Nicola Bulley #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
About the headphones or buds... in her photos people have seen of her on walks was she seen wearing actual headphone type or are there photos of ear buds??.. may not be totally relevant as we have no idea really, but ear buds I'd say fall out a lot easier, if she was attacked in some way, a small ear bud would be easily forgotten about and as we are aware nothing has been found in water or on land that we know of. Headphones, yes an attacker could pick them up but would they really, while concentrating on keeping a woman quiet (gives me shivers all this!) And again falling in water, headphones would be more easily spotted. I'm under the impression that day she did not have them in and maybe like someone said, had the phone sort of close to her listening in.

Reactions: 9
I’ve wondered why it took so long for the 1st witness (found willow and phone at 9.33) who called her DIL to get the info to the school and family, they found out at 10.50, that’s and hour and 15 mins for a phone call. She’s said she thought it odd when she found them, it was a ladies phone (she saw the screen, she knew the dog) and a dog and harness yet that call to the school took so long, it’s annoying me a bit that she wasn’t a bit more concerned about this lady’s phone or dog.

Reactions: 29
Can’t believe how quickly I’m swaying from the river theory. I was adamant and I guess still 70% now but as more time passes and searches conclude I’m a bit ??.

I had a look at her mortgage page for the first time today and I’m conflicted. I’m defo looking at things from a more ‘armchair detective’ perspective - although I draw the line at tik tok 😅.

Her page is only roughly a year old which on it’s own isn’t unusual. Maybe she’s new to the business or the firm. But to throw my 2 pence in there and wild theory. *if* she was going to disappear with the hopes of people assuming she’d been kidnapped/murdered, the perfect way to back up the theory would be to have an open profile with a catalogue of dog pictures, playing in the water, stating that it’s were she travels every morning & tagging the location.

I’m trying to look at it from a ‘what would Amy do’ (Gone Girl) & If she’d been really thorough planning her own kidnapping, I feel as though a year long public Facebook page with this perfectly curated social media profile embellishes the story caused lots of people jumping to conclusions - based mostly from the pictures she’s posted.

*loads of pics from the same location* - someone must have followed her there

*pictures of willow in the river* - if she was in the river, willow would’ve gone in after her

I think you would then give people as much reason to doubt that you’ve disappeared through choice - by creating lots of plans on the day of.

*future plans made with sister in the morning*

*future plans made with friend in the morning*

*email to boss*

*joining the teams call*

As I mentioned I’m going full gone girl with this theory and there’s an innocent explanation for all of the above. I just think if someone was going to stage a kidnapping, this would be the best way to go about it.

Also doesn’t answer why the dog didn’t follow her etc etc - & for that I have no idea. Maybe she threw a ball into the water & then disappeared out of the gate behind the bench.
I'm thinking the same 🤣 we are all going crazy.

I wonder how long they have also had CCTV at home.

Could it be new to prove he was at home etc etc

I'm going mad 🤣

Reactions: 9
I do it on the regular. I always drink about 10 cups of tea in the morning, take the dog out for a walk at lunchtime and invariably forget to go to the loo before I run out the door 💁🏻‍♀️ We live very rural tho so it’s super quick and easy to leave a path for 30 secs and squat down for a quick wee in a bush. A little shake and a shuffle ( drip dry 🤪) and you’re good to go.

Can’t wait for you all to choose the 🤢 reaction and tell me what a disgusting human I am 😕🥳
no shame from me!
i chose to wee behind a catering truck at a concert at milton keynes bowl as the porta loo queue was about a mile long ! .there was actually a small queue for the behind the truck option as well

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Evening folks. So I've seen tonight after catching up that the Police are finally searching the Wyre Estuary out into Morecambe Bay & the Irish Sea? 2 weeks later, dear me. I've said on here what the local river people in that area have been doing from the start from Day 1 to look for her.
She's not got swept downriver, it's absolutely impossible. In that time frame, she'd not have even made it over the Weir if drowned. If she has gone into the sea, then she's travelled to the coast on another form of transport somehow. Either by choice or foul play. Just gonna wait and see now what else comes to light about this story.
Police will have questions to answer after this investigation finishes, I am sure of that. I still remain hopeful that she will be found, and can return home to her family safely.
#Suzy Lamplugh #Stephanie Slater
Funnily enough while it is obviously clickbait the Lancashire Post ran a story today about a teenager who fell in the river 45 years ago and did just that: https://www.lep.co.uk/news/nicola-b...of-river-on-the-same-day-45-years-ago-4019028

Of course conditions may have been different then but it does suggest it isn't 'impossible' for someone to drown in the river and be washed out to sea.

