Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sunday Girl

Is this gonna be a new thing now? Getting ppl on a show who are going through a trauma like this, to then discuss it/them as a panel. Like a new crime watch type thing, but all judging the person every single movement and breath. I know it’s normal human curiosity and we all question stuff, tv and media make me sick though, vultures hovering.. 😡

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 25

Kofi Annan

Was out walking my dog before with my husband when I mentioned how ridiculous this whole circus has become. He laughed and recalled how fixated I had been back in the day when Raol Moat had gone on the rampage before hunkering down in the woods.
I remember being obsessed with all the Sky News coverage and staying up all night to watch grainy night vision footage.
I told him it wasn't the same. Shit was actually real time happening back then and reporting in that way was in its infancy. It then struck me what I think the issue is here.
We have become a nation of greedy drama feeders. You can access click-bait "watch the end" clips where Karen's cause chaos in seconds and "real-life footage that will shock you" is just at our fingertips.
It's hard to accept she may have just fallen in so every Tom, Dick and Harry are pouring over every single detail: the dog, her partner, her friends, her social media, her kids, her habits, her finances and on and on and on.
I worry how disappointed people will be when she floats up to the surface. But then I guess there is always the next mystery to solve.

• Sad

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Had one of those Police community officers turn up at my house before. Long story short neighbour tried to fuck around and she found out. Back to the point I had just woken up when he turned up at my house. Let him in not realising he would stand at my bedroom door licking his lips as I got out my pyjamas, started rifling through my cupboards and generally trying to bully me and refusing to leave. Had to call 101 who ordered him to leave immediately. Complained to police who came back with I should be greatful he didn't call for back up to arrest me (for being upset this big towering man was sexually harrasing me). He's now a Labour Councillor for his local area.

• Wow
  • Angry

intheindustry

VIP Member
Police profilers are surely working frantically and looking at footage of friends and family.
Profilers knew Shannon Matthews mum was involved based on body language and her behaviour when they spent time with the mum during the investigation.
The police will be privy to emails, texts, bank accounts, whereabouts and if anything seems suspicious they’ll be quietly observing and hoping someone trips up.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Just watched it and my main thought is.....Jeez Emma you need to get some decent false eyelashes, those are like spiders legs!
I must admit I thought if anything good comes out of all this is that Emma sees how dated her make up is and ditches the heavy eyeliner and lashes and has an update. 😳
I’m going to hell... 😢

• Haha
  • Heart

Sunday Girl

I’m normally a suspicious, cynical bitch but I’m not getting bad vibes from paul, just don’t feel he had anything to do with it. I felt sorry for him doing that tonight, awful to watch.

• Heart

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
‘It doesn’t feel real’ ‘I feel like I’m going to wake up’ - this is exactly how I describe my trauma to be fair. Totally different thing but it’s still a trauma response.

• Heart
  • Sad

olivia321

VIP Member
I’m too tired to go through 30 odd pages, so

I didn’t like the interview it felt uncomfortable and forced, I’m 99% sure Paul is just a broken man who doesn’t know how to conduct himself and nor would I. Emma is an opportunist she has mascara on her fake lashes 🤢

I think Nicola has been taken and it’s looking less likely she’s alive, my heart hurts for the little girls, this is a fucking horrendous story.

Reactions: 24

EllaBella89

VIP Member
Good work, keep criticising the police and spurring on these fucking lunatic urban explorers.
I wish Emma would stop with the bring Nikki home stuff, it’s so trite and not a tagline. Give me strength!

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
I don't think this programme is going to go well for the partner. Social media is already primed to find guilt in him, they're going to be picking at all sorts.

• Sad

surlook

VIP Member
Or she’s had another guy on the side. That’s what my sister thinks. As her boyfriend is very odd.
so left him and gone off with him maybe it’s red van man
And leave her two girls behind? Leave her business, her income? That doesn't make sense. She could have just left her partner.

avabella

VIP Member
I say good on him! If my loved one was missing I'd be moving hell on earth to get their face out there, their story, any information that could help. He's made some connections and he's running with it, good for him.

• Heart

Zelig

One of the strangest programmes I have ever seen, not sure there has been anything like this before. I thought tne whole prog was just weird. I hope Nicola is safe and well, but I cant help thinking why they dont do this kind of thing for other missing persons..

freaknasty

Chatty Member
This reminds me of the Watts Family case, everyone believed that the husband wasnt part of them going missing until we found out he unalived them all.
No one ever believed he wasn’t involved, the neighbour said it was him straight away 🤣

• Wow

Leo100

VIP Member
One thing I did find odd was when he was asked what he thought about the theories and people suspecting him, he was very defensive and like "well the Police have checked me so there" if that was me I would be like I literally don't care what anyone thinks I just want my partner back.

However I'm not saying that means I think he is behind it as he is not me and we all react in our own ways , just something I picked up on

At this point I'm as baffled as the next person and the way it's had so much coverage and a full show makes it even more bizarre

Reactions: 23