Nicola Bulley #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But surely all women know that, even in daylight, you shouldn't walk in secluded areas on your own? Having watched that walk-through video of the man wild fishing, that entire place was secluded and Nicola was often fully alone. There was a path next to some woods. Do women seriously believe it's safe walking past a wooded area, even in daylight? All someone needs to do is grab us.

I know some women will stand defiant and continue to go to quiet places because they believe they should be able to. Yes we should be able to but we can't! We simply can't because there are some fucked up people in this world who are waiting for an opportunity or are planning to hurt someone.

I'm not victim blaming. If anything I'm hating on *some* men here. We need to protect ourselves. We're not even safe from the Police anymore.

Aside from being attacked, this case is good reason to make sure we're in a place where we can be helped. Be it because our safety is in jeopardy or we are hurt in an accident. The same goes for men who too wouldn't have the assistance they need if nobody is around.
I agree with you, as much as I hate to say if, we aren't safe anymore. I live near a local walking route,in fact, it was a big selling point when we bought this house. however to get to it, I have to walk through a really isolated part. I don't walk there alone anymore, I feel its too risky. It's sad because its so ideal being on my doorstep and me and my little boy could have so many nice walks there, but I prefer us to be safe and so I either wait to go with someone or I get in the car and go somewhere safer

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
When the caravan lady found the dog and ‘phone it was around 9.20am/9.30am. She said she had an appointment so couldn’t stop but, after tying up Willow, she called her daughter in law.

Her daughter-in-law then contacted the school/Paul and he/they went to the scene and we are now being told this was at 10.50am.

Has it been ascertained if the caravan lady called her DIL around 9.20am or around 10.50am?
If it was at 9.20am, why did the DIL wait an hour and a half before doing anything?
If it was not until 10.50am that she called her DIL, again why the long wait?

That’s one of the things that has puzzled me.

It was only this week that we discovered the 90 minute gap, prior to that I thought Paul was informed around 9.30am.
A lot could happen in 90 minutes. Has this 90 minute delay been confirmed by the police? I think it was one of Nicola’s friends that posted it in her timeline.

Reactions: 23
I was pretty sure she was in the river at the start of all this.

But now, with all the searches not having found her, and the fact she was last seen in the top field - near to the broken CCTV - I’m really swaying to she left either under duress or willingly (no idea which) from that top field exit.
Then the phone, dog, harness and lead were moved to the bench as a decoy.
If she left willingly (chose to disappear) she’ll have put them there herself.
If under duress it’s someone who knew her route and routine.
Yes I went with the most likely explanation at first, but after the searches haven't turned up anything I now think something else has happened. I know bodies can travel in the water, but in that river, in that time frame, I wouldn’t have thought she'd have got far. The lad 45 years ago travelled down to the tidal area, but that took 2 months. He was thrown in from a bike accident and noone even knew he was missing for hours. They started searching for Nicola so soon, as the river was their first thought, so I would have thought they'd have found her if she'd gone in that section.

Reactions: 11
Thank you 🙏 Yeah that would be interesting to find out. Like if the phone pinged off certain masts or location services showed the trail from the top field to the bench to and from or what it’s strange but I imagine if the police can get this info they have or they’re purposely not saying this because they don’t want to give away what they know in case there’s a 3rd party involved thinking they’re getting away with it unnoticed. I could be totally wrong and it could be the most simple explanation of what happened. Would love more than anything for her to be found and reunited with her family it’s just so sad for the girls 😞❤❤god love them I can’t imagine how they’re feeling it’s just so shocking.
I've not commented up to now but have been watching this thread for a few days, and I'm gobsmacked at some of the suggestions people are coming up with. I know everyone is worried, but come on, checking phone masts for pinging signal? It's a semi rural area, she was in a field near a river... how many phone masts do you think there would be? This is real life, not some bloody TV drama where everything is wrapped up in an hour. If it was even possible to do that with NB do you honestly think the police haven't thought of that already? And even if it was possible and the police have checked it out, what will it tell them? They found her phone AFTER she'd gone missing. Checking the pinging of a phone mast isn't going to tell them anything they don't already know, and is a waste of resources.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
"Also add that only a Psychopath would tie a distressed dog up and leave it defenseless for an hour and a half because they had an 'appointment' to go to. And anyone who disagrees, well, we know what they are."

I initially thought that too, but if you have been waiting 6, 12, 18 months for a hospital appointment (no clue if it even was a medical appointment), you are going to get to that appointment no matter what, so I could see someone being torn on what to do and making that decision in the moment. Who would have suspected the reason the dog was off leash and the owner no where nearby.
I don't really like dogs. So in probably wouldn't have even gone near the dog or tied it up.

Reactions: 17
When the caravan lady found the dog and ‘phone it was around 9.20am/9.30am. She said she had an appointment so couldn’t stop but, after tying up Willow, she called her daughter in law.

Her daughter-in-law then contacted the school/Paul and he/they went to the scene and we are now being told this was at 10.50am.

