Nicola Bulley #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know if I would. Had I found the harness, dog and phone in a town centre I'd be more concerned than if I'd found it in a field, which seems pretty secure like this one. I'd think I'd assume the owner had been caught short and popped behind a bush/tree.

It's so difficult to know how you would actually respond if found in that situation.
Definitely, everyone reacts differently and this woman at least did do *something* so good on her.

Reactions: 16
My concern is as time ticks on people's memories change and diminish. If the police change tactic and decide perhaps she isn't in the river their appeals for information elsewhere may not be as accurate or forgotten.

If they have evidence/information they haven't released to us then ok but I think it will start to hamper any further investigation.

Be interesting what the next police update will include. Like a poster said earlier it's half term shortly, those poor kids 😢
A police investigation isn’t linear … they can and do go in several directions at once until it comes to a natural end.
The have appealed for information and they will have been inundated … by the well meaning, by the cranks, by people just phoning for a laugh (because a lot of people are just swines) and just maybe in the hundreds of calls there will be a kernel of useful information but they have to winnow it out and one of the ways to do that is to hold something back that no one knows which can be used to verify anything that might be relevant.

I would say, that as armchair detecting exercises ze leetle grey cells, if it’s being thought about on social medial, chances are the Police have thought of it as well.

Reactions: 10
BTW the body not being found really doesn't mean she didn't go into the water. People fail to understand how difficult retrieving a drowned person is and how unpredictable water flow is. A lad went missing near where I live. His phone last pinged between 2 large ponds (we call them lochs but the biggest is less than a mile around, very still and only deep in the middle) minutes from his home. It still took 18 days to retrieve his body from the smallest one.

We lost an entire plane full of people who will likely never be found in the sea.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
I see there's a live channel 5 show hosted by Dan 'zero personality' Walker on at 9 tonight if anyone is interested. Nice to see Dan monetizing tragedy, but then he is a 'Christian'. :rolleyes:

What happened to Crimewatch? Did the BBC bin that or is it still going? Nothing would surprise me, it was probably deemed racist or something.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
You lot probably already know but just seen there’s a live, one hour special on tonight about Nicola. Channel 5, 9pm.

Reactions: 9
or they’re purposely not saying this because they don’t want to give away what they know in case there’s a 3rd party involved thinking they’re getting away with it unnoticed
They also don't publicise everything they know to keep criminals from knowing everything that can be tracked. There was a huge case in Switzerland a few years ago. Quadruple murder, horrific. The police caught the guy (unknown to the family but living in the area) after a few months. They have never revealed how they found him, not even during the trial. They said they cannot reveal it because they don't want other criminals to avoid detection.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I wouldn't tie a stray dog up. I'd just stroll on past, I would also think someone's lost their phone on a bench and leave it at that. But I've not read the thread was the harness off the dog? That's strange why would you do that?

Reactions: 7
Vcch
Up until now the police have been quite determined that Nicola was in the river, and I did wonder if they actually knew more than they were saying, which is very understandable of course. I know they’ve also said, we continue to explore all other avenues, but we are sure she went into the water at some point. I thought they always tended to say something along the lines of we’re keeping an open mind at this time, whereas this seems the opposite, quite closed actually. Again just mvho
its extremely closed in my opinion. Less of a missing persons inquiry more a recovery mission.

when people go missing and a search is active, you normally can’t turn the tele on without seeing some cctv of the persons last known movements. Usually cctv from a chip shop they passed on there journey or something. All we’ve seen is that ring door bell footage which wasn’t even released by the police, this to me shows they for whatever reason are very confident she’s in the river.

it’s all very strange, and to me its not obvious that she did enter the water. I can’t help but think they’d find a shoe or something by now. But I’m a complete novice in terms of how river flows work and how things can be moved around.

