Nicola Bulley #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Perhaps the person who tied up Willow asked her dil to check if she was still there as it was niggling her. I'd probably do that, run on to my appointment with that situation in the back of my mind, wondering if the dog had been found by its owner. I probably would assume the owner and dog had become separated on the walk. I don't think I'd immediately assume a person had entered the water.
DIL goes back to check and alarm is raised, because at that point its unusual. Lost dogs are posted on my fb every day of the week, dogs get loose, lost and found.

Reactions: 24
It took me so long to catch up last night. Thankfully it was a quiet night at work so I got paid to read this thread 🤣

I’d walk alone in a secluded area. I’d absolutely rather walk through a field or the woods alone at night than a city centre or high street etc.

a few points -
The person who found willow did more than I would. If I saw a dog loose and no owner in sight id just keep on walking. I’m not stopping to tie it up and certainly not ringing someone else to let them know, definitely not calling the police. So whatever she did, she did more than some would, and shouldn’t really be criticised for how she did react. Essentially she raised the alarm regardless of how she did it.

The 80 minute gap in the timeline comes from the friend who also shared in her “fact list” that the “abandoned” house hadn’t been searched. She had to be corrected that the house being renovated had been searched. So take it with a pinch of salt. She is clearly not as close to the investigation as she thinks as she doesn’t know basic facts. Suspect it’s someone that’s hearing gossip from someone else and sharing it as fact. Maybe wait until the police confirm the longer gap. They seem certain of the 10 minutes. I’m sure they would appeal for other people if there was actually over an hour unaccounted for.

The police seem sure Nicola and Willow made it to the bench. They have the phone which is a vital piece of evidence you wouldn’t usually have access to in a missing person investigation. They’ll have a huge amount of data from it. They can probably tell that her walking pace didn’t change, her journey was consistent until the phone is placed on the bench - which they’ll also be able to tell. I don’t think they’d narrow the times and be so definite about the 10 minute gap unless there was concrete proof. I would assume they’ve also had forensics look at the phone and harness & lead too to ensure there’s no 3rd party dna on them.

Reactions: 26
I’ve wondered why it took so long for the 1st witness (found willow and phone at 9.33) who called her DIL to get the info to the school and family, they found out at 10.50, that’s and hour and 15 mins for a phone call. She’s said she thought it odd when she found them, it was a ladies phone (she saw the screen, she knew the dog) and a dog and harness yet that call to the school took so long, it’s annoying me a bit that she wasn’t a bit more concerned about this lady’s phone or dog.
in photographs on Nicola's FB is shows willow with a tag on on her collar, if she managed to tie the dog up with string she must have seen it, dog tags normally have the dog's name, name, address, tel no of owners?,

Reactions: 5
that you're guilty because your beard is too neat
This is just reminding me of the time when Sarah Everard went missing and sadly found murdered and someone just knew the perpetrator was guilty simply because he was bald and that all bald men are psychopathic.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I've just read in the Daily Mail about the time lag blah blah blah ...... Police didn't get to start their search until 11. Is this true? I thought that if an adult went missing, you had to wait 48hrs before the police cared about it? Has that changed, or is it just because of the dog/phone circumstances in this case?

Reactions: 7
Perhaps the person who tied up Willow asked her dil to check if she was still there as it was niggling her. I'd probably do that, run on to my appointment with that situation in the back of my mind, wondering if the dog had been found by its owner. I probably would assume the owner and dog had become separated on the walk. I don't think I'd immediately assume a person had entered the water.
DIL goes back to check and alarm is raised, because at that point its unusual. Lost dogs are posted on my fb every day of the week, dogs get loose, lost and found.
I think this is exactly what happened. All these people that state If they found a dog and phone at 9.30 in the morning would automatically raise the alarm and think something bad had happened, I honestly don’t think I would. I think I’d have strolled on by and I would assume the owner was just around the corner fetching a ball or something and playing with their dog. I don’t think I’d even go as far to secure the dog, I wouldn’t think much of it at first at all.

I may as the day went on wondered more about it, but it wouldn’t be an instant assumption. Then and only then would I call someone if I couldn’t to go back and check my self .

Brains take time to process a situation, if I had an appointment I’d be on my way to that and focusing solely on that, then I’d think back later. I’m not someone who automatically thinks danger, some do, but I don’t. So I can well see why this other women didn’t either.

The only time I would have acted differently is if I saw a child on their own, I automatically think the worst in these cases. I live right next to a park and I’m forever checking that children are okay if I don’t see their parents near by. But a dog I wouldn’t have thought twice about tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
The DIL didn’t get there until 1050, and when she did she called the school who called Paul.

