Nicola Bulley #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really wish we had an eye roll 🙄 or this 🤦‍♀️ emoji on tattle….. because the options we have really do not convey how I feel about some posts on these threads. There is no conspiracy!
On other forums with the same layout they often have this reaction option: 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I am sure I read that when the river was searched originally they reported it was done mainly by touch as they could not see underwater and they struggled in areas because of all the reeds, roots etc.
If it Nicola, or not, my thoughts go to all that will be struggling right now family members, friends, work acquaintances etc.
I do feel the police were under extra pressure with all the media attention that happened, certain people making comments without knowing everything they did and open social media accounts/ groups etc sharing their individual thoughts.
They used underwater drones I think, and divers to search the reeds and areas the drones couldn’t reach.

I don’t think Faulding searched the area she was found… only the other direction. But I’m not certain. Does anyone know for sure?

Reactions: 12
Dunno if I’m being over emotional but the sight of all the residents then standing at the side of the road with missing posters has just got to me so bad 😔 I hope this village comes together for her and her family if the body is her. This is beyond heartbreaking

• Sad
Reactions: 36
I don't know much about these so somebody with knowledge please inform us. Can they still test for blood alcohol to know if that played a part?

Reactions: 6

Okay, I've never used the spoiler thing before but hope it works. Thought I'd share this in response to @Capri 's last post on thread 14.

I've shared the link above as these are not tips, it would be immensely painful before the calm. Please remember that you are always worthwhile and you matter, no matter how you feel 💖💖

If someone were to choose to enter the water and hold their breath (which many kids do for fun at their local pool, innocently, to see how long they can do it for), there comes a point where the body makes an involuntary gasp for air. If you've ever held your breath for a bit too long, you may have panicked a little while swimming back to the top - started to feel a bit dizzy or nauseous because you were starved of oxygen and heading to pass out.

If you are holding your breath (intentionally or not) and sinking deeper, as in, not trying to swim to the top or you are struggling to reach the top (caught in something or have something weighing you down) that gasp will be in the deep water and you will not make it back up to the top. Your body will breathe in the water surrounding you water, no one will hear you and you will quickly become unconscious.

It's why if people are rescued from a pool, they vomit up amounts of water before they breath again. It's so important to be rescued as soon as anyone notices you starting to sink down to prevent brain damage, blood pressure spikes, heart attacks etc. That's why I shared the best colours for a lifeguard to be able to see a person underwater.

I hope this wasn't insensitive and was just factual. Drowning is quiet. A river is not a pool, it's moving, unregulated temp, it's not transparent, it's full of debris, all sorts of currents within those waters too 😔

I know I'm stating the obvious, I just think everyone is in disbelief of how this can happen after so much time has passed? Unfortunately, it was the outcome which made the most sense. I was really hoping she was cosy in a cottage somewhere, regrouping.

Maybe we will never know why Nicola was in the water, was it on purpose? Was she trying cold water shock therapy? Was it a medical issue or an accident? I'm not sure if any of that will bring her family peace but I just can't stop thinking about them and hope if this is Nicola, they get the privacy, time and respect they deserve to process 💖

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
I don’t think Faulding searched the area she was found… only the other direction. But I’m not certain. Does anyone know for sure?
I saw a map on another forum showing exactly the areas of the river that were searched. It was many many miles downstream and one mile upstream. This body was found one mile downstream. So he had to have searched that area. Hopefully the post mortem will provide answers but it looks to me like PF’s technology clearly did not pick up the body.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I wonder what Peter Faulding have to say about all of this. He made a lot of snotty remarks ie the police and yet he found nothing
He’s got things to say alright, and is totally deflecting. The man seems like an opportunist and a bit of a ghoul to me, if he had any respect he’d shut up and realise it’s not about him, especially at this point. In the Daily Fail if you want to read more…

Reactions: 26
All eyes have been on the River Wyre in some shape or form for the past three weeks. How do the Twitterati and Facebook super sleuths think it’s been possible to dump a body without being seen? The mind boggles.

