Nicola Bulley #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forgive me if this has been covered but I’m wondering if they’ve found something of hers in the river or like an airpod or something or nearby where they think she fell in but can’t release it to the public because they don’t want every fucker in the river getting themselves into danger like they’ve been raiding houses around the area?
That’s barely legible sorry guys, I’m ill atm and just airing my internal monologue

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The harness was off as this was a normal thing when Nicola walked the dog. The harness was found on the floor, phone on bench (I think)
I think if I saw a harness on the floor and a phone, I might be inclined to make sure the owner was around / safe.
The more I’ve thought about it, seeing a harness on the floor, a loose dog and a phone with no owner, I would be quite concerned. But I guess everyone is different and we make quick judgements on the spot. Just don’t know why all that time elapsed after the woman tied her and no one else walked past and saw the dog there
To be absolutely honest, as I spend time walking in my own little world of shopping And to-do lists I probably wouldn’t even have noticed.

Reactions: 7
Vcch

its extremely closed in my opinion. Less of a missing persons inquiry more a recovery mission.

when people go missing and a search is active, you normally can’t turn the tele on without seeing some cctv of the persons last known movements. Usually cctv from a chip shop they passed on there journey or something. All we’ve seen is that ring door bell footage which wasn’t even released by the police, this to me shows they for whatever reason are very confident she’s in the river.

it’s all very strange, and to me its not obvious that she did enter the water. I can’t help but think they’d find a shoe or something by now. But I’m a complete novice in terms of how river flows work and how things can be moved around.
I don’t disagree but let’s remember she was walking in a village and then through fields, so there is unlikely to be much CCTV

It keeps getting called a park but it’s not. Its fields.

Reactions: 13
To be absolutely honest, as I spend time walking in my own little world of shopping And to-do lists I probably wouldn’t even have noticed.
Ahh fair enough 😄 I catastrophize everything and have permanent anxiety so I notice everything and tend to worry a lot! Like I said, I’m sure everyone here would have a different reaction and there was no knowing what was going to transpire. It’s easy to say what we’d do in hindsight, knowing what we know now

Reactions: 6
This is what I said on an earlier thread, if you had an appointment that was so urgent that you couldn't raise the alarm about a potentially lost dog (beyond mentioning it to someone else, seemingly in passing) what on earth were you doing out walking so close to the time you needed to be there. Was this woman out walking her own dog or just out for a walk, do we know?
Thats a good point, if you had a really important appt you probably wouldnt go for a stroll just beforehand. Or maybe you would, might be something you were nervous about and a walk would calm your nerves a bit? Or maybe she told a white lie and said, I couldnt hang around I had an appt and the lie has stuck. I wouldnt blame her tbh she couldnt possibly have known the importance of what was happening.

Reactions: 4
Just watched this interview with Nicola’s friend, talking about the girls asking questions, and she says ‘just bring nikki home, we’ll come to the sofa with the girls with willow and we can have that happy story’ I understand they are staying hopeful but surely they must know that it’s not likely to end that way? Or is it just a positive front for the girls..

Attachments

Thats a good point, if you had a really important appt you probably wouldnt go for a stroll just beforehand. Or maybe you would, might be something you were nervous about and a walk would calm your nerves a bit? Or maybe she told a white lie and said, I couldnt hang around I had an appt and the lie has stuck. I wouldnt blame her tbh she couldnt possibly have known the importance of what was happening.
Or maybe she had carefully crafted her time … if I go out with the dog at time x and be back for time y then it still gives me plenty of time providing nothing happens.

I know its easy to read all sorts of stuff into things but really most people would just be going about their day as normal.
---

Ahh fair enough 😄 I catastrophize everything and have permanent anxiety so I notice everything and tend to worry a lot! Like I said, I’m sure everyone here would have a different reaction and there was no knowing what was going to transpire. It’s easy to say what we’d do in hindsight, knowing what we know now
I might register a dog running about if I was really paying attention, but It wouldn’t necessarily register.

Reactions: 8
You lot probably already know but just seen there’s a live, one hour special on tonight about Nicola. Channel 5, 9pm.
I haven’t commented before but this is just so strange. A live programme for what reason? There was no live programme for Sarah Everard, poor Natalie McNally that was never even mentioned on national news never mind a live programme to find her killer, Noah Donohoe again never mentioned, no live programmes
Just a brain fart thought but just so strange

Reactions: 20
Both very good points, I guess if she lives on the caravan park, maybe that walk would be the quick 5 minutes round the block that I would take my dog on to go to the toilet just before I go out. I guess a lot of how she dealt with the dog would depend on if she was a "dog person" or not too - how confident you would be to approach a strange dog, whether you would think it was really unusual to see a dog without an owner in that area etc.