Reactions: 8
I wouldn't tie a stray dog up. I'd just stroll on past, I would also think someone's lost their phone on a bench and leave it at that. But I've not read the thread was the harness off the dog? That's strange why would you do that?
The harness was off as this was a normal thing when Nicola walked the dog. The harness was found on the floor, phone on bench (I think)
I think if I saw a harness on the floor and a phone, I might be inclined to make sure the owner was around / safe.
The more I’ve thought about it, seeing a harness on the floor, a loose dog and a phone with no owner, I would be quite concerned. But I guess everyone is different and we make quick judgements on the spot. Just don’t know why all that time elapsed after the woman tied her and no one else walked past and saw the dog there

Reactions: 10
Not had time to catch up so just putting thus here...
Did anyone see GMB interview this morning with that Emma again. I was getting babybarmy ready so didn't hear it properly....but can anyone confirm if she said about the daughters asking if she was famous now and she smiled at it and said famous but in the wrong way???
No purpose to my message, just wanted to check if I'd heard right.
Quoting myself to say I've got the screen recording now....its too large for me to upload but you can see it on Twitter on GMB.
It was Nicola's girls asking if Nicola was famous, not Emma.
It's easy to get information wrong if you don't listen properly....
---

The harness was off as this was a normal thing when Nicola walked the dog. The harness was found on the floor, phone on bench (I think)
I think if I saw a harness on the floor and a phone, I might be inclined to make sure the owner was around / safe.
The more I’ve thought about it, seeing a harness on the floor, a loose dog and a phone with no owner, I would be quite concerned. But I guess everyone is different and we make quick judgements on the spot. Just don’t know why all that time elapsed after the woman tied her and no one else walked past and saw the dog there
She also knew whose dog and phone it was didn't she?? I'd be more inclined if I knew who they belonged to to do something about it.

There’s lots of info in the recap post at the start of the thread, if you want to catch up on anything 🙂

Reactions: 3
I’m actually wondering why no one saw anything for all that time between when the school was called and the dog was found and tied. Seems a bit strange if it’s a common dog walking route. Also going to backtrack about the woman that tied willow… she had an appointment but was out with her dog. Hm. Like, does she carry string around or did she find it? It’s a bit strange, but so is everything else about this case 😵
I saw a video last night that said the witness that saw Nicola in the upper field noted that he also saw a couple of other people there, and that the dog (willow) was barking at something. Could be nothing, just thought it’s interesting that this was the last known sighting of Nicola and apparently the dog isn’t that much of a barker. Who knows. Perhaps she saw a squirrel 🤷🏻‍♀️ The whole thing is just so odd and there’s literally not much to go on at all
This is what I said on an earlier thread, if you had an appointment that was so urgent that you couldn't raise the alarm about a potentially lost dog (beyond mentioning it to someone else, seemingly in passing) what on earth were you doing out walking so close to the time you needed to be there. Was this woman out walking her own dog or just out for a walk, do we know?

But surely all women know that, even in daylight, you shouldn't walk in secluded areas on your own? Having watched that walk-through video of the man wild fishing, that entire place was secluded and Nicola was often fully alone. There was a path next to some woods. Do women seriously believe it's safe walking past a wooded area, even in daylight? All someone needs to do is grab us.

I know some women will stand defiant and continue to go to quiet places because they believe they should be able to. Yes we should be able to but we can't! We simply can't because there are some fucked up people in this world who are waiting for an opportunity or are planning to hurt someone.

I'm not victim blaming. If anything I'm hating on *some* men here. We need to protect ourselves. We're not even safe from the Police anymore.

Aside from being attacked, this case is good reason to make sure we're in a place where we can be helped. Be it because our safety is in jeopardy or we are hurt in an accident. The same goes for men who too wouldn't have the assistance they need if nobody is around.
I do walk my dogs solo, and in secluded areas - I have gundogs and working breeds, so woods/huge fields etc are essential to their wellbeing.

Reactions: 7
This is what I said on an earlier thread, if you had an appointment that was so urgent that you couldn't raise the alarm about a potentially lost dog (beyond mentioning it to someone else, seemingly in passing) what on earth were you doing out walking so close to the time you needed to be there. Was this woman out walking her own dog or just out for a walk, do we know?
Perhaps she was walking her dog so it didn’t mess in her home whilst she was at her appointment.
I don’t see anything strange in that.
She didn’t mention it in passing, I believe she ’phoned her DIL.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.