Nicola Bulley #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think questioning whether she was drunk driving and with her kids is pretty insulting tbh. Yes she may have had alcohol problems but it doesn’t mean she was drunk 100% of the time. I think this update is incredibly sad and I take my hat off to Paul and her friends for protecting her for so long. For those questioning why it was released… how is this a huge surprise given the amount of scrutiny and stalking they’ve all received. They’ve probably been advised to release these details at this stage.
My heart goes out to Nicola and it makes me really sad thinking of what she was going through on that morning.
But this is what the Police are wanting thr public to believe: drunk women falls in river. Case closed. Even if she wasn't drunk that morning, the Police want to fuel their theory (even if it's wrong) because they royally fucked up.

This is their opportunity to excuse their lack of competence in this case.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I’m confused as to why it’s thought that the welfare check was to do with something Paul had done? It seems more like it was to do with the alcohol issues and the fact there are children in the home? Sorry if I’ve missed something.
I completely understand Paul and the family withholding this information.
In fact the statement seems like the police have issued it in response to the criticisms they’ve been facing; sort of “this is why we think she’s in the river - it’s based on what we’ve been told”
I hope those little girls are offered some professional help at some point to deal with all this :(
Yeah, that was my understanding that it was to protect him rather than the other way around.

Reactions: 4
Lancashire police has gone way down in my respect for them by doing this. There was no need to release this information to the media and public and it smells to me like the police trying to shift some of the negative attention away from themselves by throwing out a bone for everyone to discuss. Poor Nicola, imagine having your personal life discussed over by window lickers.
The police probably got the heads up the press were in receipt of the information and were about to release it.

Reactions: 24
Speaking of facts I'd like to see a direct link to any suggestion or evidence that Nicole was driving drunk with her kids in the car.
Highly doubt she drunk drove the car to school at 8.40am or Paul would have let her drunk drive with the kids and she spoke to people at the school someone would have smelt/noticed if she was drunk

Reactions: 23
To me it sounds like she’s maybe gone off before when it’s got too much and this is why Paul put “come home now” on the ribbon, and why he’s adamant she’s not in the water. I just hope she is found safe and well and gets the help she needs

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I never called her a bad parent.

You are aware aren't you that if you're in therapy or under a mental health service and they're made aware you drink excessively and drive they WILL report you to children's services (it's a safeguarding concern) AND report you to the DVLA. If you say you drink till 2am for example and then do the school run, you could still be pissed and your clinician had a duty of care to report this.

These are facts, not my opinion.

I stand by my original comment. Drinking and driving with your kids in your car IS inexcusable and illegal!

Paul had a DUTY OF CARE to stop her.
There's absolutely no evidence she's ever driven over the limit, nevermind with the children in the car.

Reactions: 28
I’ve been out all day, and only just watched the press conference about an hour ago, and now I’ve just heard the news about her struggles with alcohol resurfacing. I really hope this information was released with the family’s consent, considering earlier today the police were pledging they were doing the absolute best to preserve the welfare of her family members. So sad and shocking.

I certainly don’t think any foul play was involved now.

Hopefully this should put a firm end to any self-identified detectives on TikTok, terrorising members of the village.

Reactions: 13
To me it sounds like she’s maybe gone off before when it’s got too much and this is why Paul out “come home now” on the ribbon, and why he’s adamant she’s not in the water. I just hope she is found safe and well and gets the help she needs
And why the tone of the appeals was about the girls needing their mummy.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
So just maybe that while alcohol was obviously an issue in her life, she hadn’t actually drunk any that morning.
That’s true but she may have still been over the limit if she had a drink or a few from the night before? The longer this case seems to go on the more confusing it becomes

Reactions: 3
I think this new info helps explain why they were so adamant there was no 3rd party involvement.

I feel they suspect Nicola has taken herself away somewhere or harmed herself and has done so in the past.

This new infomation although very personal is painting a picture of somebody in turmoil/distress who may not have been thinking clearly.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
New thread

I'll update the wiki this evening

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Possibly. Or she was in a rehab facility for her alcohol problems. My colleague said she’d heard on good authority that Nicola had been in a psychiatric hospital and discharged herself. But that good be crossed wires. You can’t discharge yourself if you’ve been sectioned I don’t think?
Depends whether a voluntary section or not or what kind of section it is. My son was voluntarily sectioned and was allowed to just leave the facility when he said he wanted to go home (he had been in 12 days at this point).

• Heart
Reactions: 6
And now the DM have a picture of her and Paul drinking. duck sake. They really have no shame do they, absolute bastards

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
But this is what the Police are wanting thr public to believe: drunk women falls in river. Case closed. Even if she wasn't drunk that morning, the Police want to fuel their theory (even if it's wrong) because they royally fucked up.

This is their opportunity to excuse their lack of competence in this case.
They never said that she was drunk. This is something people have just come up with based on the release

There is nothing to suggest that the police have fucked up, unless you have some sort of evidence that they have. And no, preferring the theory that she has been abducted or killed isn’t evidence

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.