It’s not clear what time caravan lady called her DIL.

The friend who shared the timeline appealed for other witnesses in that gap.

View attachment 1948794
View attachment 1948795
It would be interesting to know -
  1. How long is her usual dog walk
  2. What her plans were after walking the dog
  3. Did Paul try and contact Nicola by phone/text while she was out
Going by this timeline "She left home with her two daughters, at 8.26 am. At 8.43 am, she walked along the river path heading towards a gate in the lower field." By the time the phone was found, she had already been out of the house for over an hour. If my partner had gone out to walk the dog and I hadn't had a text/call from him, by say 10 am, I'd start to panic. I'd be phoning him, checking if he'd been active on FB, Insta, WhatsApp etc, regardless of what he had planned afterwards.

But maybe I'm just a worrier.

Reactions: 9
Not had time to catch up so just putting thus here...
Did anyone see GMB interview this morning with that Emma again. I was getting babybarmy ready so didn't hear it properly....but can anyone confirm if she said about the daughters asking if she was famous now and she smiled at it and said famous but in the wrong way???
No purpose to my message, just wanted to check if I'd heard right.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
The police said the phone was 'back' at the bench at 9.20 which made me think they knew it was in the field at some point.
the phone signal possibly pinged a different mast, I know from going out on my walks after looking at photographs Ive taken of the area I've walked the description on the location changes depending on where I am in my walk

I’ve found a random dog whilst out running and I had to chase it about half a mile to catch it so I could phone the owner 🤣 im not an avid dog fan girl but I had visions of the town facebook page lighting up with posts about a dog being hit by a car so my conscience wouldn’t let me. Put my run right off course as well 🤣

if I found a dog therefore with a phone lying nearby and the dogs harness, every alarm bell would be going off in my head. I think my first thought would be the owner has had a medical episode.

Reactions: 14
I've just read in the Daily Mail about the time lag blah blah blah ...... Police didn't get to start their search until 11. Is this true? I thought that if an adult went missing, you had to wait 48hrs before the police cared about it? Has that changed, or is it just because of the dog/phone circumstances in this case?
48 hours is a myth. If someone is thought to be missing and it’s out of character and you are concerned you should report it.

The phone and dog of course did add to it in this case.

Reactions: 17
Yeah, my phone records my steps its super annoying. It also tells me the distance I've travelled via car and train, shops and places I've visited and the approx time I've been there and for how long. Nosey Parker.
I like dogs but I may be frightened of Willow, I'm wary of dogs I don't know. I assume the only reason this lady tied the dog up was because she owned the site near this area and was potentially worried about her poultry. But something must have troubled her to ring the dil, but it could be as simple as checking the welfare of the animal and making sure it had been reunited with owner.

Reactions: 13
I’ve found a random dog whilst out running and I had to chase it about half a mile to catch it so I could phone the owner 🤣 im not an avid dog fan girl but I had visions of the town facebook page lighting up with posts about a dog being hit by a car so my conscience wouldn’t let me. Put my run right off course as well 🤣

if I found a dog therefore with a phone lying nearby and the dogs harness, every alarm bell would be going off in my head. I think my first thought would be the owner has had a medical episode.
Can I just say if anything ever happened To me, i do hope that someone like you would be the first at the scene 😆. Because honestly if they were anything like me…… well let’s just say I would be pretty useless.

I’m actually wondering why no one saw anything for all that time between when the school was called and the dog was found and tied. Seems a bit strange if it’s a common dog walking route. Also going to backtrack about the woman that tied willow… she had an appointment but was out with her dog. Hm. Like, does she carry string around or did she find it? It’s a bit strange, but so is everything else about this case 😵
I saw a video last night that said the witness that saw Nicola in the upper field noted that he also saw a couple of other people there, and that the dog (willow) was barking at something. Could be nothing, just thought it’s interesting that this was the last known sighting of Nicola and apparently the dog isn’t that much of a barker. Who knows. Perhaps she saw a squirrel 🤷🏻‍♀️ The whole thing is just so odd and there’s literally not much to go on at all
I know in the area close to me the majority of retired people who are dog walker's out walking around 9.30, you tend to see the same people on the route the dogs engage and the owners stand have a wee chat before carrying on, so I find it strange that no one came across willow the harness and the phone on the bench between 9.30 and 10.40 especially given it looks like a circular route where its possible to go by the bench twice on your travels

Reactions: 13

I don't know if I would. Had I found the harness, dog and phone in a town centre I'd be more concerned than if I'd found it in a field, which seems pretty secure like this one. I'd think I'd assume the owner had been caught short and popped behind a bush/tree.

It's so difficult to know how you would actually respond if found in that situation.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.