Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
I've been dipping in and out here and haven't had time to read all the comments where the thread is moving too quickly, so sorry if this has been mentioned or if I'm way off.

Does anyone else think that the live programme tonight is a bit odd? We've never had anything like this with missing people, or any crime to be fair, even weird cases.

I'm wondering if the police have suggested/helped organise/agreed to something like this (like they do vigils) to look and listen and else's there and what is said.
Maybe I'm over thinking and have watching one too many crime dramas, but its far too strange for a missing person

Also I saw Emma interviewed this morning and she said due to the nature of the river that its highly unlikely that a body would move far when "put" in the water.
I realise she's not a suspect, but it's not how you'd normally pick your words, and brings me back to the little things the police listen out for

Reactions: 27

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
It's the dog wearing the harness indoors for me...
Yeah that’s weird.

(and backwards that she doesn’t on a walk but let’s not go there!)

Also Willow is super stressed - open mouth panting, restless and pacing, can’t settle. She shouldn’t be there.

• Sad

lime

Oh Emma stop while you're ahead. Poor Nicola having you as her "best friend" representitive while she's missing. I would hope my friend would have a bit more gumption and be less of a broken record (and not find time to put on false bloody lashes!)

erin202x

I think watching the programme has made me certain Nikki is in the river or 3rd party is involved. Her partner saying she has never left the kids more then 2 nights since they were born, I am very much the same with my kids. She would never of left her kids putting them through this, her partner looks drained, I believe he is innocent & this is just a horrible tragedy.

• Sad
Reactions: 26

RinsedHoops

Chatty Member
Something odd about that work call i think . Would a mortgage company be ok about an employee dialling in to a teams meeting and going on mute i.e not make a contribution to the team meeting at all ? Why risk getting called out for walking your dog on work’s time when your partner is at home not needing to log on until later in the morning
My work (a bank) not only is happy for us to go a walk during the weekly huddle but actively encourage it. This has been discussed ad nauseum on these threads. Being on mute and camera off on big huddles is 100% normal

50sGirl

VIP Member
I’m more in the believe she’s been kidnapped if the phone was on the floor she’s likely dropped it startled when approached.

I just hate the thought of her drowning so I don’t know what to think.
You see of those 2 awful options, if I were her family I’d prefer she drowned than had God knows what done to her by a kidnapper. Very few people who have been kidnapped are found alive.

I honestly don’t think she has chosen to disappear. If she has, I think she’d have contacted the police by now and said she was fine but doesn’t want to come home. I just don’t think that is an option.

Sadly I think it’s highly unlikely she will be found alive. 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Why, if she had a work call at 9am, and he didn’t start work till 10, didn’t he take the kids to school that day? Instead, was looking forward to some peace and quiet. I don’t get it

• Heart

brows3r10

I literally feel sick. It’s getting obvious now that she isn’t in that river. If foul play is the case, then SOMEONE out there knows where she is, someone is probably watching this documentary, seeing her poor children, friends, family and her partner absolutely broken and devastated, knowing the answer. Pure torture. Makes me so upset 😞

• Sad
  • Heart

Rosie glow

VIP Member
I'm not sure what I have just watched, I'm actually more confused now than before.
The whole thing was just weird.
I can understand why people are suspicious of the partner he seemed totally devoid of any emotions throughout that.
Was it really necessary to show the dog and in her harness?
Not sure what they were trying to achieve with this program.

Dexy

VIP Member
The t.v show is just weird to me.

I believe it was an accident and I don’t think the partner is involved just for reference but this interview…

Bizarre.

Jwren

VIP Member
I agree and also can’t even begin to imagine how harrowing it must be being a police diver looking for a dead body. They are trying very hard under horrific circumstances.
I also think NB’s friends have hindered more than helped with their conflicting info and caused unnecessary hurt to others ie. man in house that’s being renovated. If they felt the police weren’t taking their info about NB and what happened on they day she disappeared seriously, they’d have been far better to have one person only to speak on the family’s behalf. NB’s friends, Ex-Met and Faulding have all muddied the water so much, that the police will be inundated with completely irrelevant info that will still have to be sifted through to find the valid info, wasting so much time.

Last edited:
  • Heart

shadowcat5

VIP Member
I think it is a very real possibility here that the police are holding cards close to their chest and waiting for sufficient evidence. If an affair was going on by either party, I can't imagine the police don't know about it.

Oldcat

Chatty Member
Emma suggested that she’s very supportive through the whole process which I found a bit weird. Why isn’t Nicola’s family being the supportive ones specifically?

I do think she’s getting involved for attention but the impression being given is not a good one
I get the impression there isn’t a good relationship between him and her parents.

ETA haven’t heard much from them have we?

• Wow
Reactions: 25

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
I didn't wanna say this because it might seem frivolous when we're talking about human lives being affected so tragically but I feel so so sad for Willow. She must have been so confused and distressed when Nicola disappeared and has no doubt been through a lot of stress and upheaval ever since. I just keep imagining how my own dog would feel if something like that happened to me
If I disappeared my dog wouldn’t cope. She’s a rescue and I’m her secure attachment.
They’re a part of the family, and they can’t understand. I keep thinking about Willow too, it’s not just you x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25