Has it been ascertained if the caravan lady called her DIL around 9.20am or around 10.50am?
If it was at 9.20am, why did the DIL wait an hour and a half before doing anything?
If it was not until 10.50am that she called her DIL, again why the long wait?

That’s one of the things that has puzzled me.

It was only this week that we discovered the 90 minute gap, prior to that I thought Paul was informed around 9.30am.
A lot could happen in 90 minutes. Has this 90 minute delay been confirmed by the police? I think it was one of Nicola’s friends that posted it in her timeline.
The DIL didn’t get there until 1050, and when she did she called the school who called Paul.

It’s not clear what time caravan lady called her DIL.

The friend who shared the timeline appealed for other witnesses in that gap.

4834F99D-91F7-4846-99D6-0737D4843B39.jpeg

2D2CFCF3-6013-4758-B405-59CAC90BE564.jpeg

Nothing to do with the NB case but I’m from Ireland and last January a young teacher called Ashling Murphy got killed while out for a run & just before Christmas a young mum to be Natalie McNally was brutally murdered in her own home. I know we don’t know what happened to NB and not sure if anyone will ever know, but look after yourself girls, switch up your routes, lock your doors & always be careful . The times we’re living in are scary
It’s such a scary world we live in now. When my daughter goes to school she walks to her friends alone first and I make her FaceTime me every morning. She moans she wants to listen to her music but I tell her the dangers of her doing that. I hate to cause her anxiety but I feel I have to educate her to keep her safe. It’s no wonder MH issues are so prevalent these days, the world is not what it was.

I hate being home alone in recent years. I’m thankful my husband works from home 3 days a week but on the days he’s in the office I’m a bit anxious by myself. It took me years to get over that fear of being home alone after I was assaulted 10 years ago, and received death threats online afterwards, police were involved and wanted to add extra locks to my windows and doors. It was a very unwell close family member who I’ve had no contact with since. I had alot of therapy to get over that but in the last couple of years since a lot of these awful stories in the news about women being murdered it brings a lot of it back and I feel anxious because if a close family member could do that to me, well I trust no men other than my Dad, father in law, husband and sons since.

It’s just so unfair as women we can’t feel safe. I live near beautiful woodland behind me and I’d never walk my dogs there alone, but it’s so beautiful and peaceful. What has happened to this world to make men think that it’s ok to do these things to women? It makes me so angry and I hate I have to make my teenage daughter so aware of these dangers. I don’t want to make her anxious.

Sorry, this likely isn’t what’s happened to Nicola but this whole case has made me feel spooked.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
All this discussion about whether or not we would go walking on our own in a secluded area has got me thinking about what I often do when I’m in a bad mood 😬. Not too long ago my husband pissed me off, so I grabbed my dog? his lead, my earphones and went on a walk in the woods on my own. I wanted to be out the house for as long as possible, I’m ashamed to say I didn’t stick to the paths and I went rogue. I got lost for a short time as it started to get dark and I couldn’t see properly, I had to put my phone torch on in the end to get out.

Anyway, a women a couple days later, who came into my work, said she saw me on my own on the way up to the woods, and said she saw a man not far behind me acting strangely. She said her and her husband watched me and him for a while to make sure he didn’t follow me in as she was worried about how he was acting 😬 and was still worrying a few days later until she saw me. He didn’t and I’m fine and I made it home.

I did pass this man on my way home still in the same spot that I had passed him on the way up, so he never came into the woods. At the time I just thought how nice for the lady to worry about me but also of course I’d be fine don’t be daft. May have to rethink my mindset that bad things just would never happen to me.
The worrying thing about your story is, if anything HAD happened to you, because of your argument your husband would not have raised the alarm for a considerable time believing that you just needed time to cool off.
Then when that alarm was raised, suspicion would fall on your husband, especially by the likes of us and SM. Before she went missing they argued, he was angry, he killed her, etc.
It’s a scary thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I’ve never whole heartedly believed Nicola was in the river and the way her friends have acted has cemented it for me. I know everyone reacts different but there is no sign of genuine distraught that she’s missing, just a few love island wannabe’s with money motives.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
You know, I’m wondering if Willow was in her harness and the lead was attached to the bench somehow and she’s got free.

532E1AA0-FAB4-4261-8B68-B5646F73AD6F.jpeg

This is total speculation of course, but to put the phone on the bench, but leave the dog free and the harness on the ground doesn’t fit.

Dog in harness, lead over end of bench
Dog gets stressed and gets out of harness, lead comes off bench in process. That’s why harness and lead are on the ground.

53F3E417-3D5D-43D2-9AD2-D877E207CC16.jpeg

Reactions: 8
The DIL didn’t get there until 1050, and when she did she called the school who called Paul.

It’s not clear what time caravan lady called her DIL.

The friend who shared the timeline appealed for other witnesses in that gap.