Reactions: 33
I’ve read from the start but this is my first post I usually follow another thread on here (don’t say much there either!) but I wanted to say hi to you all. These threads have mainly been so very respectful and supportive, thank you @InTheDollsHouse for all you do and helping to create such a safe space. I, like many others really thought Nicola had taken herself off, possibly with the help of a third party to get a bit of space. I shed a few tears this afternoon when the awful news started to unfold. It wasn’t what we had hoped for, even with the possibility that she was in the river, there was a glimmer of hope. I feel so sorry for her family and her girls, I really hope they are given privacy.
I stupidly looked at the Facebook group tonight, oh my god!! They’ve defo no foil for the Sunday roast as they’ve been too busy creating head gear from it. Ffs.
Big hugs and love to all who have shared that they are struggling and love to all who have responded in a caring and supportive manner x

• Heart
Reactions: 71
I still find it hard to understand how she could drown herself from ground level as the body would naturally go against it. It’s not like she jumped from a height into the river.

I can’t help feel this really was a tragic accident maybe she was walking tripped hitting her head so was unconscious when she went in. I really do hope this was the case and she didn’t suffer 🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 35
I can’t wait to see the end of this obsession with true crime. It knocks me unwell, fair enough in private but the tit on TikTok, the YouTube videos etc make my skin crawl. Her poor daughters could come across that one day and hear some no mark talk about how the only possibility is their dads harmed their mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I must say I also feel terribly sorry for the people that live in St Michael's on Wyre. High profile cases like this often leave an indelible scar on the community and people that live there. They likely have been absolutely hounded in recent weeks and it's name will always be synonemous with this tragic event. I'm thinking names like Lockerbie, Soham and all those other places where terrible things have happened.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I wonder what Peter Faulding have to say about all of this. He made a lot of snotty remarks ie the police and yet he found nothing
There’s a time for dignified silence, and unfortunately he won’t understand that.
---

Okay, I've never used the spoiler thing before but hope it works. Thought I'd share this in response to @Capri 's last post on thread 14.

I've shared the link above as these are not tips, it would be immensely painful before the calm. Please remember that you are always worthwhile and you matter, no matter how you feel 💖💖

If someone were to choose to enter the water and hold their breath (which many kids do for fun at their local pool, innocently, to see how long they can do it for), there comes a point where the body makes an involuntary gasp for air. If you've ever held your breath for a bit too long, you may have panicked a little while swimming back to the top - started to feel a bit dizzy or nauseous because you were starved of oxygen and heading to pass out.

If you are holding your breath (intentionally or not) and sinking deeper, as in, not trying to swim to the top or you are struggling to reach the top (caught in something or have something weighing you down) that gasp will be in the deep water and you will not make it back up to the top. Your body will breathe in the water surrounding you water, no one will hear you and you will quickly become unconscious.

It's why if people are rescued from a pool, they vomit up amounts of water before they breath again. It's so important to be rescued as soon as anyone notices you starting to sink down to prevent brain damage, blood pressure spikes, heart attacks etc. That's why I shared the best colours for a lifeguard to be able to see a person underwater.

I hope this wasn't insensitive and was just factual. Drowning is quiet. A river is not a pool, it's moving, unregulated temp, it's not transparent, it's full of debris, all sorts of currents within those waters too 😔

I know I'm stating the obvious, I just think everyone is in disbelief of how this can happen after so much time has passed? Unfortunately ,it was the outcome which made the most sense. I was really hoping she was cosy in a cottage somewhere, regrouping.

Maybe we will never know why Nicola was in the water, was it on purpose? Was she trying cold water shock therapy? Was it a medical issue or an accident? I'm not sure if any of that will bring her family peace but I just can't stop thinking about them and hope if this is Nicola, they get the privacy, time and respect they deserve to process 💖
Do you happen to have the colours handy? It was so helpful and would be good for the wiki x

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.