Nicola Bulley #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wanted to say thank you for the comments, responses to my post on the previous thread.

I'm in a massive pit of brown stuff at the moment. Kindness from strangers is beautiful, thank you.

My love to others who are also struggling

• Heart
Reactions: 87
A friend of mine open water swims (also in a group) and is there something about only being in the water the same number of minutes as the number of °C it is?
I think the advice is no more than 10 minutes for water under 12 degrees but I could be wrong. There is also a risk of hypethermia from leaving the water because your body continues to cool for about 20 minutes afterwards.

Reactions: 6
Had to turn sky news off. Kay burley the cretin and some other guy reading out messages from the bridge from Nicola's mum and sister. Lowest of the low in terms of journalism. They haven't confirmed it's Nicola yet. Absolute scum "journalism".

Have lit a candle tonight. I mentioned I lost a friend to suicide in 2021. The speculation then was painful, without it being played out on international news.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
The poor family, I’m so sorry to be reading all of this although I hope it brings them closure, it must be awful for those who never find their loved ones at all and are always left wondering. Does anyone else watch Missing on BBC where they follow real life missing people cases, they have always said the infrared does not detect dense woodland. I can’t believe people are still speculating that there is more to it, I really hope people leave them all alone now to grieve.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Is anyone watching sky news? Why does Kay Burley look like she's there against her will or something she's like a robot.
Time and time again they wheel Kay Hurley out in moments like this and time and time again she is embarrassing.
I remember watching April Jones updates and Kay Burley informed two women who had been searching that it was now a murder investigation. It broke them, with the whole world watching. She is not fit for that job in my opinion. No empathy whatsoever.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I am an open water swimmer (with a group - also sorry to the person who is posting swim safety tips. You probably hate me) and it is so easy to lose your breath and start to panic. I feel relatively safe as I am with a group and we only go to chest height but I can't imagine the fear and panic that comes from falling in. It can be horrible enough when you know you're doing it. Sometimes I can't even make it in that far because it is just too cold. Once I start to lose my breath and ability to talk I am straight out.
I absolutely do not hate you in the slightest 💕

As long as you are not doing it alone and there's a strong swimmer nearby should anyone get into trouble - I know there are positives to the experience. Just want everyone to be safe.

As someone who has dealt with the public, it's usually angry parents that I've had to deal with because they have been refused entry to a pool for not having sufficient adult to child ratio or don't want their child to wear armbands because they are in swimming lessons. I don't like disappointing kids but I'm a stickler for the rules.

The rules that are in place at your local pool are there for a reason because it just takes seconds in a busy pool. After watching multiple distressing training videos, I will not have a preventable incident happen in a pool on my teams watch. Yoni Gottesman is the one the stuck with me the most 😔.

Do whatever makes you happy @shadowcat5 just stay safe 🥰

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Will they be able to find out how long the body has been in the river? I heard them say on sky news that the body may be able to be identified in person. 🥺💔🎗

• Angry
Reactions: 6
It's crass, and I apologise, but if she went in at that point, she hadn't travelled very far in 3 weeks? It doesn't make sense 😔

Reactions: 4
Had to turn sky news off. Kay burley the cretin and some other guy reading out messages from the bridge from Nicola's mum and sister. Lowest of the low in terms of journalism. They haven't confirmed it's Nicola yet. Absolute scum "journalism".

Have lit a candle tonight. I mentioned I lost a friend to suicide in 2021. The speculation then was painful, without it being played out on international news.

Kay Burley is honestly one of the worst. She's been a nightmare at other incidents like this. Didn't she blurt out on camera to family/friends of poor wee April Jones that her remains had been found? They had no clue and she just told them on camera. Absolute ghoul.
Sorry @Kofi Annan just saw your post!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

The male presenter more or less confirmed it was her about an hour ago when I was watching. He said he has been texting with some family members tonight and they are heart broken… then quickly back tracked that there’d been no confirmation.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Kay Burley is doing a tour of St Michael's on the Wyre. Why? They haven't confirmed it's her yet. Although it's highly likely, what is this reporting? It's so bleeping insensitive. Sorry for my language I'm just so angry. Her poor family.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I still find it hard to understand how she could drown herself from ground level as the body would naturally go against it. It’s not like she jumped from a height into the river.

I can’t help feel this really was a tragic accident maybe she was walking tripped hitting her head so was unconscious when she went in. I really do hope this was the case and she didn’t suffer 🥺
I think people need to stop trying to work out what goes on in the mind of a suicidal person! Unless you are in that frame of mind you will never understand - if they want to then will make it happen

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Will they be able to find out how long the body has been in the river? I heard them say on sky news that the body may be able to be identified in person. 🥺💔🎗
Yes, they’ll know cause of death and whether she’s been in the water 3 weeks or significantly less

Reactions: 8
This is just awful!!
There’s people posting on Fb, claiming he was seen by the river last night carrying black bags- claiming it’s been reported to the police… it’s just bonkers what people will write on the internet without a second thought.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

They're disgusting. She looks like she's just rolled out of bed or she's on something. Very strange woman.

Reactions: 5
Looks like he didn't search in the area they found her
From what I can figure out, I think she was found about half a kilometer upstream from where he had searched. AFAIK, he has requested to search further upstream (and downstream) but request was denied by the police. I know he hasn’t done himself any favours by being vocal and a bit bolshy, but I feel he was trying to help but was used to some extent.

I think I’m sticking up for him cos any of the pre-hospital or search and rescue guys I know are all a bit bolshy and ‘have a go hero’ types, but they’re all incredible at their jobs. I feel he got a bit of a raw deal. Partially self inflicted I will add.

It's crass, and I apologise, but if she went in at that point, she hadn't travelled very far in 3 weeks? It doesn't make sense 😔
It’s very possible she was trapped somewhere, in reeds or bushes etc.
There’s reports of heavy rain in the area over the weekend and subsequent strong tides, which would help to move or dislodge anything.

The problem with water is it’s so unpredictable 😔

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.