Nicola Bulley #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have not posted yet but I find the shift on the threads going from “she is deffo on the river” to there being talk of it being possible that she was abducted to be truly terrifying. Imagine to not even be safe walking your dog in daylight 9am as a woman very scary
But surely all women know that, even in daylight, you shouldn't walk in secluded areas on your own? Having watched that walk-through video of the man wild fishing, that entire place was secluded and Nicola was often fully alone. There was a path next to some woods. Do women seriously believe it's safe walking past a wooded area, even in daylight? All someone needs to do is grab us.

I know some women will stand defiant and continue to go to quiet places because they believe they should be able to. Yes we should be able to but we can't! We simply can't because there are some fucked up people in this world who are waiting for an opportunity or are planning to hurt someone.

I'm not victim blaming. If anything I'm hating on *some* men here. We need to protect ourselves. We're not even safe from the Police anymore.

Aside from being attacked, this case is good reason to make sure we're in a place where we can be helped. Be it because our safety is in jeopardy or we are hurt in an accident. The same goes for men who too wouldn't have the assistance they need if nobody is around.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
It is not impossible. I've said this a few times now, December 2021 a lad fell in a river close to me, his body was found 6 weeks later in the sea.

Evening folks. So I've seen tonight after catching up that the Police are finally searching the Wyre Estuary out into Morecambe Bay & the Irish Sea? 2 weeks later, dear me. I've said on here what the local river people in that area have been doing from the start from Day 1 to look for her.
She's not got swept downriver, it's absolutely impossible. In that time frame, she'd not have even made it over the Weir if drowned. If she has gone into the sea, then she's travelled to the coast on another form of transport somehow. Either by choice or foul play. Just gonna wait and see now what else comes to light about this story.
Police will have questions to answer after this investigation finishes, I am sure of that. I still remain hopeful that she will be found, and can return home to her family safely.
#Suzy Lamplugh #Stephanie Slater
---

But surely all women know that, even in daylight, you shouldn't walk in secluded areas on your own? Having watched that walk-through video of the man wild fishing, that entire place was secluded and Nicola was often fully alone. There was a path next to some woods. Do women seriously believe it's safe walking past a wooded area, even in daylight? All someone needs to do is grab us.

I know some women will stand defiant and continue to go to quiet places because they believe they should be able to. Yes we should be able to but we can't! We simply can't because there are some fucked up people in this world who are waiting for an opportunity or are planning to hurt someone.

I'm not victim blaming. If anything I'm hating on *some* men here. We need to protect ourselves. We're not even safe from the Police anymore.

Aside from being attacked, this case is good reason to make sure we're in a place where we can be helped. Be it because our safety is in jeopardy or we are hurt in an accident. The same goes for men who too wouldn't have the assistance they need if nobody is around.
I walk my dog in secluded areas all the time. Definitely more secluded that where Nicola was.

Reactions: 18
I’m actually wondering why no one saw anything for all that time between when the school was called and the dog was found and tied. Seems a bit strange if it’s a common dog walking route. Also going to backtrack about the woman that tied willow… she had an appointment but was out with her dog. Hm. Like, does she carry string around or did she find it? It’s a bit strange, but so is everything else about this case 😵
I saw a video last night that said the witness that saw Nicola in the upper field noted that he also saw a couple of other people there, and that the dog (willow) was barking at something. Could be nothing, just thought it’s interesting that this was the last known sighting of Nicola and apparently the dog isn’t that much of a barker. Who knows. Perhaps she saw a squirrel 🤷🏻‍♀️ The whole thing is just so odd and there’s literally not much to go on at all

Last edited:
Reactions: 18

I agree.

My husband and I walk our dog every morning at 7.15 through secluded woods. Earlier this week we passed a man on his own walking the same route, one we have never seen before in the 4 years we have done that route. As I said morning to him him turned his head so I couldn't see his face.

100% dodgy and if he wanted to do something to me he could easily have if I was on my own without being seen. If I HAD been on my own my legs would have gone through fear. My husband doesn't want me going in there on my own and to be honest I don't want to!