View attachment 1948794
View attachment 1948795
Thanks.
I wonder why the 80 minute wait?
It’s also strange that the police have not appealed for witnesses in that time frame. Or perhaps they have and I missed it.

Reactions: 5
I've not commented up to now but have been watching this thread for a few days, and I'm gobsmacked at some of the suggestions people are coming up with. I know everyone is worried, but come on, checking phone masts for pinging signal? It's a semi rural area, she was in a field near a river... how many phone masts do you think there would be? This is real life, not some bloody TV drama where everything is wrapped up in an hour. If it was even possible to do that with NB do you honestly think the police haven't thought of that already? And even if it was possible and the police have checked it out, what will it tell them? They found her phone AFTER she'd gone missing. Checking the pinging of a phone mast isn't going to tell them anything they don't already know, and is a waste of resources.
It’s 2023 so I would’ve thought there’d be a couple locally. You’re forgetting the movement to WFH (working from home) during covid and people needed better internet speeds and better connectivity at home. I live in a rural place that was upgraded in 2021 and I just thought of that.
Ok seems how you’re such an expert I’ll respect what you’ve said and say it’s a waste of resources… even if it might give some kind of inclination about what happened. Maybe the police have, I already said maybe they’ve done things they’re not saying on purpose. I’ll respect you if you respect me there’s no need to be nasty. I am very well aware this is ‘real life’ ever come to your mind that there was many cases that were solved / helped to be solved with the inclusion of mobile phone data.

here’s an example of case that made history as it even broke EU laws about surveillance and telephone data. However it was the key * to uncovering a very serious murder. The case of Graham Dwyer. Before you make up your mind, open it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The worrying thing about your story is, if anything HAD happened to you, because of your argument your husband would not have raised the alarm for a considerable time believing that you just needed time to cool off.
Then when that alarm was raised, suspicion would fall on your husband, especially by the likes of us and SM. Before she went missing they argued, he was angry, he killed her, etc.
It’s a scary thought.
And this is exactly what would have happened, as I had, over the days before, this dog walk messaged him many angry words for his childish behaviour that weekend.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Thanks.
I wonder why the 80 minute wait?
It’s also strange that the police have not appealed for witnesses in that time frame. Or perhaps they have and I missed it.
I haven’t seen any appeal for witnesses for that time either. It’s odd.

You know, I’m wondering if Willow was in her harness and the lead was attached to the bench somehow and she’s got free.

This is total speculation of course, but to put the phone on the bench, but leave the dog free and the harness on the ground doesn’t fit.

Dog in harness, lead over end of bench

Dog gets stressed and gets out of harness, lead comes off bench in process. That’s why harness and lead are on the ground.

Yes she could have easily backed out of the harness if she was distressed and attached the the bench.
Depending on the harness of course, but the majority tend to be easily wiggled out of.

Also just so you know, when you walk around with your phone it pings off any / every mast within closest range to you. If Nicola was walking around with her phone it may have pinged off separate masts around the vicinity of the park and the top field had she been up and back. It would give times of when the phone was up in the top field or back at the bench. I’m not coming up with anything crazy here and I’m not trying to be Ms Marple either.
It was a suggestion in a discussion forum. Everyone has the right to speak here and if you don’t like it then don’t reply. For gods sake all anyone wants is the safe return of this woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes she could have easily backed out of the harness if she was distressed and attached the the bench.
Depending on the harness of course, but the majority tend to be easily wiggled out of.
FEEE4EBE-AEE5-46F4-952A-467A03EACA41.jpeg

I think she could easily have got out of this. It’s just over her head, across chest and back.

ETA just found a different angle and now I’m not sure, it does go under tummy behind front legs and looks like it clips to secure

12584F6F-58FE-4909-A202-BF4B2A9D8F83.jpeg

Some things we know about the partner.

He was at home verified by cctv
He has a skill set that's considered lucrative and in demand
There's no indication of financial difficulty
His companies are NOT registered to the caravan park. So lies have been told about him online and repeated by thousands of people as fact.
He's been criticised for both appearing in public and not appearing in public and his body language, words and appearance has been analysed to death so there's no real way he could behave that would satisfy everyone
There's no indication of abuse, affairs or previous trouble. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but without any suggestion of it that's all we can really go on
When a woman goes missing the partner rightly Is scrutinised, because often they're involved- but I really believe the people around them should be given the benefit of the doubt until we see genuine evidence otherwise. Because imagine being innocent, going through the worst experience of your life and having people online speculating that you're shagging at least 3 women who've been mentioned on these threads, that you're guilty because your beard is too neat and that it's odd that you're standing at the edge of a river instead of out searching through an area police have turned upside down over the last fortnight.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
My concern is as time ticks on people's memories change and diminish. If the police change tactic and decide perhaps she isn't in the river their appeals for information elsewhere may not be as accurate or forgotten.

If they have evidence/information they haven't released to us then ok but I think it will start to hamper any further investigation.

Be interesting what the next police update will include. Like a poster said earlier it's half term shortly, those poor kids 😢

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.