Reactions: 10
It was all so quiet on here, I feel like there's going to be #headphonegate
It wasn’t me! 🫣
---

Heartbreaking to think of all those beautiful photos of her and willow, and there’s so many, so happy on their walks are going to tainted with such sadness now ☹

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
It wasn’t me! 🫣
---

Heartbreaking to think of all those beautiful photos of her and willow, and there’s so many, so happy on their walks are going to tainted with such sadness now ☹
Oh gosh😱 I read this and saw I put 🤣 emoji and thought why am I laughing at that! Turns out you added something. Phew! (I'm not laughing at the second part FYI) 😥

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Also add that only a Psychopath would tie a distressed dog up and leave it defenseless for an hour and a half because they had an 'appointment' to go to. And anyone who disagrees, well, we know what they are

I wouldn't have even tied it up. None of my business. I'd have probably been tutting to myself about people letting their dogs roam about off the lead. Also, I wouldn't want anyone thinking I'm one of those Facebook dog-nappers. 😂

Reactions: 18
Have not posted yet but I find the shift on the threads going from “she is deffo on the river” to there being talk of it being possible that she was abducted to be truly terrifying. Imagine to not even be safe walking your dog in daylight 9am as a woman very scary
I haven't left the house without my safety alarm since Sarah Everard. You unfortunately can't trust anyone these days. I never used to get scared walking alone but even in the daytime now I'm looking behind me to see who is behind me.

I’m sort of in agreement. I think she went missing from the top field.
Same. I still think she forgot the phone on the bench at the beginning of the walk.

I’ve wondered why it took so long for the 1st witness (found willow and phone at 9.33) who called her DIL to get the info to the school and family, they found out at 10.50, that’s and hour and 15 mins for a phone call. She’s said she thought it odd when she found them, it was a ladies phone (she saw the screen, she knew the dog) and a dog and harness yet that call to the school took so long, it’s annoying me a bit that she wasn’t a bit more concerned about this lady’s phone or dog.
The 1st witness didn't who Nicola was from the phone lock screen so called her daughter in law. It took a while for the DIL to get there (maybe she lived in a different village etc) and she knew who the photo was of so contacted the school to get Paul's (Nicola's partner) number because she didn't have his number.

Same. I still think she forgot the phone on the bench at the beginning of the walk.
If the phone were left at the bench at the beginning of NB’s walk, would the police not be able to see that from data? Just my thoughts but I may well be wrong on that.

If the phone were left at the bench at the beginning of NB’s walk, would the police not be able to see that from data? Just my thoughts but I may well be wrong on that.
The police said the phone was 'back' at the bench at 9.20 which made me think they knew it was in the field at some point.

Reactions: 17
It would be interesting to know roughly what Nichola's mental state was like. I am of the opinion that where she went, she did not want to be found, easily anyway. What was her marriage like and relationship with her Husband? What was her work life like? Maybe on that Zoom call they were discussing staff performances and this has tipped her over the edge?

I am sick to death of people focusing on the dog. "The dog wouldn't leave her." "The dog should be able to track down her scent."

It is a dog!! Not a trained search and find dog or highly trained service dog. I have a Lab who is very intelligent for a dog and also an amazing swimmer but all I have to do is throw his ball and let him run, I could easily walk away from him, he wouldn't follow, because he'd see something else that caught his eye like a bird and run after it.

Reactions: 17
an odd theory I have for another possible 3rd party scenario. Ever see a case where a person approaches another person pretending to be looking for help. With a car or maybe a sick or injured animal? Ive definitely seen this in tv shows or movies when an attacker goes up to someone usually a friendly, approachable person or even vulnerable people and children saying something like ‘my dog has been knocked down/ I’ve lost my keys have you seen any around? / my car won’t start / flat wheel etc. excuse me I’m looking for directions I’m not familiar with the area ?

Nicola appears to be a very nice, approachable lady and with her field of expertise she’s used to dealing with people/the public and would probably be quite helpful and resourceful. I want to believe that nothing like this has happened but I’m just conscious of the fact she comes across as a happy friendly mum and professional lady who could be easily taken advantage of by an untrustworthy bad person or person with ill intentions. momentarily losing concentration of what she was doing and maybe placed her phone down on the bench for a minute to talk to someone. Might not have wanted to put her phone in her pocket in case it hit off icons/ buttons while she was on the call or whatever and her dog was just playing around as usual off the lead. Like some have said then lured her away or held a weapon to her etc. It just dawned on me how we can drop everything for a split second or a minute when distracted by something.

i got a fright recently at a parking meter, the card payment option wasn’t working of course so I was digging in my purse for change to make up enough for the hour tariff.When an older man came up behind me and he scared the living daylights out of me. I didn’t see him I heard him first and no when he spoke I jumped. He asked me did I need change (I’m sure he was just trying to be helpful) but he really made me jump because I was distracted in my own head counting 10 and 20 cents etc I just wasn’t expecting a voice / person to come up behind me. Anyway I said no thanks I should have it now sorry for the wait, as I was holding him up. He was polite to be fair and said no bother etc and then I got my ticket eventually and walked back to my car. This was a totally harmless human interaction but it did kind of freak me out for a second. So many things going round in my head as I was busy and had a lot to do in town that day and then I was under pressure to get them done within the hour as I only had x amount of change for the meter etc.definitely need to be more vigilant myself just in general.But it can only take a few seconds to be totally thrown off from what you were doing.