A 13yr old girl near where I live was sexually assaulted at 8am this week on her way to school, *some* men are out all day and night up to no good.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
It is not impossible. I've said this a few times now, December 2021 a lad fell in a river close to me, his body was found 6 weeks later in the sea.

---

I walk my dog in secluded areas all the time. Definitely more secluded that where Nicola was.
I live near a river path that’s also very secluded and I go running there. I’ve done martial arts since I was a kid so I’d like to hope I could handle anything if it happened, but you really can’t be too careful. I don’t go out alone as much anymore, stuff like this makes you realise the importance of having company when you’re in secluded areas, because if god forbid, someone is lurking, they would think twice and there would be a witness to any kind of attack. Accidents do happen too, so it’s good to have someone with you if you’re going to be somewhere quiet. Please take care

Reactions: 7
Bless you, you don’t sound mad at all it’s very plausible. It’s how her belongings including Willow ended up at the bench area that throws me if she were taken from the top field.
And would her phone movements/whereabouts on her walk show on the phone data.
Thank you 🙏 Yeah that would be interesting to find out. Like if the phone pinged off certain masts or location services showed the trail from the top field to the bench to and from or what it’s strange but I imagine if the police can get this info they have or they’re purposely not saying this because they don’t want to give away what they know in case there’s a 3rd party involved thinking they’re getting away with it unnoticed. I could be totally wrong and it could be the most simple explanation of what happened. Would love more than anything for her to be found and reunited with her family it’s just so sad for the girls 😞❤❤god love them I can’t imagine how they’re feeling it’s just so shocking.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I don't get the harsh judgement on the lady that came across Willow first. I like dogs and have helped reunite many a lost one, but if I had an important appointment to get to, and let's face it some medical appointments these days are like gold dust and if you're lucky to get one, you darent miss it, I'd probably do the best I could in the situation but I'd have to go. This lady secured her and then called someone else to attend, she could have just shrugged her shoulders and walked on 🤷‍♀️.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
"Also add that only a Psychopath would tie a distressed dog up and leave it defenseless for an hour and a half because they had an 'appointment' to go to. And anyone who disagrees, well, we know what they are."

I initially thought that too, but if you have been waiting 6, 12, 18 months for a hospital appointment (no clue if it even was a medical appointment), you are going to get to that appointment no matter what, so I could see someone being torn on what to do and making that decision in the moment. Who would have suspected the reason the dog was off leash and the owner no where nearby.

Reactions: 20
It's all so odd. The young lad going into the same river on the same day 45 years ago. The dog walks posted on her business page, good for engagement I know but still. The phone. The string. The dog. The timeline. Members of the public pointing the finger at locals, possibly wrongfully identifying individuals via social media platforms. Attempting to break into properties to carry out their own searches. A professional loose cannon who simply cannot make up his mind on his area of expertise. The woo people scaring the living daylights out of me.
Occams razor, Nicola entered the water somewhere somehow and her body is at sea or hasn't been found in the area it entered.
Or Nicola has left of her own accord.
Or Nicola has been the victim of crime and the police investigation is a tactic or they've made mistakes.
🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I was just thinking back to what my FIRST initial thought was: She had a stroke/aneurysm and fell in the river. Just my tuppence worth. Other than that I have no real idea.

Reactions: 14
I’m actually wondering why no one saw anything for all that time between when the school was called and the dog was found and tied. Seems a bit strange if it’s a common dog walking route. Also going to backtrack about the woman that tied willow… she had an appointment but was out with her dog. Hm. Like, does she carry string around or did she find it? It’s a bit strange, but so is everything else about this case 😵
I saw a video last night that said the witness that saw Nicola in the upper field noted that he also saw a couple of other people there, and that the dog (willow) was barking at something. Could be nothing, just thought it’s interesting that this was the last known sighting of Nicola and apparently the dog isn’t that much of a barker. Who knows. Perhaps she saw a squirrel 🤷🏻‍♀️ The whole thing is just so odd and there’s literally not much to go on at all
My friend is a gardener, and her dogs walking/gardening coat pockets are a treasure trove of random stuff including a budding knife, dog treats, rooting powder and a ball of string.

