Nicola Bulley #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for another thread @InTheDollsHouse

Not sure what else there is to say at the minute mind, it's just sad and tragic. It's hard to digest when you've followed it for so long. God knows how the family feel.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
It still makes no sense 😪 The map shows where she was found in relation to the bench... it's such a long way, round bends etc. And if she did enter the water there... why!? Sadly I think it will always be a mystery.

Thinking of her family tonight, especially her girls 💖💖 I hope the family are at least able to have some closure by laying her to rest, and I hope the media are especially pleased with themselves!!!! 😣 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Papers are already speculating on how the body was missed, Twitter still convinced it was a murder or result of foul play, Facebook still think Paul has something to do with it.

While nothing can be ruled out yet, I’m just glad our little corner of the internet is much more realistic.

• Heart
Reactions: 88
I was typing this for the previous thread! Cold hands! 🙈

Regarding the ‘alcoholic menopausal woman’ and victim blaming. I really didn’t see it that way. If the police were victim blaming, they wouldn’t even bother to search for her or spend the last three weeks investigating.
Anyone labelling Nicola an ‘alcoholic menopausal woman’ is doing so because they are choosing to read it that way or are judgemental and uneducated.
Alcohol dependency is very common and often happens in plain sight. We will have colleagues who are alcohol dependent, but they are functional because they take the children to school and hold down a job. It’s a spectrum really and isn’t the stereotypical ma on the park bench or someone who drinks all day.
My mum was alcohol dependent for many and I looked after her for years after my dad left. But she also had a respectable job which she eventually struggled to manage because of the further distress of my dad leaving. I have been to many Al-Anon meetings and my own therapy to learn how to manage my relationship with her because to some degree she is a dry drunk.
My brother has also had issues with alcohol dependency over the last few years. Part of it is probably learned behaviour, but also the toll of being married to a woman who is basically a narcissist who is also dependent on alcohol like her own mother.
People who are dependent on alcohol are using something outside of themselves to fix how they feel. It’s the same as a gambling addiction or eating disorder.
Nicola is not a bad person or a bad mother. She was struggling as lots of us are. But she wasn’t her struggles. I’m sure that her family and friends have lots of great stories to tell about her. 💜💝

• Heart
Reactions: 148
It still makes no sense 😪 The map shows where she was found in relation to the bench... it's such a long way, round bends etc. And if she did enter the water there... why!? Sadly I think it will always be a mystery.

Thinking of her family tonight, especially her girls 💖💖 I hope the family are at least able to have some closure by laying her to rest, and I hope the media are especially pleased with themselves!!!! 😣 xx
I’ve just added the map x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
View attachment 1972104

Please try to remain respectful of Nicola, of her family, and of each other.

While this thread will continue, another has been started for those posters who have valued this supportive, non-judgemental space over the past few weeks, or indeed for anyone who needs someone to talk to: https://tattle.life/threads/for-anybody-struggling.37486/#post-14052941
Thank you @Toffeebythesea ❤

Thanks you @InTheDollsHouse for keeping this space open and to everyone for being respectful, open and supportive of one another 💕

I know it's still to be confirmed, but this was never the outcome anyone had hoped for for Nicola 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I really wish we had an eye roll 🙄 or this 🤦‍♀️ emoji on tattle….. because the options we have really do not convey how I feel about some posts on these threads. There is no conspiracy!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81
As someone who was in an abusive marriage for years my heart goes out to all you guys commenting. It's not easy leaving and starting a new life but I've met the man of my dreams and my kids have never been so happy. I'm still getting councilling as being with a toxic narcissist for years leaves deep scars. Please if you're feeling there's no way out there is and the grass is definitely greener.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
Thank you @InTheDollsHouse .
It's quietened down here now. Much more sensitive.
I hope you are all as okay as you can be. Although most of us were probably expecting it, it's never going to be easy.
Hugs to anyone who needs it, and to those who don't think they do xx

• Heart
Why can people not understand that water often has strong undercurrents that could bring you miles from where you were last seen.

A 1.5km distance from where Nicola was last seen is a decent distance but it’s been 3 weeks. All the best divers and search equipment in the world won’t see through heavy reeds, zero visibility peat stained water or undergrowth.

Sometimes it is best to accept things at face value, rather than looking for a conspiracy that just isn’t there. Time will tell us if there is any more to this story, but I think it is what it is. It will likely be recorded as misadventure or an open verdict, unless compelling evidence to point towards another cause of death. I hope her soul is at peace.

• Heart
Reactions: 173
so sad to hear such tragic news, I truly hoped Nicola had made it to a place of safety, may she rest in peace ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Everyone’s saying RIP etc, and whilst I agree it seems likely to be Nicola, ultimately there’s still a good chance it isn’t. There’s a caravan park right where the body has been found, and looks to be on an extremely desolate road. I also didn’t realize, somehow, how close this village was to where I live.

If it is her, there’s likely to be a full postmortem, I truly hope she suffered as little as possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I am sure I read that when the river was searched originally they reported it was done mainly by touch as they could not see underwater and they struggled in areas because of all the reeds, roots etc.
If it Nicola, or not, my thoughts go to all that will be struggling right now family members, friends, work acquaintances etc.
I do feel the police were under extra pressure with all the media attention that happened, certain people making comments without knowing everything they did and open social media accounts/ groups etc sharing their individual thoughts.

Reactions: 14
I wonder what Peter Faulding have to say about all of this. He made a lot of snotty remarks ie the police and yet he found nothing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.