Nicola Bulley #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you so much for this! My daughter has a blue swimming costume that we will not be using again.
I'm so glad ❤

It's awful because most manufacturers sell dark navy or blue ones 🤯

I always refuse them and return them back to sportmax when they send the new season of Speedo stock to sites. Bright neon colours are the easiest for a lifeguard to see from their ladder, especially is someone is sinking to the bottom of a busy pool.

I do wish this was taken more seriously or that awareness was raised for parents. It does seem so obvious when you think about it but why would you?

Apologies for going on a massive tangent about swimming pool safety when the discussion at hand is actually a natural body of water.

I'll attach an image from a Google search but this is similar to what we are given in our notes.

xoxtvvmhvqnoll5anfdj.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I'm personally grateful that they've shared this. I'm a little younger than Nicola and am struggling with the Menopause, yes at my age. (NOT A DIG) but some previous threads show just why there absolutely needs to be more awareness of this and why we shouldn't be afraid to discuss it and get help. The feelings can be horrific.

So if Nicola Bulley goes down as the Mum who just couldn’t cope with the menopause her legacy might be that more understanding, awareness and support becomes available. I, for one would take that help.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Possibly. Or she was in a rehab facility for her alcohol problems. My colleague said she’d heard on good authority that Nicola had been in a psychiatric hospital and discharged herself. But that good be crossed wires. You can’t discharge yourself if you’ve been sectioned I don’t think?
No you can’t, but you can leave a private treatment facility any time you like. For example one in Manchester, the Priory, you can just walk out of the door and people do.

Reactions: 8
WTF! I mean seriously why in under duck are they releasing this. I'm so sad for her. This is nobody's business, so so so personal.
Quite. Are the police only releasing this because they want people to stop criticising them? Because I feel that’s a really unfair reason to make this public. I also wonder if the police have given Paul and friends some sort of warning because why are they being quiet now and shutting down their facebooks? I‘m starting to wonder if the police are more concerned about their reputation at this stage so if the motivation to release this is just to protect themselves then I think it’s disgusting.

ETA not that I personally think the police have done anything wrong investigation wise from what we’ve heard but I think they have got fed up of receiving criticism from others. They could have just done today’s press conference with no mention of the vulnerabilities.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I'm personally grateful that they've shared this. I'm a little younger than Nicola and am struggling with the Menopause, yes at my age. (NOT A DIG) but some previous threads show just why there absolutely needs to be more awareness of this and why we shouldn't be afraid to discuss it and get help. The feelings can be horrific.

So if Nicola Bulley goes down as the Mum who just couldn’t cope with the menopause her legacy might be that more understanding, awareness and support becomes available. I, for one would take that help.
It is disgraceful how little understanding and treatment there is for menopause. I'm so sorry to anyone suffering.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I really hope they find some answers for her poor family. I'm glad the police have been a bit more open as her poor BF has been accused of all sorts (not on here)

Reactions: 7
I could be wrong but isn't there an option on FB to hide your profile from public or people who aren't friends? As in you can't be searched or found? I could have made this up. But either way, name change or profile hidden, people are going to notice and talk 🤦🏼‍♀️
Yes as mine is hidden

Does anyone think she may have had a drink that morning? The water bottle didn’t actually have water inside?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
No - I was in the throes of it at 45. I had my daughter later than many ( at 38- geriatric mother in NHS terms) and I segued from post natal depression right in to peri. Horrendous.
BUT I’m out of the other side now ( with no meds/ HRT) and feel like I did at 22. It can/ does come good again. ( well I’m often tired and have to look after myself in a different way with diet, fewer hours at work etc)
How long did it take?

Reactions: 1
I hope if any good comes from this it’s that people feel they can open up more. So many of you have shared your stories, and to me, you are amazing people. I wish Nicola had people to talk to like you guys on here. If she did do this of her own accord, I hope she is now at peace

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I honestly don’t really blame the police tbh. These vulnerabilities would have been the main focus for the press for the coming days and that would have impacted the family too

It also sort of stops the speculation of what those vulnerabilities may have been

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Quite. Are the police only releasing this because they want people to stop criticising them? Because I feel that’s a really unfair reason to make this public. I also wonder if the police have given Paul and friends some sort of warning because why are they being quiet now and shutting down their facebooks? I‘m starting to wonder if the police are more concerned about their reputation at this stage so if the motivation to release this is just to protect themselves then I think it’s disgusting.
They could have permission from the family to share. Tbh they can’t win - slated for not revealing the reason and slated for doing so.

Reactions: 22
Possibly. Or she was in a rehab facility for her alcohol problems. My colleague said she’d heard on good authority that Nicola had been in a psychiatric hospital and discharged herself. But that good be crossed wires. You can’t discharge yourself if you’ve been sectioned I don’t think?
You can discharge yourself if it’s voluntary, however you will be evaluated and released following a sign off from a psychiatrist after assessments from more than one. If they think you’re not okay to go home, they’ll keep you in until they think you’re stable. I’ve been on a psychiatric ward, it’s horrible. You’re led to believe you can leave initially but they will keep you in if they think you’re a risk to yourself and could section you under the mental health act

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.