Reactions: 12
Doesn't it feel a bit like we're back at the beginning again? I'm struggling to keep up with the threads so forgive me if this has been covered but 2 things strike me. First of all the police... They're looking amateur, and I'm not sure if it's the reporting. Secondly why is this particular incident sticking in the news? It's horrific and sad and has its place but I feel like there's other things. Specifically the police themselves. I'm astounded by the news articles on bad police men this week alone.

Hampshire has its own nasty little rapist (who incidentally got off yesterday), Carrick got sentenced this week and I've noticed a few other cases. Nicola is a convenient buffer despite the seemingly chaotic policing

Reactions: 13
i kind of lost my way on last thread as it moved so.quick so may have missed stuff..but it occurred to me is it not a wierd coincidence that caravan park woman finds the dog on way to appointment so cant deal with it but there's also broken cctv in that area.
could she have not rung appointment and said she maybe bit late as shes found a lone dog and needs to for example... take it back to caravan park office so dog was safe and and post on local fb or WhatsApp groups about it?
Catching up so sorry if this has been answered already.

caravan park lady who found the dog is Wyreside caravan park - by the bench

Caravan park with broken cctv is the other one up by the top field.

On why she did what she did with leaving Willow and the phone….. who knows. We don’t know what her appointment was for or anything like that but there was a long time between her finding them, and her daughter in law going back to where they were.

Reactions: 10
I don't get the harsh judgement on the lady that came across Willow first. I like dogs and have helped reunite many a lost one, but if I had an important appointment to get to, and let's face it some medical appointments these days are like gold dust and if you're lucky to get one, you darent miss it, I'd probably do the best I could in the situation but I'd have to go. This lady secured her and then called someone else to attend, she could have just shrugged her shoulders and walked on 🤷‍♀️.
There are no leads, no evidence, anyone present in that scene is going to be scrutinised over and over. Case in point, I had the same opinion as you yesterday, and after some digging, my opinion has changed somewhat. It changes almost daily, because this case is just so odd. When there’s not much to go on, it’s only natural to question why people did certain things, even if they would be perfectly mundane and normal on a regular day. The hour and a half between finding willow and contacting the school was crucial so people are understandably prickly

Just to point out and remember the phone was found on the bench with Nicola still connected to the call at that point wasn't it? If it was found in the field or elsewhere and someone then placed it on/near the bench, they would have noticed it was on a call surely? 🤔

Reactions: 8
I am sick to death of people focusing on the dog. "The dog wouldn't leave her." "The dog should be able to track down her scent."
Agreed. Absolutely wholeheartedly. Plus she was in an enclosed space between gates and fences!!
---

So do I. Because it’s the only way to properly exercise that kind of dog. A lead-walk in a built up area is no good!

All this discussion about whether or not we would go walking on our own in a secluded area has got me thinking about what I often do when I’m in a bad mood 😬. Not too long ago my husband pissed me off, so I grabbed my dog? his lead, my earphones and went on a walk in the woods on my own. I wanted to be out the house for as long as possible, I’m ashamed to say I didn’t stick to the paths and I went rogue. I got lost for a short time as it started to get dark and I couldn’t see properly, I had to put my phone torch on in the end to get out.

Anyway, a women a couple days later, who came into my work, said she saw me on my own on the way up to the woods, and said she saw a man not far behind me acting strangely. She said her and her husband watched me and him for a while to make sure he didn’t follow me in as she was worried about how he was acting 😬 and was still worrying a few days later until she saw me. He didn’t and I’m fine and I made it home.

I did pass this man on my way home still in the same spot that I had passed him on the way up, so he never came into the woods. At the time I just thought how nice for the lady to worry about me but also of course I’d be fine don’t be daft. May have to rethink my mindset that bad things just would never happen to me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I was pretty sure she was in the river at the start of all this.

But now, with all the searches not having found her, and the fact she was last seen in the top field - near to the broken CCTV - I’m really swaying to she left either under duress or willingly (no idea which) from that top field exit.
Then the phone, dog, harness and lead were moved to the bench as a decoy.
If she left willingly (chose to disappear) she’ll have put them there herself.
If under duress it’s someone who knew her route and routine.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.