Reactions: 10
an odd theory I have for another possible 3rd party scenario. Ever see a case where a person approaches another person pretending to be looking for help. With a car or maybe a sick or injured animal? Ive definitely seen this in tv shows or movies when an attacker goes up to someone usually a friendly, approachable person or even vulnerable people and children saying something like ‘my dog has been knocked down/ I’ve lost my keys have you seen any around? / my car won’t start / flat wheel etc. excuse me I’m looking for directions I’m not familiar with the area ?

Nicola appears to be a very nice, approachable lady and with her field of expertise she’s used to dealing with people/the public and would probably be quite helpful and resourceful. I want to believe that nothing like this has happened but I’m just conscious of the fact she comes across as a happy friendly mum and professional lady who could be easily taken advantage of by an untrustworthy bad person or person with ill intentions. momentarily losing concentration of what she was doing and maybe placed her phone down on the bench for a minute to talk to someone. Might not have wanted to put her phone in her pocket in case it hit off icons/ buttons while she was on the call or whatever and her dog was just playing around as usual off the lead. Like some have said then lured her away or held a weapon to her etc. It just dawned on me how we can drop everything for a split second or a minute when distracted by something.

i got a fright recently at a parking meter, the card payment option wasn’t working of course so I was digging in my purse for change to make up enough for the hour tariff.When an older man came up behind me and he scared the living daylights out of me. I didn’t see him I heard him first and no when he spoke I jumped. He asked me did I need change (I’m sure he was just trying to be helpful) but he really made me jump because I was distracted in my own head counting 10 and 20 cents etc I just wasn’t expecting a voice / person to come up behind me. Anyway I said no thanks I should have it now sorry for the wait, as I was holding him up. He was polite to be fair and said no bother etc and then I got my ticket eventually and walked back to my car. This was a totally harmless human interaction but it did kind of freak me out for a second. So many things going round in my head as I was busy and had a lot to do in town that day and then I was under pressure to get them done within the hour as I only had x amount of change for the meter etc.definitely need to be more vigilant myself just in general.But it can only take a few seconds to be totally thrown off from what you were doing.
I completely get where you’re coming from, very like Ted Bundy pretending he‘d fractured his arm to get women to come to his aid but wouldn’t you take your dog with you if you were going to leave the area (I wouldn’t leave mine but perhaps that’s just me) and it seems if this happened it would be at the top field where the CCTV camera wasn’t working. Yet Willow her dog, her phone and the harness were by the bench area where there’s supposedly a working CCTV camera. Would someone risk taking those all the way back to the bench without being seen and possibly leaving DNA on them. It really does mess with your mind.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Insomniac here 👋

Just had a (sleep deprived) thought...

People say if you are abducted you need to leave as much evidence/DNA as possible. Could Nicola have left the phone/harness on the floor intentionally in the "heat of the moment"?? I.E she dropped the things she was carrying and this was scuppered by the caravan lady picking them up and placing on the bench 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 15
Insomniac here 👋

Just had a (sleep deprived) thought...

People say if you are abducted you need to leave as much evidence/DNA as possible. Could Nicola have left the phone/harness on the floor intentionally in the "heat of the moment"?? I.E she dropped the things she was carrying and this was scuppered by the caravan lady picking them up and placing on the bench 🤷‍♀️
👋 I could be wrong but if she did that and left through the gate by the bench, I think that CCTV camera was working and would hopefully have picked her up leaving the area.

I completely get where you’re coming from, very like Ted Bundy pretending he‘d fractured his arm to get women to come to his aid but wouldn’t you take your dog with you if you were going to leave the area (I wouldn’t leave mine but perhaps that’s just me) and it seems if this happened it would be at the top field where the CCTV camera wasn’t working. Yet Willow her dog, her phone and the harness were by the bench area where there’s supposedly a working CCTV camera. Would someone risk taking those all the way back to the bench without being seen and possibly leaving DNA on them.
Very true, I wouldn’t leave my dog either because she’d just bark and probably jump all over the person 🙈she’s a Dalmatian and very excitable even at the age of 7 she’s wired to the moon from day 1 😂she’s mad she wouldn’t let me go anywhere without her she follows me everywhere or the children never leaves their side. It is weird why leave her dog because she loves her clearly so much. Maybe to protect her? And leave her , the phone etc as her trace. I know women who leave strands of their hair in taxis etc as a mark of ‘I was here’ just in case. Scary to think this has to be done. I’m just on the night feed with theories going around in my head. Sleep deprived so prob sound mad 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Very true, I wouldn’t leave my dog either because she’d just bark and probably jump all over the person 🙈she’s a Dalmatian and very excitable even at the age of 7 she’s wired to the moon from day 1 😂she’s mad she wouldn’t let me go anywhere without her she follows me everywhere or the children never leaves their side. It is weird why leave her dog because she loves her clearly so much. Maybe to protect her? And leave her , the phone etc as her trace. I know women who leave strands of their hair in taxis etc as a mark of ‘I was here’ just in case. Scary to think this has to be done. I’m just on the night feed with theories going around in my head. Sleep deprived so prob sound mad 🙈
Bless you, you don’t sound mad at all it’s very plausible. It’s how her belongings including Willow ended up at the bench area that throws me if she were taken from the top field.
And would her phone movements/whereabouts on her walk show on the phone data.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.