Reactions: 8
Or maybe she had carefully crafted her time … if I go out with the dog at time x and be back for time y then it still gives me plenty of time providing nothing happens.
---
This.
I would walk my dog and know how long my usual route takes, so know I’d be back in time to leave for my appointment.

I’m not saying I agree with what caravan park lady did, but I don’t think she should be demonised for going for a walk before an appointment.

Reactions: 12
How didn’t they treat it as a crime to begin with. A single women out for a walk in an area that is pretty quiet with lots of different exits and a river. Crazy
Normally a missing adult isn’t looked in to until after 48 hours I think. I imagine her dog being alone and phone being left behind made people more cautious of what had gone.

Reactions: 4
I know in the area close to me the majority of retired people who are dog walker's out walking around 9.30, you tend to see the same people on the route the dogs engage and the owners stand have a wee chat before carrying on, so I find it strange that no one came across willow the harness and the phone on the bench between 9.30 and 10.40 especially given it looks like a circular route where its possible to go by the bench twice on your travels
That’s made me think also about the witness who tied up the dog- she must have walked down the path as it leads to the caravan park - she must have also come from that direction wonder what time she left her home. (Not sure if that’s the only route to/from the caravan park). She didn’t see Nicola with Willow at all? There can’t be so many people there at the same time of day that you just wouldn’t recognise the same dog a few minutes later.

She had an appointment that was urgent as if she had to be there immediately and others are saying how difficult it is to get appointments etc so would you really be concerned about walking your dog so close to the time you need to leave to the point you are rushing - why not walk earlier or later?

There is something that doesn’t add up to me between 9.30 and 10.50 and I just find it really strange. If I am going to go and check I would do so quickly maybe within 20 or so minutes, certainly not 1.5 hours later. And why did no one else notice a tied up dog and belongings left on a bench?

I just find it illogical perhaps that is why it keeps going over in my head as being unbelievable.

Reactions: 9
Just watched this interview with Nicola’s friend, talking about the girls asking questions, and she says ‘just bring nikki home, we’ll come to the sofa with the girls with willow and we can have that happy story’ I understand they are staying hopeful but surely they must know that it’s not likely to end that way? Or is it just a positive front for the girls..
Denial I think :confused:

They also don't publicise everything they know to keep criminals from knowing everything that can be tracked. There was a huge case in Switzerland a few years ago. Quadruple murder, horrific. The police caught the guy (unknown to the family but living in the area) after a few months. They have never revealed how they found him, not even during the trial. They said they cannot reveal it because they don't want other criminals to avoid detection.
Exactlty, I remember there was a terrorist attack in France years ago where hostages were taken in a supermarket and one of the police officers pulled a trick where he exchanged himself for a hostage and had his phone on a call in his pocket so his colleagues could get the information they needed. The media afterwards screamed 'HERO COP OUTWITS TERRORISTS WITH PHONE' and all I thought is that'll never be able to save people's lives again now.

It's worth bearing in mind the sources for all the information in this case. The only reliable source at the moment I would argue is the police, although they may be omitting some information for their own reasons. Be exceptionally wary about tabloids and social media posts. Most social media posters (twitter/tik tok) are trying to get clout or validation on the back of it. The standard for journalism has declined horrendously and many outlets, even known names, don't double check information with multiple sources because it is a race for clicks in the nonstop 24/7 news cycle.

People have likened the wider behaviour of the public to Black Mirror but for me it is also reminiscent of Jake Gyllenhaal's amazing performance in Nightcrawler: Lou Bloom is a sociopath looking to capitalise on the unregulated way the news gets it's clips, and if it bleeds it leads - regardless of the ethical issues. Except instead of one Lou Bloom the village has been descended on by dozens.

Reactions: 14
This eyeliner friend is very annoying. Enough now with all these public statements she's giving. They need to allow the authorities and investigators to do their job.

Reactions: 24
I’ve seen her talk about her in the past tense as well though

• Wow
Reactions: 11
BTW the body not being found really doesn't mean she didn't go into the water. People fail to understand how difficult retrieving a drowned person is and how unpredictable water flow is. A lad went missing near where I live. His phone last pinged between 2 large ponds (we call them lochs but the biggest is less than a mile around, very still and only deep in the middle) minutes from his home. It still took 18 days to retrieve his body from the smallest one.

We lost an entire plane full of people who will likely never be found in the sea.
At sea is very different this is in a river with a weir and it hasn’t rained so river not got full

Reactions: 5
Normally a missing adult isn’t looked in to until after 48 hours I think. I imagine her dog being alone and phone being left behind made people more cautious of what had gone.
That is not actually true. You should report missing people immediately.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.