Nicola Bulley #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope it’s not her but probably is. But this whole investigation has been so badly handled by the police and the press. Her reputation whether she’s alive or dead is ruined. Her poor family.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Faulding did search that stretch. His equipment failed or the body moved between search times..

• Sad
Reactions: 28
This is so incredibly sad. Im not meaning to be insensitive here and I personally still don’t believe Paul was involved but the seeing him walking to the river with bags thing is odd to me. The lady who posted has a legit profile locations a little off but easily could have moved from where she has her location as maybe just didn’t change it. I don’t understand why she’d make it up knowing that in an area like that she is likely to bump into him again /face backlash in the village if nothing comes of it. I know there’s been abhorrent behaviour surrounding the case but she seems to have more to risk than randoms with no personal connection. I think with it being dark she’s seen someone with a spaniel and their young daughter and mistaken them for Paul and one of his girls easily done in lower light and a case that is in people’s minds because of the publicity.
That being said she shouldn’t have posted anything at all about it. As if it was him it could hurt any legal proceedings and if it wasn’t then people will harass the poor man even more.
Or maybe I’m trying to reason too much and she was dumb and twisted enough to make it all up 🙃

Reactions: 6
Would the body not have been identified by now? Sorry if I sound stupid, but is there any indication as to how long it will take?
They are probably relying on DNA or dental records rather than asking family to identify.
Family may well have been given a definite yea already, but they may be choosing not to formally release that to the general public tonight. Who knows.

Reactions: 25
I hope it’s not her but probably is. But this whole investigation has been so badly handled by the police and the press. Her reputation whether she’s alive or dead is ruined. Her poor family.
Maybe the police are at fault but surely it's actually the public's relationship with the media that is at fault here? I am not saying the police are perfect but allow the police to do their investigations in peace? Public pressure along with media frenzy (more clicks = more money).

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I watched a history documentary ages ago called Hidden Killers - The Tudor Home.

One of the biggest causes of death in tudor times was drowning, particularly in rivers. People fetching water, washing clothes, taking animals to drink at the river etc, then slipping/losing their footing and drowning in shallow rivers.

Suzannah Lipscomb (the presenter /historian) couldn't understand why so many people used to drown in relatively shallow water, so she got dressed up in tudor clothing and waded into a river. She was gasping for breath in seconds, the water was so cold and her body weight doubled due to the wool clothing absorbing water, she was struggling to move. Another expert then gave an explanation of cold water shock along with an animation of how it affects the airways. Basically, when you fall headfirst in and take that first involuntary gasp of cold water and it hits the back of your throat, your body, throat and lungs start to go into spasm and you can't breathe. It doesn't matter how deep the water is, you will be incapacitated in seconds.

I had to explain this to my teenager the other day after being overcautious with them near a canal edge on a walk, following a comment that they'd be fine if they fell in because they're a good swimmer.

I hope in a way that they have found Nicola, because never finding her would be worse imo. God bless her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 73
This is so incredibly sad. Im not meaning to be insensitive here and I personally still don’t believe Paul was involved but the seeing him walking to the river with bags thing is odd to me. The lady who posted has a legit profile locations a little off but easily could have moved from where she has her location as maybe just didn’t change it. I don’t understand why she’d make it up knowing that in an area like that she is likely to bump into him again /face backlash in the village if nothing comes of it. I know there’s been abhorrent behaviour surrounding the case but she seems to have more to risk than randoms with no personal connection. I think with it being dark she’s seen someone with a spaniel and their young daughter and mistaken them for Paul and one of his girls easily done in lower light and a case that is in people’s minds because of the publicity.
That being said she shouldn’t have posted anything at all about it. As if it was him it could hurt any legal proceedings and if it wasn’t then people will harass the poor man even more.
Or maybe I’m trying to reason too much and she was dumb and twisted enough to make it all up 🙃
The lady on fb was in her car, driving past a man with a girl and a dog in the dark.
I agree with you that she’s mistaken them for Paul etc.

It’s more likely that the dog was wet.

Reactions: 22
If he did go for a walk with the dog there last night with his kids, the just how much more traumatic will this outcome be for them, that she was so nearby? I'm glad they weren't the ones to find her, if it is her. Hope those who did get support as that will stick with them forever.

My heart is so shattered for them all 😢💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
[
Yes I’ve looked at it before now and I’m happy to try but a few ppl have said thry went incredibly dizzy when first starting the breathing. ( hate dizziness) . I cold shower everyday, I don’t own a bath . Did it take you long to perfect the breathing ?
Hey, that's amazing that you cold shower every day. You probably don't need the tub! I don't have a bath but bought a special tub thing for the garden. I've been Hoffing for a few years and when I do it regularly it makes a huge difference to my anxiety and general state of mind (always regret it when I get out of the habit). I bought the tub as I wanted to find a coping strategy for bad days that didn't come in a glass... 🙄

I think it took a few weeks for me to get the hang of the breathing especially as I was doing it without guidance at first. A lot of people are seeking the lightheadedness as it's like a high but it is emphasised that you go at your own pace - after all you are basically hyperventilating. And of course never do it IN water or just before, especially alone.

The first time I went in, I made noises probably made the neighbours wonder wtf was happening 😄 Good luck to you if you decide to give the breathing another go x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
If he did go for a walk with the dog there last night with his kids, the just how much more traumatic will this outcome be for them, that she was so nearby? I'm glad they weren't the ones to find her, if it is her. Hope those who did get support as that will stick with them forever.

My heart is so shattered for them all 😢💔
They apparently told the police it was a woman’s body, so the decomposition process can’t have been that advanced, meaning she must have been in the water

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I wonder if all those publicity hungry members of the public will stop posting on their socials now. Honestly I’ve never seen anything like this in the UK.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
They apparently told the police it was a woman’s body, so the decomposition process can’t have been that advanced, meaning she must have been in the water
I'm hopeful for their sakes that all they could see was a woman's jacket and long hair 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Can we not just let her rest? Does it even matter? Two girls have lost their mum.
People are just curious that's all. No one means any harm. And yes I think it does matter actually, this womans situation has affected alot of people I think, so yes it does matter 🥺

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.