Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
If this was Midsomer Murders my money would be on Eyeliner Emma and Paul having an affair. Eyeliner Emma did it and he’s covering for her. Police are giving them enough rope.

I hope not.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I also think NB’s friends have hindered more than helped with their conflicting info and caused unnecessary hurt to others iel. man in house that’s being renovated. If they felt the police weren’t taking their info about NB and what happened on they day she disappeared seriously, they’d have been far better to have one person only to speak on the family’s behalf. NB’s friends, Ex-Met and Faulding have all muddied the water so much, that the police will be inundated with completely irrelevant info that will still have to be sifted through to find the valid info, wasting so much time.
I think people seriously underestimate the amount of crud the police have to plough through in cases like this, from the concerned helpful who genuinely believe they saw her in the Edinburgh Wool Shop in Oban, or buying a pasty in St Ives to someone whose tea leaves told them she was calling herself Philomena and living in a caravan in Skegness and all of which have to be checked out.

Reactions: 34

90sGal

Chatty Member
I dont understand why a programme has been commissioned for what the police is an accident.

Don’tStart

VIP Member
I know we’ll never know what type of person Nicola was, other than the way her loved ones describe her but from everything I’ve heard about her, she really doesn’t strike me as the type of person that would voluntarily disappear.

Paul said they both view Willow as their third child. If she was planning on disappearing, why would she abandon Willow in a field, leaving her susceptible to dog thieves or distress? If she did want to leave Paul, why wouldn’t she take her children with her, considering she’s been portrayed as a devoted mother in the media? Why would she try to seemingly fake her own death, whereby she runs the risk of scarring her children for life, as opposed to just leaving Paul? If she did plan on voluntarily disappearing, why not throw the phone in the river, as opposed to leaving it on a bench? Why did she give no indication on the morning of her disappearance to either her children or her husband that she was planning on leaving? If she is alive, why hasn’t she turned up yet?

I genuinely can’t fathom the idea that she’s ran off in exchange for a new life, when this completely contradicts the way she’s been portrayed in the media. Family-oriented, caring, attentive etc. Surely the chance of her voluntarily performing a vanishing act is like 0.1%?

Last edited:
  • Heart

lime

If she has walked away I hope she's happy. She probably feels lighter just not having to see Emma

• Haha

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
My dog went to heaven 2 days after Nicola went missing and I'm in tears multiple times a day. Not a tear in sight from this man. Dunno if this interview was a good idea for him.

• Heart
  • Sad

BigMavis

VIP Member
Just to add nobody had any issue with Faulding, most were asking why the police hasn't used sonar already. Everyone was hopeful.
But then he started to talk. And talk. And talk.
First interview. She's not in the river. Phones a decoy innit.
Family bring him in. Yeah I'll find her, done this loadsa times.
K 👌 might be a problem here, don't think she's in here.
No idea where she is mate, I've asked the partner and he's innocent.
Certainly not here. Certainly not in the sea.
She might be in the sea. Good luck.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

avabella

VIP Member
He puts me in mind of how my husband would act. Very 'matter of fact', seemingly unemotional, perhaps even quite flippant. Without wanting to sound stereotypical, some men are just like that, it's how they've been brought up - the old 'big boys don't cry' etc.

He looks absolutely done in.

• Sad
Reactions: 33

Oldcat

Chatty Member
Regardless of whether he has been medicated or not, he is most definitely not giving us the whole story he’s hiding something.

And yes I am prepared to eat humble pie if I’m proved wrong 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Hannah_204

VIP Member
I’ve just realised how it felt. It felt like a program to put right the negative comments about him online, not a program about his partner going missing.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Just seen this very interesting tweet I dont know if it has been posted here yet:
Just a hunch, but if the Police saw the partner of a missing person with a black eye and refusing to take off a scarf … I think their spidey senses would have had a twangle.
Maybe even gone ‘Ello, ‘ello, ‘ello, wots all this then. <arms behind back, knees bend>

Last edited:
  • Haha

And_that's_okay!

VIP Member
I'm going to get a telling off for this but I believe the partner is responsible. If not directly (as proven via the home CCTV) he's had someone do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

noobie123

i do think particular points have been made in the media that may be aimed to almost guilt trip Nikki *if* she has disappeared voluntarily

‘the girls had to do a show without their mum watching’ and ‘the girls hair isn’t done like their mom would do it’

I hope that makes sense. I do wonder if there is more behind the scenes, not all relationships are as they seem. that is just me speculating, mind you.

I will also add I found it slightly odd how the first emotion Paul reeled off when asking how he’s feeling- was ‘angry’. Angry cos deep down thinks she’s done this off her own back maybe? I don’t know. I wasn’t expecting him to say that

• Sad

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Hate to quote mumsnet but someone posted on there at the beginning of the week a comment which was deleted, then the whole thread went. She said she was local and that they had separated shortly before she disappeared. This could be way off the mark along with the other wild allegations but would perhaps add to why he was very generic in his answering. Who knows.

• Wow

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I just don’t understand what the program is hoping to achieve? Usually a program like that will be to help find information on where the missing person could be because they have very little to go on, but the police are adamant they know where she is. A tv show won’t help find her in the river. All it’s going to do is whip the public in to a frenzy again for the weekend.

• Heart

SmudgeTheCat

Chatty Member
Yeah he’s fucking smiling btw cos he’s talking about his PARTNER and how amazing she is. So anyone who says different really is reaching

• Heart