter? Just as a random thought..? I know parents all do diff things and feel diff about things but I’d find it hard to find any mother who would leave 2 children with a parent if they wanted to leave and stage an elaborate plan to do so. I mean she didn’t know it would end up National news as it has so it’ll be so hard for her now, if she’s alive. Although I honestly don’t think she is.

I was up reading the last thread in the early hours and I’ve tried to think of all possible scenarios and what would happen next… I honestly think she’s dead. Problem is like someone said that in a village there’slittle cctv and much harder to trace someone’s last movements. If she’s not in the river she’s out at see (if the river is even that bad for currents!?) I’m surprised they haven’t sent a dummy down it to be honest unless I’ve missed that
Yes that’s what I do when I accidentally drop a small thing on the floor and can’t find it I drop something else and watch where it goes - usually does the trick

• Haha

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
I haven't been able to read everything so apologies if I'm repeating someone else but was it said what headphones she was wearing on the call? If they were airpods surely they could track them but if they were headphones with a wire you'd wonder why she disconnected them. Maybe she was playing the call out loud also.

I always use my phone on loud speaker but have been thinking the headphones through. Did she always use them?
Sorry if I’m duplicating an answer but -

pommobear

VIP Member
When people think suicide, is the thought that she has entered the river? Or done it a different way?

puddleduck

VIP Member
Oh heck daisy! If you were hiding or being kept captive,that would be the last consideration I think, they'd/she'd be on a bucket with a carrier bag lining.
Disclaimer: I only know this is a thing as it's what workmen do in vans if no portaloo services on site, or in the case of blocked toilets, or as an emergency if you are doing a house renovation and the plumbers can't come for days........ 😔
---

Yes, they do. It's regional. We always say 'on the floor' as opposed to on the ground. Xx
People do it in camper vans as well 😁 🤣 😂

• Haha

Sunday Girl

my partner said the same thing!
maybe cos that’s near to the last place they can actually confirm she was seen last? Must’ve been very soon after that whatever happended, that cameras might’ve shown somebody else talking to her, or maybe see her fall

Merpedy

VIP Member
Yellow is Rowanwater Mobile Home Park (broken CCTV) where there is an exit
Ah I was just looking at that part as I thought - the path is even closer to the river and looks like you could easily fall in if you slipped, or generally has a way easier entrance. There's a couple of pictures on it on Google maps
It's probably an interest spot for those reasons

I know it's not great (because the picture is small already) but a key on the picture or a quick note somewhere would be really helpful. Especially with so many new people appearing on these threads

I've been looking at whether anything came up with the white dog witness and there doesn't seem to be anything. Where have people got this idea that he did see anything??

Reactions: 1

Oldcat

Chatty Member
If she were of sound mind (not sure she could have planned all that if she weren’t) and did all that, on top of the stress she’s caused her children, her partner, sister, her poor dog and her parents who are elderly and were in tears, then she really would be a nasty piece of work. I don’t see her doing that myself.

Takes all sorts and we have no idea of her personality! what she was really like!

Sunday Girl

I don’t think he saw N, just happened to be at the bench at same time as Mrs String (I can’t stop calling her that now)
---

No, they’ve now announced (via a neighbour 🤷🏼‍♀️) that she had them with her
So could they be tracked at all, by Mercedes I mean?

just had a little look. they can but only up to 10/15 ft range

Lilylate

VIP Member
Yes. The same friend I mentioned previously with the lazy husband who expects her to do ALL the childcare behaves like this also. He is always texting her, calling her even if he knows where she is.

Guess which partner was the one who cheated.
100% him!