Nicola Bulley #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This case just makes me so sad, the Police have probably been aware of this information since near the beginning of the investigation and a lot of arm chair detectives seemed to think they were entitled to know all the information about this poor woman and her family.

Reactions: 23
The interesting part is the wording that the issues had resurfaced.

Obviously at some point she was handling it well, which makes it all more sad.
I’d say that it would still suggest that she was under some sort of stress and there’s a mental factor to it too from there on

Interesting how quickly it went from talk about not stigmatising mental health to stigmatising and low-key shaming use of alcohol as a coping mechanism

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I had twins at 38, they were born in Feb 2020 then we literally went straight into lockdown. Massive surge of hormones, lockdown and then peri menopause left me suicidal. I have days where I would sit and google when the express train times and planned my suicide. I even bought a dog lead and tried to hang myself from the bedpost. Then my partner cheated on me because he couldn’t cope with “how miserable” I was all the time and it tipped me over the edge. I took a massive overdose and someone was watching over me because I vomited it all back up. My partner (now ex) taunted me saying I was that useless I couldn’t even kill myself properly. In that moment something shifted and I realised how much I needed help and I reached out and got it. I went on medication and had therapy and it honestly saved my life. My babies are my life and nothing now would ever take me away from them but in those dark days, I genuinely wanted to end it all 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 106
I almost drowned when I was 15. My friend had a swimming pool and in the dark her brother thought it would be hilarious to push me in. The swimming pool had a plastic cover over the top of it (as it was cold) and I fell through that. The coldness of the water took my breath away and I remember feeling like I was totally paralysed and confused. I couldn’t get out of the pool because of the cover on top- if it wasn’t for my friends dad who had watched the whole thing unfold I’d probs be dead. I can totally see how if she fell in (accident or purposely) she wouldn’t be able to get out again. I reckon with cold water and shock you have a few minutes max
More like seconds

Reactions: 6
Goodness me, why have they released such a personal statement? This poor poor woman. What was said earlier today should have been enough. We didn't need to know such private information.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
They could have permission from the family to share. Tbh they can’t win - slated for not revealing the reason and slated for doing so.
The statement says they have explained to the family why they have released the information, this implies the family had no say.

I agree saying ‘vulnerabilities’ just fuelled speculation but I really don’t understand why it was needed to be said at all today if they felt it didn’t need to be public from the start.

Honestly I also now think Paul has been prepared to take the hit for accusations aimed at him to protect Nikki’s private information. He could have released this himself at anytime if he wanted to stop people accusing him.

Reactions: 19
Did I call Nicola a "bad parent" or say she was "putting her kids at risk" - you're insinuating here. I said being drunk when driving children is inexcusable. You've decided to elaborate on my words.
And I quote “I hope she didn't drive those girls to school whilst drunk. That's inexcusable.”
Maybe I’ve misread but the comment is clearly aimed at NB

Reactions: 17
Oh the headlines are now mentioning the alcohol issues. This just feels so wrong, that poor woman. All because of nosy c**** on social media interfering and thinking they know better than the police. Hope they’re satisfied now!

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Honestly I also now think Paul has been prepared to take the hit for accusations aimed at him to protect Nikki’s private information. He could have released this himself at anytime if he wanted to stop people accusing him.
I think the family all want to put on a perfect image to the public which is why nothing has been said

Also sorry to say it but had Paul and his besties Peter and Emma not constantly said that the police weren’t doing enough just because they didn’t like the line of investigation, this wouldn’t have needed to happen. Hopefully Peter learns a lesson from this

Reactions: 12
So the Police went from firmly saying they wouldn’t reveal anything about the vulnerabilities to saying this??

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-nicola-bulley-police-reveal-29226908Nicola Bulley cops explain missing mum's health issues that recently resurfaced
I wonder if they got wind the tabloids had found out about it, and thought it was better to release a statement from them rather than have it break as a lurid exclusive, probably from the Sun?

• Sad
Reactions: 31
I took it as a potential argument between the two or something along those lines

anyway, now that’s going to be the main concern and Paul is going to be blamed even more
I knew he was hiding something all along..........

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
You can discharge yourself if it’s voluntary, however you will be evaluated and released following a sign off from a psychiatrist after assessments from more than one. If they think you’re not okay to go home, they’ll keep you in until they think you’re stable. I’ve been on a psychiatric ward, it’s horrible. You’re led to believe you can leave initially but they will keep you in if they think you’re a risk to yourself and could section you under the mental health act
The news just said there were police and psychiatric help with her this year on 10th of January sad 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Goodness me, why have they released such a personal statement? This poor poor woman. What was said earlier today should have been enough. We didn't need to know such private information.
It clearly wasn't enough, despite what they said today there was still a clamour to be told everything, journo's asking what the vulnerabilities were etc. The police are on a hiding to nothing here - keep it private and they're accused of incompetence, not knowing what they're doing etc which has hindered the investigation no end, but if they make it public (which they now have) then they're accused of hanging poor Nicola out to dry and have her private life spread out for all to judge on. Honestly, what the **** are the police supposed to do?!

Reactions: 28
And I quote “I hope she didn't drive those girls to school whilst drunk. That's inexcusable.”
Maybe I’ve misread but the comment is clearly aimed at NB
I never called her a bad parent.

You are aware aren't you that if you're in therapy or under a mental health service and they're made aware you drink excessively and drive they WILL report you to children's services (it's a safeguarding concern) AND report you to the DVLA. If you say you drink till 2am for example and then do the school run, you could still be pissed and your clinician had a duty of care to report this.

These are facts, not my opinion.

I stand by my original comment. Drinking and driving with your kids in your car IS inexcusable and illegal!

Paul had a DUTY OF CARE to stop her.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.