Nicola Bulley #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe depends on what she’s been saying; she may have been saying she wants to leave etc which is making him think she’s walked away from them all rather than been suicidal
Sad to think but could be true, before Nicola went missing whenever I was hormonal and stressed I would often say to my family that i "might just go on a walk and never come back" , since this has happened with Nicola though ive not said it once, feel awful I even ever said it now and will never say it again, but yes i can see where youre coming from.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Not if you're a functioning alcoholic who is dependent on it. But I'm not even going to assume she was drunk or not in the morning. The police are just highlighting a documented fact and clearing up why they consider her to be vulnerable.
To be blunt, surely she would smell of booze when talking to folk on the day?

Reactions: 9
The wording of the release is strange to me - ‘no one has been arrested in connection with this but we are continuing with inquiries’. Obviously Nicola wasn’t/can’t be arrested, so who are they referring to? And why mention arrest?

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I never called her a bad parent.

You are aware aren't you that if you're in therapy or under a mental health service and they're made aware you drink excessively and drive they WILL report you to children's services (it's a safeguarding concern) AND report you to the DVLA. If you say you drink till 2am for example and then do the school run, you could still be pissed and your clinician had a duty of care to report this.

These are facts, not my opinion.

I stand by my original comment. Drinking and driving with your kids in your car IS inexcusable and illegal!

Paul had a DUTY OF CARE to stop her.
So just maybe that while alcohol was obviously an issue in her life, she hadn’t actually drunk any that morning.

Reactions: 18
Speaking of facts I'd like to see a direct link to any suggestion or evidence that Nicole was driving drunk with her kids in the car.
We've all been speculating for weeks.....nobody has any bleeping facts. It's all speculation. Isn't that what this site is for? To discuss? The Police don't even have facts.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Ok so now im confused. If she had been drinking she more than likely fell in the river so why does Paul think she's not in the river. And why does he say to search every building? And why does he think "someone must know" when all along he knew more than anyone and didnt disclose it. Had the facts been clear from the start maybe her body would have been found by now and all this speculating would never have happened.

Reactions: 17
I’m confused as to why it’s thought that the welfare check was to do with something Paul had done?
I only said this as I suspect that’s the way TikTok and Facebook detectives are going to go because it’s more entertaining

It was also my first thought when reading. I’m actually surprised this has been revealed by the neighbours

Reactions: 2
I never called her a bad parent.

You are aware aren't you that if you're in therapy or under a mental health service and they're made aware you drink excessively and drive they WILL report you to children's services (it's a safeguarding concern) AND report you to the DVLA. If you say you drink till 2am for example and then do the school run, you could still be pissed and your clinician had a duty of care to report this.

These are facts, not my opinion.

I stand by my original comment. Drinking and driving with your kids in your car IS inexcusable and illegal!

Paul had a DUTY OF CARE to stop her.

It is inexcusable, anyone would agree with that but there is nothing to say she has done that or that Paul had to prevent such a thing from happening.
My point is that I imagine comments like your original one, are why the family may not have wanted to reveal her struggles, when she was clearly already struggling. People put 2 and 2 together and end up with 5.

Don’t want to derail the thread or something to become argumentative so let’s just leave it there

• Heart
Reactions: 14
To be blunt, surely she would smell of booze when talking to folk on the day?
If someone has significant issues with booze they will know all the tricks, mouthwash, mints, saying “Had a few glasses of wine with dinner last night and not has a chance to shower yet”.
A close family member of mine was an alcoholic, I’ve heard it all

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I think questioning whether she was drunk driving and with her kids is pretty insulting tbh. Yes she may have had alcohol problems but it doesn’t mean she was drunk 100% of the time. I think this update is incredibly sad and I take my hat off to Paul and her friends for protecting her for so long. For those questioning why it was released… how is this a huge surprise given the amount of scrutiny and stalking they’ve all received. They’ve probably been advised to release these details at this stage.
My heart goes out to Nicola and it makes me really sad thinking of what she was going through on that morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Lancashire police has gone way down in my respect for them by doing this. There was no need to release this information to the media and public and it smells to me like the police trying to shift some of the negative attention away from themselves by throwing out a bone for everyone to discuss. Poor Nicola, imagine having your personal life discussed over by window lickers.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
The wording of the release is strange to me - ‘no one has been arrested in connection with this but we are continuing with inquiries’. Obviously Nicola wasn’t/can’t be arrested, so who are they referring to? And why mention arrest?
I wondered this too.

Reactions: 5
Wondering about the other incident where the police were called and then the bruise on Paul’s face?

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Ok so now im confused. If she had been drinking she more than likely fell in the river so why does Paul think she's not in the river. And why does he say to search every building? And why does he think "someone must know" when all along he knew more than anyone and didnt disclose it. Had the facts been clear from the start maybe her body would have been found by now and all this speculating would never have happened.
Why would her body be more likely to be found had the public known this information?? The police already knew, and they havnt found a body

Reactions: 6
I don’t know where all this she was drunk that morning stuff is coming from? We don’t know that. Just because she had alcohol issues does not mean she was constantly drunk

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Just catching up, but why not ring the number on Willows collar? It's a legal requirement to have the details on there.
Why in 1.5hrs did not one other passer by see the dog tied up, when Paul says it's a popular walking spot?
Mrs String said she couldn't unlock the phone, but DIL String just happens to recognise the screensaver and knows exactly which school to ring?
If she knew the school then she'd surely know where Paul lived and who Nicola was, so why not ring the police and go to his house with Willow? If you know what school the children went too, then you're close enough to knock on his door personally.

In the 2021 census 682 people lived in St Michaels, and the one person who just happened to be contacted and bothered to look at the phone knew who it belonged too, but Mrs String didn't. Yet Paul says that when out walking you know exactly who a stranger is 🤔
Mrs String and her DIL were named on Reddit and DIL and Nicola are Facebook friends. DiL.is on the schools governors board ... along with Emma ... and another of Nicolas friends

My head still just keeps going back to 9.20 to 10.50 and I've so many questions....

Reactions: 2
We've all been speculating for weeks.....nobody has any bleeping facts. It's all speculation. Isn't that what this site is for? To discuss? The Police don't even have facts.
But to go on the outraged riff based on your post is not speculation. It borders somewhat as slander on someone increasingly being revealed as quite a vulnerable individual.

Reactions: 8
I wondered this too.
I think they are just trying to state that even though it looks like they haven't done all they can, that they have, are and are still investigating any possible lead. The media frenzy has caused them to have to say something.

Reactions: 3
I think questioning whether she was drunk driving and with her kids is pretty insulting tbh. Yes she may have had alcohol problems but it doesn’t mean she was drunk 100% of the time. I think this update is incredibly sad and I take my hat off to Paul and her friends for protecting her for so long. For those questioning why it was released… how is this a huge surprise given the amount of scrutiny and stalking they’ve all received. They’ve probably been advised to release these details at this stage.
My heart goes out to Nicola and it makes me really sad thinking of what she was going through on that morning.
I wonder if her friends regret using the media quite so heavily now.

When you sup with the devil, take a long spoon.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.