Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dove88

I now think, for whatever reason, Nicola may have walked away.

This whole case makes me feel... odd.

Reactions: 30

coconochanel

VIP Member
When he said its usually chaotic but that day went smoothly regarding the kids packed lunches etc made me think 'did she plan to disappear?'

• Heart

BigMavis

VIP Member
I've come 360 and back with the water theory.
If you discount what Faulding has said its easier.
The new leads aren't new leads they're clickbait and have been followed up by the police.
Nobody wants to believe their loved one has entered water weeks ago, the family are clinging on to remaining hope.

flutternutter

VIP Member
He puts me in mind of how my husband would act. Very 'matter of fact', seemingly unemotional, perhaps even quite flippant. Without wanting to sound stereotypical, some men are just like that, it's how they've been brought up - the old 'big boys don't cry' etc.

He looks absolutely done in.
In fairness I've just told my hubby to cry if i ever go missing because I know for a fact he would come across guilty 😂 he's very matter of fact

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
Yes. Not to mention the involuntary gasp you’d do because of the cold water….. and if your head is under water when you do that it won’t end well 😢
This happened to my work mate. He jumped over a wall drunk not knowing there was a large drop on the other side. He fell and hit his head, went unconscious and drowned face down in about 6 inches of water 😞

• Sad
  • Wow

Hannah_204

VIP Member
Not sure if this posted before the cut off for the last thread but just having a brain dump..I think the only thing about the lady who found the dog/phone/harness that seems a bit off to me is the circumstances in which she found those things and the timeline. Surely finding those items alone right next to a river, where there is a sign to say that the water is dangerous/deep would at least spur you on to look in the water on raise some concern that there might have been an accident near the water?
The timeline posted by Nicola's friend said that the lady found the dog etc at 9.33 but no further alarm was raised until 10.50 am when her daughter in law went to the bench and recognised Nicola's dog/screen saver on her phone. That's almost an hour and a half. She also tied the dog up with string?? I mean while you are doing that are you not thinking what the heck is going on? I'm assuming police know where she went during that hour and a half period of time, I gather she is elderly so possibility of her doing anything seems slim but there is just something about her account that seems strange. I do believe that she own the caravan park where one of cctv cameras isn't operating. No tusr
I was thinking the other day if this was a tv show then she’d be addicted to prescription drugs and gone to meet someone dodgy at the caravan park to get some and there would have been an accident. The caravan lady would think it was bad for business hidden the body and moved all her stuff and her dog to the bench.
But it’s real life so she probably fell in the river.

• Haha

Pumpkin84

VIP Member
Slightly baffled by this tv show tonight. Usually if these things get televised, its after the mystery has been solved, or when it's become a cold case for a few years, to bring attention back to it, in the hopes that someone might come out of the woodwork with new information. It would be nice if at the end of this show they could put a list up of other people that are also missing. I feel so bad for other families that are going through the same, that have not had this level of attention and help.

puddleduck

VIP Member
I'm very tired and I come here this week to de stress so am now probably going to talk a load of rubbish.
I just watched that snippet of interview and for the first time since watching the partner I picked up a really strange vibe, I don't know what it was, but it was something.
Am going to be thinking about it all night now but can I just say (please don't jump on me 😅, ) how can he be 100% sure she is not in the river unless he knows she is somewhere else?
Am closing door on my way out 😔

Reactions: 28

Sunday Girl

I’m just thinking ppl are losing are losing their shit over a shadow on Paul’s cheek, what are they gonna do when they see a tatty red van parked outside!

• Haha
  • Heart

SmudgeTheCat

Chatty Member
How anyone can think this guy is involved….you can tell how broken he is. He’s just trying to keep him together

• Sad

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
I dunno if its just me , but i felt really uncomfortable watching that programme. I cant explain why, nor do i have any negative feelings to nicolas partner etc. I just felt it was quite intrusive.
Yes and then the sickly unnecessary moment of the two men egged on by Walker discussing wedding plans that can go ahead when she gets back !
I think it veered way off into the strange.
I'm surprised they didn't discuss Maddie McCann being a flower girl.

• Haha

Bedd5

His face lit up when he started talking about Nicola, surely you can't put that on 🤷‍♀️

• Heart

Dove88

I don't know what to think anymore. I was certain it was a tragic accident but as time goes on it feels like more details are emerging that throw doubt on that, rightly or wrongly.

It definitely has made me consider my walking routes. I'm very much a creature of habit and this has given me a jolt to switch things up a little. You just never know who is observing your routine. Not saying that's what happened in Nicola's case, but without finding her we'll never truly know, I guess.

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
Worst thing that I discovered during the programme was that my husband thinks Peter Faulding is “the dogs bollocks” - his actual words! 🤬
30+ years together and I’m questioning if I even know him at all! 😮😉

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

RinsedHoops

Chatty Member
There are two caravan parks I believe. Anyone got a map of where all these caravan parks are with the weir and the sluice and the tow path, last sighting etc because I am continually getting confused. I am under the impression that the caravan park where no cctv works is not the caravan park the string lady owns. Her daughter in law runs the pods next door to her campsite which is different again. They look great on a vid I found on line but the beds would do my old back in.

Also, what the devil is the confusion about the phone on the floor, there was another witness to willow just after string lady found her, he found the phone and put it on the bench right?

And another thing that is going round my head this morning after hearing Pauls and N's friends/sis's? statements. Both are talking of 'the sofa'. Do they believe that she might possibly of gone for a wander as she is low and are encouraging back to her favourite place, the sofa, with the girls?
The family and friends are just holding out hope that somehow she'll come back safe. We know she's almost certainly dead but while she's not found they'll find that small piece of hope difficult to let go of. That's human nature.

• Sad
Reactions: 27