Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LifeOfRiley

I think it’s interesting the partner said that all the children’s things were ready that morning which was unusual. Seems like the day was organised.

• Sad
Reactions: 23

WhoIsShe!

Can anyone confirm where the information about the caravan lady placing the phone on the bench came from as all the articles I've read have stated the phone was on the bench.

I'd be interested to know if Willow was on lead/harness in the upper field and if the phone was definitely pinged there. Could it be possible Nicola sat down at the bench to send emails and take the call placing it beside her on loud speaker. Willow slipped out of harness or she had taken it off and ran off towards the upper field and something may have gone wrong up there and she never returned to the bench at all?

As for her partner. I did initially think his wording and behaviour was rather odd but I think we are all hardwired to be suspicious of the husband/partner in these sorts of instances and he really is just as bewildered as everyone else. I also think information from the fitbit may suggest that something untoward has happened to Nicola whether she has fallen into the river or not which may explain why there is less of an emphasis on appealing for her to come home and more so on 'finding her'. Even if Paul managed to avoid being seen on his home door camera he would of had to have avoided neighbouring properties to sneak out of the house and also avoid being seen by anyone else heading towards the area Nicola was last seen. Its definitely Nicola on the footage that morning because she took her kids to school so we can rule out that he done anything to her before then and used the phone and dog as a decoy.

As for the cctv. If Nicola did come to any harm the person would have to know the blind spots of the trail and which cctv was working and I don't know about you guys but I certainly have no clue which cctv cameras are working in my local park or where they are situated. I guess someone could have just got lucky but it seems so unlikely to me that if she was murdered/abducted there were no screams or pleas for help heard and the culprit also managed to hide a body or remove her from the area before anyone else was alerted.

The only conclusion I can come to is that she went off on her own for whatever reason or she has fallen into the river or had a medical emergency/suicide in another area not yet discovered.

Already rambling on but just want to add. I lost my footing by a small ditch not very long ago and although it looked very difficult to injure yourself on a small incline once I had tried to put my hands out in front of me I went arse over tit and didn't stop tumbling until I got to the bottom. Seeing how difficult it was for the divers to get in and out I can see how she would have difficulty in the water.

brows3r10

It’s brave of him to agree to do this interview, extremely brave, if this was my partner I’d be in bits and wouldn’t be able to face talking about it, but it seems like he’s way too distressed and exhausted to be speaking about this so soon

• Heart
Jesus the program looks like it’s going to be odd like ‘at home with Paul’ I really can’t imagine my friends and family acting like this if I went missing.
Eyeliner Emma seems like that kind of woman though prob on the pta and right in the middle of everything. Don’t know about Paul though odd.
I feel like she's definitely on the PTA 😆

• Haha
  • Heart

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
He’s on auto pilot isn’t he.
He doesn’t actually know what words are coming out of his mouth.

An hour ago I thought that ⬆

I may live to regret this buuuuuuuuuut I’ve changed my mind.

By the end he was different. It could be argued that he was just more comfortable with the situation he was in and the conversation was more fluid, but (IMO) it had a different feel to it and the dissociation and ‘auto pilot’ at the start wasn’t there at the end.

• Heart

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Replying on here cos the other threads closed. I commented that I would walk the dog alone in secluded areas and that was met by surprise.

My friend goes fell running alone and commented that she's had more aggro from men in bars than she's ever had out on a fell. Maybe I'm just naive.

Nicola wasn't really in a secluded area, and Sarah Everard was kidnapped from a street in London (ok at night, but built up area).

50sGirl

VIP Member
Yeah and also tried to make him feel bad for not marrying her sooner, I thought that was awful.
Or, if Nicola has left willingly, could that have been their way of saying if she returns home they’ll have the big wedding, etc?

I think something may have been held back by the police regarding her mental health.

• Heart

Toffeebythesea

VIP Member
Am I the only person who think they are using to many police resources to try and find her? I’m not begrudging it for the family but 99.9% of families/people do not get this sort of money spent on their cases
I agree! I'd imagine there are many families of missing loved ones out there feeling very distraught and unheard

• Sad

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Did she normally work from home? Did her partner not think it strange she still wasn’t back at nearly 11am? Unless she normally did a 2 hour walk after the school run 🤷🏼‍♀️
tbf, even if you did think it's strange, would your mind immediately go to something untoward or tragic. If that happened to me, I'd probably fire off a quick text asking where they are and get on with my work. Chances are they're been held up in a meeting and sat in the car dealing with it, one of the kids forgot something and they've had to run into a shop to get it, stayed for ages chatting at the school etc. The last thing on my mind would be that they'd gone missing.

Cutie the cat

If my partner went missing I would not want to take part in a TV programme. This is the part I find hard to understand. If you were made to do a police appeal type thing then fair enough but why voluntarily do this type of programme/interview?

The Biscuit

An hour after she was last seen he starts work, then changes his clothes before going out to look for her? He changed his clothes.. 🤔

Dialls 999 on way there? Surely instinctively you'd think you would find her? U would phone the police AFTER u looked for her at the location?

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Many pages behind. Still watching. My fella has done a fair few years inside (not brilliant I know) and he peeps shady/criminal behaviour when he sees it and he's absolutely certain the partner at the very least 'knows something'.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Dan Walker was a dreadful person to chose to head up this programme. Smug and insincere. May as well have got Jeremy Kyle.

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
It’s going to be another one of those, turns up in a couple of weeks time washed up somewhere 😞
An inquest will be held and it will be recorded as accidental drowning
Poor lady

• Sad

Glittergirlie

VIP Member
I completely get why people don’t trust the police. I watched the documentary last night where female police officers were speaking out about their horrendous experiences with some of the male police and their reported concerns weren’t acted on professionally and often after they’d spoken out their lives were made very uncomfortable within the force, it’s despicable. I don’t have any reason to defend them. I had a terrible experience with them when I reported an ex was stalking me but that’s for a different thread.
But I feel this is different, not that they couldn't have messed up, but from the info they have given out to me it doesn’t come across that way. Also considering they have so many people working on this case across the board, I’d hope one would pick up something another could have missed, so not able to brush it under the carpet so to speak.
Years and years ago in the North East as a newly trained young police woman going through my training in the 1980's, it was awful! It was a job I grew up wanting to do from a young age. For young women in the police force it was awful! I had to resign for my mental health. Nothing has changed! It has affected me all my life.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

DairyleaD

Chatty Member
I can't help but think the guy interviewing him is trying to trip him up. I just have a really uneasy feeling about the whole thing. The programme is like a weird case study.